PDA

View Full Version : 9/26 Official site update

Mike
Sep 26, 2011, 02:54 AM
Don't get your hopes up, it's just the TGS video in higher quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMOLkRCi_5s

yoshiblue
Sep 26, 2011, 03:08 AM
Drinking too much coffee can be bad for you.

Anywho, Even though this may date back even further, I wonder if they borrowed the warpy thing from stargate.

Dinosaur
Sep 26, 2011, 03:32 AM
Well, at least we can clearly see the first weapon is a spear/lance.

ChronoTrigga
Sep 26, 2011, 03:45 AM
Does anyone else wish they made PSO like Dead Island / Borderlands / Fallout 3 / Oblivion style world? Seeing that city made me wish it was an expansive world rather than a randomly generated world.

yoshiblue
Sep 26, 2011, 03:58 AM
A few of us wish the city looked more destroyed yes. As for exploring it? Would require subquests or locked sections during each mission.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 26, 2011, 06:50 AM
It's possible though that the city is actually inside one of the pioneer ships. If that were the case, the Arks would be first responders on the invasion and hence it not being fully destroyed would make sense. Take a look at the background of the RAmarl. There's a ring up there in the sky which would would mean a dome or something similar. I highly doubt that would be a monorail.

sugarFO
Sep 26, 2011, 08:21 AM
It's possible though that the city is actually inside one of the pioneer ships. If that were the case, the Arks would be first responders on the invasion and hence it not being fully destroyed would make sense. Take a look at the background of the RAmarl. There's a ring up there in the sky which would would mean a dome or something similar. I highly doubt that would be a monorail.

It's a pretty cool and unique situation, I like it!

And btw talking about monorails makes me think of the Simpsons song, lol.

Fenn777
Sep 26, 2011, 08:33 AM
They definitely know how to make it look epic. Let's hope it feels that way.

RemiusTA
Sep 26, 2011, 10:56 AM
I bet $10 the city stage is going to be bland...

edit: im quite positive all the cities are on one of the ships. Im pretty sure thats the whole reason for the game -- there were no cities on Ragol for the same reason.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 11:03 AM
lol this soundtrack still sounds more like PSZ's annoying attempt at being nostalgiac to me... till it got to 1:18 NOW it sounds like I'm fighting for me life in the unknown.

Still hope they have more dancey tracks.

yoshiblue
Sep 26, 2011, 07:52 PM
lol this soundtrack still sounds more like PSZ's annoying attempt at being nostalgiac to me... till it got to 1:18 NOW it sounds like I'm fighting for me life in the unknown.

Still hope they have more dancey tracks.

Your right, It did have a PSZ feel.

Geistritter
Sep 26, 2011, 08:14 PM
I liked Zero's attempt in that regard; it ironically set it apart from Universe's generally boring and hollow soundtrack. I'd rather have something that piggybacks off of nostalgia than something that isn't interesting to listen to in the first place.

I'd take something that's neither yet still very enjoyable, but we can't have everything we want.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 08:19 PM
I liked Zero's attempt in that regard; it ironically set it apart from Universe's generally boring and hollow soundtrack. I'd rather have something that piggybacks off of nostalgia than something that isn't interesting to listen to in the first place.

I'd take something that's neither yet still very enjoyable, but we can't have everything we want.

I'd take something...

That doesn't make me say "Meh, *Presses X button*" in general. :\

Geistritter
Sep 26, 2011, 08:38 PM
If you're talking about the plot, Zero at least tried to be more interesting, without trying too hard. Some of the dialogue even got a laugh out of me.

...The good kind of laugh.

yoshiblue
Sep 26, 2011, 08:44 PM
"Smile any wider and your mug will come off" -Kai

May not be word for word but that always made me laugh.

Geistritter
Sep 26, 2011, 08:52 PM
Ogi's "I see what you did there." amused me quite a bit. Well played, localization team.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
If you're talking about the plot, Zero at least tried to be more interesting, without trying too hard. Some of the dialogue even got a laugh out of me.

...The good kind of laugh.

I was saying I'd rather the music be interesting. Instead of a dry attempt to re-hash PSOs slightly overrated sound track.

Sure it was good, and above average for you typical game soundtrack. But there really only a number of tracks that would make me want to put them on my mp3, "most" probably being from ep2 and 3.

You say you'd be happy as long as it sounded like PSO's style. But to me that's what made me actually hate PSZ's soundtrack. But... ehn...

The best way I can explain it... All of the songs in the game were like "It sounds like something that came from PSO." That doesn't make it good, that just makes it sound like something that came from PSO. The DSes horrible sound power wasn't helping but even that aside it was still boring.

It wasn't only the style that made a chunk of PSO's song really good, it was also because the songs were actually fucking good. If they focus more on making something that just sounds like PSO, more than just something that actually sounds at least interesting, well... of course PSO fans with light tastes in music won't care. It already feels like they're going down that pathway, And if the whole game is going to sound that mediocre, I'll probably be playing with the BGM muted early on... and pressing my X button to kill monsters while I look for the MP3 player.

Not that it TRULY matters for me, because either way I'll just enjoy my mp3 player...

As for PSZ's story, it was fine,(though a little typical sci-fi ish. meh s'aight) I hated the characters though, cept for Ogi.

PrinceBrightstar
Sep 26, 2011, 10:58 PM
Ah! Just to further my thinking earlier, stop the video at 1:23. You can see stars through the dome.

Dinosaur
Sep 28, 2011, 06:44 AM
At 0:54, could it be a different ranger weapon type? Looks like a [sub] machine gun or just a regular rifle.

HappierWorlds
Sep 28, 2011, 07:51 AM
A great idea for SEGA: Allow the city to be slowly unlocked (however) but never all at one time. In the meantime, add new areas (snow, rivers, deserts, etc.) and slowly build a diverse environment.

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2011, 12:11 AM
At about 40 seconds, I see what looks to be a female newman in rather awesome battle armor. This kind of made me go yay.

sugarFO
Sep 29, 2011, 12:26 AM
At about 40 seconds, I see what looks to be a female newman in rather awesome battle armor. This kind of made me go yay.

I think someone said he's male lol :-?

Cast Soldier
Sep 29, 2011, 12:35 AM
I think someone said he's male lol :-?

It's a Male Newman.

Did anybody notice at 0:56 there is an enemy holding on to the top of the building in the background??

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 10:17 AM
It's a Male Newman.

Did anybody notice at 0:56 there is an enemy holding on to the top of the building in the background??

Huh. I actually didn't notice that.

Nice little touch.

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2011, 02:06 PM
Oh. Then I'm glad males get revealing armor.

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 02:52 PM
Oh. Then I'm glad males get revealing armor.

Oh holy crap, is that really his skin? Looking back at the concept art...

http://segahd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/hunewm.png

I thought that the white was spandex or whatever, but that actually does look like it might be his skin....

Jesus, he's pale. ._.

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, just look at all that hot man flesh in that photo...?

Zaix
Sep 29, 2011, 03:34 PM
Yeah, just look at all that hot man flesh in that photo...?

My thoughts exactly...

Kierto
Sep 29, 2011, 04:56 PM
Perhaps my vision is screwy and I'm late to the party, but it's the first time I've seen bare-handed (or rather non-weapon bound) casting in any of the official videos. Look at 1:42 as the screen fades white. It looks like the FO(mar?) casts a Zonde type spell with a hand wave rather than from the equipped rod/wand. Seems to cast pretty quick.. go go gadget subpalette!

Could just be dodgy animations though.

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2011, 05:14 PM
Perhaps my vision is screwy and I'm late to the party, but it's the first time I've seen bare-handed (or rather non-weapon bound) casting in any of the official videos. Look at 1:42 as the screen fades white. It looks like the FO(mar?) casts a Zonde type spell with a hand wave rather than from the equipped rod/wand. Seems to cast pretty quick.. go go gadget subpalette!

Could just be dodgy animations though.

It looks hard to tell...

I'm not complaining if it's just a new casting animation though.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 29, 2011, 06:21 PM

Another falls for the trap.

And yes, that is his skin showing on his sides. Most of his arms are exposed too.

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 06:22 PM
We've known that Forces can cast/charge techs from the subpallete(independent of the weapon) for a while now.

RemiusTA
Sep 29, 2011, 06:31 PM
I used to think that armor was cool until i saw the skin showing.

Why...did they do that.

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2011, 07:22 PM
Equality between sexes.

RemiusTA
Sep 29, 2011, 07:25 PM
i guess "japan" would be a better answer

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2011, 07:30 PM
People complaining about hunewearl showing skin

MAKE HUNEWM SHOW SKIN TOO, PROBLEM SOLVED.

Right?

...Right?

Macman
Sep 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
Newmans are slowly on a political movement for a nudist society.

•Col•
Sep 29, 2011, 07:32 PM
I used to think that armor was cool until i saw the skin showing.

Why...did they do that.

I totally feel your pain.

I really do. T_T

NoiseHERO
Sep 29, 2011, 07:42 PM
Yeah I was actually gonna use that outfit.

I'll probably use it anyway though.

RenzokukenZ
Sep 29, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm still going to use it if I roll a Human.

Besides, it only looks homosexually configured if worn by Newmans.

RemiusTA
Sep 29, 2011, 08:59 PM
Yeah I was actually gonna use that outfit.

I'll probably use it anyway though.

Yeah. The skin texture was so bad on it though, i assume it was just made to have it look like skin.