PDA

View Full Version : Searching in JP player shops

Willg
Oct 4, 2011, 07:19 PM
I have searched around the boards for a few days now looking on how to use the Japanese players shops and search for items. While I was searching I found quite a few tools and websites to figure out the items names in English and Japanese. The only problem that I have now is, how do I manage to type the Katakana in the search box? I was hoping someone on here would be kind enough to help me out with this.

Also if you would like to tell me your method of how you go about with the whole process yourself would be cool so I could play around and use different styles to figure out which would work the fastest

str898mustang
Oct 4, 2011, 07:23 PM
you need to go into windows and add Japanese to your keyboard

Willg
Oct 4, 2011, 07:41 PM
Awesome thank you I knew I was forgetting something. I have done that and now I can get the exact Katakana in the box but when I search nothing comes up as a result. I have checked the highest price and lowest price and sorting and category.

Nevermind I forgot you have to hit space bar on it to make it go full Katakana

syzhk3
Oct 5, 2011, 12:03 AM
I remember there's a video on youtube that tells you how to type JP letters,it's called "how to input japanese with english keyboard ".
I think that'll help you with you problem.

Willg
Oct 16, 2011, 01:05 PM
I ran into a new problem would anyone know how to type the last symbol in
ラプラスフラッター爽 I know it means brightness but I can not for the life of me figue out how to type that out any help would be awesome

str898mustang
Oct 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
what are you trying to search for?

Titan
Oct 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
I ran into a new problem would anyone know how to type the last symbol in
ラプラスフラッター爽 I know it means brightness but I can not for the life of me figue out how to type that out any help would be awesome

http://www.romaji.org/

Copy and paste any Japanese character, it will spell it out for you phonetically.

Karen Erra
Oct 16, 2011, 01:26 PM
the last letter is chinese.
you type it shuang with activated chinese language on computer.

Selphea
Oct 16, 2011, 01:35 PM
Rapurasu Furatta- Sou

http://psupedia.info/Bright_Laplace_Flutter

That kanji is pretty far down the list though, maybe page 4 or so

Edit: Male clothes are cheap! :O

TheAstarion
Oct 17, 2011, 09:24 AM
On a slightly related topic, does anyone know any advanced searching techniques that work on JP?

For example, the really simple ones like GRM and +10 work straight away for searching for any GRM or 10/10 weapons. Inputting the other manufacturers, Tenora and Youmei, in Katakana, and elements such as koori, yami, honoo in Hiragana, also work.

How about things like "twin" which searches for all twin dagger, saber and handguns? "Saber" for single, double and twin sabers? Even "Striking" for any striking weapons, "arm" for arm slot units, "head" for head slot units (infuriating when searching for magashi heads). Even "legs" would come up with CAST- leg parts, but that was only due to the name.

Basically, while I know some elements, I don't know the words for "arm", "body", etc... and I'd be super grateful if someone could figure out a way to search, for example, fleshie female clothes only, or CAST-male parts only, rather than any clothes or parts from the conditional search.

str898mustang
Oct 17, 2011, 10:33 AM
well twin in katakana is ツイン

why not just type the name of the weapon/part?

Amesani is there for a reason.

Saber wont work because Saber is a type of weapon.

TheAstarion
Oct 17, 2011, 04:05 PM
It worked in the english version, just like Knuckles did (searched for all fist weapons, not just the 2* GRM one, or the room decoration of the same name).

Amesani has the names, sure, but I'm talking about looking for a range of things. It's easier, for instance, to know Yo-U-Me-I in Katakana, and search for 9* swords, than to type in those garbled runes that come before the Zantetsu's name.

Not everyone is fluent in Japanese, even worse when some items use Chinese characters. Katakana is great; it's a relatively easy phonetic alphabet like Greek, but Hiragana is one step beyond my casual learning abilities for some reason. I'm a Wartecher. I hit things and heal myself. Not exactly a cunning linguist (though at one point I did used to speak four foreign languages, with cursory knowledge of another two... these skills lapse pretty quickly if you don't use them).

Not trying to be an ass, not trying to get at you, just curious. And I'm the first to admit that I'm probably a lot lazier and uneducated than anyone on the JP server should be.

Positive
Oct 17, 2011, 04:19 PM
I just use google translate. The translation at the bottom does all the work for you.

Cyanide77
Oct 17, 2011, 04:34 PM
Find the name of anything you want with these two sites:
http://psupedia.info/
http://psu.amesani.org/

Then copy and paste the Japanese into this site:
http://nihongo.j-talk.com/kanji/

str898mustang
Oct 17, 2011, 05:46 PM
I know for armor, you use シルード

Positive
Oct 17, 2011, 05:51 PM
I know for armor, you use シルード

Doesn't the 3rd to last option in specific search do that for you? :-?

str898mustang
Oct 17, 2011, 06:03 PM
Doesn't the 3rd to last option in specific search do that for you? :-?

yeah, lol but it's buried in submenus...quicker to type