PDA

View Full Version : Erasing history.

Four Suited Jack
Oct 3, 2011, 01:03 AM
Hello.

Now, I plan on changing my gamertag soon and only want to keep a handful of the people on my friends list.

Now, the problem with that is that a few of the people I don't desire to keep have my partner card on PSU so even if I changed my tag and removed them they could still find my out my new tag simply by checking my partner card.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a way to remedy this?

Majarra
Oct 3, 2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah. You block communications with them so you don't get cyber bullied.

zombiemoshpit84
Oct 3, 2011, 01:49 AM
Hello.

Now, I plan on changing my gamertag soon and only want to keep a handful of the people on my friends list.

Now, the problem with that is that a few of the people I don't desire to keep have my partner card on PSU so even if I changed my tag and removed them they could still find my out my new tag simply by checking my partner card.

I don't suppose anyone knows of a way to remedy this?

black list them on psu and block them on xbox live. its easy to ignore people, turn off your auto sign in and remember to appear offline before you sign in every time. this will make it so when someone looks at your profile you appear offline indefinitely. then you can pick and choose who you game with and not offend anyone. hope this was the answer you were looking for.

Orochinagi
Oct 3, 2011, 01:49 AM
No, there is no way to prevent this. Sorry. Reason for this being, Xbox Live is a "public" service. If you have preemptively thought this out and possibly still have their cards, you could just "block communications" on their gamertags if you think that would serve your purpose. Years back, there was a way to prevent ppl from clicking in the analog stick to see your gamertag over your characters head. That was about it, and not anymore.

Orochinagi
Oct 3, 2011, 01:56 AM
black list them on psu and block them on xbox live. its easy to ignore people, turn off your auto sign in and remember to appear offline before you sign in every time. this will make it so when someone looks at your profile you appear offline indefinitely. then you can pick and choose who you game with and not offend anyone. hope this was the answer you were looking for.

This will work to an extent. But to be honest, that's too much of a hassle to to that everytime you get on. As for the blacklist and not offending anyone, it will still happen because they can see your card says your online but won't show your location. That's an easy indication to know if someone is on the character select menu or more than likely blacklisted you.

Four Suited Jack
Oct 3, 2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah. You block communications with them so you don't get cyber bullied.
It's not a communications issue.

To clarify, I'm trying to disappear rather than avoid.

Thanks though.

No, there is no way to prevent this. Sorry. Reason for this being, Xbox Live is a "public" service. If you have preemptively thought this out and possibly still have their cards, you could just "block communications" on their gamertags if you think that would serve your purpose. Years back, there was a way to prevent ppl from clicking in the analog stick to see your gamertag over your characters head. That was about it, and not anymore.

Shame.

zombiemoshpit84
Oct 3, 2011, 02:50 AM
im on my xbox everyday and if you were to look on my profile it says iv been offline for months. that is pretty much disappearing. as for psu players still seeing your online there is nothing much you can do. if this is an issue for you then maybe be more cautious of who you card in the future. if you do BL these ppl and delete there cards im sure you will simply forget they exist in time. good luck