PDA

View Full Version : S Rank on Red and Green mission

ToCool74
Sep 30, 2011, 09:32 AM
How do you get a S Rank on the Red and Green mission?

I've played through it about 10 times now and still can only get a A rank.

I've been doing pretty good as far as time and not getting hit goes so why am I not able to get a S Rank?

What do I need to do?

desturel
Sep 30, 2011, 09:40 AM
Collect all chips. You need 23 chips to get an S rank. It's not about how fast you go or how many enemies you killed (although you do have to kill most of the enemies to get all of the chips).

chaos-shadow
Sep 30, 2011, 09:41 AM
Ranking is all dependent on how many chips you get, not the time.

Here's the guide for chip collecting.

http://psupedia.info/Red_and_Green_%28guide%29

ToCool74
Sep 30, 2011, 09:45 AM
Thanks alot!

I had only collected 22 chips so I see where I had messed up now.

Carrighan
Sep 30, 2011, 11:30 PM
Getting S rank on green is indeed tied to the time you take to clear the final room, and on S3 cannot be done solo as you start out with only 6 of the 8 chips. On red side if you obtain the 26 chips prior to final room you are guarenteed S rank. If you miss 1 you enter the final room losing 7 chips for a total of 19. I don't know for sure but that probably means you need at least 10 chips from the final room. Clearing either side in under 5 minutes (final room before boss only) you get max chips, which is 8 on green and 12 on red. After 5 minutes 2 chips disappear. After 7 minutes 2 more disappear and so on every 2 minutes till you have the minimum of 2 chips left. Green max chips are 23 and red max is 38. the number of chips you collect also affects how many boxes you get after boss battle just like SL, but not on the same schedule. I haven't figured out all the cutoffs on boxes yet.

It takes all 23 chips on green to S rank, and somewhere from 22 to 28 chips on the red side.

ToCool74
Oct 1, 2011, 01:12 PM
It takes all 23 chips on green to S rank, and somewhere from 22 to 28 chips on the red side.

You actually need more than 22 since thats what I was getting at first and only got a A ranks.

But thanks to chaos-shadow's link I was able to get 38 chips no problem.

Tawon
Oct 1, 2011, 03:50 PM
Getting S rank on green is indeed tied to the time you take to clear the final room, and on S3 cannot be done solo as you start out with only 6 of the 8 chips. On red side if you obtain the 26 chips prior to final room you are guarenteed S rank. If you miss 1 you enter the final room losing 7 chips for a total of 19. I don't know for sure but that probably means you need at least 10 chips from the final room. Clearing either side in under 5 minutes (final room before boss only) you get max chips, which is 8 on green and 12 on red. After 5 minutes 2 chips disappear. After 7 minutes 2 more disappear and so on every 2 minutes till you have the minimum of 2 chips left. Green max chips are 23 and red max is 38. the number of chips you collect also affects how many boxes you get after boss battle just like SL, but not on the same schedule. I haven't figured out all the cutoffs on boxes yet.

HUH I can solo s3 green and get 23 chips everytime... you start with 8 chips on green and as time goes on you lose them so if you take alot of time you start to lose more and more chips.

Believe its under 5 minutes = 8 chips
5mins+ 6chips
then I do not know the rest.

Same thing for Red side so you need to coordinate SUVs and nanoblasts to try and kill off the gol dovas as fast as possible to get 12 chips on red final block.

Hope this helps

desturel
Oct 1, 2011, 05:55 PM
Getting S rank on green is indeed tied to the time you take to clear the final room, and on S3 cannot be done solo as you start out with only 6 of the 8 chips.

23 chips on Green side isn't hard at all. Gunmaster has it the easiest (thanks to the tree), but I've done it with Masterforce (human and neuman), Gunmaster (every race), and Protranser (Cast). I'm sure there's someone who's done it as a Fighmaster, but I rarely play fighmaster so I can't speak for that class. As Gunmaster all you need is two shotguns. One Ground and one Ice.

Carrighan
Oct 1, 2011, 09:29 PM
Ok, so what i found today may negate my saying green S3 is not doable. My friend and I did an S3 run and at the end of that room only 2 chips were visible. However, when we went to the fence we got 8 chips as I was expecting to as we did it in under 5 minutes.

Here's the breakdown on boss boxes by chip count for red so far:
27 - 30 chips = 18 boxes
32 chips = ???
34 chips = 19 boxes
36 chips = 20 boxes
38 chips = 22 boxes

desturel
Oct 4, 2011, 12:08 AM
In case anyone hadn't found them yet, here are all of the chips for Green Side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ-44HW05ro

I'd make one for Red side, but I'm trying to get all of my characters to 20 AP so that I can get Revenge Blaster. After I'm done doing that (probably next week) I can do Red.