PDA

View Full Version : PSO 10th Contest Announcement

Sayara
Oct 8, 2011, 11:19 PM
PSO 10th Anniversary Memorial Contest
Dates: October 9th- December 21st 2011

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad298/Nokoopa/OPSOc.jpg

Overview:
In order to celebrate Phantasy Star Online's 10th anniversary, PSO-World is holding a Fan Art and Fan Fiction contest! You are asked to to remember and share the greatest, most memorable moment you had while playing any iteration of Phantasy Star Online. Read below to see the contest details, submission deadlines, and rules.

Categories:
Memorial Illustration Contest:
Description: Can you snapshot your greatest, or your character's greatest Phantasy Star Online moment?
* Submissions can make use of the following tools: Pencils, markers, pastels, watercolor, Photoshop, Paintool SAI, Sculptures, 3D programs, and so on.
* Screenshots will not be allowed in this category.

Literary Memorial Contest
Description: Can you describe is words, your greatest moment from the viewpoint of your Phantasy Star Online character?
* Retell your story; like it was their very own epic. In a short story format (around 3000-5000 words)
* Retell your story; like if it were a ballad of a true hero. In a poetic format

Submission Process:
All entries must be submitted via private message to Sayara (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/member.php?u=26228) by Dec. 21st 11:59:59 PST (2:59:59 AM EST). If you are submitting an image, be sure to send us a link to the location where the is hosted! If you are submitting a short story, just copy and paste the entry into the Private Message. Be sure to include a title for your submission!

Judging Process:
Winners for each contest will determined through two methods, a panel of judges and fan gallery vote.

Judges Vote
A panel of three non-biased judges will select the top three quality entries in each category. Quality will be determined based on concept and execution of the piece.

Fan Gallery Vote
Once the submission period has ended, special galleries will be setup - one for each category. PSO-World.com users will then have the chance to vote for their favorite piece in each category. The winner for a particular category will be the piece with the largest number of votes. Once voting has finished and a winner has been determined, the results will be posted.

Prizes:
For each category, separate prizes be handed out for the Judges and Fan Gallery vote. The prizes will vary depending on where you place.

Illustration Contest - Judges Vote

Phantasy Star Online Art Book OR Kotobukiya Elenor Model Kit, Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy T-Shirt , Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy Armband and Custom Avatar

Illustration Contest - Fan Gallery Vote

Phantasy Star Online Art Book OR Kotobukiya Elenor Model Kit, Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy T-Shirt, Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy Armband

Literary Contest - Judges Vote

Phantasy Star Online Book of Hunters, Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy T-Shirt , Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy Armband and Custom Avatar

Literary Contest - Fan Gallery Vote

Phantasy Star Online Book of Hunters, Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy T-Shirt, Rappy Armband, and Custom Avatar
Rappy Armband

Rules:

You must be a registered PSO-World member to enter these contests.
Users may only submit one entry in each contest. This means you can have one written entry and one drawn entry.
Entries must not contain personally identifiable information or watermarks. You are allowed to add this information after the voting period ends.
Entries must comply with the forum rules. Remember to keep your entries rated PG-13 or under.
Material that has been previously posted on PSO-World or published on a third party site is not eligible for entry. Let's keep the material brand new!

FAQ:
Q: What happens if a user wins two prizes? For example: The 1st Fan Gallery and 3rd Place Judge
A: The member will always win the best prize available to them - with the first place Judge's vote being the top grand prize. In this particular example, the user would receive the 1st Place Fan Gallery vote prize.

Q: Will entries like Comics, Limericks, or Haikus be permitted?
A: They will generally be frowned upon but will be considered for your one entry.

Q: You don't want watermarks on images... but what about fanfiction? Am I allowed to use my name in the story?
A: "By" lines are not allowed. However, if your character shares the same name as your character, you are allowed to use it in a story

Voting Galleries
At this time; the galleries are now open and ready for voting! Please follow the instructions on both pages and choose which entry is the most awesome!

Illustration Contest (http://www.pso-world.com/10th_illustration_contest.php)
Literary Contest (http://www.pso-world.com/10th_literary_contest.php)

To the participants, after the Jan 1st deadline feel free to resubmit your entries with signatures to be added to the fan-art gallery.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 8, 2011, 11:31 PM
Ooooohhhh... always did want a custom avatar. :nerd:

Seth Astra
Oct 8, 2011, 11:34 PM
Hmm... Seems fun... And and the deadline's a month and a half from now. Plenty of time for me to get off my ass and do something (I need a LOT of time for that).

LK1721
Oct 8, 2011, 11:50 PM
Oooh! Sounds like a blast~!

BIG OLAF
Oct 8, 2011, 11:53 PM
Well, damn. This sounds really fun. Only two things stopping me:

- I've only played PSOBB, and not for probably more than 50 hours total. Not exactly enough to turn into an interesting recollection of sorts.

- I would also have to get over my terrible, lingering fear of sharing my writing with others. Hell, I've had a couple of fan fictions on this site, but ended up wiping the threads of my posts.

Wayu
Oct 9, 2011, 12:12 AM
You are asked to to remember and share the greatest, most memorable moment you had while playing any iteration of Phantasy Star Online.

So PSU/PSP is included in that, or no?

-Wayu

BIG OLAF
Oct 9, 2011, 12:15 AM
So PSU/PSP is included in that, or no?

Well, it's PSO's 10th anniversary, so no. Wouldn't make sense.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 9, 2011, 12:16 AM
Yeah, it'd be kinda strange to be awarded an Elenor or Shino model kit for a PSU work.

Dre_o
Oct 9, 2011, 12:42 AM
Oh no....oh my....I will seriously have to set some time aside. Though narrowing everything down to just one or two instances of nostalgia will be difficult.

Sayara
Oct 9, 2011, 12:49 AM
Its only for PSO content, no PSU, PSP, PS0, PSP2i.

Wayu
Oct 9, 2011, 05:15 AM
Drat, I know next to nothing about PSO, although I play Blue Burst.

I probably'll do a few drafts but won't submit anything. :/

-Wayu

Crazyleo
Oct 9, 2011, 06:55 AM
It's been awhile since I've played PSO (GC), but I'm excited about the contest though.

NoiseHERO
Oct 9, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hmm... I can think of something...

Blargh I hate when contest have long due dates because I usually throw something together in under a couple of days of abusing my free time...

It's fair for people with lives though, I guess. D:

Sayara
Oct 9, 2011, 08:33 AM
Truthfully, the deadline is the exact end day for PSO 10th Anny.
This contest does NOT have to involve main key storypoints (Fighting Dark Falz, Discovering that Falz is Rico etc) it can be anything that moved you during your time playing PSO.

Like, if an example when i recieved a rabbit wand from a temple run; that was pretty memorial to me because it established what Tingle would use as her main weapon from then on.

Or, when i fought through C-mode with Ryna, Ian and Rena.

Or when I helped Ryna get to lvl 200.

All are perfectly fine examples for this contest. Just gotta illustrate, or create this story for the rest of us.

qoxolg
Oct 9, 2011, 08:39 AM
PSO?? What's that!!?!?

Seriously, I think I started playing PSO ver2 on the dreamcast somewhere around 2002. I still play it once in while. My best moments were probably my first hours of play. Back then it was state of the art. I'll try to capture those first moments.

PSO back then had a very recognizable feel, just like all Sonic Team games had back then (like the old sonic games, NiGHTS and the first Sonic Adventure game).

Since it's a PSO only contest, I hope the amount of participants will be enough.

If you want, I can post a promotional Blog on the PSA group on Deviant Art? That way I can please some of the people that voted for a contest there..

Sayara
Oct 9, 2011, 05:19 PM
If they're members of PSOW sure. They have to be members to PSOW.

Rawr
Oct 9, 2011, 06:08 PM
A fanart contest hm? I am so in on this :D! Now to decide whether or not I want to attempt something from episode 3 (Pollux fight = my favourite) but that would be rather difficult since you use another character inside the battles. Its been so long too haha. I've been playing a lot of PSOBB lately so I might do something related to that possibly!

Sayara
Oct 9, 2011, 06:19 PM
You could use the NPCs for your illustrative, or written entry, its either YOUR greatest memory, or your characters. Its pretty open-ended.

MESeele
Oct 9, 2011, 06:53 PM
Interesting. Never made it very far, but fun times were had. Might give this a shot.

Mitz
Oct 9, 2011, 07:17 PM
While screenshots aren't allowed, can the characters in the screenshot be extracted and used? Was thinking of doing some form of collage.

Dr. Montague
Oct 9, 2011, 07:27 PM
Sadly, I only played the game offline (As I purchased it secondhand after the servers had gone down) so the memorable stuff I had were in the NPC quests and such, of which I still enjoyed.

That being said though, I'm already fairly certain of what I'm gonna try to do for fan-art. Now I just need to boot up GIMP (For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a weaker Photoshop, which hopefully applies to the "so on" category in what can be used) and learn how to draw D:

Hopefully the 3 months time will be enough for me to procrastinate beyond belief.

(b'-')b

Le shameless edit: This is the first time I've felt excited to finally get back to GIMP in probably the past year or so. Thank goodness for the long timeframe, because I'll surely need it!

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2011, 07:31 PM
* Retell your story; like it was their very own epic. In a short story format (around 3000-5000 words)

Ah ha ha ha ha...oh god, you're serious. This could be tricky.

MESeele
Oct 9, 2011, 10:40 PM
*Ping!* Got my idea ^^. This will be a good chance to learn how to use Painter... I've put off that scary program long enough. Actually kind of excited!

Guess I'll throw down some comps tonight. From the sea of the soul, come forth... China Marker!!!

sugarFO
Oct 10, 2011, 12:32 AM
Ah ha ha ha ha...oh god, you're serious. This could be tricky.

5000 words is like 20 pages o.o

Sha Sha
Oct 10, 2011, 02:01 AM
After Logging over 2000 hours on PSO ep1 -3 I have some things to tell xD
I'm already thinking of which of my many storys to draw

Sayara
Oct 10, 2011, 05:22 AM
Those #s are just kind of an idea. they can be more or less of those numbers.

MAXrobo
Oct 10, 2011, 03:22 PM
Sounds fun, I guess Ill have to give it a shot.

Aumi
Oct 10, 2011, 07:03 PM
I finally feel that I have at least a tiny chance to win a fan art contest. I already have an idea for what to draw! :D

striker0
Oct 10, 2011, 10:42 PM
Hmm, considering my HUmar has hit a very strategic point in his leveling, I think a fanfic should be in order.

I'm in!

Sayara
Oct 11, 2011, 05:13 AM
While screenshots aren't allowed, can the characters in the screenshot be extracted and used? Was thinking of doing some form of collage.

It'd probably be acceptable.

Jared_T
Oct 11, 2011, 09:10 AM
This looks fun. Unfortunately I've been stuck doing commissions. The deadline on the two I'm working on is Dec. 1 so I may be able to put something together after that. If not, then good luck to the rest of you.

ColonD
Oct 14, 2011, 05:30 PM
Well.

I'm entering both the fanart and fanfiction contest. I hope there is a great turnout so there is a lot of new fanwork!

DuRaL
Oct 15, 2011, 07:43 PM
lol, i actually don't want to be the smartass here.. but it's 2011, so wouldn't this be PSO's 11th anniversary? xD

Ami
Oct 17, 2011, 08:31 AM
MOTHERFUUUUUUUU-

This would happen when I'm on a hiatus OTL

Sayara
Oct 17, 2011, 08:47 PM
lol, i actually don't want to be the smartass here.. but it's 2011, so wouldn't this be PSO's 11th anniversary? xD

it'd end on the exact day of the 11th anni. It was well planned.

Googlebonker
Oct 17, 2011, 09:20 PM
; ; Aww. I wanted to do something PSU-themed. Are you sure this anniversary is PSO Eps1-3 & Blue Burst exclusive or a celebration of Phantasy Star`s online endeavors? Episode 3 and Blue Burst weren`t released at the beginning.

blace
Oct 17, 2011, 09:23 PM
; ; Aww. I wanted to do something PSU-themed. Are you sure this anniversary is PSO Eps1-3 & Blue Burst exclusive or a celebration of Phantasy Star`s online endeavors? Episode 3 and Blue Burst weren`t released at the beginning.

Categories:
Memorial Illustration Contest:
Description: Can you snapshot your greatest, or your character's greatest Phantasy Star Online moment?

Literary Memorial Contest
Description: Can you describe is words, your greatest moment from the viewpoint of your Phantasy Star Online character?

Well, it's PSO's 10th anniversary, so no. Wouldn't make sense.

Its only for PSO content, no PSU, PSP, PS0, PSP2i.

If that doesn't tell you much, then I have no other way of telling you.

Sayara
Oct 17, 2011, 09:41 PM
Yeah, this is only focused on PSO. Ep3, and BB are considered parts of those storylines, and i'd think it'd be cool to see an ep 3 related memory hahaha

Googlebonker
Oct 17, 2011, 10:44 PM
Some of my memories of PSOGC are frozen screens, losing items, and hacking. ; ; lol : D But it is where I met MJ and p!nkfrostin! n_n It was also my first online console game. Hmm.

Sayara
Oct 17, 2011, 11:05 PM
Plenty of time to get something down on canvas, or paper if you like!

Crystal_Shard
Nov 1, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hmm, I really need to poke my nose in this subforum just that much often. And my exams are just around the corner as well. orz. That custom avatar is quite tempting.

Let me see if I have time to take a stab at it and see if I can churn out something quickly. A question on the rules first though - must it be an actual memory/event, or can it be partially manufactured? ^_^ (Eg: Having two offline PSOGC characters in a scene with an online friend, or a offline only character scene?)

Edit: Almost forgot - do we need to stick to the established hairstyle options? Costumes are one thing, but I'd always wanted a character of mine to have long hair with a specific hat. ^_^

Dre_o
Nov 1, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hmm, I really need to poke my nose in this subforum just that much often. And my exams are just around the corner as well. orz. That custom avatar is quite tempting.

Let me see if I have time to take a stab at it and see if I can churn out something quickly. A question on the rules first though - must it be an actual memory/event, or can it be partially manufactured? ^_^ (Eg: Having two offline PSOGC characters in a scene with an online friend, or a offline only character scene?)

Edit: Almost forgot - do we need to stick to the established hairstyle options? Costumes are one thing, but I'd always wanted a character of mine to have long hair with a specific hat. ^_^

Well, my guess is that: if you don't tell anyone that it didn't actually happen, they wouldn't actually know!

The costume bit is is a matter of artistic freedom, of course you can have what you'd like hair style-wise.

PhantWolf
Nov 5, 2011, 10:30 PM
So does this mean that the fanart doesn't have to be what exactly happened in the PSO story? Maybe something they plays off of a mission; like a story after facing Kireek.
Sorry for being a noob, but what exactly is a custom avatar?

Sayara
Nov 5, 2011, 10:57 PM
<--
is a custom avatar. One that is not readily avalaible to the site.

The contest asks you to remember the greatest memory of YOUR game time of PSO. This could be story cannon related (Fighting Kireek in the Caves 2) or based off your own adventures (Hunting for fatasia with hit)

Its pretty open ended.

Mainkai
Nov 15, 2011, 06:57 AM
Should we write descriptive texts of the images we send in to clarify the "moment" we are trying to portray?

Is it possible to win a prize for each entry (e.g. second place in art contest and third place in writing contest), or would this also fall under then "best placing" rule?

Sayara
Nov 28, 2011, 05:12 PM
Remember! We're less than a month away now...

So lets get scratchin!

NoiseHERO
Dec 2, 2011, 10:09 PM
Lets see i I can get my motherboard repaired/sorted and draw something within the next 26 days...

Sha Sha
Dec 4, 2011, 11:54 PM
gah Im having problems with deciding on a memory! I have a ton over the years

Alena Zouryx
Dec 5, 2011, 12:36 PM
I'm really excited for this! I certainly do think it's challenging to write about a PSO memory from our character's personal perspective, and I'm always up for a challenge!

Thankfully I spent 90% of my time role-playing as my character instead of actually playing the game. Ohohohoho~!

Sha Sha
Dec 10, 2011, 03:53 AM
I wish we could post wips. I need some feedback on this pose;
can I post a wip on another site (say gaiaonline or DA) for help or critique?
or would that be against the rules?
i dont wanna be disqualified for posting a wip.

qoxolg
Dec 10, 2011, 08:24 AM
I do not make the rules here, but I think for a contest it would be best to try to do as much as possible all by yourself.

This might help you a little:
- When you feel there is something wrong with a pose, then your gut is probably right. Our brains unconsciously recognizes when something looks off, it's just hard to pin point what exactly is the problem. Sometimes the best thing to do is just scrapping the whole thing and redraw it. I usually don't put much effort in the pose, so I can fix up some stuff.
- What really helps me to draw some of the harder poses, is by drawing a silhouette first. The way you can quickly get the proportions right, without worrying to much about the anatomy.
- Try to get yourself a good anatomy book (and if you already have one, start reading). I use 'Classic Human Anatomy' from Valerie L. Winslow. It's a great book and goes into every little detail of the human body.

When it comes to posing, this little tutorial might come in handy: http://warrenlouw.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2p3au1

NoiseHERO
Dec 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
I do not make the rules here, but I think for a contest it would be best to try to do as much as possible all by yourself.

This might help you a little:
- When you feel there is something wrong with a pose, then your gut is probably right. Our brains unconsciously recognizes when something looks off, it's just hard to pin point what exactly is the problem. Sometimes the best thing to do is just scrapping the whole thing and redraw it. I usually don't put much effort in the pose, so I can fix up some stuff.
- What really helps me to draw some of the harder poses, is by drawing a silhouette first. The way you can quickly get the proportions right, without worrying to much about the anatomy.
- Try to get yourself a good anatomy book (and if you already have one, start reading). I use 'Classic Human Anatomy' from Valerie L. Winslow. It's a great book and goes into every little detail of the human body.

When it comes to posing, this little tutorial might come in handy: http://warrenlouw.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2p3au1

asfgasfgdfhadfh

That's a really good guide!

In a different thread in another online game forum I made a topic in the art section, based on sharing reference and tutorials and we try to give each other tips on fixing things and improvement or techniques that could make drawing easier.

So I'll definitely be sharing this.

bwahahaa!

Sayara
Dec 10, 2011, 10:18 AM
I can't "STOP" you from posting it from a different site; but you need to remember that the contest is asking for anonymous entries. I'd imagine, thered be a sense of shame if i or any other of the mystery panel find out about you posting your image on an outside source though.

Though the rules specifically ask for "brand new image" entries. Something never seen from anyone else on THIS forum. Im leaving my trust in you to not post it elsewhere; but i cannot force anything on you.

Also, I'll be adding that guide to the Sticky tutorial section of the forums. Its very handy.

NoiseHERO
Dec 11, 2011, 08:47 PM
I can't "STOP" you from posting it from a different site; but you need to remember that the contest is asking for anonymous entries. I'd imagine, thered be a sense of shame if i or any other of the mystery panel find out about you posting your image on an outside source though.

Though the rules specifically ask for "brand new image" entries. Something never seen from anyone else on THIS forum. Im leaving my trust in you to not post it elsewhere; but i cannot force anything on you.

Also, I'll be adding that guide to the Sticky tutorial section of the forums. Its very handy.

Was this directed at me? o_o

I was talking about sharing the guide qoxolog posted, not this contest. @_@

Sayara
Dec 11, 2011, 08:54 PM
No, not you i was refering to Sha Sha.

Stixxx
Dec 16, 2011, 01:01 PM
10 years all ready huh..

NegaTsukasa
Dec 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
I'm not entering the contest or anything. but I'm curious too know something since we are talking about the ann. here in some fashion.
Japan is a day ahead of us. so wouldn't the 20th on our calendar be the 21st Aka the anniverserary day, if we are going by the exact day Japan released the game? feels like a gray area in the dates. :/ or am I missing something/over thinking this?

Sayara
Dec 19, 2011, 01:35 PM
For the sake of a lack of confusion the deadline is as exactly as slated.
Dec. 21st 11:59:59 PST (2:59:59 AM EST).

Xaeris
Dec 19, 2011, 06:30 PM
Question about formatting for the fanfiction contest: would it be helpful to use [tab]s and the like, or would those not register in a PM?

chibipocky15
Dec 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
what if my most memorable moment was t-bagging someone in a rappy suit.... cuz I was a lonely person as a n00b ;-;

Do we have to pick on moment? Can I put a few together?

does phantasy star universe count because i've only played that ;///;

Sayara
Dec 19, 2011, 11:02 PM
You dont have to tab, just make it clear enough for me to read.

and: whatever is your best memory... go for it!

Sayara
Dec 20, 2011, 01:42 PM
There's only 2 days til the entry deadline.

So wrap them up, and send em my way by that time to be considered into the competition!

qoxolg
Dec 20, 2011, 03:08 PM
I wonder how many entries will be submitted, considering it is PSO only...

Xaeris
Dec 20, 2011, 03:16 PM
The opening post says the 21st though?

Sayara
Dec 20, 2011, 03:18 PM
Ooh, you got me on that. Good eye.

Xaeris
Dec 20, 2011, 03:30 PM
Okay, whew. I thought I was going to have to go into overdrive mode for a moment there.

NoiseHERO
Dec 20, 2011, 04:42 PM
I suck I haven't even started yet.

Don't know what to draw.

I had fun in my PSO time, but nothing distinctive that I could capture in one image...

Alena Zouryx
Dec 20, 2011, 04:43 PM
The opening post says the 21st though?

Thank you for catching that! I totally had a freak-out moment when I saw Sayara's post that it was due tonight. XD

I wonder if I'm the only one who procrastinated and waited until the last minute to get an entry in? ^^; Reminds me of school all over again... x_x

[EDIT] Ohai, Michaeru. Guess it wasn't just me. Ehehehe... ^^;

Aumi
Dec 20, 2011, 07:56 PM
By 11:59:59 PST, you mean 11:59:59 PM, right? I forgot all about the contest and then an important assignment for school came up, so I haven't gotten more than a sketch done...

NoiseHERO
Dec 20, 2011, 08:23 PM
I'm sure a lot of people submitted already.

Though it'd be kinda sad if we all got like a month and a half'd notice. Then everyone only touched it at the last minute.

I blame not having a real computer, otherwise I would've done this weeks ago when I still remembered it. ;o;

Sayara
Dec 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
Thats correct, 11:59pm PST. That'll be 2:59AM my time (EST) so if you send me anything during that night time, I'll probably accept it then. I'll have to consider that.

Sha Sha
Dec 20, 2011, 11:41 PM
just sent mine in; good luck everyone.
now im gotta get set for a 30 hour train trip lol
with no internet or even maybe power lol

qoxolg
Dec 21, 2011, 01:59 AM
I submitted mine a month ago I guess. Ever since I got a fulltime job, I procrastinate less and less.

Xaeris
Dec 21, 2011, 08:44 PM
Submission complete. That was a fun diversion, but now back to business. Here's to a sporting contest.

Aumi
Dec 21, 2011, 11:18 PM
Just sent my submission. Just finished it a few minutes ago, 5:17 AM here... >__<

Alena Zouryx
Dec 21, 2011, 11:29 PM
Whew. Submitted mine, as well. Good luck to everyone! ^_^

Sayara
Dec 21, 2011, 11:47 PM
At 2:59:59AM EST is the final deadline for entries for the contest!
So good luck!

NoiseHERO
Dec 22, 2011, 02:53 AM
Hah! finally submitted mine with 7 minutes to spare! @_@

Alena Zouryx
Dec 22, 2011, 03:24 AM
Hah! finally submitted mine with 7 minutes to spare! @_@

Cuttin' it close, there, eh, Michaeru? XD

NoiseHERO
Dec 22, 2011, 03:27 AM
Cuttin' it close, there, eh, Michaeru? XD

TOO close...

If I gave my self at least a day or so more I couldn't made it look better. ;o;

But this is my own fault.

I definitely wanna see other people entries, I know there's some professional level artists lurking around here somewhere that only pop up for contests!

I'LL FIND YOU!

AND I WILL KILL YOU!

Alena Zouryx
Dec 22, 2011, 03:36 AM
I'LL FIND YOU!

AND I WILL KILL YOU!

o_o;; *Hides behind a chair*

Wait... actually, I'm not an artist, just a writer, soooo... mayhaps I'm safe from such threats? Eheh... ehehehe... Ahem... ^^;

Seriously, though, I am excited to see entries, even the ones that don't win! It's always awesome seeing the mounds of talent that the Phantasy Star community has.

Carma
Dec 22, 2011, 06:41 AM
TOO close...

If I gave my self at least a day or so more I couldn't made it look better. ;o;

But this is my own fault.

I definitely wanna see other people entries, I know there's some professional level artists lurking around here somewhere that only pop up for contests!

I'LL FIND YOU!

AND I WILL KILL YOU!

Somebody called me ? (not sure about the professional part)

It has been a long time since I posted something even if I take a look on psoworld everyday...
Well it seems I will have to hide myself lol

Can't wait to see people's entries, good luck everyone !

Aumi
Dec 22, 2011, 10:44 AM
I wish I had started earlier, but a lot of stuff got in the way (aside from the fact that I forgot all about it). If I had started much earlier I would have practiced inking first, because line art done on the PC with a tablet rarely looks as great...

Sayara
Dec 22, 2011, 10:51 AM
Alright. At this time, I will no longer be accepting submissions. I overslept, so anyone who was up between 3am and 10am my time got some extra chances. However that is the end of submissions!

Now coming soon a gallery will open where you can all vote for your favorite fanfic and fan-art entry!

Good Luck everyone!

Aumi
Dec 22, 2011, 11:28 AM
May participants vote as well? Though I doubt that I would vote for my own entry anyway, seeing as there surely are a lot better entries...

Crystal_Shard
Dec 22, 2011, 09:03 PM
I'm kinda curious to know how long will be the judging period.
Looking forward to seeing what we get in the entries.

Sayara
Dec 23, 2011, 12:24 AM
Trying to get the galleries all set up, as soon as they're ready voting will begin. Yes; participants can vote.

NegaTsukasa
Dec 23, 2011, 01:44 AM
Alright! good luck to everyone! looking forward to voting when the gallery comes up! :D

Sayara
Dec 23, 2011, 04:54 PM
At this time; the galleries are now open and ready for voting!

Please follow the instructions on both pages and choose which entry is the most awesome!
ILLUSTRATIONS (http://www.pso-world.com/10th_illustration_contest.php)

LITERARY (http://www.pso-world.com/10th_literary_contest.php)

(to the participants, after the Jan 1st deadline feel free to resubmit your entries with signatures to be added to the fan-art gallery)

Happy voting!

Xaeris
Dec 23, 2011, 05:00 PM
Talk about slim pickings.

Sayara
Dec 23, 2011, 05:08 PM
An unfortunate turn of events however we still had a good collection to choose from.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2011, 05:52 PM
D: I'm scared.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 24, 2011, 09:51 AM
Don't even know who made what but i saw a few very nice ones.

Can i say that i'm truly amazed by the Gal Gryphon picture? ;o Whoever made that thumbs up. I already saved it and put it in my collection of PSO fanart that are worth keeping ^^

qoxolg
Dec 24, 2011, 11:12 AM
I recognize at least halve of the artist/entries. I've followed a lot of artists for years by now.

Although there aren't many entries, there are some real good ones between them.

Yueri
Dec 24, 2011, 11:49 AM
Can i say that i'm truly amazed by the Gal Gryphon picture? ;o Whoever made that thumbs up. I already saved it and put it in my collection of PSO fanart that are worth keeping ^^

I have to agree with you there.

Sha Sha
Dec 25, 2011, 11:38 PM
I think everyone did a good job in both categories
good job everyone!

Alena Zouryx
Dec 27, 2011, 04:20 AM
I think everyone did a good job in both categories
good job everyone!

I agree completely! :D Although I was hoping there'd be a few more entries... guess folks have been awfully busy or something, lately. o.o

Good luck to everyone, once again! ^-^

Sayara
Dec 30, 2011, 06:47 PM
The clock's ticking everybody!

If you haven't taken a moment to view the galleries and place your votes, Please, take this time to head on down and vote for your favorite illustration and story!

the voting deadline is New Years Day 2012.

Xaeris
Dec 31, 2011, 06:14 PM
Voting's coming to an end. I is excited. Naturally, I'm pulling for myself in the literary category. As for art, I voted for the HUcast and Gal Gryphon.

Mimo
Dec 31, 2011, 06:57 PM
Whoever did the 'art of being together', very nice story.

Fayorei
Dec 31, 2011, 08:21 PM
Really great stuff! I had no idea about the contest, or I would've entered some art.:)

It's just nice seeing some PSO work again. I'm thinking of a couple of ideas anyhow since these are very motivating.:D

Sayara
Jan 2, 2012, 12:01 PM
The Votes are now CLOSED.
We will be making our final judging decisons; and soon the winners shall be announced.

At this time, any participant who wants to submit their artwork again with their signatures or identifications send me a PM and I'll get that arranged.

Sha Sha
Jan 2, 2012, 03:34 PM
yea I need to fix something that i didnt notice until i was on a train in the middle of no where with no internet xD so at lease I can fix it for the gallery

Ryna
Jan 2, 2012, 03:49 PM
The winners have been announced here:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192536

Please use that thread to post feedback on the contest and entries.