PDA

View Full Version : Gonna Play Again After 2 Year Lay Off...Questions

ONeill88
Oct 3, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi All,

I just purchased a month of play time after 2 years off and I feel lost lol

I have a lvl 90 ForteFighter as my main.

Question 1: Where is everyone playing right now? Is there an event going on at all?

Question 2: Can you find rare weapons that are complete yet or is it all still synthesis?

Question 3: Have there been any major changes to the game at all?

Thanks.

Col_Roy_Mustang
Oct 3, 2011, 08:15 PM
Hi All,

Question 1: Where is everyone playing right now? Is there an event going on at all?

Question 2: Can you find rare weapons that are complete yet or is it all still synthesis?

Thanks.

Wait what!?
U still have ur character!?
I thought they delete them after a few months if you dont re scribe?

Ilikelamp7
Oct 3, 2011, 10:53 PM
1. There is an event going on now. Head to the 5th floor.

2. Nothing is considered rare anymore.

3. Major change - no new content. All "new" weapons are reskinned.

@Col_Roy_Mustang
That's a funny rumor, did you make that one up yourself?

Illuminate
Oct 3, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hi All,

Thanks.
360 PSU is terribad.

JP PSU is still run by SEGA unfortunately.

That is all.

Orochinagi
Oct 3, 2011, 11:30 PM
Wow... Just wow... There's plenty changed in two years OP. Looks like you might be better off finding out for yourself opposed to getting responses like these.

Illuminate
Oct 4, 2011, 12:23 AM
Wow... Just wow... There's plenty changed in two years OP. Looks like you might be better off finding out for yourself opposed to getting responses like these.

I've never played the 360 PSU so don't take my word on anything.

It's true though, JP PSU is better off than the 360 will ever be, But you can't go premium without having to pay conversion fees. So if you're content with the 360 version, it's totally your choice.

ONeill88
Oct 4, 2011, 08:13 AM
Wait what!?
U still have ur character!?
I thought they delete them after a few months if you dont re scribe?

They were all still there...

Thanks for the other responses I guess I'll try it for a month.

martinmeegan
Oct 4, 2011, 08:49 AM
I've just started playing 360 PSU again after the same amount of time and the biggest difference I've noticed is that there doesn't seem to be anywhere near the number of idiots playing that there used to be which is wonderful. They were the reason that I stopped playing in the first place.

desturel
Oct 4, 2011, 08:56 AM
1) The event right now is Maximum Attack Cross (MAX for short). You can find out details about the event on the official forums (http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?237) and on the event page (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/max2011/en/). There is also a Phantasy Star Universe wikipedia with a page for what drops (http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_X) in the event and how to get most of the stuff that may or may not drop.

2) There are tons of previously rare weapons that are common now. Things that use to take months of hunting to obtain, now drop relatively easily. Unfortunately this now means that everyone has become sarcastic about the drops and say things like "nothing but junk drops". It's unfortunate, but a lot of people don't remember how hard it was to get "junk" in the old days.

3) It really depends on when the last time you played. If you played before the expansion (AotI) which would have been more like a three year break instead of a two year break, then there were a ton of tweaks to the game play system including modifications to how fighters play called just attack / exact attack which adds an automatic critical hit to your attacks. If you were here for the AotI expansion, then there were additional changes including new classes (as you may have already found out) and a ton of new weapons and items.

My suggestion is, if you honestly want help the best place to go is the official forums that I linked previously.

Unfortunately PSO-world has become a place for a bunch of bitter importers that hate everything about the US version of the game. Sega has fallen behind on their updates for the US version of the game, so these importers will do anything in their power to make sure that no one is having fun on the "crappy version" of the game. If you are more interested in having fun instead of arguing with people who's soul intent is to make you dislike the game you are currently playing, the official forum is your better choice for information.

Of course there are a lot of bitter people on the official forums as well, (many of the same people in fact) but most of the helpful people have abandoned this forum as a place for importers and time attackers who have forgotten how to play this game as a low level player.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. It just makes this a bad place to get help generally since they don't even play the same version of the game you are playing. Once you level up a bit and get a few decent items to run with, you can think of this as the "advanced gameplay forum" where you can get tips on how to tweak your play style to get faster, but you can do that on the official forums as well. If you do get bitter and want to vent about the game, here is the better place to do it since more people will join in on the pity party. :)

Orochinagi
Oct 4, 2011, 10:21 AM
^This this this!

Illuminate
Oct 4, 2011, 01:01 PM
1) The event right now is Maximum Attack Cross (MAX for short). You can find out details about the event on the official forums (http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?237) and on the event page (http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/event/max2011/en/). There is also a Phantasy Star Universe wikipedia with a page for what drops (http://psupedia.info/Maximum_Attack_X) in the event and how to get most of the stuff that may or may not drop.

2) There are tons of previously rare weapons that are common now. Things that use to take months of hunting to obtain, now drop relatively easily. Unfortunately this now means that everyone has become sarcastic about the drops and say things like "nothing but junk drops". It's unfortunate, but a lot of people don't remember how hard it was to get "junk" in the old days.

3) It really depends on when the last time you played. If you played before the expansion (AotI) which would have been more like a three year break instead of a two year break, then there were a ton of tweaks to the game play system including modifications to how fighters play called just attack / exact attack which adds an automatic critical hit to your attacks. If you were here for the AotI expansion, then there were additional changes including new classes (as you may have already found out) and a ton of new weapons and items.

My suggestion is, if you honestly want help the best place to go is the official forums that I linked previously.

Unfortunately PSO-world has become a place for a bunch of bitter importers that hate everything about the US version of the game. Sega has fallen behind on their updates for the US version of the game, so these importers will do anything in their power to make sure that no one is having fun on the "crappy version" of the game. If you are more interested in having fun instead of arguing with people who's soul intent is to make you dislike the game you are currently playing, the official forum is your better choice for information.

Of course there are a lot of bitter people on the official forums as well, (many of the same people in fact) but most of the helpful people have abandoned this forum as a place for importers and time attackers who have forgotten how to play this game as a low level player.

Honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. It just makes this a bad place to get help generally since they don't even play the same version of the game you are playing. Once you level up a bit and get a few decent items to run with, you can think of this as the "advanced gameplay forum" where you can get tips on how to tweak your play style to get faster, but you can do that on the official forums as well. If you do get bitter and want to vent about the game, here is the better place to do it since more people will join in on the pity party. :)I can wholly agree with this post. I did however play the PC/PS2 version more or less right up to the end. Never played the 360 version, just tried the demo.

And yes, I am a bitter importer that hates the 360 version of the game. Even though I've never actually payed for the Japanese version.

But yeah in general this forum kinda sucks, even those people who try to make it seem good have their own dark, dirty little secrets. ;D Probably...

Anyway, if you want to play the 360 version that's your choice entirely. Enjoy!

However if you do decide to play the Japanese version in a month, hit me up with a PM and I'll help you get started. If I'm not too busy. And if I don't miss the PM. o-O