PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Controller?

Norco
Oct 3, 2011, 03:28 AM
Anyone know if they have any plans to make a keyboard controller for PSO2 like there were for PSO on Gamecube?

For those who haven't seen it before, check the picture ^_^

Dinosaur
Oct 3, 2011, 06:03 AM
Practicality? For a PC game? WHO CARES, RIGHT?

Randomness
Oct 3, 2011, 07:24 AM
Why? It's PC only. You already have a keyboard in front of you.

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 07:32 AM
Only reason this would work is for those people that want to play with a controller. This one is big.

MistyWaters
Oct 3, 2011, 08:09 AM
Only reason this would work is for those people that want to play with a controller. This one is big.

Not even. There's no need for that on a PC game at all.

It would be like.. a total waste.

FluffyFox
Oct 3, 2011, 08:15 AM
I can't get over how dumb that controller looks. xD I couldn't see myself seriously using that.

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 08:24 AM
Wasn't it a Japan exclusive though?

MistyWaters
Oct 3, 2011, 08:32 AM
Uhh, believe it was.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 09:04 AM
Wow I'm surprised theres not a million people saying "LET'S DO THIS BECAUSE PSO DID IT AND IF WE DON'T THIS WOULD BE LIKE PSO WITHOUT PIONEER 1"

But yeah, buy your own controller keyboard and put PSO contoller decals/stickers on it or something.

edit:

I'd rather use this though.

http://senseslost.com/third-rail-content/uploads/keyboardskateboard.jpg

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 09:25 AM
That thing would break on the first trick.

Why not this?
http://www.funpub.net/poze/mare/medium_2785994417_fb059e1585_o_1220004504.jpg

moorebounce
Oct 3, 2011, 09:33 AM
I can't get over how dumb that controller looks. xD I couldn't see myself seriously using that.

Co-signed. Thats the dumbest controller I've ever seen too but now know where the Wii-U is coming from

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 09:55 AM
Then we ask why no one is willing to take risk. You people....

xGenokx
Oct 3, 2011, 10:21 AM
I highly doubt they will make another peripheral like that one for PSO2. You've already got keyboard functionality covered on the PC, and more than likely the game will support the use of a gamepad, just like they did in PSU.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2011, 01:46 PM
That thing would break on the first trick.

Why not this?
http://www.funpub.net/poze/mare/medium_2785994417_fb059e1585_o_1220004504.jpg

Then you can't type! What's the point of having a scatekeyboard if you can't type!

*ahem*

The answer is already covered. Buy a USB controller, buy a keyboard (if you're on this website, you should already have one), and you've got the same functionality without the waste.

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 01:50 PM
You put the keyboard inbetween the two board things. That way when your finished grabbing some mad air, you can plug it in and play a game or go here. Think man think!

T_Esquire
Oct 3, 2011, 02:43 PM
The only reason the keyboard controller existed is because the GC had no USB ports (whereas the PS2 did so most people just got a USB keyboard). That's it. I had that controller, traded it back in when I finally let go of the nostalgia-factor (yes, I did order it from an importer).

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 02:46 PM
Mine broke. Twas a sad day. Even though I didn't own the game to use it with.

sugarFO
Oct 3, 2011, 03:30 PM
Can I just ask a little off topic, I want to use a controller with Turbo option on my PC for PSU (maybe eventually for PSO2), but I'm not sure what kind is good to buy. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Randomness
Oct 3, 2011, 03:45 PM

Why? I use a controller for plenty of stuff and can still type just fine. Typing already requires your hands to leave the controls even on that monster.

RemiusTA
Oct 3, 2011, 03:45 PM
PS3 remote

My keyboard hooked up to my PS3

Bam

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 03:55 PM
Am I the only one that just types with one hand mid mission?

You'd think PSOworlders would be used to typing with one hand...

Maybe that's why everyone's so uptight...

Dinosaur
Oct 3, 2011, 04:04 PM
I'm sure there will be PSO2 branded gamepads, but not like that.

•Col•
Oct 3, 2011, 04:10 PM
Am I the only one that just types with one hand mid mission?

You'd think PSOworlders would be used to typing with one hand...

Maybe that's why everyone's so uptight...

Everyone on PSO-World is currently fapping?

Wat.

Randomness
Oct 3, 2011, 04:11 PM
Everyone on PSO-World is currently fapping?

Wat.

Left hand on movement, right hand on typing. Somewhat safer than standing still. Sometimes.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 04:24 PM
Not in PSU...

Right hand on triangle, monster dead/across the room by the time you press enter with your left hand.

@ Coloya:I didn't mean everyone was fapping I meant everyone needs a release in general, buh huh haw haw haw!

Macman
Oct 3, 2011, 04:34 PM
If you seriously wanted to use that, there's probably some sort of Gamecube to USB adapter you can find floating around the internet. You already have a keyboard (I hope) on a PC, though, so there's barely any point.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2011, 04:39 PM
Can I just ask a little off topic,

Have you BEEN to this forum yet? Can you name one topic that actually stayed on topic? My dear girl (girl?), do as you please!

As for your question... Nope, not a clue! I would assume many controllers have the option to turbo. I think a few minutes of shopping around online would get your answer.

Macman
Oct 3, 2011, 04:41 PM
I don't know how turbo would benefit you in a PS game where your attacks are based on timing rather than mashing.

Zorafim
Oct 3, 2011, 04:44 PM
Also, holding down the button will auto attack anyway. It might be good for other PC games. I know the feature has helped me in some Megaman games.

Angelo
Oct 3, 2011, 04:54 PM
The keyboard controller monstrosity is surprisingly comfortable. Having your arms closer to your sides is a little more relaxing. I actually got so used to it I started using it for other games.

The only problem was that the keys were much smaller than the keys on a standard keyboard, which I'm sure was fine for more petite Japanese hands, but my sausage fingers had some trouble.

Really though... this game is for PC, so you'll have a keyboard right in front of you. If you really want to go the extra mile though you can just get a chatpad for the X360 controller. Someone finally finished some non-official drivers for it to work on Windows.

Lesita
Oct 11, 2011, 02:58 PM
Keyboard or Controller i'm fine whit either of them, but i don't think buying anything if they sell it, just whit the game i'm happy! :D

paracelsus
Oct 11, 2011, 06:46 PM
Why not simply this?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/04/qwerty-xbox-360.jpg

kyuuketsuki
Oct 11, 2011, 07:47 PM
Why not simply this?

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/04/qwerty-xbox-360.jpg
Tiny cell phone-style clicky keyboard attached to the controller? Considering I'm sitting right in front of my actual, full-sized keyboard, I don't see the point.

paracelsus
Oct 11, 2011, 07:56 PM
Distance required to move ones fingers is getting reduced, but this is really the only decent option for the console heavy players that couldn't even become a competitive PC player without a good amount of practice (I.E. me).

kyuuketsuki
Oct 11, 2011, 09:32 PM
Distance required to move ones fingers is getting reduced, but this is really the only decent option for the console heavy players that couldn't even become a competitive PC player without a good amount of practice (I.E. me).
... Um, what?

This is a PC-only game. You're going to be sitting right in front of your keyboard, unless you're hooking your PC up to your TV in the living room, using a wireless controller and sitting on your couch. But then... get a wireless keyboard and put it next to you on the couch. The time it takes to move between the controller and the keyboard and back again is negated by the fact that you can type 3489489 times faster on the keyboard. Unless you're a hunt 'n peck-er, in which case... learn to type.

I don't get what this has to do with being a "competitive PC player".

Zorafim
Oct 12, 2011, 11:00 AM
Considering I'm sitting right in front of my actual, full-sized keyboard, I don't see the point.

This.

Keep in mind that this game IS being made for the PC. The entire point of PC gaming is that it's completely customizable. Use whatever controller you want, I'm sure there are dozens of different kinds out there. Actually...

*searches ebay for a usb NES controller*

RemiusTA
Oct 12, 2011, 12:31 PM
For both PSU PS2 and PSU360, I hooked up a USB keyboard to my console and sat it in my lap/on my bed and typed when i needed to.

Worked like a charm, anything else is a massive waste of money and effort.

I can't see it being any different for PSO2.

PepperCat
Oct 12, 2011, 11:08 PM
I actually had one of those controllers for GC... it was WORTH it. XD

But thats a console, there isn't much point on a PC... then again, I wouldn't have to put the controller down to type. :S

vPharaohv
Oct 13, 2011, 01:17 AM
This is overwhelming, I think I'll stick to PSP2 style typing :3

Zorafim
Oct 13, 2011, 01:40 AM
Whoa, are you serious? People can actually use that? Man, I'm impressed. You gotta take a video of that.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2011, 06:58 AM
I knew one person that could type reeeaaaallly fast on those things.

But for me, it drives me crazy because it's not qwerty. I only use it for 3 word jokes no in my shortcut list.

Arkios
Oct 13, 2011, 06:41 PM
I'd go for one of these. When I played Blue Burst, it was annoying as hell to constantly be swapping between my keyboard and my controller.

I don't have much desk space, so I'd have to drop my controller into my lap in order to type and then pick the controller back up. It seems like a minor thing, but when you have to keep doing that over and over and over again for hours on end... it can get irritating.

It's even worse if you're playing on a couch/bed.

Macman
Oct 14, 2011, 06:58 AM
What if PSO2 supported voice chat like any other PC game on the market today? Hell, doesn't PSU 360 use that?

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2011, 07:04 AM
I just use skype-WAIT NO MACMAN DON'T REVIVE THIS ARGUMENT!

Macman
Oct 14, 2011, 07:10 AM
I prefer a more push-to-talk environment, though.

Arkios
Oct 14, 2011, 11:24 AM
I prefer a more push-to-talk environment, though.

*chirp* *chirp* WHERE YOU AT?!

Zorafim
Oct 14, 2011, 12:35 PM
I like push to talk. That was my prefered way to comunicate in PSU (our crew got a vent. aparantly it was kind of a big deal). However, my stuttering does kinda detract from that usefulness, so keyboard isn't that bad of a deal.

Arkios
Oct 14, 2011, 03:02 PM
I like push to talk. That was my prefered way to comunicate in PSU (our crew got a vent. aparantly it was kind of a big deal). However, my stuttering does kinda detract from that usefulness, so keyboard isn't that bad of a deal.

I hate playing with vent in a role playing game. There is nothing more disturbing than playing with a female character and then hearing the voice of a 300lb man on vent.

I also like to play with music, which kills the idea of vent.

Zorafim
Oct 14, 2011, 03:06 PM
Vent lowers the volume of all sounds the computer is making when someone is talking, making it much easier to hear them.
And if you're disturbed from hearing a deep voice from a cute girl, you're getting far too into the atmosphere. Bad things can happen if you aren't careful.

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah I'm not really bothered by red headed japanese space elves with D-cups having a DUDES voice.

If anything I'm either expecting it, I find it entertaining or "IT ALL MAKES SENSE!"

At my age (Okay I'm only 20) I can't be bothered with that "WHOSE PLAYING AS WHAT GENDERS PIXELS" drama. Just pretend it's street fighter and a guy likes playing as Chun Li.

I DO hate having to turn off/lower my music when I'm on mic chat though.

Macman
Oct 14, 2011, 03:41 PM
If you really did make a female just for the "I'd rather look at a girl's ass" argument, you'd be one hell of a terrible player since you'll be busy ogling your in-game avatar while monsters walk up and slap you silly.

Watch your surroundings, not you.

vPharaohv
Oct 14, 2011, 04:08 PM
If you really did make a female just for the "I'd rather look at a girl's ass" argument, you'd be one hell of a terrible player since you'll be busy ogling your in-game avatar while monsters walk up and slap you silly.

Watch your surroundings, not you.

We talkin bout the same game? Not any of the PS game I've played (all of them from DC to 360 to PSP) take THAT much attention. Plus there is a lot of running around and waiting in lobbies, plenty of time to stare at your character.

Oh and I don't think anyone even did make that argument. Even though it's a valid argument I still prefer playing as my own gender for my initial characters.