PDA

View Full Version : PSU Hackers?

Pown@ge
Oct 2, 2011, 07:11 PM
I was doing a rare mission with 4 other people and ounce i started it my screen froze and i had to shutoff my xbox. nothing worked. i was the party leader and i was wondering how the people did this. i got 3 of the 4's I.D and somebody please do something about this!!
*removed*
Xbox 360**

HeartBreak301
Oct 2, 2011, 07:16 PM
Maybe your xbox just decided to freeze on you.

xGenokx
Oct 2, 2011, 08:06 PM
Maybe your xbox just decided to freeze on you.

I would have to agree with HeartBreak301 here, just because your console locked up doesn't mean that you were the target of a hacker. If you were missing items or noticed any other strange happenings once you logged back in, then I would worry about being hacked.

str898mustang
Oct 2, 2011, 08:20 PM
Oh Noes D: ....your xbox froze, deal with it.

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2011, 08:31 PM
The system will often freeze when you disconnect in PSU. Or it could have been just a plain old freeze. It happens, I sincerely doubt you were "hacked".

Arks Oracle
Oct 2, 2011, 08:34 PM
Don't listen to the other posters OP. What the people did was a DOS attack and this has been occurring a lot recently on PSU to people that have rare missions and are selling them or just have these kinds people in their parties. Id suggest not running rare missions with people unless you are sure you know who they are. For further information check out this webpage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

Pown@ge
Oct 2, 2011, 08:38 PM
Well i know i didnt decide to freeze because one of the party members found me on moatoob and said "I didnt know they were doing it, I had nothing to do with it"

str898mustang
Oct 2, 2011, 08:39 PM
I knew what had happened to him. It's been going on for about a month. Only reason I posted what I said is because the OP thinks PSO-W can actually do something about it, lol.

Here's a thread about it
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?380608-Host-Booters!

Powder Keg
Oct 2, 2011, 09:04 PM
I thought that was only possible if you were in party chat with the abuser(s). Were you in a party chat with them?

Arks Oracle
Oct 2, 2011, 10:19 PM
I thought that was only possible if you were in party chat with the abuser(s). Were you in a party chat with them?

Nope, you make a connection with people when you enter in game parties.

Keilyn
Oct 3, 2011, 12:36 AM
If you know the Deflection Test, that really is the sure-fire kill to spot a hacker, but you claim you froze upon starting the mission itself. Due to PSU being instanced, its highly probable that the Instance itself was the target of the "attack" and not yourself.

Ilikelamp7
Oct 3, 2011, 11:37 AM
You better start getting used to your Xbox freezing when you play PSU or you might not last very long.

Pown@ge
Oct 3, 2011, 04:52 PM
Yes i was but i didnt even know this glitch/hack/etc. was even going around i wish i have known because it was my only rare mission in the past month.

Arks Oracle
Oct 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
You better start getting used to your Xbox freezing when you play PSU or you might not last very long.

My xbox never freezes when I play PSU think it is just you.

Col_Roy_Mustang
Oct 3, 2011, 08:16 PM
Well , there was a hacking way to double ur mesa.
But recently I discovered it's a fraud....
People who are claiming that is either spaming or stealing mesas. I got like 20000 mesas jacked by a one of them... T^T
be warned

SnowfoxZero
Oct 4, 2011, 01:49 AM
Nope, you make a connection with people when you enter in game parties.

Incorrect, PSU is not host dependent.

Orochinagi
Oct 4, 2011, 02:26 AM
Incorrect, PSU is not host dependent.

Exactly. Which is why no users lag ever affects anyone else in game.

๖ۣۜDetriment
Oct 4, 2011, 01:30 PM
hackers lololo thats a good one omg lolololo

Eat poo derek
Oct 4, 2011, 06:28 PM
You can also get ip's through trading with people

Also its ez to do this stuff just use Cain and Abel to get ip's and put the ip into a free shell booter which you can find online
also this is "illegal" but in minnor attacks they fail to do anything as for if reported peoples failed attacks at this

Also best way to prevent this is a good Internet protection or a VPN

megabuster66
Oct 13, 2011, 06:12 PM
yeah, im getting sick of these bull crap wannabe hackers out there. Those kids think there cool because they can download cain and abel and fine a free web shell booter on hackforums. honestly, it chaps me off when im playing then get disconnected. then microsoft doesnt want to do anything about it....

bloodflowers
Oct 14, 2011, 06:29 PM
Report them to their ISP or report it to the ISP of the shell(s) they're using, they're the only people who care.

I think it should be legal to shoot them, personally. One less bad person in the world.