PDA

View Full Version : Will PSO2 Have fist/feet weapons?

PhantWolf
Oct 3, 2011, 06:15 PM
Will pso2 have empty handed weapons. If they appear in this game I really hope that appear not exactly as they did in pso, but appear small like actual gloves or boots. PSU fist weapons were to clunky and they should have also appeared on their feet.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 06:23 PM
Theres weaponless fighting...

No actual glove weapons shown yet.

I can't name a game that has weapons on the feet, but seeing as how my OC fights with rocket shoes I wouldn't be complaining.

Zaix
Oct 3, 2011, 06:37 PM
I'm fairly sure Bayonetta had blades and guns on her feet.

Angelo
Oct 3, 2011, 06:50 PM
Theres weaponless fighting...

No actual glove weapons shown yet.

I can't name a game that has weapons on the feet, but seeing as how my OC fights with rocket shoes I wouldn't be complaining.

Soul Calibur 3 iirc.

EDIT: Yeah, if your chose the Grieve Edge discipline for your character you got bladed shoes. Kind of a neat novelty, not any more ridiculous than slicers.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 06:51 PM
Like I said, games I didn't play!

Angelo
Oct 3, 2011, 08:00 PM
After thinking about it more, I would really love to see a gloves weapon type that was much, much more subtle than the ridiculous fists in PSU. Actually, there is only one gloves set from that series that looks ideal to me and it's DLC.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Spark-Fist.jpg
http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/b/b1/Spark_Fists.png

yoshiblue
Oct 3, 2011, 08:06 PM
They have Tiger claws in Ninja Gaiden II. Blades on the feet and are used in combat. Even the enemies have them!

•Col•
Oct 3, 2011, 08:22 PM
Brave Knuckle in PSO made you use the normal weaponless attack animation, which uses the feet for certain characters.

NoiseHERO
Oct 3, 2011, 08:39 PM
After thinking about it more, I would really love to see a gloves weapon type that was much, much more subtle than the ridiculous fists in PSU. Actually, there is only one gloves set from that series that looks ideal to me and it's DLC.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Spark-Fist.jpg
http://psp2.psupedia.info/images/b/b1/Spark_Fists.png

I said this in every weapon related thread up until it was finally revealed we had weapon less fighting. HOPEFULLY there will be more weapons like what you just posted which I was mad I couldn't get because I wasn't japanese.

Kent
Oct 4, 2011, 09:05 AM
Bayonetta featured quad-wielding as a primary game mechanic (because mounting various firearms to your high-heels, why the hell not?), and Ninja Gaiden II featured some claw weapons that have both a hand-held pair and a boot-mounted pair, and are wielded together. Those aside, feet-mounted weaponry isn't the most common thing, unless you look into just plain boots as they're used in games like Diablo II (for the Assassin's kick damage) and Final Fantasy XI (ditto for Monks).

I would like to see unarmed weapons (Brave Knuckle and Angry Fist types of things) make a return in PSO2, though being visibly-distinguishable from a simply-unequipped character would be nice, I'd really rather they not be in the style of ridiculous-looking idiot gloves like all knuckles in PSU were.

Like I said, games I didn't play!
Go play Bayonetta now. I don't care what your plan or budget is for the day - you're doing yourself a disservice for having not played it.

yoshiblue
Oct 4, 2011, 10:43 AM
I looked at it and said no.

NoiseHERO
Oct 4, 2011, 10:51 AM
I looked at it and said no.

That one girl that's always with sakai is probably afraid of dogs anyway.

Zorafim
Oct 4, 2011, 03:26 PM
Fist weapons? Most likely. After PSO, fist weapons have been common. And considering they confirmed unarmed combat (yay), it's easy for them to copy the animation for an entire weapon type. Feet weapons? Unlikely, but kicks are common with fist weapons and daggers. Sometimes even sabers.

If you want a martial arts style, fist weapons may give you that feel. Claws might also give you that, depending on what they're going for this time. Daggers will almost definately give you an armed martial arts style, too.

Now that I've answered the topic, what off topic discussion are we having now? I'm kinda lost.

Reksanden
Oct 4, 2011, 04:36 PM
Forgetting the Tales series? Senel in Legendia and Regal in Symphonia. Senel has fist weapons and Regal uses boots(shin-guards?).

NoiseHERO
Oct 4, 2011, 04:43 PM
Forgetting the Tales series? Senel in Legendia and Regal in Symphonia. Senel has fist weapons and Regal uses boots(shin-guards?).

asdfaasdfsadfasfds

Forgot about regal, I never used him though. That was before I thought kicking was cool, and I was obsessed with twin swords. Actually I became obsessed with twin swords BECAUSE of that game. Though I got tired of them by the time of PSU.

Hm... Was also right around the time twin swords got popular in general... I blame kingdom hearts and Symphonia...

As for punching AND kicking, I'd say plenty of games had the "monk" class.

RemiusTA
Oct 4, 2011, 07:00 PM
Yeah, the only Tales Of game ive ever been interested in was symphonia, because Lloyd was a beast with those swords. No other tales games have had main characters with moves as awesome as Lloyd.

Roxas and Valor Sora also brought up the twin swords thing pretty well. But their status from Rare/limited availability from PSO to spammed-like-fuck in PSU pretty much killed it 100% for me.

"En"
Oct 7, 2011, 03:52 PM
Then, there was Ragnarok Online, where Taekwon Masters kicked with... Books...

I'd like to see some variation of hand-to-hand combat. Hopefully, in a manner that wasn't as cumbersome as PSO, nor as Sock'em-Boppers as PSU.

PSW4L
Oct 10, 2011, 04:57 PM
I agree that the knuckles in PSU look kind of big and clunky. I would have liked to see something more like gloves too. It would be cool to see some one fight with punches and kicks. I'd like that.

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2011, 05:06 PM
I was hoping for a martial arts style when I heard about knuckles. It turned out it was just a brawler's weapon.
A Monk style weapon class would be neat, I hope we get that this time.