PDA

View Full Version : How will you pass time till US test

ShinMaruku
Oct 4, 2011, 07:59 PM
I refuse to call it a beta when they have devolved into marketing campaigns.

BIG OLAF
Oct 4, 2011, 08:01 PM
Gears 3 and Skyrim.

And I'll still be playing them when the US thingy happens, since my computer can't run it.

NoiseHERO
Oct 4, 2011, 08:19 PM
I'll probably be drawing my damned comic by the time JP has their second alpha.

Still fighting my writers block right now, but my timelines almost done.

Pirrip
Oct 4, 2011, 08:23 PM
O.O There's going to be US testing?
I guess I'll be going to school and drawing and playing monhan until I it does.

PrinceBrightstar
Oct 4, 2011, 08:26 PM
Who says there's a US test coming? Anyway rebuilding my PC and catching up on some console games. Also working on and listening to an Alpha OST. Trying to wait for the NDA to drop before releasing anything. I've heard complaints about how simplistic the music is but I think this is one of the most innovative changes to the series based on how everything is structured.

Has any part of the NDA dropped at this point?

NoiseHERO
Oct 4, 2011, 08:28 PM
The closest thing to US I've heard from the PSO2 team would be their comments related to trying to speak english, and "people overseas cracking our program D:"

RemiusTA
Oct 4, 2011, 09:04 PM
drawing spriting blazblue job (hopefully)

BIG OLAF
Oct 4, 2011, 09:32 PM
job (hopefully)

Oh, yeah. I second this, including the parenthesized part.

Zorafim
Oct 4, 2011, 09:53 PM
Oh, you know...

[spoiler-box]
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_121010_183345.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_121410_001524.jpg
That's a zombie riding a T-rex riding a shark, by the way.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_032311_135401.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_032511_001453.jpg
Look for wings. And keep in mind that's hundreds of feet away.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_032611_223644.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_091211_011259.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/WoW%20junk/WoWScrnShot_091711_214732.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Just a bit of that.

NoiseHERO
Oct 4, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hunting giant fish? Of cour-My god this is my 2000th post...

I've become a monster.

Zarode
Oct 4, 2011, 10:21 PM
I've become a monster.

You've always been a monster.

Honest truth: we ain't getting a test.

Col_Roy_Mustang
Oct 4, 2011, 10:29 PM
Practicing for a Final Fantasy Fight Tournament by this Saturday for a Con and
was disappointed when I realized that it was too late to finish my Ethan cosplay (newman version)

Mag-X
Oct 4, 2011, 10:49 PM
Ico / Shadow of the Colossus HD, Ratchet and Clank All For One, Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Batman, watching anime, visiting my family for Christmas.

Hatemachine
Oct 4, 2011, 11:09 PM
Between my friend suckering me into trying the new Star wars game, Metro Last Light, the Next batman game, hopefully nailing a copy of Xenoblade for the Wii which I will have to hack my Wii to play since Nintendo of America are being total bastards for not forcing Nintendo at gunpoint to release it here in the states despite already BEING translated into English for the UK.

Hmmm besides that I guess my backlog of PS2 games, and the plethora of ROMS from Nes to Genesis can keep me entertained.

SirChazz23
Oct 5, 2011, 12:38 AM
updating my comp to be prepared for full release even if i dont get picked for testing

youcantcatchtheblue
Oct 5, 2011, 12:49 AM
Kingdom Hearts 1 LOL

Mitz
Oct 5, 2011, 12:52 AM
Farming Ragnaros Heroic. Getting world firsts if I decide to play SWTOR. You know, the usual.

Valkyrie Lovrina
Oct 5, 2011, 01:11 AM
by completing the games I still haven't completed.
Xenosaga 2
Final Fantasy X
Phantasy Star 1, 2, 3 and 4
Trinity Universe
Phantasy Star Universe(Aoti) *disc can't play Rescuing Hyuga :-x*
Borderlands
Pokemon White
Buy Xenosaga 3 and complete it

and other stuff to hold me over...
Update Computer for PSO2
Play Team Fortress
Play PSO and PSU

I'm pretty much set. there won't be a US test anyway. only official release.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Oct 5, 2011, 01:26 AM
Play Ys' Seven
Get PSP2i
Get New ASUS G74SX-XT1
Play PSO
Play Rumble Fighter, Dungeon Fighter, and Zone4
Do lots of other stuff.

Angelo
Oct 5, 2011, 02:19 AM
We don't even know if there will be a US release...

Ce'Nedra
Oct 5, 2011, 04:17 AM
1: Xenoblade Chronicles (Game of the fucking year and a must have for everyone who (still) owns a Wii)
2: Monster Hunter Tri
3: Tactis Ogre
4: If they will ever release Monster Hunter Portable 3rd HD on the PS3 over here then that as well.

sugarFO
Oct 5, 2011, 06:39 AM
Playing PSU ^^

Canard de Bain
Oct 5, 2011, 08:50 AM
lmao at all the console kiddies we have here.

Ce'Nedra
Oct 5, 2011, 09:43 AM
^Never was and never will be a PC gamer. PSO2 will be the first game after Diablo 2 i will play on the PC in fact lol.

Could say the same about pc kiddies :) It's a matter of preferences.

moorebounce
Oct 5, 2011, 10:27 AM
Batman Arkham City and PSOBB will help me pass the time.

FOkyasuta
Oct 5, 2011, 10:36 AM
Nexon's Mabinogi.

And if beta testing does get over here, I guess I'll just let my brother mess around with that since i could careless about this game honest to god. And oh!

Gears 3.
IF my brother gets that for his B-Day that is. Hooray horde.

Zorafim
Oct 5, 2011, 10:43 AM
Phantasy Star 1, 2, 3 and 4

Good luck! The first three are a pa~in. The fourth is a nice challenge though.
As a tip, it's entirely possible to go through the fourth game without grinding, and still have enough money for all the equipment you need. If you need a ton of cash, look around for a dungeon, or see if there are any new hunter missions.

What's this? A gamer who owns a console? How utterly absurd! What delicious madness is this?

yoshiblue
Oct 5, 2011, 11:01 AM
Making Maps on Reach
Making plot ideas, characters, maps, planets, and other story to video game ideas. Burning them sketch books like no tomorrow.

chaos-shadow
Oct 5, 2011, 12:09 PM
.hack//Quarantine. ; v ;

Gosh darnit, I've been on these game sets forever. I''m at a good 170 hours just starting up Quarantine. XD;;

Reksanden
Oct 5, 2011, 12:17 PM
Minecraft. Mabi. Some Terraria thrown in. FFXI and VII.

BIG OLAF
Oct 5, 2011, 12:22 PM

I can tell he's not even trying anymore.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 5, 2011, 12:35 PM
We don't even know if there will be a US release...

[spoiler-box]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/4/19/128846754498434502.jpg[/spoiler-box]

On topic, I have a ton of indie games to keep me occupied; Meinkraft, Dead Pixels ect, with a bit of Borderlands Crawmerax farming on the side.

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2011, 01:23 PM
I am the all powerful omni gamer.

RemiusTA
Oct 5, 2011, 01:24 PM
What, has Console vs. PC become the new Microsoft vs Sony vs Nintendo?

Man, can these fanboys stop littering up the internet with this shit? Play your videogames and shut up, if you're mad that nobody is playing what you are, maybe you should buy a console/pc/xbox/playstation/wii and stop bawwwing about it all day.

I dont know if PC is better than Console or vice versa, but i sure as hell know that playing on both is better than staying on one.

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2011, 01:32 PM
Console vs Pc was always there. There were people who like to pose with their things of choice.
Of course these people are daft. Play proper games on whatever you want.
But the omni gamer has both and plays what's best suited to either platform

yoshiblue
Oct 5, 2011, 01:34 PM
So what are the doods who just play games regardless of system?

Zorafim
Oct 5, 2011, 01:35 PM

Man, can these fanboys stop littering up the internet with this shit? Play your videogames and shut up, if you're mad that nobody is playing what you are, maybe you should buy a console/pc/xbox/playstation/wii and stop bawwwing about it all day.

I dont know if PC is better than Console or vice versa, but i sure as hell know that playing on both is better than staying on one.

If you spend more effort replying than the troll does to post, you've already lost.
Though, if you get more enjoyment out of posting than he does from trolling, I suppose you've won.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 5, 2011, 03:00 PM

Oh, I dunno......intelligent?

kyuuketsuki
Oct 5, 2011, 03:24 PM
FFXI and VII.Protip: if you have a computer (which I assume you do seeing as you're posting here) and want to do a replay of FFVII, get the PC version (easy to find) and google to find the mod scene for it. There's some crazy stuff for it, but the main thing is there's a DirectX wrapper (or some such) that you have to have for any of that modding stuff. Just that by itself is awesome: it enables anti-aliasing and texture filtering, greatly cleaning up the graphics. It's pretty cool playing it that way, plus you get the superior PC localization (not that the "So that's how fooled them..." and such wasn't a nice bit of WTFness) and there's also a mod to not have to deal with the messed up MIDI music.

Just throwing that out there.

landman
Oct 5, 2011, 03:31 PM
The old Republic, Spikeout meets Madworld (Anarchy Reigns), Forza 4, Zelda, Morrowind (again), Skyrim, Zombie Yakuza, Mass Effect 3, Binary Domain, Halo 4... I don't expect to be able to play pso2 before those.

Macman
Oct 5, 2011, 04:33 PM
Playing PSOBB.

Noblewine
Oct 5, 2011, 05:06 PM
I'm going to hunt and work on completing story mode (bad ending) on psp2
I have some other games that I've been neglecting too so I might play.

SELENNA
Oct 5, 2011, 05:49 PM
There are so many games, I'm actually glad PSO2 didn't release this year in Japan. I mean Skyrim, Dark Soul, Battlefield 3, Batman Arkham City, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, GOW3, Skyward Sword, it's just crazy...

Kirin^^
Oct 5, 2011, 06:52 PM
Do you guys do anything else except for playing video games? Just wondering lol

Angelo
Oct 5, 2011, 07:13 PM

Yeah, I was kind of noticing that the thread went in that direction...

Beneath the smoke and mirrors it's actually all about West vs. East right now. It's very trendy to hate on anything Japanese as of late, and it's very thinly veiled in the majority of gaming communities. You can tell it's not about 'Console vs. PC' because even when a Korean PC game breaks the mold and makes a very beautiful and innovative game it gets the same hate from the same crowd.

Not to say that there isn't a Console vs. PC debate there, it's just not anything new and isn't quite as heated. It just happens to be something that got dragged into the limelight because most of the big name PC devs are Western and most of the big name Console devs are Japanese.

Zorafim
Oct 5, 2011, 08:16 PM

The time spent playing PSO2 in the future will fill up time spent playing games now, as we can't trade time spent with family, working, or studying to play games. Thus, the topic will obviously be filled with things we can trade for a game. Namely, playing other games, or perhaps hobbies (though I would never trade any of my hobby time for game time. They give me a different kind of high that just can't be traded for).

With posts like these, I'm starting to wonder if you think things through before you comment.

str898mustang
Oct 5, 2011, 08:28 PM
Play JP PSU <3

Kirin^^
Oct 5, 2011, 08:38 PM
"What will you do to pass the time until..."

That was the question. It can be answered with any number of activities, yet people are posting nothing but video games, thus leading to my question. Got it? Perhaps it wouldn't hurt for you to think your posts through a bit more ^^

yoshiblue
Oct 5, 2011, 08:42 PM
Pso people spent time hunting rares in PS games. People spend time playing games. I joinned the many people who wish to become a programmer/designer of video games. I spend most of my free time around things involving video game. Yaaaaaaay!

Older Brother
Oct 5, 2011, 08:42 PM
Riding my chocobo into the ground now they've released them in FFXIV. :D

RemiusTA
Oct 5, 2011, 08:43 PM
Protip: if you have a computer (which I assume you do seeing as you're posting here) and want to do a replay of FFVII, get the PC version (easy to find) and google to find the mod scene for it. There's some crazy stuff for it, but the main thing is there's a DirectX wrapper (or some such) that you have to have for any of that modding stuff. Just that by itself is awesome: it enables anti-aliasing and texture filtering, greatly cleaning up the graphics. It's pretty cool playing it that way, plus you get the superior PC localization (not that the "So that's how fooled them..." and such wasn't a nice bit of WTFness) and there's also a mod to not have to deal with the messed up MIDI music.

Just throwing that out there.

I can't stomach playing FF7 on anything other than a Playstation. It's like hacking up a masterpiece! Playing it in a better resolution only makes it look worse to me. There's no reason to "clean up" the graphics, if you remember when it came out it was one of the best looking games on the planet. Trying to doctor that doesn't do anything but make it look like something it's not (worse.)

Which is why I enjoy original releases over HD remakes anyday. I dont want to see you butcher up the story by adding in new stuff in the script (unless it was the original team and writers of course), and i sure as hell don't want any antialiasing on my pretty/ugly 1997 pre-rendered BGs. It just ruins the magic. And don't even get me started on that ugly MIDI music (although im sure you can alter it).

And the localization in FF7 had a few errors, but there was seriously nothing wrong with it. Even with the terrible errors included ("Beacause your a puppet"), it still has like, one of the best scripts of any RPG ive played. Of course, fixing it up wouldn't hurt in the slightest.

HAHA, check this guy out

Riding my chocobo into the ground now they've released them in FFXIV. :grin:

After playing FFXII, and then FFXIII, FFXIV looks like shit to me. It still has a slow, point-click, grindy battle engine, even though FFXII came out with a battle system which basically took instanced Turn-based battle and made them real-time. (there was no difference, if you ever really played the game.)

If FFXIV was Final Fantasy XII with better graphics, it'd be a wonderful game. But all that overcomplicated crafty shit, and stupid, slow, korean MMO-styled grindy crap...i just can't bring myself to buy the game.

sugarFO
Oct 5, 2011, 08:51 PM

That was the question. It can be answered with any number of activities, yet people are posting nothing but video games, thus leading to my question. Got it? Perhaps it wouldn't hurt for you to think your posts through a bit more ^^

I think the question meant how will you pass your gaming time. :-?

RemiusTA
Oct 5, 2011, 08:55 PM
That was the question. It can be answered with any number of activities, yet people are posting nothing but video games, thus leading to my question. Got it? Perhaps it wouldn't hurt for you to think your posts through a bit more ^^Uh, no, perhaps it would be common sense to expect nothing but videogame talk on a forum specifically dedicated to videogames.

Why would i spell out my life schedule from now until PSO2's release? You want to hear about my trips to the grocery store?

Edit: Oh. You're that troll from the offline topic. Nevermind, carry on!

yoshiblue
Oct 5, 2011, 08:57 PM
I love grocery drama

NoiseHERO
Oct 5, 2011, 09:18 PM
I actually rarely play videogames...

I just really want this damn PSO2...

And I get drawn into forum spamming easily when I procrastinate my productive activities...

ShinMaruku
Oct 5, 2011, 10:07 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdWkKKSckNk&feature=player_embedded

Skye-Fox713
Oct 6, 2011, 12:10 AM
Eh try to find a job, play some Space Marine, do some raiding on wow.

wait for the announcement for PSO2 to come out in the US/EU then wait for PSO2 to be released in the US.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 6, 2011, 12:12 AM
I can't stomach playing FF7 on anything other than a Playstation. It's like hacking up a masterpiece! Playing it in a better resolution only makes it look worse to me. There's no reason to "clean up" the graphics, if you remember when it came out it was one of the best looking games on the planet. Trying to doctor that doesn't do anything but make it look like something it's not (worse.)
I don't use anything that "doctors" or "hacks it up". It just takes away the ugliness and reveals a pretty astoundingly pretty game (considering how old it is). I dunno... I just don't get the sort of nostalgia that makes something that was not inherent to what made the game awesome (horrible aliasing, etc.) something that cannot be taken away or it tarnishes it somehow.

Which is why I enjoy original releases over HD remakes anyday. I dont want to see you butcher up the story by adding in new stuff in the script (unless it was the original team and writers of course)[...]
I'm actually a huge supporter of the idea of an "HD" remake of FF7... as long as nothing is changed/added that wasn't originally intended by the original team but was cut for whatever reason. 'Course, you know some jackass somewhere in the chain would want to change something here and something there and screw it up, so... probably best it's left alone.
[...] and i sure as hell don't want any antialiasing on my pretty/ugly 1997 pre-rendered BGs.
AA and other things don't affect the pre-rendered BGs because... they're pre-rendered. >.>
And don't even get me started on that ugly MIDI music (although im sure you can alter it).
Yeah, without the original midi instruments the music is ruined, but they have a mod to use recordings of the original music instead to fix that, which is the only other thing I use.
And the localization in FF7 had a few errors, but there was seriously nothing wrong with it. Even with the terrible errors included ("Beacause your a puppet"), it still has like, one of the best scripts of any RPG ive played. Of course, fixing it up wouldn't hurt in the slightest.
Which is all that was done, the actual script wasn't changed.

Macman
Oct 6, 2011, 12:15 AM
I don't use anything that "doctors" or "hacks it up". It just takes away the ugliness and reveals a pretty astoundingly pretty game (considering how old it is). I dunno... I just don't get the sort of nostalgia that makes something that was not inherent to what made the game awesome (horrible aliasing, etc.) something that cannot be taken away or it tarnishes it somehow.The same type of people that use that weirdass SNES emulator that makes it look like you're playing it on a 1980s television set. When you try to imitate nostalgia that hard, it starts to edge to the point of a mental problem.

What's next, an NES emulator that randomly starts up with a blinking screen?

yoshiblue
Oct 6, 2011, 12:45 AM
That sounds cool. As long as you can turn it off though.

Cool vid Shin. Thanks!

Zorafim
Oct 6, 2011, 01:01 AM
I love grocery drama

Dude, this one time, I saw this bitch get SEVEN sandwiches! Bitches love sandwiches.

I'm working on an emulator that requires you blow into the CD drive every time you start up a rom.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 09:10 AM
What US test? I highly doubt there will be one. But I am hoping to get in on the second Alpha test, since I signed up and got a Sega of Japan Sega Pass ID I hopefully will get to play it.

Until then I'm playing PSOBB, Secret of Mana, working on artwork, and other things.

ShinMaruku
Oct 6, 2011, 11:13 AM
If you doubt there will be a US test then best forget about the game because you will be rewarding bad behavior. (Gamers always do this and when they get outraged I am always amused.)

tkdyo
Oct 6, 2011, 11:42 AM
Starcraft2, lord of the rings online....maybe also beating dragon age (yes, the first one!) and FF13 lol

RemiusTA
Oct 6, 2011, 12:10 PM
The same type of people that use that weirdass SNES emulator that makes it look like you're playing it on a 1980s television set. When you try to imitate nostalgia that hard, it starts to edge to the point of a mental problem.

Haha, are you serious?

Nothing in that paragraph made any sense. Not wanting to mod a game and wanting to imitate 1980s hardware errors are in no way related. You're trying too hard, bro.

AA and other things don't affect the pre-rendered BGs because... they're pre-rendered. >.>

Well...yeah lol. I was thinking about other games when i said that though lol

landman
Oct 6, 2011, 02:24 PM
I really hope there is not "US test", but a "global test" in the same server *wink*

Macman
Oct 6, 2011, 02:26 PM
Not wanting to mod a game and wanting to imitate 1980s hardware errors are in no way related. You're trying too hard, bro.Who said anything about modding? We were talking about how upscaling the already existing graphics was problematic. It's not. Did you play PSOBB in 640x480 because that's what it was on all previous versions?

Miyoko
Oct 6, 2011, 05:03 PM
Getting back into City of Heroes lately, as it's gone free to play.

Each new character I've made thus far looks like a dominatrix though, and I'm not sure why... ...

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 05:05 PM
When has any Japanese PC game ever had a US test? Did PSU PC version have a US test? Even after PSU was annouced to be localized and released in US. I'm pretty sure it didn't. Doubting something that's highly unlikely is not "awarding bad behavior".

No, I'm not going to "forget about the game" if there's not a "US test".

I like all the details that have come out so far about the game, the only thing that would really disappoint me is if Mags are not in the game, of if they are in the game are called "Partner Machines" and don't travel/float along with with one's character and don't evovle into many different forms by feeding them differ items and spare gear ala PSO and PS Zero...

Macman
Oct 6, 2011, 05:29 PM
PSOBB had a US beta test. That's why people are hoping so much.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 05:45 PM
I think people should be more proactive and leave comments translated into Japanese (using google translate) on the official PSO 2 Facebook page and official site asking for just a US and Europe i.e. world-wide release of the game. It'd be better to do that, than hoping for a US beta test IMO.

Something like this:

世界にPSO2をご持参ください。

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2011, 05:50 PM
Now that I think about it a tad, I suppose it doesn't really matter to me either way, even if I did have a good computer to play it on, since I'll be importing the JP version regardless of whether or not the game gets international releases. Unless the servers are global, of course.

RemiusTA
Oct 6, 2011, 06:09 PM
Who said anything about modding? We were talking about how upscaling the already existing graphics was problematic. It's not. Did you play PSOBB in 640x480 because that's what it was on all previous versions?

Nobody said it was problemat-

....just stop. Final Fantasy 7/8PC are not in the same boat as PSO DC > GC/Xbox > BB, and im seriously not about to list reasons why. That, and for a good majority of my time on PSOBB, yes, i actually DID prefer the Gamecube version, because it looked better. PSOBB never had the distortion effects on the water / techniques that PSOGC incorporated. Episode II looked significantly worse on PSOBB to me, no matter what resolution I played on.

But yeah, you dont need to try to battle whatever beef you have with nostalgic opinions with me, mkay? Even If i did want an NES emulator that gave me a random blinking gray screen for nostalgic purposes, i really don't see why you should give a fuck in the first place.

Especially since we were talking about modding and i was never talking to you in the first place. =_=;

I don't use anything that "doctors" or "hacks it up". It just takes away the ugliness and reveals a pretty astoundingly pretty game (considering how old it is). I dunno... I just don't get the sort of nostalgia that makes something that was not inherent to what made the game awesome (horrible aliasing, etc.) something that cannot be taken away or it tarnishes it somehow.Well personally, it just doesn't do anything for me. It really has little to do with nostalgia.

Here. Look at it in terms of, i want to play the original, not the "updated" version. I personally just think there's more to gain from that specific game when playing it in its original form, how it was released. The same way nobody wants to go into an art museum to see an updated Mona Lisa painting, or a remastered statue from King Tut's museum.

On that note, if Square Enix were to straight up recreate the game from scratch, that would be a completely different story. Now, we aren't talking about Final Fantasy 7, were talking about Final Fantasy 7 for the PS3 in 2011. Although im still pretty much against them recreating FF7 because im almost 100% positive they'd screw stuff up by adding in as much fanservice shit as possible.

Or, that Sonic Generations game, which is recreating stages from previous games. Nobody EXPECTS the levels to be 100% true to their original form, they're just happy to see them in 3D. Or Cavestory Wii. It released with updated graphics and a new soundtrack...but seriously, i don't even see the point. The updated soundtrack was fucking GARBAGE, and the graphics were never bad to begin with -- they were just lower resolution. Or Ocarina of Time 3D. Sure, it's a neat thing to see, but the game is just far more impressive to me in its original N64 state. Sure it looks tons better on 3DS than on N64, but at the same time it doesn't really gain anything because the updated graphics have nowhere close to the impact on this generation than the N64 version did on its own.

It's a preference thing. Although most of this is lost on the fact that none of it matters after you beat the game, so even I would do some modding after a while. I just would never, ever recommend it to someone who's never played the game before.

ShinMaruku
Oct 6, 2011, 07:40 PM
When has any Japanese PC game ever had a US test? Did PSU PC version have a US test? Even after PSU was annouced to be localized and released in US. I'm pretty sure it didn't. Doubting something that's highly unlikely is not "awarding bad behavior".

No, I'm not going to "forget about the game" if there's not a "US test".

I like all the details that have come out so far about the game, the only thing that would really disappoint me is if Mags are not in the game, of if they are in the game are called "Partner Machines" and don't travel/float along with with one's character and don't evovle into many different forms by feeding them differ items and spare gear ala PSO and PS Zero...
You should forget it if there is none it is then obvious that they care not for all the feedback they can get.
Supporting PSO2 when they disdain the west for the memories of pso is like a poor black man supporting Republicans. XD

Macman
Oct 6, 2011, 07:50 PM
Nobody said it was problemat-

....just stop. Final Fantasy 7/8PC-Stopped right there. Shitty MIDI music, eugh.

lostinseganet
Oct 6, 2011, 07:53 PM
The wait for halo 2 was agonizing, and Valve time is a killer. Yet pso 2 Is giving more info than both combined.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 08:05 PM
So many negative, speculative assumptions. I'm importing PSO 2 anyways. Keep wishing for a US beta test, cause it's probably not going to happen.

Lack of a US beta test doesn't mean "they don't care about the west", neither does it mean I or anyone should "forget about" the game.
Your claiming things with little objective evidence to support such a claim.

RemiusTA
Oct 6, 2011, 08:22 PM
Stopped right there. Shitty MIDI music, eugh.

....??????????

ShinMaruku
Oct 6, 2011, 08:34 PM
I will try to find the troll hut with the troll triumvirate.
Harada,Ono and Kojima.

Angelo
Oct 6, 2011, 08:40 PM
....??????????

The PC versions of FF7 and 8 came with this Yamaha midi driver you had to install iirc.

It sounded pretty awful compared to what was available on the PSX. I remember being particularly disappointed in the FF7 PC rendition of One Winged Angel.

Still, all the readily available game trainers for the PC version were awesome. Having Aeris in your party on Disc 3 without the game crashing? Yes, please.

NoiseHERO
Oct 6, 2011, 08:41 PM
Trolls live in bridges and pornsite cookies that thing won't even help you find a level one goblin-

Kent
Oct 6, 2011, 08:41 PM
Between Radiant Silvergun, Gears of War 3, Dark Souls, Resident Evil 4 HD, Guardian Heroes HD next week, and Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (specifically Peace Walker) and Anarchy Reigns coming up...

...Yeah, I think I'm set for games for quite a while, considering how time-consuming some of them can be (specifically Dark Souls).

RemiusTA
Oct 6, 2011, 08:52 PM
The PC versions of FF7 and 8 came with this Yamaha midi driver you had to install iirc.

It sounded pretty awful compared to what was available on the PSX. I remember being particularly disappointed in the FF7 PC rendition of One Winged Angel.

Still, all the readily available game trainers for the PC version were awesome. Having Aeris in your party on Disc 3 without the game crashing? Yes, please.

I was more confused about him basically agreeing with me on the original subject, but the argument was on something tottaalllyy different.

I will try to find the troll hut with the troll triumvirate.
Harada,Ono and Kojima.

go ahead and add infaune to that list too.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 09:12 PM
How the heck are those people "trolls"? Please, briefly explain this.

ShinMaruku
Oct 6, 2011, 10:30 PM
You have never seen the troll triumvirate in action have you? Look at their twitters and their appearances on streams. They are troll gods.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 10:41 PM
I dont follow twitter feeds. It's a waste of time. Even more so than Facebook. I use FB to keep up with news updates on movie or tv shows i like and sometime interact with a few friends, but I have no interest in following twitter feeds or using twitter just to tell people I just sneezed or just made toast or whatever.

NoiseHERO
Oct 6, 2011, 10:49 PM
Oh my god, he hates everything he doesn't like soooooooo Ringo Williams!

ShadowDragon28
Oct 6, 2011, 10:57 PM
I don't really hate things I don't like, hate is a waste of energy. I just have no interest in or any use for Twitter.

For example, I may not like clothes in bright colors but I don't hate them. If I say I hate something I'll specifically say "I hate such and such"...

yoshiblue
Oct 6, 2011, 11:47 PM
When did it become a bag on Shadow feast? Then you people wonder why Zy is the way the dood is.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 7, 2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah. I think I may refrain from posting anything here from now on. Don't even know why I even spent any time here responding to posts.

NoiseHERO
Oct 7, 2011, 01:41 PM
When did it become a bag on Shadow feast? Then you people wonder why Zy is the way the dood is.

IT JUST

IT WAS JUST-

DON'T LOOK AT ME THAT WAY.

And don't give that other guy pity, he was evil from the start!

Zorafim
Oct 7, 2011, 01:49 PM
Yeah. I think I may refrain from posting anything here from now on. Don't even know why I even spent any time here responding to posts.

This is the third time you say that. Stop lying to yourself, you know you love it here.

If you want more positive replies, try acting a bit more positive. Your posts are always so gloomy, it's easy to bag on that. Especially if you walk into an area rift with insults and defensiveness.
I like that phrase. Bagging... I'm bagging on you~

kyuuketsuki
Oct 7, 2011, 01:55 PM
Here. Look at it in terms of, i want to play the original, not the "updated" version. I personally just think there's more to gain from that specific game when playing it in its original form, how it was released. The same way nobody wants to go into an art museum to see an updated Mona Lisa painting, or a remastered statue from King Tut's museum.Fair enough, although if the Mona Lisa (not that I ever understood what was so captivating about that painting... most overrated piece of art ever, and I think da Vinci himself would agree with me) was suffering from some defect that made all the lines jaggy and the painting itself a little blurry, and those were obviously not intentional effects, and they could remove them, I would be all for it.

On that note, if Square Enix were to straight up recreate the game from scratch, that would be a completely different story. Now, we aren't talking about Final Fantasy 7, were talking about Final Fantasy 7 for the PS3 in 2011. Although im still pretty much against them recreating FF7 because im almost 100% positive they'd screw stuff up by adding in as much fanservice shit as possible.
Pretty much in agreement with you there. It's like when that one developer did a remake of Metal Gear Solid... it looked a lot better and played a little nicer, but they added in a bunch of over-the-top cutscene crap that had no purpose. If they'd just left out the over-the-top nonsense it would've been great. Not that over-the-top hasn't come to define the MGS franchise in later installments, but whatever.

Still, I can't help but wish for a FFVII with updated graphics, cutscenes (though the cutscenes stand up fairly well even by today's standards, excepting the awful human models) and soundtrack (as amazing an Uematsu's work with MIDI was, the music is definitely better orchestrated), even knowing they'd screw it up.

Or Ocarina of Time 3D. Sure, it's a neat thing to see, but the game is just far more impressive to me in its original N64 state. Sure it looks tons better on 3DS than on N64, but at the same time it doesn't really gain anything because the updated graphics have nowhere close to the impact on this generation than the N64 version did on its own.
That and Starfox 64 3D are the only things making me want to get a 3DS. While you're right, it won't have the same impact as it did on original release, it wouldn't have the same impact on anyone no matter if they play the original or the 3DS version either way because it's just not that moment in time anymore. I don't think anyone now will lose out on anything by playing the 3DS version rather than the original N64 release. And on that note...

It's a preference thing. Although most of this is lost on the fact that none of it matters after you beat the game, so even I would do some modding after a while. I just would never, ever recommend it to someone who's never played the game before.
... while I agree it's a preference thing, and anyone playing for the first time should not use any mods that actually alter the content, I don't think anyone playing for the first time now would lose anything playing the PC version with cleaned up graphics as opposed to playing it in all it's jaggy, ugly glory on the PS1.

NoiseHERO
Oct 7, 2011, 02:34 PM
This is the third time you say that. Stop lying to yourself, you know you love it here.

If you want more positive replies, try acting a bit more positive. Your posts are always so gloomy, it's easy to bag on that. Especially if you walk into an area rift with insults and defensiveness.
I like that phrase. Bagging... I'm bagging on you~

That's why I say he's like Ringo!

*quits being a douche and simply explains he's the main character of that Halloween comic I made last year that you don't have to read because it came out horrible, because I rushed to make it before halloween.*

Ecchi
Oct 7, 2011, 02:59 PM
I will play with myself to pass the time! Ya knooooow some old classics like xenogears, some classics from the snes and Lily Thai o_O

NoiseHERO
Oct 7, 2011, 03:02 PM
I will play with myself to pass the time! Ya knooooow some old classics like xenogears, some classics from the snes and Lily Thai o_O

LOL, I think I've had enough internet for the afternoon.

RenzokukenZ
Oct 7, 2011, 03:37 PM
Still, I can't help but wish for a FFVII with updated graphics, cutscenes (though the cutscenes stand up fairly well even by today's standards, excepting the awful human models) and soundtrack (as amazing an Uematsu's work with MIDI was, the music is definitely better orchestrated), even knowing they'd screw it up.

Admit it, you just want to see Cloud in the hot tub with 12 thong-wearing buff men inside the Honeybee Inn in HD.

Following the above statement, most of the game's charm and humor wouldn't look right with updated graphics and CGI, such as Tifa's slapdown with Scarlet, Barret randomly shooting at people point blank to no effect, and the aforementioned hot tub gangbang. Wouldn't be as funny otherwise.

"En"
Oct 7, 2011, 03:47 PM
I will play with myself to pass the time!

http://i51.tinypic.com/k9vqqh.jpg

Was... that intentional? I want to believe that was intentional.

Nitro Vordex
Oct 7, 2011, 03:53 PM
What, you think he's so clever he did that on accident?

...No, wait. On purpose...?

...Hm.

On topic: brb Fallout 3 New Vegas and Deus Ex Human Revolution, whenever it goes on sale on steam

RemiusTA
Oct 7, 2011, 04:57 PM

this thread has just reached the critical limit of awesome

Following the above statement, most of the game's charm and humor wouldn't look right with updated graphics and CGI, such as Tifa's slapdown with Scarlet, Barret randomly shooting at people point blank to no effect, and the aforementioned hot tub gangbang. Wouldn't be as funny otherwise. This, 100%.

The models in FF7 were indeed ugly, but i dont know if many people realize that they were proportioned that way on purpose. FF7's world map models alluded to the previous sprite FF games, that consisted 100% of deformed characters outside of official art.

Stuff like the slapdown (that was so epic, even though it made no sense; i was waiting for the option to kick her into the stratosphere), dressing cloud up like a woman (and the hot tub / men trying to rape cloud wondering why he doesn't feel like a woman), barret blasting away at people, people pulling weapons out of void space, ect ect....it just doesn't translate well into the more realistic style of today. FF7 was chocked full of little jokes and stuff like that, but many of the jokes would look completely awkward (or completely dangerous) or just flat-out not funny if done with proportioned models.

I think the only other FF game that got away with it was FF8, seeing as it was the first title to use proportioned models outside of battles. But it 1) didn't have voice acting, and 2) still didn't have the detail that todays models have. There were alot of stupid funny sequences there that probably wouldn't work very well today, thanks to the players looking as close to real humans as they can get them.

annddd finally, FF7 has been the focus of fanservice for a good minute now. I remember the Turks (reno, rude, elena, tseng), for a good moment, had alot to do with Shinra, and as such were not very good people. Reno/Rude/Tseng are constantly shown as comic relief characters, when most people seem to forget they were the ones who set the bomb and dropped the plate on sector 7 towards the beginning of the game. Anddd there was that part right before then when Tseng bitchslapped Aerith....well, towards the end of the game when they realized they'd never beat cloud in a fight, they kind of started to dive into comic relief territory, but not at the level of FF7AC anyway.

And dont even get me started on Sephiroth and Cloud.... The ONLY fanservice ive seen of them that is anywhere close to canon FF7 would be Kingdom Hearts 1 in this fight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFU0P1Mlh4&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s) They constantly make Cloud look like hes somehow vastly inferior to Sephiroth, when towards the end of the game it's pretty obvious they were about equal in strength and skill. This is probably because KH1 was made when Square Enix was still Squaresoft. KH2 rolls around, and cloud is suddenly some crappy guy who literally gets trolled by sephiroth mid-battle. And Sephiroth's overglorification is particularly hilarious seeing as anyone who actually played the game knows that cloud actually killed sephiroth 5 years before the events of the game even took place.

NoiseHERO
Oct 7, 2011, 09:39 PM
Remake ff7 on the 3DS to get away with dumbed down graphi-

*dodges rotten tomatoes*

ShinMaruku
Oct 7, 2011, 09:42 PM
Playing DFO. Come join me guys. level 58 silvermoon sexing up the place.

Enforcer MKV
Oct 7, 2011, 10:37 PM
Remake ff7 on the 3DS to get away with dumbed down graphi-

*dodges rotten tomatoes*

Actually, I kind of like that id-

*Hides behind Ajax to avoid the second salvo.*

Cast Soldier
Oct 8, 2011, 12:12 AM

Lucy Thai..... 0_0

This, 100%.

The models in FF7 were indeed ugly, but i dont know if many people realize that they were proportioned that way on purpose. FF7's world map models alluded to the previous sprite FF games, that consisted 100% of deformed characters outside of official art.

Stuff like the slapdown (that was so epic, even though it made no sense; i was waiting for the option to kick her into the stratosphere), dressing cloud up like a woman (and the hot tub / men trying to rape cloud wondering why he doesn't feel like a woman), barret blasting away at people, people pulling weapons out of void space, ect ect....it just doesn't translate well into the more realistic style of today. FF7 was chocked full of little jokes and stuff like that, but many of the jokes would look completely awkward (or completely dangerous) or just flat-out not funny if done with proportioned models.

I think the only other FF game that got away with it was FF8, seeing as it was the first title to use proportioned models outside of battles. But it 1) didn't have voice acting, and 2) still didn't have the detail that todays models have. There were alot of stupid funny sequences there that probably wouldn't work very well today, thanks to the players looking as close to real humans as they can get them.

annddd finally, FF7 has been the focus of fanservice for a good minute now. I remember the Turks (reno, rude, elena, tseng), for a good moment, had alot to do with Shinra, and as such were not very good people. Reno/Rude/Tseng are constantly shown as comic relief characters, when most people seem to forget they were the ones who set the bomb and dropped the plate on sector 7 towards the beginning of the game. Anddd there was that part right before then when Tseng bitchslapped Aerith....well, towards the end of the game when they realized they'd never beat cloud in a fight, they kind of started to dive into comic relief territory, but not at the level of FF7AC anyway.

And dont even get me started on Sephiroth and Cloud.... The ONLY fanservice ive seen of them that is anywhere close to canon FF7 would be Kingdom Hearts 1 in this fight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVFU0P1Mlh4&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s) They constantly make Cloud look like hes somehow vastly inferior to Sephiroth, when towards the end of the game it's pretty obvious they were about equal in strength and skill. This is probably because KH1 was made when Square Enix was still Squaresoft. KH2 rolls around, and cloud is suddenly some crappy guy who literally gets trolled by sephiroth mid-battle. And Sephiroth's overglorification is particularly hilarious seeing as anyone who actually played the game knows that cloud actually killed sephiroth 5 years before the events of the game even took place.

I missed so many good games. It feels like I wasted my childhood.... :sad:

On topic: I the same thing I do everyday, Pinky. Try to take over the world.

FOkyasuta
Oct 8, 2011, 12:57 AM
Scratch that. Make that I'll play Mabi and deal with Chat Box drama till then.

•Col•
Oct 8, 2011, 01:18 AM
Not that I care about FFVII or whatever... But I vaguely remember reading that Square Enix saying in an interview that Cloud doesn't actually stand a chance against Sephiroth if he was being serious.

I dunno.

Angelo
Oct 8, 2011, 01:50 AM
Not that I care about FFVII or whatever... But I vaguely remember reading that Square Enix saying in an interview that Cloud doesn't actually stand a chance against Sephiroth if he was being serious.

I dunno.

Let's pretend Dissidia is sort of canon.

yoshiblue
Oct 8, 2011, 08:28 AM
Advent Children alone disproves that.

NoiseHERO
Oct 8, 2011, 09:46 AM
Doesn't matter.

Anyone with a keyblade can beat both of them.

blazingsonic
Oct 8, 2011, 10:09 AM
Trying to get something done in PSP:2, More than likely I'll have a Gaming Laptop or Desk top,
I'll have my Knight in White Knight, and more than likely I'll have a US copy of Dragon's Crown on PSV before Sega says "Oh were we suppose to make a US version of PSO2?"

RemiusTA
Oct 8, 2011, 11:03 AM

I dunno.

Cloud said, towards the beginning of FF7, that in terms of swordplay Sephiroth was on another level. This, of course, was before that super long adventure and stuff.

Not to mention, im pretty sure sephiroth was as serious as he was ever going to get at the end of the game when he was about an hour away from achieving his goal before getting raged on by everybody.

•Col•
Oct 8, 2011, 12:47 PM
Advent Children alone disproves that.

I dunno about that. I wouldn't consider that to be the actual Sephiroth, moreso an incarnation of him or whatever. And even then, it wasn't really clear what he wanted then... Revenge? Because he didn't seem all that mad or anything really.

AC Cloud vs Sephiroth fight in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shkqxuFwrxg

Cloud said, towards the beginning of FF7, that in terms of swordplay Sephiroth was on another level. This, of course, was before that super long adventure and stuff.

Not to mention, im pretty sure sephiroth was as serious as he was ever going to get at the end of the game when he was about an hour away from achieving his goal before getting raged on by everybody.

Yeah, but both the times Cloud "beat" Sephiroth... Wasn't he in the middle of a mental breakdown or something like that? To me, if a person wasn't thinking very clearly, I wouldn't consider them to be fighting at their maximum potential.

I dunno. I've never even played FFVII so whatever.

Doesn't matter.

Anyone with a keyblade can beat both of them.

^ Also, this. lulz

RemiusTA
Oct 8, 2011, 01:01 PM
Yeah, but both the times Cloud "beat" Sephiroth... Wasn't he in the middle of a mental breakdown or something like that? To me, if a person wasn't thinking very clearly, I wouldn't consider them to be fighting at their maximum potential.

I dunno. I've never even played FFVII so whatever.[spoiler-box]
Well, the first time he beat him, yeah he blindsided him with that big ass sword. Then sephiroth tried to flee, cloud attacked him again, got skewered, and then threw him into the reactor and killed him. He was thinking clearly though, because he...well, murdered a whole village, and defeated Zack (strongest fighter after sephiroth) before cloud snuck him. therefore, any appearance of Sephiroth during FF7 (outside of the flashback that revealed who cloud really was) was Jenova imitating sephiroth.

Second time, I think he was using the planet's energy (or the rest of Jenova's remains, or something), which is how he achieved the famous "one winged angel" form....which is interesting to note, that's the ONLY form in the game where he has a wing; any other time, he's able to fly/levitate without any kind of help whatsoever. Sephiroth, aside from that one flashback scene where they put him in your party, was never really "cool" to me. He was actually quite freaky and pretty scary.

But no, the final battle of FF7 is a group effort, so technically he got jumped.

And the famous final battle where you get to go ham on sephiroth happend all inside of Cloud's head (and i guess was an indication of cloud removing all influence of the jenova cells from his body....which SHOULD have been the end of Sephiroth, seeing as the rest of Jenova was definitely eradicated by Holy in the final scene.)

Yeah, i just beat the game not even a month ago. Even after 14 years, it's still the best RPG i've ever played. Could go on forever. : /
[/spoiler-box]

•Col•
Oct 8, 2011, 04:07 PM
Sephiroth is actually a pretty cool guy in the first half of FFVII: Crisis Core... But uh... The first time Cloud killed him, I would definitely say he was not thinking clearly. That was very apparent.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRP. MOTHER. DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP *stabbed*

And I dunno why you're putting spoilers stuff around everything. The game is waaaaay past the "spoiler" phase... Or is it? Oh well, regardless of what it may be, I think- SEPHIROTH KILLS AERITH

But yeah. I never liked Cloud OR Sephiroth. And Crisis Core just made me hate Cloud even more.

Angelo
Oct 8, 2011, 04:30 PM
I used to hate Cloud because it was the cool thing to do.

I've warmed up to him a lot lately though. Sephiroth on the other hand; I think he's a great villain, but I certainly don't understand the reason why he has such a following aside from the fact that he's pretty and wears a black coat.

I love FF7, but this is getting really off-topic... how did we even start on FF7?

RenzokukenZ
Oct 8, 2011, 04:55 PM
This isn't off-topic. Theye're doing exactly what the title of this thread suggests.

RemiusTA
Oct 8, 2011, 05:52 PM
I used to hate Cloud because it was the cool thing to do.

I've warmed up to him a lot lately though. Sephiroth on the other hand; I think he's a great villain, but I certainly don't understand the reason why he has such a following aside from the fact that he's pretty and wears a black coat.

I love FF7, but this is getting really off-topic... how did we even start on FF7?

I dont know.

I used to hate Cloud because it was the cool thing to do.i'd attribute most hatred of the game to that, tbh.

And I always say, both the Cloud and Sephiroth that has this recent fan following...are nothing like the ones from the game. Cloud has this ridiculous emo persona about him, when for a good 75% of the game, he was basically a stuck-up, condescending guy. And after he dropped that act and was back to his real persona...he really was barely any different. He just alot less "badass" and "cool", and more regular guy with ridiculous fighting power.

Sephiroth was.....well, he was a great character to me because of how mysterious he was. You didn't see very much of him, but when you did, shit was probably about to get real. He was always making cloud crack and do freaky ass shit (like spaz out, or beat the fuck out of Aerith, or talk to himself or other freaky unorthadox things). Not to mention he was constantly floating, flying, phazing through solid rock, and doing all kinds of really crazy things.

He was just a good vilian. But, i really don't care for all the attention he gets from that game. Rufus Shinra was just as fucked up as Sephiroth was, he just didn't directly murder your girlfriend.

NoiseHERO
Oct 8, 2011, 07:17 PM
I hated cloud before it was cool to hate him, hell I thought he was cool till I actually played the game.

Like remius said, he went from cocky douche where the most interesting thing about him besides being a trend setter was him saying "let's mosey" to being some emo tool that just got done being mind raped by sephiroth. Then by the time of dirge of cerberus and advent children they just said "fuck it let's make him look like Gackt and bring back his motorcycle he never owned" and made him go from dislikeable to hatable.

AND THOSE AREN'T EVEN WORDS!

As for sephiroth... I dunno, I always thought he was funny, He's definitely treated waaaayyyy too special though. But it's safe to say I hate looking at any anime character with long silver hair.

Tetsaru
Oct 8, 2011, 07:21 PM
Well, since we're on the subject of Final Fantasy, I've been busy taking in all the changes the recent patch for FF14 brought in, so I've got plenty to do for now, as far as that's concerned.

That, and I got my personal Grand Company chocobo, and I've been working on getting some new gear and materia since I hit Lv50 Gladiator/Sentinel:

[spoiler-box]
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/47574/module_gallery/original/238020.jpg
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/47574/module_gallery/original/238023.jpg
AWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEEEAH.
[/spoiler-box]

NoiseHERO
Oct 8, 2011, 07:28 PM
Well, since we're on the subject of Final Fantasy, I've been busy taking in all the changes the recent patch for FF14 brought in, so I've got plenty to do for now, as far as that's concerned.

That, and I got my personal Grand Company chocobo, and I've been working on getting some new gear and materia since I hit Lv50 Gladiator/Sentinel:

[spoiler-box]
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/47574/module_gallery/original/238020.jpg
http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/47574/module_gallery/original/238023.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

thadizthe-NERDIEST group of names I've ever seen in one place in a while.

Randomness
Oct 8, 2011, 07:30 PM

[spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

You're so far ahead of me in level :disapprove:

Then again, I didn't play at all from Jan-June or so because I'd missed the tiny sentence in the letter in December about it being free indefinitely.

My highest classes are 24 LNC and 23 PUG.

My only gripe about the new patch is that I can't go solo something 10 levels above me anymore. No more Second Wind+Bloodbath+Cure=invincible.

RemiusTA
Oct 8, 2011, 07:31 PM
FFXI and FFXIV...i just dont get it.

Why the FUCK would they waste time on those shitty ass games? Final Fantasy XII was like, the absolute PERFECT formula for a Final Fantasy MMO if they were ever going to have one. It had tons upon tons of shit to do, the cities were beautiful, and the battle system was intricate, smooth, had a wonderful balance between stats, armor and weapon types (they were all connected), and you were able to use any party member you wanted.

And then FFXIV comes along, and goes with the usual stupid looking Korean MMO setup with the grinding and clicky shit. You can't even hop terrain like on FFXIII.

I'm never buying that game. It's like the biggest waste of potential and development time from a good company ever. If they just ported FFXII into an MMO engine i'd buy that for $30 more than that horrible collage of slow, grindy gameplay systems they're trying to call Final Fantasy 14.

Randomness
Oct 8, 2011, 07:33 PM
FFXI and FFXIV...i just dont get it.

Why the FUCK would they waste time on those shitty ass games? Final Fantasy XII was like, the absolute PERFECT formula for a Final Fantasy MMO if they were ever going to have one. It had tons upon tons of shit to do, the cities were beautiful, and the battle system was intricate, smooth, had a wonderful balance between stats, armor and weapon types (they were all connected), and you were able to use any party member you wanted.

And then FFXIV comes along, and goes with the usual stupid looking Korean MMO setup with the grinding and clicky shit. You can't even hop terrain like on FFXIII.

I'm never buying that game. It's like the biggest waste of potential and development time from a good company ever. If they just ported FFXII into an MMO engine i'd buy that for $30 more than that horrible collage of slow, grindy gameplay systems they're trying to call Final Fantasy 14.

Terrain hops in XIII are no different from just putting a narrow bridge there >.>

Zorafim
Oct 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
Ahg! I forgot how beautiful FFXIV was! It's a shame WoW spoiled me, or else I might actually give FFXIV a shot. Well, WoW, and bad memories of FFXI are what's stopping me.
Okay, okay, fine. WoW, FFXI, and bad reviews.

Ecchi
Oct 10, 2011, 03:32 PM
If anyone here plays SC2 and would like to help me pass the time hit me up [email protected] Add me! Playing with myself is getting rather lonely ;)

RemiusTA
Oct 10, 2011, 05:50 PM
Terrain hops in XIII are no different from just putting a narrow bridge there >.>

Yes, they were. Because they actually hopped. There is a difference between being able to walk up terrian and being able to jump up/down terrain.

Can you imagine how much more not fun Ocarina of Time would have been if every hop was simply a narrow bridge?

Aside from a beautiful graphics engine, the most fun i ever got out of FFXIII's environments were the areas they let the camera ACTUALLY PAN OUT, where i can watch lightning do her pretty frontflips off large ledges like a pimp.

Then hop back up just to do it again.

....But it really doesn't matter, the difference is obvious; you could do it in FFXIII, and you can't in FFXIV. I personally am NO person to ever complain about something so trivial, but in any MMO setting (especially point click), if you can't jump, then at least script some hopping points so you don't have to do ridiculous maneuvers just to navigate terrian. Not a selling point, but you know, i see no reason to downgrade.

yoshiblue
Oct 10, 2011, 06:49 PM
Cool the first time then was just meh. Was done on a narrow bridge too. Heh

NoiseHERO
Oct 10, 2011, 07:06 PM
I knew 14 was going to be a waste of time when I saw the character running through a pretty field, then my imagination was crushed the second the battle system started...

FLYFF's battle system looked more fun...

Kion
Oct 11, 2011, 10:13 AM
This really sucks. PSO2; delayed until 2012.

That's fine, Metal Gear Solid rising is coming ou-
Kojima: "delayed until 2012"

Okay. I can manage, Resident Evil Operation Racoon City shou-
Capcom: "Delayed until 2012"

Damn it. What the hell am I supposed to do now!!??

yoshiblue
Oct 11, 2011, 01:38 PM
Retro gaming?

Fenn777
Oct 11, 2011, 02:33 PM
To OP: Mario Kart 7. For hours, and hours, and hours.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Oct 11, 2011, 03:32 PM
Just got my new gaming laptop. ASUS G74SX-XT1 is AWESOME.
I already got:
Rumble Fighter
Dragon Nest
Dungeon Fighter Online
Zone 4
Lost Saga (soooooo many quests! DDD: )
And Champions Online. Hoping to add more.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 11, 2011, 04:36 PM
Currently passing the time with:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (loving it)
The Witcher 2 (just beat it but planning another play through or two)

Also rewatching classic Tenchi Muyo with my girlfriend who's never seen it. Forgot how much I love me some Tenchi Muyo.

Zorafim
Oct 12, 2011, 10:47 AM
Also rewatching classic Tenchi Muyo with my girlfriend who's never seen it. Forgot how much I love me some Tenchi Muyo.

Close the thread. We found the winner. Nobody else needs to post now.

RemiusTA
Oct 12, 2011, 12:34 PM
I knew 14 was going to be a waste of time when I saw the character running through a pretty field, then my imagination was crushed the second the battle system started...

FLYFF's battle system looked more fun...

FlyFF is the last MMORPG i ever played. It was chocked full of wasted potential, but for some reason is still more amusing to me than the newest RPGs out.

There was nothing more fun in that game than taking my magician and going on the PK server to hunt noobs and run from everyone as they tried to hunt me down. It was my first true taste of trolling.

And oh, was it sweet.

This really sucks. PSO2; delayed until 2012.

That's fine, Metal Gear Solid rising is coming ou-
Kojima: "delayed until 2012"

Okay. I can manage, Resident Evil Operation Racoon City shou-
Capcom: "Delayed until 2012"

Damn it. What the hell am I supposed to do now!!??

Final Fantasy XIII Versus
Square: "Delayed? We haven't even started on it yet! LAWL"

Final Fantasy XIII-2
Square: "January 2012."
Me: "Yay!"
Square: "Main character is Serah"
Me: "Ya-......"

NoiseHERO
Oct 12, 2011, 05:31 PM
I thought 13-2's hero was leading more in the direction of that Sora looking guy... Niel Kriess or something was it? Or two main characters... Or she's the main character and he does all the work and LOL Snow looks even dumber than he did in 13 and Hope getting taller = fanservice = money.

And yeah... I find it sad that... FlyFF is the only MMO I really enjoyed. I never truly got deep into it, but it's simplicity kept my imagination entertained... compared to it's 234532452345 clones that I wasted and hour each of my teenage life on. Theres really nothing special about that game at all... other than the useful ability to fly.

RemiusTA
Oct 12, 2011, 06:13 PM
Noel Kriess == Noel Christ == Jesus confirmed for FFXIII-2, way to go japan

Snow looks retarded now

Hope got older, but hes ugly as fuck and i wish he was still the short awesomeness from XIII. Not to mention, he still has that RIDICULOUS weapon which doesn't fit him anymore in the slightest now that he magically grew 9 feet. They should have given him a wand or something.

I dont care about Serah or Noel, i'd much rather play with the members of Nora that bitch-ass square enix used to tease us at the beginning of the game into thinking it would be a Real RPG by letting us use them for like 5 minutes before deleting them from the script until the very end of the game.

But noooo, we're stuck with the typical japanese hero boy and Serah the 90 pound wondergirl, and their army of monsters. The WHOLE GAME.

At least in FFX-2, Rikku was able to entertain me the whole game with her voice acting. ("Snake..? Snake?! SNAAAAAKEEEEEE") Now i have to listen to another whiny ass bitch and a savetheworld freak with two swords, throughout my entire TIME TRAVEL STORYLINE.

Ugh...time travel....=_=;;;

•Col•
Oct 12, 2011, 06:54 PM
Snow looks retarded now

^This.

PUT YOUR FREAKING HAT BACK ON, DAMMIT.

NoiseHERO
Oct 12, 2011, 07:00 PM
Noel Kriess == Noel Christ == Jesus confirmed for FFXIII-2, way to go japan

Snow looks retarded now

Hope got older, but hes ugly as fuck and i wish he was still the short awesomeness from XIII. Not to mention, he still has that RIDICULOUS weapon which doesn't fit him anymore in the slightest now that he magically grew 9 feet. They should have given him a wand or something.

I dont care about Serah or Noel, i'd much rather play with the members of Nora that bitch-ass square enix used to tease us at the beginning of the game into thinking it would be a Real RPG by letting us use them for like 5 minutes before deleting them from the script until the very end of the game.

But noooo, we're stuck with the typical japanese hero boy and Serah the 90 pound wondergirl, and their army of monsters. The WHOLE GAME.

At least in FFX-2, Rikku was able to entertain me the whole game with her voice acting. ("Snake..? Snake?! SNAAAAAKEEEEEE") Now i have to listen to another whiny ass bitch and a savetheworld freak with two swords, throughout my entire TIME TRAVEL STORYLINE.

Ugh...time travel....=_=;;;

I'm hating the characters(ALL of them so far including snow's hero brigade) and story enough as it is in the first game... But now I would have to play as power puff girl in TIME?

No that'd be an insult to power puff girls... and someone that time travels... Dr.Who I guess.

But yeah I'm sure I don't want this game anymore... VS13 still looks like something I'd like though, even if I'm not liking the hero so far because he looks like sasuke with cloud's personality (which means he's just sasuke drawn by tetsuya nomura as far as I care.)

Everything from the Kingdom Hearts battle system, to the modern setting that's not trying TOO hard to drive in the "modern fantasy" feel they've been dickriding a little too long. I dunno I just really like the concept of having RPG battles in the city... at night... vs scarey monsters. A concept I've been wanting to use myself minus my laziness to draw comics.

RemiusTA
Oct 12, 2011, 09:28 PM
It's like Nomura personally answered our prayers regarding Noctis. Wikipedia Copypasta:

Noctis's personality is different from other characters in the Final Fantasy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy) franchise and is one that Nomura had wanted to try out for a long time.[29] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-famitsu1001-28) In the past, protagonists were not given strong personalities while distinctive ones were delegated to the supporting cast, but Nomura states that Noctis's idiosyncrasies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiosyncrasies) mark a departure from this tradition.[29] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-famitsu1001-28) Although his character is said to be hard to define given his complexities,[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-FamitsuTGS08-26)[30] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-TGS08famitsu.com-29) a good measure of his personality can be sensed from his first meeting with Stella.[31] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-TGS08IGN.com-30) Noctis hides his shyness underneath a façade of coolness in front of her, which creates a cold and unsociable impression.[31] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-TGS08IGN.com-30) However, he smiles and acts more openly around his friends,[27] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-FamitsuTGS08-26)[30] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-TGS08famitsu.com-29) a testament to Nomura's statement that "[Noctis] is not the least bit a silent, gloomy little boy."[29] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_Versus_XIII#cite_note-famitsu1001-28)so no, he wont be sasuke, becuase Noctis gets shy around females, whereas Sasuke has them get naked for him and he starts talking about orochimaru and shit because hes a fag

•Col•
Oct 12, 2011, 10:17 PM
Everytime I read that statement, just makes me think of Noctis as one of those 13-14 year old boys on an MMO.

NoiseHERO
Oct 12, 2011, 10:28 PM
I always thought snow looked retarded...

And we'll see how Noctis turns out... Especially if Nomura's writing the story and I still think the deepest character he's ever written in the past 10 years is a nobody... e_e

RemiusTA
Oct 13, 2011, 11:38 AM
well i'd say the deepest lead male from an FF game ive ever played was Squall, which is funny because it's probably my least favorite FF game. Junction system drove me CRAZY. Not to say i didnt love it though.

Everyone hated Tidus, but i personally loved that game and its story, and it probably had the best cast out of any RPG ive played.

Kion
Oct 13, 2011, 12:24 PM
FFX probably had one of the best endings of the FF games. The characters were just flat and boring.

RemiusTA
Oct 13, 2011, 12:25 PM
Personal opinion. I personally liked all of them.

NoiseHERO
Oct 13, 2011, 05:12 PM
I thought the characters were alright, mostly Wakka, because Wakka is Wakka.

I'd still say my favorite hero was Zidane. A theif for a lead, and his antics were entertaining. And he was the only reason I thought double sabers were cool (Until PSU made me hate them.)

I just didn't like his... weird looking anatomy... Or his 90's butthair...

RemiusTA
Oct 13, 2011, 07:23 PM
Zidane was great because he was...well, great. I actually was very annoyed at the lack of daggers for him to use after like the first disc though, since his animations for them were way cooler looking imo.

Can't forget Garnet and dat ass. I wonder how long it took them to model that right. She was adorable. And i liked Vivi's attitude changes.

Beatrix was awesome, had an awesome themesong, and pwned your party like 3 times in a row. I think she's like one of few instances i can think of where a character is literally too powerful for your party to ever defeat. Even when you're forced to defeat her (and not have her kill you), you still lose.

Gotta miss the old greatness moments that Final Fantasy pulled by allowing a Godmode character to actually join your party for a while. Sephiroth in FFVII, Edea in FF8 (that caught me by surprise, it was so great), Beatrix in FF9, Seymore in FFX. And i guess Larsa and his Dual-Wielding /Vossler with his awesome buster sword counts in FFXII, but not really. Reddas was a pimp though.

I didn't want ANYONE to join my party in XIII. I just wanted to stagger + launch + destroy that bitch with the long hair and the glasses. But that game wasn't an RPG, so i never got my chance to kill the whore.

chaos-shadow
Oct 14, 2011, 10:16 AM
Oh man, I didn't even recognize Snow. He went from friendly hobo to Malibu Ken wannabe.
And while I didn't mind Serah in FFXIII, having her as a main character is just so... her character is a lot more generic feeling compared to Lightning.
Don't get me started on Noel and his fugly outfit. WTF are those pants? Why does he look so GENERIC.
But Hope... mmm... I don't mind his growth. Maybe he actually turned into a man? o_o (Totally best Ravager of the game. )

RemiusTA
Oct 14, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hope was awesome. I don't like that hes still fighting with that toy, though.

Serah....the only reason she's the main character is because she's short and adorable. They already took the oppertunity to get all the females naked in FFXIII, but i guess it just wasn't enough. (which is even MORE hilarious, seeing as every female who turned crystal in XIII ended up losing their clothing, but not the one male who did.)

Noel just...doesn't appeal to me. He looks as generic as he could possibly be, and his name is retarded. They seriously tried too hard. His name is fucking Christmas Jesus.

Im expecting every anime trope in the book to end up in this game. Hopefully it'll be fun, and hopefully before the game is over i'll actually end up caring about Serah or Noel.

The only reason im going to give Serah a chance as the main character is because I said the same thing about Emilia in PSP2 (short + pink+ skirt + uppity = mercenary? yeah ok) , but she was probably the best character to come out of PSU's timeline. I ended up liking pretty much everything about her (except her terrible cliche, out-of-character CG sequences and her TERRIBLE voice actor).

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2011, 08:57 PM
The only reason im going to give Serah a chance as the main character is because I said the same thing about Emilia in PSP2 (short + pink+ skirt + uppity = mercenary? yeah ok) , but she was probably the best character to come out of PSU's timeline. I ended up liking pretty much everything about her (except her terrible cliche, out-of-character CG sequences and her TERRIBLE voice actor).

This, Emilia made me experience moe, even though I was unwilling.

Jonth
Oct 14, 2011, 10:11 PM
My favorite game of all time is Final Fantasy 6. I have been hoping for a proper remake, like they did with 3 and 4, for years. Yeah, I know it was before the 3D gaming era, but if you look beyond the graphics (which are still really good for the 2D era), I consider it one of the best games of all times.

Not too big a fan of 7 though. It was alright the first play through (not that I played it anymore than that), but it didn't really have that great of a story looking back on it. Main character was all emo and moody (just doesn't appeal to me), the story seemed forced and it felt like the writers tried too hard which caused a similar feel as the Matrix (again, was good in it's day, but now it feels cheap.. to me at least), and the last battle with Sephiroth just made me lose all respect I had for him (if I played it now, I wouldn't have respect for him anyway due to him also being emo and moody) after he uses that stupid Supernova move... It can destroy half the solar system (which is an absurd thing to allow because it would cause too many long term negative environmental effects that would in and of itself be as big a threat as Meteor), but it is laughably weak against my party...

NoiseHERO
Oct 14, 2011, 10:29 PM
I think I had my own personal ending for FF7...

Basically spamming random attacks on sephiroths face till he used that supernova, then never putting that disc back into my mini PS1 ever again.

Everyones dead! HAPPY ENDING-WAIT!

MY PRECIOUS YUFFIE MOE ;o;

RemiusTA
Oct 14, 2011, 11:24 PM
my eyes turn into question marks everytime someone calls cloud emo from FF7

then i wonder if they ever played the game before

The only character in any 3D Final Fantasy title that could be anywhere CLOSE to "emo" would be Squall from FF8. I seriously think the writers of the game purposefully molded you into hating him, because i definitely did until he stopped being such an asshole.

CLOUD wasn't emo in the slightest. He was just a variable douchebag. I say variable douchebag ONLY, because you were constantly given choices of being nice or just being a dick. More than anything, he was a showoff, and somewhat of an elitist. He was actually quite the opposite of Emo. The cloud pre-experiment was probably much less of an awesome guy. But personally, i'd say the writers of FF7 did cloud very well. It was a Nobody-To-Hero story, except with a funny twist, because when he got to "Hero" status he was literally living in an elaborate lie, that only Tifa was able to see through.

Sephiroth was just creepy. I never got a "super badass" feeling from Sephiroth, i always simply got a "this mother fucker is insane" feeling. Everytime he showed up, really odd shit started to happen in the game. Odd ass people would show up, creepy music, Cloud would go horror film Ju-on insane and start laughing at himself, he'd levatate through floors and spawn random ass jenova fights for you. Not to mention, on multiple occasions you would actually lose control of Cloud.

I hate modern fanservice versions of the characters. It does their image okay, but it really kind of shits on the writers of the original game.

I dont think anyone has to explain Supernova, it was just an attack. Nobody complains about the absolutely RIDICULOUS shit from Final Fantasy 8, like when Squall literally hits you with a slash attack that is visible from space, or Eden who pretty much destroys the universe.

Jonth
Oct 15, 2011, 08:44 AM
Maybe emo isn't the best word for him, but that bad-boy, angsty persona isn't winning him any points in my book. Yeah, I know he wasn't whiny and what-not, but I tend to group a lot of personality types into the category of "emo" (probably by my mistake, mind you), because it really just means emotional. Yeah, I know he is liked by many, and I'll admit he has a lot of merit from certain perspectives... Just not a fan myself. I have a paladin complex though. He tried to be too tough in my opinion. Give me Cecil, who has a clear breaking away from his bad attitude (and really, his bad attitude is from his guilt) as soon as he relinquishes the darkness and embraces the light. I will admit it has been a LONG time since I played FF7, so really I have only a blurry memory to make my conclusions from.

As far as FF8, I have to say I never really beat it, and remember very little about it. Got through disc one I think. I actually liked the weapon progression and magic linking system, which I know is a sore spot for many, just didn't get a chance to complete it though. I didn't get to see the Universe destroying attack, but I bet I would have had a problem with it. Attacks like that make the game less believable, kind of like how Dragon Ball Z became...

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2011, 10:48 AM
This is why Zidane was my favorite...

He was just like "FUCK THIS, WE GOT THE PRINCESS, CHEESE IT!"

Jonth
Oct 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
Didn't play FF9 at all really, so can't say how I feel about Zidane.

Although, I just thought of a Cloud comparison... Basch from FF12. Not anything alike you say? Darn right they aren't. Because Basch went through heck, and still managed to not come across as a broody teenager that spoiled everybody's day with his bad attitude; or some bad-boy, renegade, elitist (however you want to view Cloud, neither are positive in my eyes). Now that is toughness in my book.

It is kind of like real life really. There are a couple of different directions people usually go after a bad experience. They either look on the positive side of life and get over it and develop a good attitude, or they let it devour them and use it as an excuse for their bad attitude. I prefer to be around the former.

Kion
Oct 15, 2011, 12:58 PM
FF9 was my favorite in general of the PSX generation. The story was really slow and made no sense But they really let Amano go all out with the concept. Really great looking characters and environments. Music was great too.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 15, 2011, 01:38 PM
I think that most people forget that Cloud was really f***ed up mentally, up until the sequence where he falls in the life stream and Tifa helps him find himself. He suffered a nearly mortal injury after the fight with Sephiroth in the Nibelheim reactor, was subsequently taken by Hojo and experimented on for a pretty long period of time and injected with Jenova cells (subsequently giving Sephiroth the ability to manipulate him and even control him physically to a point), and saw his best friend (Zack) killed while escaping. All the while, he had suffered from low self-esteem because of his failure to become a SOLDIER like he set out to do (and his failure to protect Tifa from getting hurt in the reactor).

His whole SOLDIER identity wasn't a lie, per-se, in that he believed it himself. In his "I'm a bad ass SOLDIER" identity, he had an overabundance of self-confidence to the point of conceit as an obvious compensation for his previous lack of it. After the life stream thing, he was a lot less "douchy" (if I remember right) because he was no longer stuck in that made-up identity. But he was always a natural leader (when not wallowing in self-pity).

And what made Cloud great was that he wasn't perfect. Far from it, in fact. He had major issues he had to overcome, and his inability to resist Sephiroth's manipulation had major implications for the story at various points and nearly led to him killing Aerith.

Characters like Cecil are great and all, but not every protagonist in every game needs to be (or should be) the super-tough, white-knight type. Then again, I liked Tidus so maybe my opinion doesn't count (yeah, he was whiny, kind of obnoxious, and had severe daddy-issues... so?).

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2011, 02:19 PM
TL;DR nobody likes Clouds personality regardless of how he got it but that's okay because that stuff was new to the 90's THE UNCOOL PART OF THE 90's THOUGH.

SephirothXer0
Oct 15, 2011, 03:00 PM
I'll be playing Dragonball Kai: Ultimate Butouden on the DS. Probably one of the best fighting games around. Too bad it'll never leave Japan.

Other than that, I've got FFX HD to look forward to, as well as the Metal Gear HD Collection and Warriors Orochi 3 this Christmas.

Besides games, I've got artwork to draw, music to record, weights to lift and friends to hang out with

yoshiblue
Oct 15, 2011, 03:23 PM
How did he get that way because zack didn't act that way.~ Never really played the games~

pikachief
Oct 15, 2011, 04:33 PM
I just started playing Final Fantasy 6 not too long ago because I seeing it at the top of people's best or favorite SNES games. It's really fun and good! :D I hope I can find all 7 dragons before beating it :/ I found 3 so far ^.^ The ice one is kicking mah butt!

Oh, sorry not video games? lemme see what else we all have in common that may or may not strike a conversation....
... I'm looking for a job too? EXCITING D:

Kent
Oct 15, 2011, 05:23 PM
I think most people assume by "passing the time," it's asking what one will do in their spare time while waiting. Video games just happen to be a major pastime in today's world - especially among frequenters of a community specific to an individual game series.

Funny how that works out.

I just started playing Final Fantasy 6 not too long ago because I seeing it at the top of people's best or favorite SNES games.
Anyone whose top SNES game isn't Super Metroid is factually incorrect on an empirical basis.
http://feederleague.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/the_more_you_know2.jpg

NoiseHERO
Oct 15, 2011, 05:49 PM
I could never get into metroid, but if I play any of them, it'd be super metroid.

I remember getting the awesome dashy power... Then my brother deleted all the roms, and I never touched another metroid game again.

Chrono Trigger will always be my number 1 favorite.

yoshiblue
Oct 15, 2011, 07:53 PM
Super Mario World

Jonth
Oct 16, 2011, 12:31 AM
I did like Super Metroid, but it is not on my favorites list. It is a very good game, so I will say it is near the top of my "good-but-not favorite" list.

Favorites would have to be, Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG... Wow... Notice how all of those are from the SNES? Not a single game from any console older than the SNES has made my all time favorite list... I'm a little saddened by that. I mean, I know that games just aren't what they used to be, but compound that with the fact that I just haven't been able to find any game to keep my interest for more than a couple of hours at a time lately, and... I think I need a new hobby for a while...

RemiusTA
Oct 16, 2011, 04:18 AM
Didn't play FF9 at all really, so can't say how I feel about Zidane.

Zidane was awesome because of how persistent he was in trying to get in Garnet's pants. Well, every female's pants, but most garnet mostly. It was so entertaining, i find it really hard to not like Zidane.

Although, I just thought of a Cloud comparison... Basch from FF12. Not anything alike you say? Darn right they aren't. Because Basch went through heck, and still managed to not come across as a broody teenager that spoiled everybody's day with his bad attitude; or some bad-boy, renegade, elitist (however you want to view Cloud, neither are positive in my eyes). Now that is toughness in my book.Cloud's personality in FF7 was never extreme enough to be unlikable. He was just a typical badass. For MOST of the "asshole" comments cloud was able to give, you were given the choice between ever even choosing them. Cloud's persona in Advent Children / Dissidia / Anything that isn't the original game is very far from how he sounded in the actual game. For instance, in Dissidia he sounds damn near emotionless.

Nomura actually gave a really good explanation for Cloud's bitchyness in Advent Children, and they touched on it in AC: Complete version, but they honestly never even really stated why he acted so depressed. Of course nothing in that movie made much sense anyway so whatever. Supposedly, Tifa and Cloud were running an orphanage which kind of doubled as a refuge for kids that contracted the Geostigma disease. Cloud was desperately trying to find a cure to save them, but instead contracted the sickness himself and was going to end up suffering the same fate. Compound this with the death of Aerith (which could somewhat be his fault) and the fact that it was his effort to save the planet in the first place (and now everyone is suffering), i guess it was too much and he went emo.

Anyway, "emo" is the selling point for males in japan. Have you not seen the ridiculous fan following that fag Sasuke has? Regardless, FF7's ending was perfect the way it was. It left you guessing with an assurance that the planet was still in-tact and that the world was in good shape -- no more Shinra destroying the planet, Greenery growing where midgar (planet destroying town) once lie, and no hope of shinra emerging again. AC rolls around -- The planet is fucked, apparently Shinra still has some power, apparently Rufus Shinra survived a fucking direct attack from one of the Weapons, and Holy apparently failed at finishing off jenova. Wtf.

I think that most people forget that Cloud was really f***ed up mentally, up until the sequence where he falls in the life stream and Tifa helps him find himself. He suffered a nearly mortal injury after the fight with Sephiroth in the Nibelheim reactor, was subsequently taken by Hojo and experimented on for a pretty long period of time and injected with Jenova cells (subsequently giving Sephiroth the ability to manipulate him and even control him physically to a point), and saw his best friend (Zack) killed while escaping. All the while, he had suffered from low self-esteem because of his failure to become a SOLDIER like he set out to do (and his failure to protect Tifa from getting hurt in the reactor).

His whole SOLDIER identity wasn't a lie, per-se, in that he believed it himself. In his "I'm a bad ass SOLDIER" identity, he had an overabundance of self-confidence to the point of conceit as an obvious compensation for his previous lack of it. After the life stream thing, he was a lot less "douchy" (if I remember right) because he was no longer stuck in that made-up identity. But he was always a natural leader (when not wallowing in self-pity).

And what made Cloud great was that he wasn't perfect. Far from it, in fact. He had major issues he had to overcome, and his inability to resist Sephiroth's manipulation had major implications for the story at various points and nearly led to him killing Aerith.This is pretty much it.

For the half the game (up until someone finally mentions that his backstory is fake he loses his fucking mind) cloud is pretty much living as a fake character he wanted to be instead of who he really was. I think the great twist to his story was that although he wasn't very strong, had some self-esteem issues, failed his goal in life at becoming Soldier 1st Class, he still ended up showing some heroic qualities when shit hit the fan; he walks up and kills sephiroth, the one man he aspired to be and whom nobody else could touch. The irony was that in a way, the fact that he was somehwat a failure and a nobody was the reason he was able to accomplish what he did. (And then confronts him again, gets pwned, and then STILL finishes him off, unarmed.)

But yeah, all the backstory, and Tifa/Cloud's simple little relationship is honestly why FF7 is my favorite RPG. They all had their issues and character flaws, but it's the reason why i enjoyed them so much, and the game did such a wonderful job of playing it into the storyline itself. People called the story complicated, but i honestly don't see what was so complicated about anything -- the game dedicated TONS of its time explaining the details of everything about the story. Throughout cloud's initial flashback (and Tifa helping him paste his mind back together in the lifestream), you can gain absolutely NO loot and you can't lose a fight. (Sephiroth is with you in cloud's version, there ARE no battles in Tifa's version) It's the reason i like the game more than any of the other ones. Games just dont pay that much attention to anything anymore.

IMO, FF9 came the clostest to FF7's gameplay design, and FF10 came clostest to FF7's story detail.

Jonth
Oct 16, 2011, 10:07 AM
I'll admit that you are bringing up a lot of points that I had long since forgotten, and it probably isn't fair that I am making these judgments based on such a broken memory of the game... Still, I will say that I have little basis besides FF7 for Cloud's personality, since I didn't play Dissidia, and I only watched bits and pieces of AC when somebody had it on while I was doing something else. Really, Kingdom Hearts was the only other example of Cloud I have, and they actually made him less of a jerk in that, seeing as how he wants you to go find puppies...

Anyway, perhaps you have persuaded me to hate Cloud a little less... But until I go back and replay FF7 I can't say for sure. Thanks to this conversation, I just may do that...

Randomness
Oct 16, 2011, 10:44 AM
I could never get into metroid, but if I play any of them, it'd be super metroid.

I remember getting the awesome dashy power... Then my brother deleted all the roms, and I never touched another metroid game again.

Chrono Trigger will always be my number 1 favorite.

Speed booster is so much fun...

And then you have to pull a crazy ass chain of boost>jump>spark>boost>jump>spark back and forth up some platforms until you can finally spark into the missile tank... (I went for a 100% on Fusion a while back, this one took me forever to get right)

RemiusTA
Oct 16, 2011, 02:11 PM
Super Metroid is one of the best games i'd ever played.

Metroid Prime 1 is probably the best example of a 2D -> 3D translation, man. I loved that game so much.

And all that talk about FF7 last night, i feel like playing the game over again.

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2011, 02:41 PM
glgkjjhjkjfgafjgljhsg That's why BBS felt weird!

The only FF character I met was zack! D<

yoshiblue
Oct 16, 2011, 07:14 PM
Soooo........Skype?

Randomness
Oct 16, 2011, 07:54 PM
Super Metroid is one of the best games i'd ever played.

Metroid Prime 1 is probably the best example of a 2D -> 3D translation, man. I loved that game so much.

And all that talk about FF7 last night, i feel like playing the game over again.

Yeah, Prime is a masterpiece. Echoes is just below it (Being mostly the same deal, with a new mechanic to keep it interesting), and Corruption is good, but not on the same level really, since it's highly linear, and cheapens hyper mode. It's a great conclusion to the phazon storyline, but I feel the previous prime games were better. The trilogy collection for the Wii was one of the best game deals ever, imo. I just realized... I never did get around to beating Prime completely. (Was up to Ridley, then my brother hijacked the file)

NoiseHERO
Oct 16, 2011, 09:21 PM
I remember being disappointed with curruption because I thought it was going to be like a Wii version of Hunters... Which was awesome during it's early release and people actually played DS games online.

Jonth
Oct 16, 2011, 10:53 PM

I started replaying it today. I've been looking for something to do.

RemiusTA
Oct 17, 2011, 12:13 AM
Do yourself a favor. If you're going to replay the game, dont waste your time doing it on an emulator unless you're forced to.

I bought the game for $10 off PSN. I tried to replay FF7 tons of times beforehand on my emulator, and quit every time. Played it on my PS3 and beat it in a few days.

In fact, there isn't a single PSX game ive been able to complete on my computer, even with my PS3 remote. I just gotta play it on my television to get the immersion factor back.

ATM im gonna finish beating FF8 (at ultimecia's castle, but gonna go kill Ultima Weapon to get Eden), then finish FF9, and then continue playing BOF4.

Well, probably not in that order. But they're all fucking amazing ass RPGs, and i dont mind jumping from each because all of them are amazing,

NoiseHERO
Oct 17, 2011, 12:48 AM
9 is on psp now right?

Think I might grab it and solve all my out of home boredom problems.

RemiusTA
Oct 17, 2011, 01:36 AM
It is? You mean PSN? If so, yeah, all of the PSX FF games are on PSN now, including Tactics and Vagrant Story if u wanna include that too.

They even put Xenogears and Threads of Fate up there too. All they need now is Brave Fencer Musashi and im set

Kent
Oct 17, 2011, 02:07 PM
I loved some of the outright wacky stuff you could do with FFVII's materia system.

One of my favorites was outfitting Tifa with Cover, HP boosts, and as many Counter materias as I could find. :wacko:

RemiusTA
Oct 17, 2011, 05:23 PM
I dont think i ever took Tifa out of my party. Her limit was really good. I played pretty much the entire game with Cloud / Tifa / Barrett, since it just felt the most right according to the story.

Jonth
Oct 17, 2011, 09:59 PM
No worries Remius, my wife ended up with two copies of the Greatest Hits version of the game over the years. So, I'm playing it on my PS2.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 18, 2011, 10:52 AM
Just bought the PS3 rerelease combo of ICO and Shadow of the Colussus. Heard good things about those games, never got around to playing them. Should get it tomorrow!

chibiLegolas
Oct 19, 2011, 11:40 AM
Gaurdian Heroes on XBOX Live Arcade!
SMILEEEEEEYYYYY!

God I love this game. Yes this is nostalgia talking. But this was the only game I can remember that can have 8 (or was it 12?) players at once hack'n away at baddies.
No one at my party needs to feel left out during battles. :)

RemiusTA
Oct 19, 2011, 11:47 AM
Lol i forgot about XBLA.

So glad i got a PS3 after my Xbox RRoD'd. PSN's market content destroys Xbox's by like a trillion miles. I guess the only thing PSN is missing is a good scene for indie games.

The day i logged on and saw all my fav. PS1 games for like $10 and under, i was like "JAACCKPOOTTTT". Im gonna download Threads of Fate to replay it, Xenogears because i never played it, and then something like Tomb Raider 1 since it was the best in the series

And they'll probably re-release PS2 games too, but it doesn't matter because i still have mine. Hopefully they'll release Final Fantasy X International version, if so i'll definitely get that off PSN even though i have the original game.

amtalx
Oct 19, 2011, 12:00 PM
PSN's market content destroys Xbox's by like a trillion miles.
I had my bullshit flag at the ready for this one until you got to the part about PS1 games. This generation has become remarkably savvy at selling us content that we've already purchased, but Sony is really good at it (honorable mention goes to Nintendo). HD collections are surfacing with enough regularity to make me question how much creativity in the gaming industry has been replaced with business sense. However, in terms of original content (and features) PSN is still desperately trying to play catch-up to XBLA.

Kent
Oct 19, 2011, 02:05 PM
PSN's market content destroys Xbox's by like a trillion miles.
Kinda like how iOS is the best mobile OS platform out there, right?

The only advantage it has is unchanged, original PlayStation games.

But, you know, if you're in that market, I have a couple recommendations if you need some time killed: SaGa Frontier if you're into RPGs (and are interested in a very east-meets-west RPG design), and I heard they recently released God Hand for download. God Hand is easily one of the best games to grace the PS2.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2011, 11:58 PM
With lots of sleep and maybe some work.

Thalanoth
Nov 2, 2011, 03:10 PM
What will I be doing? Playing PSO ep 1 & 2 of course, I'm still not level 200 on any of my characters =(

RemiusTA
Nov 2, 2011, 06:19 PM
Kinda like how iOS is the best mobile OS platform out there, right?

Huh?

The only advantage it has is unchanged, original PlayStation games.
well.....yeah. That's about all it needs. If it wasn't for PSN, i'd probably never get to properly replay FF7, or 9 (i still have 8, but my FF9 disc1 is missing X_X, so i can only replay from my memory card save files....which are all like endgame) and i'd never have played Breath of Fire IV, which honestly to me is rivaling one of the PSX Final Fantasy titles in amount of sheer fun it is to simply play the game. Playing BOF4, FF7/9 reminds me of why JRPGs suck nowadays

But, you know, if you're in that market, I have a couple recommendations if you need some time killed: SaGa Frontier if you're into RPGs (and are interested in a very east-meets-west RPG design), and I heard they recently released God Hand for download. God Hand is easily one of the best games to grace the PS2.ill look into it

Ecchi
Nov 2, 2011, 11:14 PM
Still playing with myself ;(

RemiusTA
Nov 3, 2011, 01:05 AM
Still playing with myself ;(

suggestiveeeeee

Scyris
Nov 3, 2011, 09:10 AM
For me playing random games on a ps2 emulator, playing random mmorpg's.. I am desperate for pso2 because I am sick of all the generic wow-clones coming out like SWToR and such. Waiting for Skyrim.. and hoping the game is actually beatable on release unlike most of bethesda's titles, that are so riddled with biliant bugs that should not have gotten past internal testing.

Not much else here.. I lack anything of a life. SO mostly playing stuff on my pc overall XD

kyuuketsuki
Nov 3, 2011, 12:35 PM
suggestiveeeeee
Just curious... how do you enlongate a silent 'e'?

NoiseHERO
Nov 3, 2011, 04:25 PM
Just curious... how do you enlongate a silent 'e'?

Sugestivehhhhhhhhhhh....

LOL...

Lamak
Nov 3, 2011, 06:00 PM
If this game comes out stateside, I'll flip my lid. In the meantime I'll think about all my PSU memories and wonder if PSO2 can bring a similar experience.

Dinosaur
Nov 3, 2011, 06:19 PM
I probably posted in this already, but League of Legends has taken up a lot of my gaming time atm.

If you want to play, add me @ "l3ssthan3" and "GM Custom"

GM Custom is my smurf, which I've been playing more recently. And FYI, my normal ELO is pretty high so don't execpt to play noobs!

Jonth
Nov 4, 2011, 07:25 AM
Okay Remius. You win. Ever since I left Midgar, I have been addicted to FF7. I don't understand how I forgot so much about 7, it truly is a fantastic game. And Cloud. You were right again. Now he was a total Jerk at the beginning, what with telling Jesse or Biggs that he didn't care about his/her name. After about an hour though, you could tell most of it was just show.

Basically, if you watch and listen to Barret's reactions and commentaries towards Cloud's actions and behavior, you have a good idea of how my opinion of Cloud develops. Actually, it is pretty uncanny, because Barret's evolving opinion of Cloud mirrors my own almost exactly.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 4, 2011, 08:10 AM
I still think FF7 is way over-rated and hyped personally. *shrugs*

I played FF8 9 10 and 6 before playing 7, and i msut say i didn't enjoy 7 as much as the others. I've played and beat the others multiple times but 7 only once, i couldn't even bother replaying it again for extras. It does has a good story line but i don't know, something about it didn't feel right to me.

Maybe i just got to much expatations for the game cause of the hype that's arround the game, i don't know really.

Ecchi
Nov 4, 2011, 08:58 AM
7 is the best, story gameplay and if you put in the effort you can make challenge the last 3 world bosses. The only ff I didnt really enjoy was 9.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 12:32 PM
FFIV > all.

I hate how the later games stick with 3 character parties. It makes each character too much of a hybrid to make any interesting parties. The 4 character parties of 6 and below made for some much more interesting party make ups.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 4, 2011, 01:17 PM
^You forget FFIX, it had 4 man parties as well.

NoiseHERO
Nov 4, 2011, 02:07 PM
It never really hit me till later but apparently 9 is the throwback game. (I'll be honest it's my favorite, but I mostly bought it because I thought VIVI looked awesome on the boxart.) So I assume that's why it took back 4 man parties.

Infact 456 and 9 were the first FFs I played so it's probably why I didn't realize and if anything the modern styled stuff confused me.

8 I only liked the first disc, I did like the setting a lot however. 7 I mostly only liked the midgar parts otherwise I still prefer 9 over both, which I'm playing on my PSP whenever I'm stuck on the train...

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:09 PM
9 has 4 man parties? I knew I should have played that one.

So, the FFs have a PSP version? I think I have to buy those.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 4, 2011, 02:46 PM
These from PS1 are avaible in PSN Store yeah. 8 and 9 are both my favo FF games so far, but i think 9 slightly wins because it has much more stuff to do then 8 in my opnion (For example the whole Chocobo sidequest). 8 Wins however when it comes to Card Battles. The one of FF9 was crappy and complicated to me plus you couldn't refine them for any usefull parts.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:56 PM
Are there any remakes I can get? I don't have any problems with the originals, but I do like better graphics, music quality, and script quality that remakes tend to have.

And about those card battles, do they give you anything useful? Or are they just a time waster in a time waster?

RemiusTA
Nov 5, 2011, 01:32 AM
Phantasy Star Generations was a remake of the older games, redone with absolutely beautiful art, the same type that made me fall for PSO's box art in the first place.

But unfortunately we filthy putrid gaijin scum aren't good enough for it, so it will never be released over here.

Macman
Nov 5, 2011, 02:01 AM
FF9's battles run slow as molasses, even with the speed turned to max.

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 02:31 AM

I've never noticed this at all, whot?

Or if anything all the FF's battles feel slow to me...

Ce'Nedra
Nov 5, 2011, 09:00 AM
And about those card battles, do they give you anything useful? Or are they just a time waster in a time waster?

FF9 cards are a waste, though at one point you are forced into a card tournament.

FF8's cards however are very uselfull. Quezacotl, one of your 2 starter GF's can learn the Command ability Card (40AP) and then Card Mod (80ap) which you can use to refine cards into items, which on their turn can be used to upgrade your weapons or refine them into magic. It's possible to get semi-powerfull magic in the start of the game. Think of stuff like Cura, Fira, Blizzara, Thundara, Aero and Water.

And since the Junction system of FF8 relies on the magic you have, you can boost your stats pretty good right at the start of the game. It's just a bit time consuming in the start as you get crappy cards but once you beat Ifrit and get his card things get easier. You can also use the Card Command to turn weakened enemies into cards (as in, drop them to 1/4th their HP i think).

When i start over i tend to spend about 5 hours to get tons of cards and refine them in good magic. When i take part of the SeeD exam Squall already has his 2nd strongest weapon for me, not that it really matters which weapon you use, as your damage is highly based on your Str and weapons only boost it a little bit. But thats all because i spend a few hours into carding and refining cards into items. :)

In case you haven't played the game yet:
[SPOILER-BOX]By doing so, you will be able to beat the Spider boss at the exam when you have to run away from him (only at the bridge) but you still need a bit of luck and timing. Basicly learn Elemental Attack Junction ability from your GF's and equip 100 Thundara to it, have Quezacotl learn Boost, equip him to Selhpie (at least i do that) and boost him up to deal like 3k damage right before he collapses and repairs...bye bye spider, hello 40-50 AP and extra points to your SeeD examn result :)[/SPOILER-BOX]

If you want more detailed information or any more questions feel free to send me a PM.

RemiusTA
Nov 5, 2011, 02:42 PM

So i wasn't the only one to notice. I downloaded and chained FF7, 8, and 9 in order this past summer, and each game the battle engine gets PROGRESSIVELY slower.

FF7 was the fastest, because it was basically FF6 in 3D. FF8 feels slow in transition because it's the first one to feature actual animations, as the characters actually run up to the enemy and slash and whatnot, but most importantly the ATB stops when someone is doing an action.

FF9 was completely unbearable to me at first, but once again, you simply get used to it and dont even notice after a few hours of gameplay. It's only really noticable if you aren't in a full party, but as long as you have 3 or 4 people you probably wont notice. The biggest change from 9 though was the LOAD times for the battles. I guess square was pretty clever, as they synced the music to the load times. In FF9 the screen doesn't even fade in until about LITERALLY 10 seconds into the song.

Okay Remius. You win. Ever since I left Midgar, I have been addicted to FF7. I don't understand how I forgot so much about 7, it truly is a fantastic game. And Cloud. You were right again. Now he was a total Jerk at the beginning, what with telling Jesse or Biggs that he didn't care about his/her name. After about an hour though, you could tell most of it was just show.

Basically, if you watch and listen to Barret's reactions and commentaries towards Cloud's actions and behavior, you have a good idea of how my opinion of Cloud develops. Actually, it is pretty uncanny, because Barret's evolving opinion of Cloud mirrors my own almost exactly.

I told you lol.

I realized after i replayed FF7 that i was probably just too young to understand why it was a good game back in the 90s. I haven't played a single RPG with dialogue or characters as captivating as the ones in FF7. Critics enjoy throwing around words like "one/two dimensional" i guess to make themselves sound more justified (the same way 87% of people believe absolutely random statistics like the one i just did now), but i just didn't really see it.

FF8 could have came close if the storyline was a bit more cohesive. My first playthrough of 8 i actually liked squall, but now that im older and replayed the game, i original hated that guy because he was just a TRUE asshole. However, Final Fantasy 8 actually gave you a valid excuse for his actions.

Kent
Nov 5, 2011, 05:07 PM
Or if anything all the FF's battles feel slow to me...
Play Final Fantasy XII on max battle speed - in comparison, all of the other Final Fantasy games will feel like they're running in bullet time unless you crank up their battles speeds (at which point, they speed up to molasses).

And good luck getting past any nonbasic encounters without having the ATB mode set to Wait when you have a command window up. Hope you've got some award-winning gambits going on.

This might have something to do with how hard of a time I have enjoying purely turn-based games now.

My first playthrough of 8 i actually liked squall, but now that im older and replayed the game, i original hated that guy because he was just a TRUE asshole. However, Final Fantasy 8 actually gave you a valid excuse for his actions.
A similar thing happens in The World Ends with You, with Neku. Early in the game, he's King Dickface the Abrasive for a while, but probably shows more character development personally than any character in a Square game ever has.

I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but if you have a DS and haven't TWEWY, you're doing it wrong.

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 05:24 PM
I loved Twewy, You can technically say it's overrated but after that game came out, the DS just started getting bombarded with shovelware anyway, square was the only ones really putting up interesting DS games other than a few rare names here and there...

Neku, as a character I didn't mind him, I mostly just liked his headphone niche. Or if anything I LIKED that he was king dickface though sometimes he would come off unreasonably dickish (even around cute girls wtf is dis shit.)

I would say a sequel would be nice, but with that whole angels and demons and different dimensions story going on, I dunno how good they would be able to uphold the vibe the game's unique style created. That game was basically Nomura's way of showing how Japance pop culture glorification is done... in his own nomurafied way... I mean damn c'mon, you fought tattoos with graffiti shaped magic while running across shibuya to shopping mall music!

RemiusTA
Nov 5, 2011, 07:30 PM
A similar thing happens in The World Ends with You, with Neku. Early in the game, he's King Dickface the Abrasive for a while, but probably shows more character development personally than any character in a Square game ever has.

I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but if you have a DS and haven't TWEWY, you're doing it wrong.There was one, singular scene that instantly made me go from "i hate squall" to "wow square i actually understand this bastard now." It was always known (from the first scene of the game when Quistis finishes your boring sentences for you) that squall's character was pretty lame, but there's just something about the character himself admitting his own flaws that makes me really enjoy the character shift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwFBUgKVknM&feature=player_detailpage#t=40s

It's stuff like that from Final Fantasy 7 and 8 that really made me connect to the characters. It's that Squall's character transformation was very gradual, and you watch him handle most of it internally (through his thought stream) until near the end when his feelings are made obvious to everyone and he doesn't care to hide it anymore.

In fact, looking back on it, Squall's thought stream is the reason he was such an interesting character to me. I don't remember that happening in any game after 7 or 8. It just made him a very believable character, even after all the douchebag indifference he shows to other people throughout the beginning of the game, you always are able to see his thoughts, which usually ends up to be him trying to justify himself. If he ignores people, it usually ends up him thinking of something to say or questioning his own beliefs on the subject. The writing is what i guess i really used to love about Squaresoft's games.

I have a DS, but the only game i have on it is Sonic Rush.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 5, 2011, 10:45 PM
I'm gonna pass the time by playing Gal Gun for PS3.

Kent
Nov 6, 2011, 05:15 AM
I loved Twewy, You can technically say it's overrated but after that game came out, the DS just started getting bombarded with shovelware anyway, square was the only ones really putting up interesting DS games other than a few rare names here and there...

Neku, as a character I didn't mind him, I mostly just liked his headphone niche. Or if anything I LIKED that he was king dickface though sometimes he would come off unreasonably dickish (even around cute girls wtf is dis shit.)

I would say a sequel would be nice, but with that whole angels and demons and different dimensions story going on, I dunno how good they would be able to uphold the vibe the game's unique style created. That game was basically Nomura's way of showing how Japance pop culture glorification is done... in his own nomurafied way... I mean damn c'mon, you fought tattoos with graffiti shaped magic while running across shibuya to shopping mall music!
There's a lot that can be said about the aesthetic and storyline of TWEWY. It's an insane concept from the outside looking in, and makes no sense whatsoever. Once you get into it though, and the story starts unfolding and things click, you can really appreciate exactly what's going on.

Also it has probably the best villain in an RPG, or almost any game for that matter.

But you know what? I don't even give a crap how great the story is and how lively and Jet Set Radio-y the setting happens to be. It's fun to play, which is what really matters, but the fact that everything else is so good just magnifies how great of an experience the whole thing is. It's one of the few games that I strove to 100% not out of some notion of it being within reach or some OCD compulsion, but because I had so much goddamn fun playing it, that I didn't want to stop.

Which, really, is among the best thing a game designer can hope to create. The only problem is the fact that there's an end to it all.

Jupiter has expressed interest in doing a sequel, though I would personally see something more along the lines of an indirectly-related successor (sound familiar?) as being far more likely.

I have a DS, but the only game i have on it is Sonic Rush.
You're doing it wrong. Though admittedly, in a very less-wrong way than most people who are doing it wrong.

Sonic Rush was a pretty fun game (and Hideki Naganuma's soundtrack helps).

JesMaz
Nov 6, 2011, 07:45 AM
I am going to pass the time by adding 40 lbs of muscle to my frame

Jonth
Nov 6, 2011, 11:33 PM
I am going to pass the time by adding 40 lbs of muscle to my frame

40 lbs of muscle, in approximately a years time? Yeah, I have thought of using steroids myself as well. But only if I could get a doctor to prescribe them to me. The whole illegal thing puts me on edge.