PDA

View Full Version : For those who want offline mode

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 11:14 AM
And the ability to use your character either online or offline, just be aware that that makes it 1000% easier for hackers.

Online only plzkthx

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2011, 11:21 AM
Random~

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh......

Kaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy.......

Tyreek
Sep 26, 2011, 11:25 AM
If anything is to be done online/offline, they can just resort to making them separate like PSU. That is if they consider offline an option.

tkdyo
Sep 26, 2011, 11:30 AM
Im pretty sure most of us who want an offline mode would be ok with the character not being allowed online. I just want to be able to play pso2 even if the internet is down

kthxbai!

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 11:54 AM
Wow, fanboys really are a lost cause, forget I said anything

Angelo
Sep 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
If anything is to be done online/offline, they can just resort to making them separate like PSU. That is if they consider offline an option.

I'd only enjoy something like that if the leveling curve was hugely altered to progress at the rate of, say, a single player JRPG (level 99 in 50 hours).

In fact, if stats stayed the same I could see some people playing offline mode as a way to plan out their online characters.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 11:57 AM
@OP We know U just tryin to troll tho.

Tyreek
Sep 26, 2011, 12:18 PM
@OP We know U just tryin to troll tho.

The funny thing here though, is that he's stating that it will be far too easy for hackers if we can use our characters either online/offline, which would be true. But the fact remains that SEGA changed this outcome with PSU, so now that type of hacking isn't able to be done. He can't disprove that.

PSOBB was online only, and yet that could be hacked as well easily with the server crashes, and the unreleased Dark Flows moving around back then. Your point is pretty moot. Trolling or not.

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
I thought hackers only got into BB on the crappy ******** servers? I have no experience with sega's official BB

And I'm not trolling. You kiddies need to stop overusing the term Troll, you seem to have lost the real meaning

Tyreek
Sep 26, 2011, 12:31 PM
I thought hackers only got into BB on the crappy ******** servers? I have no experience with sega's official BB

The proof is in the pudding.

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 12:35 PM
Hostile bunch of fanboys aren't we?

Zaix
Sep 26, 2011, 12:38 PM
I'm not seeing this fanboy vibe...I just see some facts...

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hostile bunch of fanboys aren't we?

You've got no idea what's going on, do you? Poor thing...

Fenn777
Sep 26, 2011, 01:07 PM
I'd only enjoy something like that if the leveling curve was hugely altered to progress at the rate of, say, a single player JRPG (level 99 in 50 hours).

In fact, if stats stayed the same I could see some people playing offline mode as a way to plan out their online characters.

^fixd :)

Using offline mode as a testing ground for new character builds would be awesome. It would encourage experimentation for sure.

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 01:11 PM
In any case, we still have a year to even play :) unless of course you're a super fanboy and you import the Jp version on day 1 :P

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2011, 01:20 PM
Testing grounds does seem like a good idea, but considering you need to level up the character from scratch, plus the fact that fighting will probably work different offline than on (PSU had different balance offline, with abilities doing differents amounts of damage than online. Plus enemy stats are much different. I remember ep1 Dus Robado spam being king), it seems like just testing it on-site would probably be easier. When making changes to your main job, you probably have enough experience with that one job to gather test results effectively when making changes. And when you switch jobs, you start off at lv1 anyway, letting you experiment as you level up.

Still, it was great playing ep2 offline, and playing with all the toys that were hard to get online, along with all those abilities that I never got to try out. Maybe sandboxing might be the answer?

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 01:21 PM
PSO is the exact opposite of a sandbox game, nice try though.

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2011, 01:26 PM
You're cute.

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 01:31 PM

And I'm not trolling. You kiddies need to stop overusing the term Troll, you seem to have lost the real meaning

Typical troll response from a troll who trollishly trolls his or hers way into making a trollish topic just to troll.

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2011, 01:37 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Kirin might be a troll?

Kirin^^
Sep 26, 2011, 01:48 PM
Are you guys both Otakus?

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 01:51 PM
Are you trying to tell me that Kirin might be a troll?

It is quite possible!

Actually... I could easily live without offline mode, I mean I wouldn't even use it... So I guess I don't really care.

But this thread is really just "I'm right and you're wrong I have less than 20 posts PSOWorlders suck hahehahehaaahaaa, someone will get mad if I make this thread, no offline modo ftw!"

Or maybe I do care, cause this thread is poppin

@ kirin: I'm obviously a night driver.

Zorafim
Sep 26, 2011, 02:04 PM
Otaku? No, I'm from Parum.

Angelo
Sep 26, 2011, 02:12 PM

Using offline mode as a testing ground for new character builds would be awesome. It would encourage experimentation for sure.

Bah, that's what I meant to say. Online characters...

Mitz
Sep 26, 2011, 02:24 PM

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but those crappy servers actually had/have a lot more protection against hackers than on the official ones. SEGA just didn't want you to know too much about it so they deleted any topic pertaining to them.

Also, keeping them separate like in PSU would do just fine if you even really want one. Offline mode in PSO was an extremely elegant solution in a time where most of the world's internet was dial-up, but even then the servers were quickly infested with hackers. You just had to deal with them a lot less because... you know... offline mode. Anyway, the idea is dated, most of the people playing this game have a broadband connection or better and having everything online just makes everything a lot easier on everybody.

Vashyron
Sep 26, 2011, 02:45 PM
While transferring Offline to Online would make it much easier for hackers. Either way it's using Gameguard, there will be hackers I utmost guarantee it.

Canard de Bain
Sep 26, 2011, 02:50 PM

I hate idiots like you who 'fix' messages. It never was cute.

ShinMaruku
Sep 26, 2011, 02:54 PM
They can be hacked regardless.

NoiseHERO
Sep 26, 2011, 03:47 PM

You're like ultimate example of a person who abuses to internet to say whatever they want, aren't you? o_o

moorebounce
Sep 26, 2011, 05:07 PM
And the ability to use your character either online or offline, just be aware that that makes it 1000% easier for hackers.

Online only plzkthx

I don't need my character to go online and offline. I just want a offline mode incase I don't feel like playing online. Yeah we kind of found out about the hacking back in the Dreamcast days.

It would be nice if you could get everything you found online save to your offline character though.

T_Esquire
Sep 26, 2011, 06:30 PM
I like the idea of a separate offline mode, so you can enjoy the story without disrupting the online aspect. That was one of the things I liked about PSU... it just sucked that you only got half the story that way and the true ending was only online.

Fenn777
Sep 26, 2011, 07:12 PM

But the fix was pertinant to what he was trying to say. it's not like I was correcting his grammar. I even made sure to put a smily to show I wasn't being a jerk about it.

I was pointing out a mistake that may have caused confusion. And then he replied "oh yeah, that's what I meant to say." End of story. That was all. Until you posted that insult.

RemiusTA
Sep 27, 2011, 12:53 AM
FUCK i was late to the party. Please tell me the OP is still posting. He's still posting, right?

He seemed like he was going to give me whole minutes of laughter

NoiseHERO
Sep 27, 2011, 12:54 AM
FUCK i was late to the party. Please tell me the OP is still posting. He's still posting, right?

Nope, OP is ded.

Nitro Vordex
Sep 27, 2011, 01:45 AM

Gotta be faster, or you'll miss the PSO2 Gen gold.

Roger Triton
Sep 27, 2011, 01:25 PM

NO.
U r trollin'
Lurk MOAR, troll less.

and btw, there is no correlation between a game being online only and being more/less easy to hack.

I shall bring your topic up on the WoW boards and send OP a PM with the LULZ.

yoshiblue
Sep 27, 2011, 02:11 PM
Make online the cool version. Make the offline version using pso's original engine, ect.

I dislike hackers so i'm going with a no online mode vibe.

Zorafim
Sep 27, 2011, 03:14 PM
Make the offline version using pso's original engine, ect.

Now that's mean.

By the way, stop feeding the troll.

yoshiblue
Sep 27, 2011, 03:18 PM
I know. Just like putting the only one hit kill capable weapon in view but out of reach. Taunting at those who enjoy using it and making all who see laugh. My friend edited it out of the map however because he likes using it and didn't want to be torment by it.

Anyways, will do.

Zorafim
Sep 27, 2011, 03:48 PM
I... uh... what?

tehhaxorer
Sep 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
I totally agree with not being an offline mode as we know it. If it was some sort of offline mode that was more or less completely separate from the onnline mode that is one thing, but hacking really ruined original PSO and technology has enhanced far enough that we don't need an offline mode. How many of our gaming PCs are ever not connected to the internet anyways?

dooby613
Sep 28, 2011, 07:56 PM
I agree with you 100% Kirin especially after seeing the difference between pso on the dc and bb on the pc today.

blazingsonic
Sep 28, 2011, 09:07 PM
Wow, fanboys really are a lost cause, forget I said anything

You don't get it, do you?

Dinosaur
Sep 28, 2011, 09:21 PM
I would be fine with a seperate offline mode. If the exp/drop rates were different from online, it would be great so you could try out different things without spending hundreds of hours as compared to online.

Zorafim
Sep 28, 2011, 11:47 PM
You don't get it, do you?

I think we've established that from his first post.

blazingsonic
Sep 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
I think we've established that from his first post.

That was me posting on impulse due to the unbelievable amount of ignorance in OP's post.

ShinMaruku
Sep 29, 2011, 12:51 PM
Well he's like Sega's management. :P

Zorafim
Sep 29, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah. He's like that every time he's posted on this thread.

RemiusTA
Sep 29, 2011, 06:35 PM
Why do people somehow think that offline mode makes the game any more or less easy to hack?

Chances are, the two modes wouldn't even be connected to eachother. I played offline on PSO without ever thinking twice about going online, because i had enough fun splitscrenning with buddies to ever even care.

And the OP is just a troll...you don't even need to know what a troll is to know that guy was just begging for attention.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 30, 2011, 03:14 PM
I would love if they had an offline mode for PSO2. As long as they had it separate like they did for PSU for an easy prevention of that type of hacking (I think it was item copying that it prevents). Simply because if the internet or servers were down I'd still like to be able to play. Also it would be nice if the balancing was similar to PSO ep1&2 online/offline balance.

Noblewine
Oct 1, 2011, 01:21 PM
I'll play both as long as the network mode is "playable" or I can play it with friends.