PDA

View Full Version : PSU JP Just joined have enquiries

fiercewhitewolf
Sep 29, 2011, 01:52 PM
Heya guys, FierceWhiteWolf here. My jp download and registration is done. I was on xbl and PC on the US servers for 4+years. A week ago I was scammed out of a 10/10 Repca and the group that did it DOS attacked me(Denial Of Service). So goodbye Sega of America. Now that I'm on jp, is there any good sites besides psupedia and such that can tell me the differences between JP and USA services in good detail. Like I heard their are new SUV's and such. Also in US XBL things like Gravity Break were nerfed. Is this the same in JP PSU? If you would like to help me pls message me so we can exchange cards in game. Really looking forward to finding US players aswell as English tolerating Jap's to play with. And last but not least, Hi JP PSU!

fiercewhitewolf
Sep 29, 2011, 02:33 PM
Have quick question, I have seen I believe I may be wrong English players on JP servers with English names. How do I do this?

ashley50
Sep 29, 2011, 02:52 PM
Just type normally?

Willg
Sep 29, 2011, 04:15 PM
Sorry to hear what happened to you wolf. I myself am thinking of switching to playing on the JP PSU servers as well, because I just don't like the american community for many reasons but incidents like you posted are happening quite often now. That being said these are questions I myself would like to know the answers to as well before I go premium on my JP account.

fiercewhitewolf
Sep 29, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks for reply yeah it sucks I know. I just got on it. And yes lol I got my name is english. Didn't think it would be that easy. I have a new question nowXD. I own the PC version for US but I can't figure out how to change the resolution on the option screen at game launch. I can get it up but I can't tell what I'm clicking on and for some reason when I click the drop down for applocale to run in English it does not show up as an option. Need to reduce graphics I guess by just guessing .

cristfc
Sep 29, 2011, 04:25 PM
you can open english game launcher and adjust options, and it counts to JP client too

moomoopenguin
Sep 29, 2011, 09:27 PM
http://psu.amesani.org/ (in depth items with Japanese names)
http://nihongo.j-talk.com/kanji/ (good way to make it easier to type item names and such)
http://shigemo.com/FFXI/nihongo_guide.html (good site for useful gaming Japanese phrases)

Miyavi-sensei
Sep 29, 2011, 10:05 PM
Wasting money for a JP PSU subscription when PSO2 is right around the corner...Nani?

fiercewhitewolf
Sep 29, 2011, 10:11 PM
What do you mean right around the corner? It just got through Alpha in JP and is now in beta if I'm wrong. Thats still half a year if not more until we see a street date for US. I hope your right but still it doesn't matter. I have a nice job so I can light the candle at both ends. Also can't wait for skryim. Also off this topic you and I have shared I am online and am on the importer club list now! Thank you everyone that made this easier. Now I just got to start grinding and figuring out player hot spots:D. Oh brave new world...

Selphea
Sep 29, 2011, 11:28 PM
figuring out player hot spots

G Colony 5F

TheAstarion
Sep 30, 2011, 09:53 AM
G Colony 5F

Yup. Event is in its early days, admittedly, but next week there's the second half to be released.

Gravity Break was nerfed on JP server first. It's since been given a damage boost but still only hits one target. Tornado Break is ridiculously god-powered on here though, so nobody misses it; but the real action is Assault Crush, which has about a 40% damage boost and hits two targets instead of one with the first two parts.

Other things to bear in mind, the extra GAS options (limit breaks for all techers except Force and Acrotecher for instance), class updates (axe for WT, grenade for FiG, pistol for FF, stat boosts for the three hybrids), daily stamps, etc.

If you haven't subscribed yet, I'd suggest waiting at least a little while until you've hit at least the fifties before considering it. Player shops are nice, sure, and hellz cheap, but lots of stuff drops easily enough.

Willg
Oct 1, 2011, 08:09 PM
I have just a few more question to add to this

1. I am pretty sure I will be playing acrofigher or acrotecher and was wondering now with the human suvs and gas system are they a stronger pick than casts for these roles now?

2. Knowing that I have to solo most likely all the way to 180 what would be your suggestion as far as types to use to get to a decent level like around the 60 or 80's?

3. I am planning to go subscribe to do innocent girl on c to level at a fast pace but I was wondering if there was a faster way to level up?

moomoopenguin
Oct 1, 2011, 08:50 PM
I can answer 3 ^^ there's an event going on til November so that should help a great deal :D

Titan
Oct 2, 2011, 12:07 PM
I have just a few more question to add to this

1. I am pretty sure I will be playing acrofigher or acrotecher and was wondering now with the human suvs and gas system are they a stronger pick than casts for these roles now?

2. Knowing that I have to solo most likely all the way to 180 what would be your suggestion as far as types to use to get to a decent level like around the 60 or 80's?

3. I am planning to go subscribe to do innocent girl on c to level at a fast pace but I was wondering if there was a faster way to level up?

1. Human/Newman SUV is strong but its based off of ATP only so each class will affect damage. Casts are still better because they have more useful SUV's out.

2. Stick to acrofighter like you said, its a lot easier to gain MP than master classes.

3. Right now there's an event going on at 5th floor Colony so feel free to stay Free Course if you so choose.

Selphea
Oct 2, 2011, 06:46 PM

About the Human SUV, at 180 it kills most spawns in the event that annoy me so IMO, it's good enough.

For AT, I would say almost certainly Human. Before, they were only 60ATP behind, but had so many more GAS points to make up for it. Not to mention, AT's good PAs are typically stronger on the first part (or sometimes only part) than the last, i.e. LOLDezza, so they benefit from higher EVP and Just Counter Damage+ more than other classes. At the same time, Dezza ignores ATA so that more or less negates the Cast advantage in that area as well. Throw in SUVs and it's pretty much a done deal IMO.

For AF, it's more about personal preference - IMO the main trade is 70 ATP and Ares for Divine Cataract, 400 EVP and the ability to max out both slicers and twin sabers (6 each - 5 PA and 1 Element+), put 2 points into cards or dual guns (1 PA, 1 Element+) and still have room for more. It's pretty much a given that both races will max ATP with GAS, so the remaining points on Human vs the minor stat advantages on Cast more or less cancel each other out. I'd say go with Cast if you're planning to run with Legsless and Human if you're planning to use Rapid Action. Although, if you plan to run Cast AF with Legsless you might as well go Cast FF with Core Shield.

AF works. If not AF, maybe WT. When things go smoothly, AF is slightly faster, but WT's tankish stats and Giresta makes bad situations more manageable, like when you're underlevelled/geared and stuff doesn't die in 1 combo, then starts moving out of place and charging all over the room or shooting synchronized Diga/Foie. If not WT then FF for Cast or FI for Humans

Willg
Oct 2, 2011, 07:44 PM
Awesome, thank you very much this helps A LOT and you are a saint! I will try both AF and WT out for a little while to see how well they suit me early on and make a choice from there. That being said is there any PA or TECH buffs, and or nerfs I should know of that happened on JP that are not yet on Xbox360 servers? Just trying to get a feel for what type of weapons and PA's I should use.

P.S. I am sorry if I am annoying you i just like to ask questions I know it sometimes bugs the hell out of people. ><

Selphea
Oct 2, 2011, 09:12 PM
is there any PA or TECH buffs, and or nerfs I should know of that happened on JP that are not yet on Xbox360 servers?

There's quite a few changes. The main ones are:

Assault Crush is overpowered
Tornado Break does about 50% more damage and hits 6 targets
The new slicer PA, Retsuzan Souhi-jin is like Chikki in fast forward
The new whip PA, Vivi Dezza, is a 1-part PA that puts out more DPS than Tornado Break. At least, for WTs since they can't equip Tradicion
The new spear PA, Dus Skadd does good damage on the first part, which works well in cases where Assault Crush gets interrupted easily
Moubu Seiren-zan does about 30% more damage, which is a godsend for ATs and pointless for just about everyone else