PDA

View Full Version : Game Monster Hunter 4

darkante
Sep 30, 2011, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N7-t28-RV4&feature=related

More i look at it the more i want it.
Despite the fact i´m not a real hardcore MH fan.

I only got my interest sparking when i saw my brother playing MH:FU way back.
Last year when i did try out MH:FU, i kinda lost interesting after obtaining some Tigrex Gear.

Then i got the MHTri version for the same reason thinking the spark would be there.
The water battles were a nice touch i admit.
But no... not too long in i got distracted again or something.

Now recently, i still got MH:P3.

Reason? Hell should i know...
But i´m loving every minute of it.
Hopefully this time it stays that way. XD

Gotta say that Jinouga battle had a epic theme going on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvFtGqBO3HQ

yoshiblue
Sep 30, 2011, 03:53 PM
So basically it introduces a new climbing gimmick, monster mounting, collapsible surfaces, and a new weird roar for the tiger X

Shinji Kazuya
Sep 30, 2011, 04:16 PM
It's more Monster Hunter and for me that's enough. As long as it's fun to play like it's predecessors, I will get it!

Orange_Coconut
Sep 30, 2011, 04:17 PM
Kind of wish they'd just make one for the PS3... And no, MHP3 HD doesn't count. As cool as that'll be, they really need to bring it to life. I understand Tri was on the Wii, but I would truly love to see it in all its glory through the capabilities of the PS3.

Rashiid
Sep 30, 2011, 06:12 PM
Just got a 3DS today. Guess I can look forward to this. Some friends play it as well.

Reksanden
Sep 30, 2011, 07:01 PM
Looks awesome.

Palle
Sep 30, 2011, 07:13 PM
Sadly, another MonHan I will never play.

darkante
Oct 1, 2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah, it might be a bad idea but i´m gonna give it a chance.

Also, i´m gonna get 3G anyway just because i´m a sucker for content.
Sorry, MH:Tri. Your watery days are over!

AC9breaker
Oct 1, 2011, 02:49 PM
Dammit another system I'm gonna buy because of Monster Hunter. wish they would make it on a current gen system I already own.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2011, 03:47 PM
I'd say might as well soon, maybe around the holidays. With it cheaper, there's really no reason not to get one, especially with all the releases upcoming. And of course, free Four Swords.

Randomness
Oct 1, 2011, 03:57 PM
Free four swords? What is this? I heard nothing of that.

yoshiblue
Oct 1, 2011, 04:01 PM
Its for a limited time for dsi and 3ds owners.

Rashiid
Oct 1, 2011, 04:02 PM
Really? Yeah Four Swords is free in the DSi Store. You can get it with any DSi / 3DS. It's free until Feb 20th. It has a single player as well (you and one other Link) but it mainly focuses on multiplayer. Wireless (only) up to 4 people.

darkante
Oct 2, 2011, 01:21 AM
Yeah, i've just got it down but i haven't touched it yet.
Gonna have to wait. :p

SStrikerR
Oct 2, 2011, 02:41 PM
I wish monster hunter wasn't always for portables; I'd probably enjoy it a lot more on a console...

yoshiblue
Oct 2, 2011, 04:39 PM
Well It did make the psp popular and is the psp's top selling game.

Reksanden
Oct 2, 2011, 04:42 PM
Really? Yeah Four Swords is free in the DSi Store. You can get it with any DSi / 3DS. It's free until Feb 20th. It has a single player as well (you and one other Link) but it mainly focuses on multiplayer. Wireless (only) up to 4 people.

Really? I just lost my 3DS..... CRA-

Outrider
Oct 2, 2011, 06:55 PM
I wish monster hunter wasn't always for portables; I'd probably enjoy it a lot more on a console...

MH3 is on Wii, and I thought the older ones were on PS2.

Randomness
Oct 2, 2011, 07:07 PM
MH3 is on Wii, and I thought the older ones were on PS2.

They were. The portable games are all derived from earlier console ones. Freedom Unite is based on 2, ultimately.

Weeaboolits
Oct 2, 2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, the handheld Monster Hunter games are all just enhanced ports of console releases, though 4 will be breaking that trend it seems.

Monster Hunter 2 was only released in Japan, though.

Zarode
Oct 2, 2011, 07:33 PM
The Japanese are skeptical at best for this one, too, considering it breaks the tradition. I've never seen a more odd group of people in my life...

Rashiid
Oct 3, 2011, 08:57 AM
Well It did make the psp popular and is the psp's top selling game.

Really? Only reason anyone I know bought a PSP was for Dissidia.

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 09:29 AM
Dissidia was a top seller too. In other news, I also found out that Halo 3 ODST actually sold well in japan.