PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Problems with the Downloaded Version of PSU

Older Brother
Oct 7, 2011, 10:10 PM
So, maybe the third times the charm. Every time I download PSU and the expansion,AoI, I keep getting a "Cannot Play Game, Download Again" error message from my Xbox 360. This time around I'm seeing if downloading AoI first and then PSU will make it work. But my question is this; has anyone else had these issues when downloading PSU from the Xbox Live Marketplace? Did you have to keep redownloading or what made it start working? ^^;

MaggotSai
Oct 7, 2011, 10:55 PM
Are you signed in to the profile that purchased the game? You probably are but I'm just checking.

Older Brother
Oct 7, 2011, 11:08 PM
Are you signed in to the profile that purchased the game? You probably are but I'm just checking.

Yes, but I'll do a double check once it finishes downloading, which is at sixty percent right now.

EDIT: Double-checked the profile and the games associated owner, everything turned out fine. However the game still refuses to start up. I've sent a eMail to the Xbox Live Support line but who knows what's going on now.

Kay Jay
Oct 8, 2011, 06:36 AM
Have u deleted the original version of psu if it was on your hard drive plus Aoii before down loading it. Seem to remembered this could cause problems.

Older Brother
Oct 8, 2011, 08:34 AM
Have u deleted the original version of psu if it was on your hard drive plus Aoii before down loading it. Seem to remembered this could cause problems.

No, these were first time installments of the game itself. However a year or so ago, I did download the trial version of the game to the 360. But that was deleted and I can't find anything to do with that on the hard drive.

EDIT: I decided to do something that I've planned on doing for awhile now to clear up any data from games that I don't play anymore. I transferred all the content that I wanted to keep to a flash drive and reformatted my hard drive on the 360. Now I'm redownloading the game and expansion so hopefully, if Kay Jay's eplaination being the case, should get rid of any issues at least on my 360's end...

...and the game still doesn't work.

Kay Jay
Oct 8, 2011, 12:44 PM
Don't know what it could be but I'll have a look on some other web sites see if i can find anything out for you. Ill post back here soon.

Carrighan
Oct 8, 2011, 12:56 PM
Have you purchased a hunters liscence from xbox?

Kay Jay
Oct 8, 2011, 01:00 PM
No found nothing the only thing i can suggest is to post on the official Sega site and you mite get more help.

Older Brother
Oct 8, 2011, 01:20 PM
Have you purchased a hunters liscence from xbox?

Yes I have.

No found nothing the only thing i can suggest is to post on the official Sega site and you mite get more help.

Couldn't hurt to try, Xbox Support sure as hell is taking it slow getting back to me.

Older Brother
Oct 9, 2011, 02:18 AM
Sixth time was the charm, thanks for everyone's help. Gamer tag is cR4zYw1LL character name Brave if anyone wants to meet up. Gotta level up first though, seeya in game.

Kay Jay
Oct 9, 2011, 03:16 AM
Good if you go to the 5 th floor there is a special event going on with mite help you grind those levels.