PDA

View Full Version : 9/30 Official site update: PSO2 DELAYED, user requests

Mike
Sep 30, 2011, 03:17 AM
The official site was updated with a large list of user requests and Sega's responses to them today.

http://pso2.jp/game/after_alpha/

Unfortunately,
PSO2 has been delayed until 2012 (thanks for pointing this out while I was editing Tycho)
to make it a better game.

There will be a second alpha test held at the begining of 2012. All participants in the first alpha will be able to participate from the start. In the event that they increase the number of testers, there won't be any restrictions on who can apply like there were for the first round of testing. There will also be a PSO2 official blog opened somewhere down the line.

Combat Related
User request in plain text, Sega's repsones in bold.
I want to be able to perform just attacks with ranged weapons and techs.
We'll make it so you can do this.
I want to be hold the attack button to auto attack.
Ok, but you won't be able to perform Just Attacks using this method.
The hunter's step and ranger's dodge-roll are too powerful and they ruin the balance of the game. Fix it!
We are adjusting the time spent invicibile and the time spent unable to move after dodging. We are also slightly quickening the change from walking to running.
There's no reason to use the hunter's guard.
We are adjusting the timing so that attacks are cancelled quicker by guarding than dodging. This will allow guarding to be more affective against sudden attacks.
The reduced movement speed while charging techs sucks. Do something.
Charging will no longer reduce movement speed but you won't be able to perform the mirage dash.
I want to charge techs in the subpallete too.
You will be able to do that.
Uncharged techs are too weak.
The power of uncharged techs will be raised and there will be an appropriete difference between charged and uncharged techs.
Resta's range is too short and I can't heal my buddies.
Resta's range is now longer.
The screen shakes too much and makes me wanna puke.
We have reduced the instances of screen shaking events and even these can be turned off in the options.
It'd be nice if there was a walking animation for when you only push the stick on a controller weakly.
Your characters now walk in this situation but only when their weapons are shethed.
Some enemy's damage-animation cancelling attacks are ridiculous.
We'll change it so that all enemies except large ones will always complete their damage animation when attack with a just attack.
Make it so we don't accidentally waste mates when our HPs are full.
Done
Don't let us lock on to other players.
Done
Make the lock-on work like PSU.
We'll change it so the defaults are click for the keyboard & mouse users and hold for the game pad users. These can be changed in the options. When there are no targets around, this will recenter the camera

User Interface & Controls
The menus are harder to navigate with a controller than PSU!
We've fixed the user interface so it works well with all control methods.
It's hard to tell the difference between all the icons.
We've rethought the direction we were taking icons in and have redone them all.
It's hard to tell what items are locked or equipped by looking at the icon.
We've made the locked/equipped signifiers more visible.
Buying and selling items is clunky and hard to control.
We've gotten rid of the shopping cart system and made it easy to quickly buy and sell items.
I want to be able to deposit more than one item at a time at the storage box.
We've made it possible to select and move multiple items at the same time.
I want to buy and sell from storage.
Done.
I want to store meseta in storage.
We're working to see that happen.
In order to get a sense of when to heal, I want the HPs of other parties displayed in multi-party areas.
The HPs of players in other parties will be displayed above their heads.
I don't want the map to change from full display to local display when I change areas.
It won't.
The local radar map is too small. Make it bigger.
It will be made bigger.
I'd like party members to show up on the map so I know where they are if we get split up.
Party members will show up on the map.
I want disks to show their level when they drop so I know wether to pick them up or not.
Done.
It's hard to see when you've locked on to an enemy.
We'll make it easier to see when you've locked on to an enemy.

Communication
I want to type just by typing on the keyboard.
We'll add a mode that let's you do that when using a game pad.
Press "C" to chat feels weird.
You can press "C" or "Enter" to chat.
I don't want to have to use the chat key to do lobby actions or cut-in chat. Give them their own key.
They'll have there own key.
I want to be able to meet my friends right away.
We'll add a function that will allow you to travel to the block your friends are in when you log in.
I don't know if I'm using party chat or public chat! Also, make it easier to switch between the two.
We'll add another window that let's you switch between the chats. Party and public chats will also have different balloons.

Character Creation
I want to be able to change clothes at a whim. Loose the clothing defense attributes.
Costumes will loose their stats making units the primary source of defense.
I want to be able to decided if units are visible are not.
You will be able to turn the visibility of units on or off.
I want my character's eyebrows to match their hair color.
You'll be able to do that.
I want to be able to make characters bigger and smaller than the current limits.
You'll be able to make both bigger and smaller characters, but only slightly.
I want to be able to change my cast character's body using a morphing slider like the fleshies.
You'll be able to do that.
I want to change my cast's face like the other races.
There will be faces that can be changed like the other race's faces in the character creator.
I want my cast to run instead of hover. Or make it dependent on the type of leg parts.
You'll be able to choose between hovering or walking, no matter what the parts.

Quests
I want a input box to allow me to input my party name when I create the party to let other players know what kind of player I am.
Done. You'll also be able to select a playstyle along with using party comments and passwords.
There's not much information when selecting a party to join and it makes it hard to pick one.
You'll be able to see the party information like playstyle and time elapsed when you go to join a party now.
I want to be able to set a way to only allow certain players in to a multi-party area.
You'll be able to set a password for a multi-party area when you create an entirely new party.
I want the camp ship to have the abilities of the quest counter so we don't have to go back to the ship after each quest.
The camp ship will now act as a quest counter.
I want to go down to the planet without having to take a quest.
You'll be able to accept free quests without going to the quest counter and just going straight to the camp ship.
Shops in the camp ship please.
There will be shops in the camp ship.
I want to be able to teleport to areas already visited by party members.
It'd be nice if interupt events happened during free quests too.
Interupt events will now occur during free quests.
I want free quests to actually have a clear end point.
Free quests will have a boss and defeating that boss will end the quest but the area before the boss will be playable forever. (As in monsters will continue to respawn)
Having to unlock quests by waiting for a random event to happen sucks.
Quests will no longer be unlocked by random events.
I want boss areas like PSO and PSU.
Certain maps will have these areas. Certain maps will not.
I ran out of item space!
There were too many drops at a single point in time so we will be cutting down on unneeded drops.
Not being able to accept and losing a reward after an interupt event because my inventory was full is ridiculous.
When this happens, the reward item will be sent to your storage.

•Col•
Sep 30, 2011, 03:53 AM
Cool beans.

Tyreek
Sep 30, 2011, 04:58 AM
Keep it up Mike, this will make for some real good discussion.

Tycho
Sep 30, 2011, 05:13 AM
Dunno if it'd been mentioned in another thread, but the bigger news from the new newsletter (also at the bottom of that page) was that they're delaying the game to 2012 to deal with the feedback, at which point they'll first hold a second alpha (with more players).

[...] We are also making the dodge slightly faster when switching from a normal attack. - I read this as "We'll also make it so that you'd switch from walking to running earlier".
Some enemy reactions to attacks are rediculous.
We'll change it so that all enemies except large ones only react to just attacks. - this one I read as that some monsters were unfairly able to cancel staggering animations using certain attacks, which was to be fixed by making just attack stagger regardless (for all but big monsters, though stagger effects of non-JA attacks are unmentioned, so it's probably just for that)

Mike
Sep 30, 2011, 06:00 AM
Dunno if it'd been mentioned in another thread, but the bigger news from the new newsletter (also at the bottom of that page) was that they're delaying the game to 2012 to deal with the feedback, at which point they'll first hold a second alpha (with more players).
Yeah. I was just going down the page in order so I didn't see that until the very end. If it makes a better game, I guess it can't be too bad.

EDIT: And you're probably right about those two points. I'm not sure what the dash movement they are talking about is. I honestly don't remember anything like it in the alpha.

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 06:35 AM
edit: *regular show OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH*

YUP EVERRRRYYYYYTHING we bitched about the JP players did as well. and they're fixing it. Also I can't say I say it coming that they would OFFICIALLY postpone the game. But it doesn't surprise me and 2011 sounded too early anyway. Least they're avoiding their PSU mistake.

LOL @ people that thought the dodge wasn't broken because we "didn't even play the game yet."

LOTSA good news, which I'm sure we'll be able to discuss(whine about) later.

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 06:41 AM
5 stars

Selphea
Sep 30, 2011, 06:52 AM
PSO2 has been delayed until 2012

Not surprised. They probably planned that all along.

sugarFO
Sep 30, 2011, 07:33 AM
Love it!

kazuuya
Sep 30, 2011, 07:38 AM
Sounds good! Especially the Cast Part. I'm so hyped for PSO2! >< Do you think, we might have a chance to get into the second Alpha Test?
Hope they release it before the world ends. XD

Fenn777
Sep 30, 2011, 07:43 AM
Wow, we are some really needy gamers.

I'm glad for the delay, and that they are clearly listening to feedback. I just hope they can sift through the complaining to find the relevant and legitimate requests, rather than cater to the whim of every Joe MMO.

Milla
Sep 30, 2011, 07:46 AM
Not surprised about the delay but "second alpha test held at the beginning of 2012" another Alpha? Shouldn't the game be close to the beta stages by then? Nice to see Sega listened to the fan feedback, keep it up ^^

SELENNA
Sep 30, 2011, 08:01 AM
All these changes are great. Glad I'm not the only one who wanted PSo-PSU like boss rooms

Spellbinder
Sep 30, 2011, 08:04 AM
Very happy to see the results of the game, and also happy to see SEGA isn't going to rush things by pushing the date back rather than creating an uproar releasing the game unchanged.

uhawww
Sep 30, 2011, 08:29 AM
I've loved what I've seen, and they're taking all the feedback to heart.
Not surprised about the delay. I will wait patiently.
Nothing but love, Sega. Nothing but love.

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 08:49 AM
I'm going to be the odd ball and these fix'es are cool and all but...

The demands sounded a bit "demanding". Kinda bugs me.

D-Inferno
Sep 30, 2011, 08:51 AM
The bad weapon system and dull combat, as well as those bottomless pits from 2006 sure have taught SEGA a lesson.

Cast Soldier
Sep 30, 2011, 08:59 AM

Yeah. I also find the answers interesting. A few the refuse to change, some they took the feedback to make changes. But MOST they already did it or were in the process of doing it.

Mag-X
Sep 30, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'm a bit disappointed, not very surprised, and relieved that I don't have to try to play this and Skyrim at the same time.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
PSO2 has been delayed until 2012 (thanks for pointing this out while I was editing Tycho)
to make it a better game.

Who didn't see this coming

I want to be hold the attack button to auto attack.
Ok, but you won't be able to perform Just Attacks using this method.

This amazed me. But whatever.

The hunter's step and ranger's dodge-roll are too powerful and they ruin the balance of the game. Fix it!
We are adjusting the time spent invicibile and the time spent unable to move after dodging. We are also slightly quickening the change from walking to running.

itoldyouso.gif

I don't even know why that shit was a debate in the first place. Everyone with any kind of foresight saw this coming a mile away.

Hope the people who so adamantly defended that crap learned something.

The reduced movement speed while charging techs sucks. Do something.
Charging will no longer reduce movement speed but you won't be able to perform the mirage dash.

So instead of slowing down the rangers, they'll just speed up the Forces? Not surprised. Lets see how it turns out.

This is good. I'm just torn nobody shares my hatred for universal animations =_=;

I want to be able to change clothes at a whim. Loose the clothing defense attributes.

TBH im completely disappointed at the first point. It's a pretty lame cop-out IMO, but i guess its for the better when more outfits become avaliable.

Combine first with second and a few more tasteless outfits and this can become the new otaku haven that PSP2i was.

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 09:49 AM
Fleshy-styled faces and option to turn off hovering?

This may be the first time I make a cast...

Enforcer MKV
Sep 30, 2011, 09:52 AM
Well, some of us do. Our priorities are just more focused on the gameplay. I'd rather have good gameplay and universal animations, honestly.

Of course, I want both gameplay and animations. But I don't think Sega will give it to us.

chaos-shadow
Sep 30, 2011, 09:52 AM
I love it! Sure this sounds like a lot of demands, but might as well get as much in early as you can - and not waiting until release to complain about certain aspects.

I am greatly looking forward to this - love their listening to feedback!

Mike
Sep 30, 2011, 09:53 AM
The original Japanese is actually very civil but an entire post of "I'd like you to"s is very dull. The original requests themselves were probably of varying degrees of politeness but it's all been sanitized for the official site.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 09:54 AM
Well, some of us do. Our priorities are just more focused on the gameplay. I'd rather have good gameplay and universal animations, honestly.

Of course, I want both gameplay and animations. But I don't think Sega will give it to us.

Kind of weak, since animations and gameplay go hand and hand with one another. You can't have an action game without them.

It's like saying "Tekken 7 needs to focus more on gameplay than animations" when they're directly related to one another. An action game with tons of characters and no unique animations/moves is...well, pretty lame.

It's not as important as that other crap, but it's still quite important. Unless they plan on balancing without it, in which case...lame, but whatever.

FOkyasuta
Sep 30, 2011, 10:03 AM
edit: *regular show OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH*

My thoughts exactly. I mean really. At least its not a failed prototype like a couple of there old games. Dat sheet b cause-in rage if it happened.

Ark22
Sep 30, 2011, 10:04 AM
Mucking A! Someone should have said more fluid motion in hovering!

Arkios
Sep 30, 2011, 10:09 AM
These changes are bueno. I'm very happy that they're actually listening to the community and adjusting the game. I think they're doing a great job so far.

Ogni-XR21
Sep 30, 2011, 10:09 AM
This is great news. A lot of stuff they are fixing now seems kind of obvious though and should not have been implemented the way they did in the first place.

Vashyron
Sep 30, 2011, 10:10 AM
No replies to Gameguard being used eh?

GHNeko
Sep 30, 2011, 10:23 AM
LOL @ people that thought the dodge wasn't broken because we "didn't even play the game yet."

are you serious lol.

anyone with a good eye and a sense for video game design/balance could see how broken step was.

Zaix
Sep 30, 2011, 10:32 AM
In the event that they increase the number of testers, there won't be any restrictions on who can apply like there were for the first round of testing.

This line means to me that there won't be a stupid Alpha Test Code this time. It also means that might actually let in some "Filthy Gaijin"

kyuuketsuki
Sep 30, 2011, 10:55 AM
Nice (except for the delay, but it's for a good cause, so...).

Only things I'd add are:

* Gameguard sucks. Get rid of it.

* Either give us unique animations for each race/gender combo, or customizable animations.

* Give us red boxes!

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 11:00 AM
No replies to Gameguard being used eh?

PSU had minimal hacking issues TBH. Don't see how it's such a big deal.

Sure it saps performance...

Zyrusticae
Sep 30, 2011, 11:05 AM
itoldyouso.gif

I don't even know why that shit was a debate in the first place. Everyone with any kind of foresight saw this coming a mile away.

Hope the people who so adamantly defended that crap learned something.
Way to miss the point completely.

I was waiting explicitly for it to be pointed out that the Japanese players, who actually played the damn game, actually felt that way.

I just don't give a damn about the speculations of third parties. Theorycrafting is not the same as hands-on time, no matter how you try to spin it.

TBH im completely disappointed at the first point. It's a pretty lame cop-out IMO, but i guess its for the better when more outfits become avaliable.

WAT.

Okay, okay, y'know what? I'm just going to stop reading your opinions. At this point I just don't even get it anymore like wtf omg

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 11:12 AM
Woah. Calm down.

I could argue how the first point makes no sense... that WAS the point, it was obvious to ANYONE who watched the gameplay that the technique was broken as hell. But there's no reason to cloud up this topic with more of our bullshit.

stop taking everything so personal.

About the clothing options, the only reason people didn't want it is because they want to look however they want to look. Kind of like how they want to equip whatever they want to equip, blah blah.... I personally liked the idea of, you know, clothing that helps you behave a bit more like your class? Now, they probably just took all those upgrades and gave them to the units, which are now able to be rendered invisible.

I really don't care, but i wouldn't have made it priority to change it. I'd do anything to stop this game from reaching PSP2i fanservice status were I in charge.

Macman
Sep 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
A delayed game can eventually be good, but a bad game is bad forever.

It's a bit relieving to see them actually listening to their playerbase and taking the time to address the issues.

Zyrusticae
Sep 30, 2011, 11:45 AM
Yes. Yes, that it is.

It's especially nice to see that the JP players share many concerns in the same areas.

Also, lol'd at all the "Done." responses. Good stuff.

it was obvious to ANYONE who watched the gameplay that the technique was broken as hell.
Appeal to popularity.
:roll:

(And by the way, being incredulous at one's lack of understanding does not mean taking things personally. Sheesh.)

Ecchi
Sep 30, 2011, 11:52 AM
Well guess I'll have to be even more patient -_-

BIG OLAF
Sep 30, 2011, 11:56 AM
Ah, clothing no longer has built-in stats, and therefor won't put any sort of constraint on visual customization. Glad they changed that stupid feature back to how it should be. Clothing = aesthetics only, kthx.

Also, I'm sure everyone is ecstatic over the whole "you can make those obnoxious-looking units invisible" feature, myself included. I don't think very many people wanted random horn-like objects sticking out of their character's shoulders and thighs.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 12:06 PM
If they're going to treat the clothing options as 100% optional now, they might as well go back to PSU's style of clothing customization (seperate parts) if they already haven't.

I'd actually really enjoy some of the PSU-ish outfits with some physics put to them. (Leave PSP2 out of it though please god)

[spoiler-box]

Appeal to popularity.
:roll:

(And by the way, being incredulous at one's lack of understanding does not mean taking things personally. Sheesh.)

Oh my god just admit you were wrong and leave it alone. There's really nothing to go on about anymore. You already admitted you were wrong the second you replied to my post as if it was some kind of aimed attack at you personally.

And uh, by the way, trying to apply names to logical fallacies on a forum...well, doesn't work. Especially when you use them wrong. It can't be an appeal to popularity because it was never a "popular" stance to begin with, but mainly because it has nothing to do with "popular" opinion. There is, obviously, no doubt in ANYONE'S mind that it needed alteration.

If the fact that not only us (whom none of us have come anywhere close to so much as touching the game) AND the people who tested it both come to the same conclusion, i dont see what you're trying to defend here. We all came to the same conclusion that Sub-pallete techniques looked absolutely useless, and apparently they changed that too.

The only reason i can assume you guys were defending that step-cancel exploit was because it looked cool.
[/spoiler-box]

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 12:14 PM
I just noticed we've still heard nothing about mags or photon blasts.

Ce'Nedra
Sep 30, 2011, 12:18 PM
Sega listening and caring for its players? I call hax.

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 12:19 PM
Sega listening and caring for its players? I call hax.

This coupled with Sonic Generations is some apocalyptic shit.

Sega has been ramping up pretty quickly since 2009.

RemiusTA
I just noticed we've still heard nothing about mags or photon blasts.

I'm personally afraid to, honestly. I know it wont be nearly as in-depth or simple as PSOs system.

It'll probably ACT like it is, though.

Fenn777
The only one I don't get is the auto-attack. With all the pushing they've been applying towards putting the "Action" back in their "Action/RPG," this seems like a step backwards. And if it's overall worse than a regular combo (< assumption not fact), who's going to use it? Maybe it combos at the fastest speed possible a.k.a perfect timing, with the sacrifice of no Just Attacks?

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 12:23 PM
I'm personally afraid to, honestly. I know it wont be nearly as in-depth or simple as PSOs system.

It'll probably ACT like it is, though.

Maybe we'll get a choice between pseudo versions of Mirage blasts, SUVs, and Nanoblasts.

I love cheesy 'limit breaks' and I'll be pretty bummed if we don't get one this time around.

Canard de Bain
Sep 30, 2011, 12:24 PM
What is a Just Attack?

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 12:24 PM
i really, really, really don't get the auto attack either.

It's probably that way because they refused to put the combo timing in the game. If you look, it's almost like there's no delay after the 3rd hit, and you can just do it over and over again. I guess they're trying to appeal to the Point and Clickers? I think Autoattack is a terrible idea, it just encourages grindy gameplay.

I think it just indicates that the players felt like mashing the attack button was somehow....redundant. Which really doesn't make me feel very good about it.

I think most of the stupid ass photon arts from PSP2i (read: every charge shot II) would have been wonderful as limit breaks instead.

What is a Just Attack?

If you attack near the last few frames of an attack animation, the next one will come out stronger. So basically by timing your attacks, they are stronger. Drawback is them being slower since you have to time them.

I dont see why they don't just go back with PSO's timing system. The spammy attacks in the demo kind of look odd anyway. It throws me off how they just swing and swing and swing. It probably isn't a big deal, but jesus auto-attack does not make me feel good.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 30, 2011, 12:27 PM
I'm gonna risk being thrown in a pot and say that I'm not really too concerned about Mags. Yes, I loved Mags in PSZ, and would be a little sad if they were drastically changed or not put in, but there is so much awesomeness going on in PSO2 right now that I'm -

Wait, hold on....ya know what. *Looks at Sakai* "THERE HAD BETTER BE MAGS IN THE NEXT ALPHA, DAMMIT!"

*Ahem*

Carry on. :D

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 12:28 PM
Unless they give the usual bonus damage to those who time their attacks.

Ninja Gaiden type moves would be cool too. Like a quick cutscene for a few special moves.

Mag-X
Sep 30, 2011, 12:32 PM
Auto attack might for for rangers. Being able to hold down the mouse button and just keep firing normal shots sounds sensible to me.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 12:33 PM
they'll probably incorporate some stupidly annoying feeding system. Or perhaps, even worse, turn them into annoying shitty little moe loli maid bots again.

As long as they're a simple past time with a nice amount of "replay value" to them (i liked how the evolutions were not only linked to HOW you fed the mag but WHO was feeding the mag), i won't mind.

Im just afraid of them trying to overcompensate.

Auto attack might for for rangers. Being able to hold down the mouse button and just keep firing normal shots sounds sensible to me.

Ah, good point. Never thought about that.

Yeah, i can definitely see how having to constantly click for every shot could be very, very annoying....but then again, it's a Burst-fire rifle. You have to do that on Halo, but i guess things on halo die a bit quicker than on PSO2.

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
I dont see why they don't just go back with PSO's timing system. The spammy attacks in the demo kind of look odd anyway. It throws me off how they just swing and swing and swing. It probably isn't a big deal, but jesus auto-attack does not make me feel good.

Because using Just Attack gives the same effect as PSO's normal and heavy attack using only one button, which is ideal for gamepads.

Macman
Sep 30, 2011, 12:38 PM
I miss weapons having special attacks. PSZ's elements were a step back in that direction. I wonder if they have anything planned along those lines.

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 12:42 PM
I wonder if they will allow to melee with your weapon too? To make the enemy back off a little.

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 12:44 PM
. The only button from PSO i wish they didn't exclude was extra attack, which stopped elemental specials from completely consuming your entire weapon.

If only... I really, really miss Berserk weapons.

Btw, maybe I missed something, but what's the benefit of binding techs to your weapons now that they can be charged from the sub-pallet?

Canard de Bain
Sep 30, 2011, 12:49 PM
PSU had minimal hacking issues TBH. Don't see how it's such a big deal.

Sure it saps performance...

Meseta duping early on on I PC/PS2 :( ruined economy

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
Do as you will then. I'm not going to make an enemy out of you.

Macman
Sep 30, 2011, 01:14 PM
what's the benefit of binding techs to your weapons now that they can be charged from the sub-pallet?Maybe weapons binded to a rod will benefit to the MST bonus from that weapon, while casting techs not binded to a weapon will just run off your character's base MST.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 30, 2011, 01:44 PM
So, anyway, back on topic; out of all of the features listed, what is everyone's favorite so far?

Oh, and Olaf? I applaud your use of the Lightsaber emote. Bravo, good sir. Bravo!

Blueblur
Sep 30, 2011, 01:52 PM
Everything sounds great. But I'm concerned with the lack of Armor items. Are units really that integral now? I mean, do they actually provide meaningful stat boosts? And as someone said in the first two pages, they should really address the funky Cast hovering animation. I hope they keep this up but I'm also afraid of them listening to fan complaints too much. At some point you have to stop and maintain your vision for what your product will be.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 01:53 PM
That's like the 9th time he's used that for the same situation

Im pretty sure im always part of it though

Zyrusticae
Sep 30, 2011, 02:03 PM
They can call them whatever the hell they want, they'll still serve the exact same purpose (i.e. increasing stats).

If they're the only method of increasing defense, I expect them to have a substantial impact. Mind you, I wouldn't be averse to seeing items have less of a direct impact on performance, since there's a stronger element of skill in the game...

Macman
Sep 30, 2011, 02:07 PM
I just wish they didn't just go "well let's let users make units invisible." I liked the idea of visible units, but they were supposed to be subtle, not god awfully huge and looked like a mess of clipping errors. Instead of shrinking them down, they'll just get rid of them altogether?

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm not so completely sure about that auto attack still... For guns yeah but melee weapons. I hate that hold one button and keep going feeling, I guess I'll be Just Attacking the whole game.

Also something I noticed wasn't brought. They fixing all this cool stuff, but next is only the Second alpha. So it still feels possible this game could come along further. Though theres a lot less issues now.

I'm hoping they go back to PSU's clothes and mixing hairstyle parts or somethin-Iono-then-I-can-die-happy.

Revy
Sep 30, 2011, 02:14 PM
Character Creation

I get it, being able to customize your toon so your look isn't based on gear is cool, but honestly theres always been just a few outfits that looked cool. This really won't help people pop anymore than it did in PSU. I guess it's moot though. Since this is PC-based and not console disk unlocks I'll be looking forward to more variety.

I want my cast to run instead of hover. Or make it dependent on the type of leg parts.
You'll be able to choose between hovering or walking, no matter what the parts.

YEESSSS! They said I was crazy for caring about the hover legs! I don't know why it bothered me so much myself but now that I have an option I can die happy!

I want to be able to teleport to areas already visited by party members.
I want free quests to actually have a clear end point.
Free quests will have a boss and defeating that boss will end the quest but the area before the boss will be playable forever. (As in monsters will continue to respawn)

Can you say endless grind time? How is this going to affect rare drops? Clearly boss rares won't take a hit, but general mob rares might be alot more common then? Assuming it still works off a PSO/PSU system of rares.

I want boss areas like PSO and PSU.

YOU MEAN THERE WASN'T GOING TO BE A PSO REHASH DARKFALZ OBELISK FLOWERY SWEET TURNED HELLSCAPE APOCALYPSE BOSS FIGHT AREA?! Those boss fight areas really helped make PSO epic, granted PSU ran the boat ride into the ground, but special boss fight areas like Vol Opt. Oh my god how couldn't they have boss fight areas?

Brianpso
What I really want to see is the possibility of trading our items with other people, either by dropping or a trade system like PSOBB had. This is a major thing, and plays a big role in the "interaction" thinking they put into the first PSO.

Also I'd like to see this "free quest" thing to work exactly the way it was in PSO: You go to the area and play until you reach the boss, later you go to the ship and then you'll have another area to play.

And as someone already said, it would be cool to me if they used the PSU clothing system, I just love it, man, if I could somehow let them see this... apart from what I've said the game is going to be pretty much perfect IMHO

If they put at least the drop option in the game, then I'm completely sold(I'm already sold anyway :P)

Zyrusticae
I just wish they didn't just go "well let's let users make units invisible." I liked the idea of visible units, but they were supposed to be subtle, not god awfully huge and looked like a mess of clipping errors. Instead of shrinking them down, they'll just get rid of them altogether?
I don't see the issue with having them optional for those who wish it. It's less because they're all god-awfully huge (I really doubt that'll be the case) and more just having the choice is good for those who care about it.

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 02:18 PM
I actually like the free quest tweak thing because they made it like a free open field. Jut jump into any field you want and hang with your buddies and mash monters. Especially in the 12 man party areas.

For me I guess that makes up for PSU's multiple branching lobbies.

edit: Also I hated that "RUN THROUGH A STAGE" and if you liked that area or wanted a rare "DO IT AGAIN 40 MORE TIMES" Makes the game feel kind of static and primitive. Even if it's going through big areas like PSO.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 02:22 PM

Yeah, they got a bit too creative with them. I was expecting simple wrist/ankle/thigh/neck/forehead garments. Not fucking wings and blades and floating reactors.

I guess thats why they were removed from PSO's development. I really don't care for the visibility option, but i do wish they'd seriously tone down the units.

I was under the impression that the outfits would be changed by the units. But instead, we're just given units that kind of hover outside the outfits and look like cheap paste-ons.

I hope this game includes super mega boss events that are adjusted for 12-man teams. That'd be the most awesome MMO teamwork in any MMO to date. I REALLY liked the idea of the Hildebear that has moves that basically auto-incapaticate a member if the teammates around him don't help him out after being grabbed.

It's enemies like that who make games like Left 4 Dead 2 fun to play on splitscreen. You're always forced to stay on alert for yourself and your team.

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
This coupled with Sonic Generations is some apocalyptic shit.

Seeing how the 3d part is still shit I would not go and say that. I shall remain skeptical till the end. XD

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 02:38 PM
Sonic Generations looks dope, bro. I wish the modern sections would stray away from that stupid 2.5D crap and go full 3D 100%, but it'll probably be the first sonic game i've bought since Heroes.

The dragon boss in PSO2 was a breath of fresh air, definitely. But I'd be very, very disappointed if there are no Vol Opt / De Rol Le / Olga Flow type scripted boss sequences in the game.

But as long as every boss feels like a BOSS and not just a glorified enemy instance like on PSU, then im fine with it.

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 02:42 PM
FFXIII looked dope and we all know that's shit.
The 3d section ran terrible that is my fear.

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 02:46 PM
I actually loved the cinematic feeling of fighting de ragon for the first time in PSU.

First it comes in and you're all "I Kill you dragon D<"

Then the fight starts and you're all "KILLITKILLITKILLT ;o;"

Then he just takes off into the air, and everythings all silent as you chase him down while he's all "FOOLISH MORTALS, I'M A DRAGON!"

Then he comes crashing down with this jet sound effect "EERRRRRRRRRR" And crashes on everyones face, and spits fire at us and we all die...

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 02:47 PM
PSU had some good bosses.

Skye-Fox713
Sep 30, 2011, 02:57 PM
Well its good to know that Sega is listening to the player base.

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 03:05 PM
Seeing how the 3d part is still shit I would not go and say that. I shall remain skeptical till the end. XD

It's akin to Sonic Colors.... which is absolutely fantastic.

I have no beef with Modern Sonic, in fact in most cases I prefer him to Classic Sonic.

Enforcer MKV
Sep 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
I actually loved the cinematic feeling of fighting de ragon for the first time in PSU.

First it comes in and you're all "I Kill you dragon D<"

Then the fight starts and you're all "KILLITKILLITKILLT ;o;"

Then he just takes off into the air, and everythings all silent as you chase him down while he's all "FOOLISH MORTALS, I'M A DRAGON!"

Then he comes crashing down with this jet sound effect "EERRRRRRRRRR" And crashes on everyones face, and spits fire at us and we all die...

Mich, I'm sure you already know this, but I feel the need to say it....

You're awesome.

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 03:12 PM
I hope this game includes super mega boss events that are adjusted for 12-man teams. That'd be the most awesome MMO teamwork in any MMO to date.

12 man teams can't even heal each other.

Have you heard of WoW? Or any other PC MMO?

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 03:54 PM
Well PSO is definitely not wow.
Different play styles it's not the hotkey shit.

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 03:57 PM
If you're playing Force, it's exactly like an MMO especially now since you can hotkey abilities. And you'd probably have to have a healthy "rotation" between attacks and spells.

And Hunter and Ranger aren't exactly "Teamwork" classes. They're simply DPS with dodging involved(which is in many MMOs these days, like WoW).

AzureBlaze
Sep 30, 2011, 03:59 PM
Was anyone else sort of shocked by what WASNT in there to begin with?
I mean, seriously old-as-the-hills things that have been with every incarnation of the game since day 1 and then they don't include it??

You COULDNT see other people on your map?
What the hell dudes? What's the map FOR? I sure hope enemies showed up on there.

You couldn't store your meseta? (what were you to do with it)
Couldn't see other people's health?
What's a force supposed to do? Weren't they supposed to heal people or something? (without a running dialoge of 'does anyone need healed? I can't see your health!)

Couldn't insta-meet friends (hasn't everything, including portables had this?)

Some of the things sound like flopped new ideas (which is just fine)
Shopping cart
Lock / equip icons
Icon set as a whole was nonsense

Because not every new idea is this big winner, and testing is the way to fix it up. Those things sound like 'just as planned'! Which is really super. Not every new thing is perfect. But the stuff above? Baffling! It's like they made a car with no A/C even though AC has been in cars and wanted universally by everyone who had one since like 1940. They were all also things that I totally did not expect to not exist...the gameplay vids weren't enough to expose them. It shows how lacking the videos really were, and how much things DEPEND on you actually playing the game before knowing how it worked completely.

If they had to delay it till 2012 to make all this happen:
Just fine by me. I'd rather play it right than play it mediocre. The quest improvements here, especially like doing PSO style free runs w/boss at the end. "Forest to Falz" comes to mind.

Everything here is really positive, I don't have a problem with any of it. I'm especially happy about the CAST improvements, mandatory hover was annoying, and the plastic adjustable face PLUS adjustable body is great. If we can get more parts than what was shown (I'm sure it will) it'll be even better.

Still unknown / I'd like to know more
MAGS!
Simple Mail?
I used the heck out of this in every game PSO/U had, it was essential for coordinating everything.
Server handling?
That whole 'make a guy but you can't change where he can go' was unsetting several people here, me included.

This big infodump said, and being positive things and all...I hope we can still get a nice sprinkling of information in the time between now and 2012, like what we've had so far. Keep the buzz up, and keep it positive.

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 04:01 PM
Was anyone else sort of shocked by what WASNT in there to begin with?
I mean, seriously old-as-the-hills things that have been with every incarnation of the game since day 1 and then they don't include it??

You COULDNT see other people on your map?
What the hell dudes? What's the map FOR? I sure hope enemies showed up on there.

You couldn't store your meseta? (what were you to do with it)
Couldn't see other people's health?
What's a force supposed to do? Weren't they supposed to heal people or something? (without a running dialoge of 'does anyone need healed? I can't see your health!)

Couldn't insta-meet friends (hasn't everything, including portables had this?)

Some of the things sound like flopped new ideas (which is just fine)
Shopping cart
Lock / equip icons
Icon set as a whole was nonsense

Because not every new idea is this big winner, and testing is the way to fix it up. Those things sound like 'just as planned'! Which is really super. Not every new thing is perfect. But the stuff above? Baffling! It's like they made a car with no A/C even though AC has been in cars and wanted universally by everyone who had one since like 1940. They were all also things that I totally did not expect to not exist...the gameplay vids weren't enough to expose them. It shows how lacking the videos really were, and how much things DEPEND on you actually playing the game before knowing how it worked completely.

If they had to delay it till 2012 to make all this happen:
Just fine by me. I'd rather play it right than play it mediocre. The quest improvements here, especially like doing PSO style free runs w/boss at the end. "Forest to Falz" comes to mind.

Everything here is really positive, I don't have a problem with any of it. I'm especially happy about the CAST improvements, mandatory hover was annoying, and the plastic adjustable face PLUS adjustable body is great. If we can get more parts than what was shown (I'm sure it will) it'll be even better.

Still unknown / I'd like to know more
MAGS!
Simple Mail?
I used the heck out of this in every game PSO/U had, it was essential for coordinating everything.
Server handling?
That whole 'make a guy but you can't change where he can go' was unsetting several people here, me included.

This big infodump said, and being positive things and all...I hope we can still get a nice sprinkling of information in the time between now and 2012, like what we've had so far. Keep the buzz up, and keep it positive.

Good thing this wasn't a beta? @__@

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 04:05 PM
If you're playing Force, it's exactly like an MMO especially now since you can hotkey abilities.

You can't be serious....

And you'd probably have to have a healthy "rotation" between attacks and spells.

There are no cooldowns for technics.

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 04:06 PM
If you're playing Force, it's exactly like an MMO especially now since you can hotkey abilities. And you'd probably have to have a healthy "rotation" between attacks and spells.

And Hunter and Ranger aren't exactly "Teamwork" classes. They're simply DPS with dodging involved(which is in many MMOs these days, like WoW).

Forces are more like the elementalist in dfo or dragon nest. (Well not quite as ballsy as dfo where I can make spells OTG and stack making rotations moot.)
See you could make them team work classes with some clever boss design and play mechanics. Make bosses have weaknesses that each class can exploit.

Let's say we are fighting a huge dragon let's name him deathwang son of kayo police and dark hokage now he's flying and droping fire like hokage drops combos, a ranger clips the fuckers wings and he crashes, then the hunters jump on him and cut him up while forces are cooling him down with spells and interrupting him.

You can do it like that.

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 04:07 PM
There are no cooldowns for technics.

There's something called PP. Yea.

Forces are more like the elementalist in dfo or dragon nest. (Well not quite as ballsy as dfo where I can make spells OTG and stack making rotations moot.)
See you could make them team work classes with some clever boss design and play mechanics. Make bosses have weaknesses that each class can exploit.

Let's say we are fighting a huge dragon let's name him deathwang son of kayo police and dark hokage now he's flying and droping fire like hokage drops combos, a ranger clips the fuckers wings and he crashes, then the hunters jump on him and cut him up while forces are cooling him down with spells and interrupting him.

You can do it like that.

I'm sure it'd probably work something like that. Especially the KayoPolice part.

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
There's something called PP. Yea.

But it doesn't involve a set mix-max 'optimum' rotation. It's really not the same thing at all.

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 04:11 PM
12 man teams can't even heal each other.

Have you heard of WoW? Or any other PC MMO?

clicking rows of icons while i watch tons of indistinguishable numbers pop off an enemy while occasionally dodging a fireball isn't very much fun. "TEAMWORK" in most MMOs usually just boil down to a bunch of people with adequate gear using their most powerful skills in succession.

...which isn't very different from PSU, but PSU was a hell of alot more involving, so to say it was like WoW would be a terrible comparison. PSU didn't have too many, but PSO had situations in which teamwork, or at least thinking as a group was beneficial to staying alive. Granted everyone was NOT overpowered and were actually mortal, some bosses had the capacity to test your coordination. Vol Opt comes to mind, Falz/Flow as well with the soul steal.

and 12-player instances not being able to heal eachother can actually make the experience better. It doesn't allow you to instantly type cast the players. the 3 forces can't just sit there and giga-heal the players in a circle, they have to still work as separate teams to survive.

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
But it doesn't involve a set mix-max 'optimum' rotation. It's really not the same thing at all.

Why wouldn't it be? There are optimal rotations for Hunters, too. Using PAs uses PP, but standard attacks restore PP. Thus, you'd have to have a healthy balance of both attacks during your string. Sounds pretty similar to waiting for cooldowns on a rotation to me.

(this is about PSO2, btw. Not that PSU garbage)

RemiusTA
Sep 30, 2011, 04:17 PM
You're required to avoid moves, change weapons for different enemy types, and possibly even change PAs to deal with different situations.

No, PSU did not play like the other MMOs, even under it's most monotonous moments.

The only time you could min/max anything is if you were pretty much able to group-kill enemies as SOON as they spawned with a specific attack. Under those conditions, all you had to worry about was outputting damage, without having to aim, track enemies or avoid getting killed.

So no, it isn't the same thing.

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 04:18 PM
clicking rows of icons while i watch tons of indistinguishable numbers pop off an enemy while occasionally dodging a fireball isn't very much fun. "TEAMWORK" in most MMOs usually just boil down to a bunch of people with adequate gear using their most powerful skills in succession.

...which isn't very different from PSU, but PSU was a hell of alot more involving, so to say it was like WoW would be a terrible comparison. PSU didn't have too many, but PSO had situations in which teamwork, or at least thinking as a group was beneficial to staying alive. Granted everyone was NOT overpowered and were actually mortal, some bosses had the capacity to test your coordination. Vol Opt comes to mind, Falz/Flow as well with the soul steal.

There's so much wrong with this post...

It sounds like you haven't played any other online game besides PSO or PSU.

Revy
Sep 30, 2011, 04:24 PM
So trolling about WoW vs every MMO ever aside - Alpha 2 is pushed back to 2012 since they'll have to do a somewhat major overhaul of some of their game mechanics, which is great, but does anyone else get the feeling that SEGA is only paying such close attention to this release not just because PSU was a bit of a flop on the global market but because Final Fantasy couldn't shine a turd with brand name alone?

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 04:28 PM
So trolling about WoW vs every MMO ever aside - Alpha 2 is pushed back to 2012 since they'll have to do a somewhat major overhaul of some of their game mechanics, which is great, but does anyone else get the feeling that SEGA is only paying such close attention to this release not just because PSU was a bit of a flop on the global market but because Final Fantasy couldn't shine a turd with brand name alone?

I'm sure they know that their fans expect A LOT from this game. And I'm glad that they're delaying it; don't want to pull a FFXIV... (even though I'd be totally fine with it coming out earlier, the game looks really fun already)

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 05:08 PM
Game plays extremely differently than wow which is why I am interested. if ya want wow old republic is over there. XD

That said if psu made them a tidy profit it was not a failure maybe a critical failure but never a financial one.

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 05:10 PM
I wouldn't... this game looks like half done with only 10% given without me even playing it... It'd be 15 times worse than PSU if they just released the alpha client as a full game and added the rest later... or something

Exaggerating aside, I still think that, alpha beta, omega whatever... this being PC only, they can still make a lot of changes after full release. So any of the annoying nit-pickish issues that might come up later could be slapped away quicker... than waiting for a new expansion/dealing with microsoft like with PSU.

As for the MMO thing

Most mmos I've played even if they're crappy f2p ones,
>you're stuck with one class,
>mastering a bunch of skills on ONE weapon that you're stuck with the second you start adding whatever skills and stat points,
>you click the button,
>your character runs over to the NPC,
>you kill the monsters to get whatever quest done in whatever monotonous uninteresting >instantly repetative way.
>you lather rinse repeat till you're strong enough for whatever dungeon,
to get whatever rare,
>to get strong enough to grind to whatever level,
>to unlock whatever class,
>to look cool, in your level controlled armor and equips that make you look like everyone else
then spam more dungeons/hunt for lame rare monsters to get more rare weapons and be a pro or something because theres actually not shit to do endgame.

By the time someones endgame. They're an elitist tool trying too hard to act like they're having fun with their time while basically saying wasting their life is what THEY find accomplishing, productive and fun(My assumption it's the only thing they ever feel they'll be good at) even though every time they type they're angry, depressed, crying out for attention, taking simple things too seriously like someone who wants to break up with their significant other but they're looking for an excuse, and then go back to acting like they're better than everyone else but their only proof is the time they spent in a game nobody cares about.

That's why I like my laid back casual non-douche-friendly fast paced japanese(and not korean) action sci-fi anime for everyone lightsaber moshpit Phantasy Star goodness.

Is my pizza here yet?

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 05:14 PM
I always thought KoToR minus the Ko- would play like its first two kinda of. I'm amazed I haven't even bothered to look it up. I saw the alpha/beta vids and then the trailer at best buy and me and my friend just stood there for 10 seconds and said "Meh...".

Dre_o
Sep 30, 2011, 05:18 PM
Rather long quotation

Bingo.
I have zero problem waiting for PSO2 to come out and it makes me rather up beat that the programmers could take the "Alpha feedback 'slap on the back of the head' " like a man and fix the issues.

Zyrusticae
Sep 30, 2011, 05:31 PM
Well, yes, it really goes without saying that the delay is a positive thing.

Extra development time is always a good thing. Provided, of course, they actually know what they're doing with that time - and with all the oodles of feedback they got from the alpha, I have good reason to believe they are going to do a damn sight better with PSO2 than any of their previous games.

I like this. I like it a lot. Sega's really changed direction in the last few years, and it's a good direction...

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't... this game looks like half done with only 10% given without me even playing it... It'd be 15 times worse than PSU if they just released the alpha client as a full game and added the rest later... or something

Exaggerating aside, I still think that, alpha beta, omega whatever... this being PC only, they can still make a lot of changes after full release. So any of the annoying nit-pickish issues that might come up later could be slapped away quicker... than waiting for a new expansion/dealing with microsoft like with PSU.

As for the MMO thing

Most mmos I've played even if they're crappy f2p ones,
>you're stuck with one class,
>mastering a bunch of skills on ONE weapon that you're stuck with the second you start adding whatever skills and stat points,
>you click the button,
>your character runs over to the NPC,
>you kill the monsters to get whatever quest done in whatever monotonous uninteresting >instantly repetative way.
>you lather rinse repeat till you're strong enough for whatever dungeon,
to get whatever rare,
>to get strong enough to grind to whatever level,
>to unlock whatever class,
>to look cool, in your level controlled armor and equips that make you look like everyone else
then spam more dungeons/hunt for lame rare monsters to get more rare weapons and be a pro or something because theres actually not shit to do endgame.

By the time someones endgame. They're an elitist tool trying too hard to act like they're having fun with their time while basically saying wasting their life is what THEY find accomplishing, productive and fun(My assumption it's the only thing they ever feel they'll be good at) even though every time they type they're angry, depressed, crying out for attention, taking simple things too seriously like someone who wants to break up with their significant other but they're looking for an excuse, and then go back to acting like they're better than everyone else but their only proof is the time they spent in a game nobody cares about.

PSO and PSU and PSO2 are the same thing.

Covane
Sep 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
Sega listening to all these suggestions couldn't make me happier. That level of developers interest and desire in changing the game to make it easier for use for players is a wonderful mark of a developer and makes me even more excited for a game I already knew would be amazing.

On that note, I don't have any concern about it taking on other MMO qualities. PSU is a great game and it has a great model, one which they know they should follow, but in a new way which builds upon and expands the original model of what is a fun, fast-paced essentially social game. The social nature of it is exactly what has allowed the game to be successful (the lightsaber mosh pits also help :) ) and Sega demonstrates knowing exactly this with the level of attention given to players.

<3 Sega & Sonic Team

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 06:23 PM
PSO and PSU and PSO2 are the same thing.

You mean minus the parts with all point and click, doing 9000 un-fun quests from 400 different nobody npc's in huge empty fields in some typical fantasy setting where you're stuck with one weapon.

Only thing that's the same is leveling up, which was never too hard in PS in general hence the constant "casual." Getting that rare to look cool. Except without being lame and having to deal with already mentioned level controlled appearances all that crap comes with. And doing something over and over to get what you want which is unavoidable but otherwise.

PS series is a little too niche, right now you're saying spiderman is the same as Runescape.

And yeah I already said most MMO's I don't really care about all that other crap that's the most popular but no one talks about anymore anyway because they're just the korean mmos with more stuff and everyone realized that MMOs sucked a long time ago and PSO/PSU/PSO2 has enough issues as it is being defined as an MMO which is a good thing because MMOs suck anyway and nobody should really care.

MMOs suck.

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 06:27 PM
Hey man! Runescape was cool back in the day!

Heh

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 06:30 PM

Heh

Runescape was never cool! I was playing action Online games from the start yo, get with that graal online!

Enforcer MKV
Sep 30, 2011, 06:31 PM
You mean minus the parts with all point and click, doing 9000 un-fun quests from 400 different nobody npc's in huge empty fields in some typical fantasy setting where you're stuck with one weapon.

Only thing that's the same is leveling up, which was never too hard in PS in general hence the constant "casual." Getting that rare to look cool. Except without being lame and having to deal with already mentioned level controlled appearances all that crap comes with. And doing something over and over to get what you want which is unavoidable but otherwise.

PS series is a little too niche, right now you're saying spiderman is the same as Runescape.

And yeah I already said most MMO's I don't really care about all that other crap that's the most popular but no one talks about anymore anyway because they're just the korean mmos with more stuff and everyone realized that MMOs sucked a long time ago and PSO/PSU/PSO2 has enough issues as it is being defined as an MMO which is a good thing because MMOs suck anyway and nobody should really care.

MMOs suck.

*Ahem*

Heh

*................Ahem*

Dinosaur
Sep 30, 2011, 06:37 PM

Your fanboy-ism is showing and you're just kidding yourself.

You kill the same monsters. You go to the same dungeons. You use the same moves over and over. You do the same quests. The only thing that's different is the battle system and setting(and the battle system isn't even that far off from some recent MMOs, e.g.: Dragon Nest).

Angelo
Sep 30, 2011, 06:52 PM
Okay, this was an informative thread, but time to bail out.

The amount of delusion is palpable.

NoiseHERO
Sep 30, 2011, 06:54 PM
Your fanboy-ism is showing and you're just kidding yourself.

You kill the same monsters. You go to the same dungeons. You use the same moves over and over. You do the same quests. The only thing that's different is the battle system and setting(and the battle system isn't even that far off from some recent MMOs, e.g.: Dragon Nest).

Only the boring players do those things, you know... you actually have a choice. where most mmos it's either do the quest, go straight to grinding, get some pro to power level you, or run around till you get bored.

There's a difference between walking to the store and buying some candy,
And rollerblading to the store and buying some candy. I prefer my roller blades over some dull ass walking, just cause I'm using my legs doesn't make it the same thing. :0

And dragon nest... I'm sure there's plenty of gender/race locked class instance based action games that are starting to enter the cookie cutter factory that's starting on what PSO already evolved from 10 years ago. I might be a fan that's outgrow videogames outside of the few he still has interest in, but I'd rather be that than SOME GUY, SOME GUY! WHO JUST PLAYS LAME MMOS! D<

But yeah I'm done there, MMOs suck and PS isn't like other MMOs, otherwise I'd still be playing one of those dozens I went through, no matter how you try to push the things they share which is mostly just... reaching some lame goal, it's not the same, especially when the only part I care about is the process where as most MMO's it's more like you're just being put to work. me being a fan is just extra and anyone that goes to "work" on PS I can't say anything but, I'm sorry you have to play that way to have fun.

So yeah MMOs still suck. anything further and you're just pushing into that one dumb argument about whether or not PS is an MMO or SOMETHING ELSE, that usually never ends which I'm having no part of cause it's retarded.

Canard de Bain
Sep 30, 2011, 07:01 PM
Not interested in this news.... no localization info. :(

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 07:43 PM
Not interested in this news.... no localization info. :(

Wait till winter too look for info. :)

Canard de Bain
Sep 30, 2011, 07:52 PM
Wait till winter too look for info. :)

Kthxbai PSO-W. December 21st... I'll be back!

ShinMaruku
Sep 30, 2011, 07:59 PM
That gives them some good lead time to really tell us things of worth.

Fenn777
Sep 30, 2011, 08:02 PM
I'm actually liking how units are turning out. Think about Armor. Outside of units, what did armor improve? DEF. And what was required to wear better armor? Higher levels. And what did higher levels give you, among other things? DEF. It seemed repetitive to me.

With units, you can choose what your equipment raises, and what effects it gives you. Want HP regen? Gotta give up that ATK boost. Resistance to Fire? Are you willing to unequip your DEF boost?

It would have been interesting if they did a hybrid armor/unit thing where some armor gives you better DEF, EVP, and Resistance boosts, but has less units. Then it becomes a tradeoff.

ShadowDragon28
Sep 30, 2011, 08:52 PM
all excellent improvements (the auto attack is dumb if usuable for melee, should only work with guns type weapons).

I do wish that the game will have equipable "Frames" like in PSO that the Units are then equipped to the Slots in the Frame. I do hope the second Alpha Test will have mags and that they travel with your character.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 1, 2011, 12:28 AM
And the flame war shall be more intense than the wild-fires of Texas....

Christ, this is getting old.

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 1, 2011, 11:09 AM
I would be highly surprised if this didn't make it into localization for the rest of the world. If the massive PSO2 booth at this year's Tokyo Game Show was any sign, SEGA is basically flagshipping PSO2 as their biggest upcoming title for next year. I am really glad they are taking it seriously and putting some major efforts into making this game everything it's meant to be.

It's really exciting to see the PSO franchise grow into what it is today, and from what's been shown of PSO2 it looks very pleasing to fans and newcomers alike. I got to play about 15 minutes as a Hunter at TGS - just the gist of it, but it's gotten me drooling so much for more and more. I really hope this will be the success it deserves, if not just to show that MMO's don't have to be boring point and click WoW clones.

Sakai is now on my list of top developers for making the PSO vision come true.

Canard de Bain
Oct 1, 2011, 12:02 PM
I would be highly surprised if this didn't make it into localization for the rest of the world. If the massive PSO2 booth at this year's Tokyo Game Show was any sign, SEGA is basically flagshipping PSO2 as their biggest upcoming title for next year. I am really glad they are taking it seriously and putting some major efforts into making this game everything it's meant to be.

It's really exciting to see the PSO franchise grow into what it is today, and from what's been shown of PSO2 it looks very pleasing to fans and newcomers alike. I got to play about 15 minutes as a Hunter at TGS - just the gist of it, but it's gotten me drooling so much for more and more. I really hope this will be the success it deserves, if not just to show that MMO's don't have to be boring point and click WoW clones.

Sakai is now on my list of top developers for making the PSO vision come true.

Welcome to the forums?

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 1, 2011, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the forums?

Thank you!

PSO2 news has been getting more and more exciting that I just couldn't stand simply reading and not joining the discussions ^^;

Here's to hoping PSO2 will be everything we dreamed it would be :-D

Canard de Bain
Oct 1, 2011, 12:19 PM
Thank you!

PSO2 news has been getting more and more exciting that I just couldn't stand simply reading and not joining the discussions ^^;

Here's to hoping PSO2 will be everything we dreamed it would be :-D

For the English language!

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2011, 12:34 PM
For the English language!

I only see Canard make nice posts to people that might be girls, everyone else he jumps at like a shark. :0

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 1, 2011, 12:42 PM
I only see Canard make nice posts to people that might be girls, everyone else he jumps at like a shark. :0

:P

For the record, I'm a guy.

But that's not gonna stop me from making my main character a HUnewearl for PSO2 like any other sensible guy would do after seeing those amazing bust-morphing features in character creation ^^;

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2011, 12:48 PM
:P

For the record, I'm a guy.

But that's not gonna stop me from making my main character a HUnewearl for PSO2 like any other sensible guy would do after seeing those amazing bust-morphing features in character creation ^^;

/stares @ your sig...

They SHOULD make a motavian race..

Or at least an NPC...

JesMaz
Oct 1, 2011, 03:11 PM
/stares @ your sig...

They SHOULD make a motavian race..

Or at least an NPC...

Motavians don't belong in PSO or any setting other than one where Motavia exists.

They didnt put Palmanians in PSO just as they didn't put Numans in PSO, instead introducing 'Newmans'.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a little more allusion and reference to the Algo Star System setting in which Phantasy Star originally took place. The Psycho Wand and Cake shop are good but how about a Land Rover or Hapsby Mag? :D

NoiseHERO
Oct 1, 2011, 03:19 PM
Motavians don't belong in PSO or any setting other than one where Motavia exists.

They didnt put Palmanians in PSO just as they didn't put Numans in PSO, instead introducing 'Newmans'.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is a little more allusion and reference to the Algo Star System setting in which Phantasy Star originally took place. The Psycho Wand and Cake shop are good but how about a Land Rover or Hapsby Mag? :D

Kay... :0

/puts them in game anyway because I don't care about all that

Random Bird Bear guy NPC: GREETINGS I COME FROM A PLANET FAR FAR AWAY, I AM THE LAST OF MY MY KIND, FEED ME PHOTON DROPS.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 1, 2011, 03:24 PM
The level of win in that statement is over nine thousaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!

*Scanner breaks* Damn, and so was the price tag on that....T.T

Jenni Porshakin
Oct 1, 2011, 03:31 PM
JFC how do I get in on the 2nd alpha then?
I am such a good playtester. I will find
every.single.one
and stomp them all out.

*stomp sound

I will. Trust me SEGA. Come on ^^;

JesMaz
Oct 1, 2011, 03:36 PM
Kay... :0

/puts them in game anyway because I don't care about all that

Random Bird Bear guy NPC: GREETINGS I COME FROM A PLANET FAR FAR AWAY, I AM THE LAST OF MY MY KIND, FEED ME PHOTON DROPS.

Right! Well those of us who love the original series would respect it too much to not care about 'all that'. I would hate for the glorious heritage of Motavian culture and existence to be culminated into a nonsensical and facetious cameo as a shop owner from another dimension.

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 1, 2011, 08:47 PM

Haha, I just always thought that they just made a new spelling for Numans. They've been really bad at consistency in localization names between games in the series anyway. (I can't for the life of me decide if it's Palma or Parma, or Algol or Algo...)

And who else thinks that they tried to allude to the original PS setting with PSU? I mean Parum = Palma, Moatoob = Motavia ... seems like they were trying something XD

Anyway, to get back on topic.... do we know where PSO2 is set in? Is it Ragol?

Anon_Fire
Oct 1, 2011, 09:18 PM
Do we know where PSO2 is set in? Is it Ragol?

Neither Ragol or the Gurhal System.

It's Navelius, Amduscia, and a few other planets.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 1, 2011, 09:38 PM

So... they can be reintroduced as "Motabians".

Palmanians were just humans, and the difference between a Newman and Numan is called localization.

Soul Guardian
Oct 2, 2011, 04:04 AM
Pthe difference between a Newman and Numan is called localization.

Have you ever played the original PS series? While newmans are certainly based of Numans, they are definitely not the same thing with a different name.

NoiseHERO
Oct 2, 2011, 07:16 AM
They're both not just space elves originally made in a laboratory?

Or is there some extra extra super specific that sets them apart besides SEGA's usual localizing name failure(Which I know is going to be used for whats about to go down anyway, even though nobody even knows for sure by the sounds) that's about to go off-topic for two pages...? :0

Wait why do I care? I'm not the forum police. >_>;;

JesMaz
Oct 2, 2011, 09:38 AM
So... they can be reintroduced as "Motabians".

Palmanians were just humans, and the difference between a Newman and Numan is called localization.

Palmanians are not humans. Humans only appear in Phantasy Star II, and only at the end of the game.

There are many differences between Numans and Newmans, the most obvious being that there are very few Numans, which are completely artificial intellegences and were created by a heirarchy of systems at the top of which is Mother Brain, which was destroyed in Phantasy Star 2. While (if I'm not mistaken) Newmans are plentiful and are supposed to be the creation of Humans.

Omega-z
Oct 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
the jest is they where mixed Bio-monster and normal people in one and made female only due to Mother brain (Nei series). the people later procured the DNA and made more little by little (Rika...etc). Over time wanted to make them more useful for the labor force, to do so added more DNA (possibly Dezolisian) and males (no more test tube babies to much $ to make). Which in turn made there DNA unstable and there life span uncertain. It took Dr. Osto and Jean Carlo Montague to redesign the gene pool to remake the Neuman/Newman race, so that the race would have longer lives. then later Maya Shidow makes the anti-seed vaccine for everyone. Without Neuman/Newman race everybody would be seed monsters lol.

ShinMaruku
Oct 2, 2011, 11:00 AM
Palmanians are not humans. Humans only appear in Phantasy Star II, and only at the end of the game.

There are many differences between Numans and Newmans, the most obvious being that there are very few Numans, which are completely artificial intellegences and were created by a heirarchy of systems at the top of which is Mother Brain, which was destroyed in Phantasy Star 2. While (if I'm not mistaken) Newmans are plentiful and are supposed to be the creation of Humans.
Terrans are in PS2 as they came from earth Palmans can be boiled down to humans that can use techs.
Newmans are the same thing regardless of universe modified humans using some feline characteristics. The fact that they can breed with humans just makes them some heavily modified humans.

NoiseHERO
Oct 2, 2011, 11:03 AM
the jest is they where mixed Bio-monster and normal people in one and made female only due to Mother brain (Nei series). the people later procured the DNA and made more little by little (Rika...etc). Over time wanted to make them more useful for the labor force, to do so added more DNA (possibly Dezolisian) and males (no more test tube babies to much $ to make). Which in turn made there DNA unstable and there life span uncertain. It took Dr. Osto and Jean Carlo Montague to redesign the gene pool to remake the Neuman/Newman race, so that the race would have longer lives. then later Maya Shidow makes the anti-seed vaccine for everyone. Without Neuman/Newman race everybody would be seed monsters lol.

So basically there's only a slight caveman to man difference...?

It still feels like you guys just make it complicated to force the differences of the classic games or something...

Barely relevant joke, but I hope PSO2 sucks!! so I can be a PSU purist, and act like I have a reason to hate everything related to the Phantasy Star games after it while waiting for something exactly like PSU or something close enough to come out again. D<

Nitro Vordex
Oct 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
You'd look like a tool if you were a PSU purist, though. Or an asshat. Or maybe both.

JesMaz
Oct 2, 2011, 12:31 PM
It would be cool if they incorporated some type of side game into PSO2, ala Tetra Master of FFIX. They could base the side game's setting in Algo and use classic monsters and maybe use a little lore from the original series.

yoshiblue
Oct 2, 2011, 12:39 PM
Phantasy star the video game within a video game! What a concept!?

RenzokukenZ
Oct 2, 2011, 12:53 PM
Ep. III card battles as a mini-game.

yoshiblue
Oct 2, 2011, 12:55 PM
Yeah!!!

Arkios
Oct 2, 2011, 01:02 PM
Ep. III card battles as a mini-game.

That would be glorious! Two thumbs up from me.

RemiusTA
Oct 2, 2011, 02:02 PM

Oh boy. So true.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 2, 2011, 02:42 PM
Hey did Sega ever do anything with the cards that came packed in the JP release of PSO episode III or were they more just for art?

Macman
Oct 2, 2011, 04:18 PM
Ep. III card battles as a mini-game.Interesting...

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 2, 2011, 06:40 PM
It would be cool if they incorporated some type of side game into PSO2, ala Tetra Master of FFIX. They could base the side game's setting in Algo and use classic monsters and maybe use a little lore from the original series.

That would be awesome!!

RemiusTA
Oct 2, 2011, 06:43 PM
All this talk about "mag pets", it'd be really neat if MAGs functioned like they did in PSO, but their appearance was able to be altered by a system similar to Chao in Sonic Adventure 2. You know, STR/MST/DEF/ATA all morphing their bodies towards different points. Perhaps Mag Cells could instead incite a specific mutation of a body part, or perhaps add a body part. that'd be so fucking cool to be able to have another system like Chao. I'd hunt items to feed them just because.

But these guys would have to program it as well as the Chao System from SA2, which involved the original GOOD Sonic Team members behind PSO and whatnot. Which means it'd probably suck, or not be nearly as intricate or well programmed.

And the EpIII battle system was way too intricate for a "minigame". I'd probably put hours upon hours into it if they did though, because that game was fun as shit. I loved the strategic feel of that game.

rezakon
Oct 3, 2011, 01:44 AM
Seems most the jpn players at least have some since in there heads thank god.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 08:24 AM
Seems most the jpn players at least have some since in there heads thank god.

I always thought they whined about the same stuff we did, minus things related to Japanese stereotypes.

RemiusTA
Oct 3, 2011, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately.

chaos-shadow
Oct 3, 2011, 12:23 PM
I would cry many tears if MAGS were like Chao. I can already imagine the endless hours I could sink into that . . .

LOL, and who knows, they MAY be talking about the Japanese stereotypes - or at least the boob slider. But it probably isn't 30 pages like ours.

Dude 1: "Is anyone else bothered by the boob slider? It's feminist, etc., makes us all look like pervs!"

Everyone else: "No. Go away."

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2011, 01:25 PM
Hoh god, I would stop breathing from all the time I would spend on this game if it had a chao minigame. I loved the stuff you could make with that, though I really didn't spend too much time with it (too busy getting the medals). But add that to an online game? That might just work...

RemiusTA
Oct 3, 2011, 01:26 PM
Dude 1: "Is anyone else bothered by the boob slider? It's feminist, etc., makes us all look like pervs!"

It took way too long for that topic to get locked.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2011, 01:35 PM
A sad day for us all... It was a great place to comment about anything without worrying about being off topic.

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 02:04 PM
It was just all sorts of wrong. Omochao....dear...lord....no....

Macman
Oct 3, 2011, 04:26 PM
Parts of Omochao mag cell returns in PSO2, run for fear yoshiblue.

lostinseganet
Oct 3, 2011, 04:38 PM

The demands sounded a bit "demanding". Kinda bugs me.Ya soon they will be asking for opaque nipple shirts.

Macman
Oct 3, 2011, 04:40 PM
I think I remember reading earlier in the thread that they were probably much more polite in the literal translation.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 04:42 PM
It was just translated that way, I'm assuming as a slight joke.

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 3, 2011, 06:15 PM

I loved how in the Alpha videos Noto Arisa was like "Producer Sakai, did you come up with this idea??" and then he was just like "^^;" and then changed the subject to how it allows players to create any kind of character they want :roll:

He speaks the truth :D

BIG OLAF
Oct 3, 2011, 07:14 PM
Ya soon they will be asking for opaque nipple shirts.

What do you mean "soon?" Right now would be good with me.

:wacko:

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 07:53 PM
Men only shirts. Sorry! Muhaha.

Free Sephiroth for everyone!

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 08:45 PM
Captain falcon outfits for everyone!

RenzokukenZ
Oct 3, 2011, 09:49 PM
Cowboy hats are only for males.

Canard de Bain
Oct 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Cowboy hats are only for males.

Such a shame.

RemiusTA
Oct 4, 2011, 08:40 AM
Cowboy hats are only for manly males.

fixed

Zorafim
Oct 4, 2011, 03:22 PM
I swear, if they don't have a shirtless option...

lostinseganet
Oct 19, 2011, 05:00 PM
I swear, if they don't have a shirtless option...
Maybe they will have an option to have clothes the same color as your skin.

Priest
Nov 14, 2011, 02:07 PM
I guess I'm late to the party, but this is some good news. Probably the first time I was actually happy to hear a game delayed.

RemiusTA
Nov 14, 2011, 07:31 PM
You were able to go shirtless in PSU, and in the creator your character is wearing undergarments. So yeah, you probably will.

Especially since they removed the stats from the armor. Now clothing has no purpose other than being clothing.