PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing something no one has even bothered to do.

Jkid
Mar 18, 2003, 08:05 PM
Write Sonic Team,Ltd. a letter. Why did anyone did this before? If I've wrote ST my thoughts about why we don't have a "real" offical page,paying more for less stuff,etc. Things would've changed for the better.

But no,the American PSO players got used to it. Why they fear change?

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2003, 08:51 PM
Lots of people have done this. It's not that people accept it, it's that Sega and Sonic Team don't give a rat's ass about their non-Japanese customers. They're in it for the money, bottom line. You could wage a boycott against PSO and even Sega themselves to try to make a point, but when they decide to shut down the servers and stop selling games in the US because nobody uses them what will you be left with? Gripe all you want, but you're pretty much left with two choices: enjoy the game or quit.

Edit: I'm not trying to disuade you from doing this. Feel free. But don't be disappointed when you get a carbon copy response and absolutely nothing resolved.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-18 18:11 ]</font>

Jkid
Mar 18, 2003, 09:22 PM
No,it's actully much different.

1.I'm writting the letter directly to Yuji Naka,the head of Sonic Team,Ltd.

2.I'm not writting the letter to the American division.(That's Sonic Team USA for you newbie Hunters)

3.I have some proof to back the accusations.

4.Finally,I'm done with the letter.

MonoxideChild
Mar 18, 2003, 09:28 PM
I hope you can write Japanese, or that he can read English or your screwed.

VulpesMundi
Mar 18, 2003, 09:34 PM
Well good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Rockburn
Mar 18, 2003, 09:40 PM
Yuji can speak English, atleast a little..

I saw him on an interview @ IGN and he was speaking. But he had a thick-ass accent. Lol..

AzNBoi320
Mar 18, 2003, 10:35 PM
Like he would have time to read a letter from a random person.

2Xtreme
Mar 18, 2003, 10:47 PM
Shame on all of you for putting down Jkid's idea. I would have thought that any idea which could potentially improve PSO for us would be welcomed here. Sure, the chances of this letter making a difference aren't great, but if you don't do anything, then you know nothing will change. Jkid, I applaud you.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 19, 2003, 04:03 AM
Posted on: 9:57 pm on Jan. 7, 2003 on sega message boards and yes this is real.

I sent an e-mail to the sega and i want to see if they would reply.o here is my e-mail i sent

"i got some questions about PSO or phantasy star online episode 1 & 2

i know that sega is a huge company and all but i dont get why sega dosen't monitor the boards and see all the complants that people have with them and "PSO". i have not seen onec a repersentitive from sega reply to a message on the board or edit them because of content like drug use and stuff like that. i know some of my posts are a little heavy on "content" some times but i wish onse in a wile that some one from sega would just read and reply to a post and give us a laimans reply on the up and up.
i play "PSO" and all most every game you make but there is so much lacking from the game "PSO" that is clearly said before in last statments by SEGA.
Like;
Keyboard-I had to buy one for $100 US and i got the last one of like 50 orders before x-mas.

Downloadable Quests-I'm ok with there being none so far but i wish you would give us "the pso players of the USA" one.

Snap shots- what happend? i know its on the SEGA Japan web BBS.i do HTML a lot and it is not hard to add a link that you have made before. there is so many things id like to show everone but i can't. and adding a new area on the list of message boards is not hard ether. I mean for one such as SEGA to show us in the USA so little and make the USA pay like $3 US more per month is upsetting.

I know this might seem petty but i play PSO with a lot of people i know and its our game of pick when there is 2-4 people.

if you could give me a some thing, any thing that isent automated then please e-mail or post on a message to show you care a little bit about the USA PSO players.

o i will post this on the to PSO USA message boards to show what i said to sega and see if i get a reaction.

thanks"

--------------------------------
Posted on: 3:43 am on Jan. 13, 2003

omg you all read this email sent to me from sega tech suport

Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 12:43:54 -0600
To: [email protected]

Dear Mr. Jordan,

Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support.

I have forwarded your e-mail to my corporate office.

Sincerely,

-Sandi
Sega of America Technical Support
---------------------------------------------
Posted on: 4:20 am on Jan. 15, 2003

this is what they sent me and im glad to know that there alive! well it looks to me that they are addressing conserns but one thing that puzzles me is that the quot
"As for you complaints about the features missing: There has been at least two downloadable quests available since the game launched (check the ragol news section when you connect). "
the heat sword and the others caves quest is what they say a downloadable quest is lol o well

thanks for answering my mail sega!
(PS here is there reply)

From: "csescalations" <[email protected]> To: "csescalations" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Subject: RE: PSO complaint
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:32:22 -0800

Michael,
I received a complaint that you emailed to our customer support team (attached below)
I would like to address your concerns from the big picture. First, the message board situation can always get better, but we do have representatives that help customers out. The holidays may have thrown some of the "regularity" off a little, but we still look at them. By in large, message boards are for users to communicate with each other, and we allow them to do so. If we come across foul language or obscenitities, we do our best to clean it up. We can't get everything.
As for you complaints about the features missing: There has been at least two downloadable quests available since the game launched (check the ragol news section when you connect). Some of the features of the game are only available in Japan, that we can not change. We do however believe that the game lives up to the expectations, and we have worked hard to get PSO where it is.
Thanks for playing PSP!
Sega.com
-----------------------------------------------
there you have it i contributed to the world info on pso
and yes the
"Thanks for playing PSP!" is a real spealing mess up lol
i guess that not the only thing they f up on lol

Guntz348
Mar 19, 2003, 04:34 AM
On 2003-03-19 01:03, FO-RA-HUnightv wrote:

As for you complaints about the features missing: There has been at least two downloadable quests available since the game launched (check the ragol news section when you connect). Some of the features of the game are only available in Japan, that we can not change. We do however believe that the game lives up to the expectations, and we have worked hard to get PSO where it is.
Thanks for playing PSP!
Sega.com
-----------------------------------------------
there you have it i contributed to the world info on pso
and yes the
"Thanks for playing PSP!" is a real spealing mess up lol
i guess that not the only thing they f up on lol

Theres download-able quests? How come I can't find them? JP only?

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 19, 2003, 06:03 AM
what they are talking about is heat sword and ice spinner quest

they call thouse the downloadable quests lol

Jkid
Mar 19, 2003, 05:21 PM
Since I'm done,all I need to do is to use a printer to get it.Then add two stamps (since this is a international mail shippment after all.).Finally, send it to Sonic Team,Ltd.

Vantamiath
Mar 19, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-03-19 03:03, FO-RA-HUnightv wrote:

No, they're talking about the downloadable GBA quests.

Don't throw false things around just because you're not aware of what is available.

Jkid
Mar 19, 2003, 05:58 PM
They're actully four downloadable quests now.
Check at the "guides" section.

FO-RA-HUnightv
Mar 20, 2003, 02:50 AM
On 2003-03-19 14:52, iHATEpsoCHEATERS wrote:

On 2003-03-19 03:03, FO-RA-HUnightv wrote:

No, they're talking about the downloadable GBA quests.

Don't throw false things around just because you're not aware of what is available.

dude are you stuped or what! i wrote them way be for and of the 2nd gba quests were out(look at the dates
and to fuck you, you know jack shit!)the only gba quest out was the Nights quest from X-mas!
oooo gba quests are downloadible quest
no there not you tard there dam mini games not quests! i had this game since it was out in jp and i have bin writen back to 2-3 times from sega so dont be a smart ass and talk shit when all you know is shit.

o and for your fyi a downloadable quest is just that!
A dam downloadable quest that downloads to a memory card!
ill bet money you never even played the DC ver of PSO
i played that since jp ver. came out!

so next time you type, think 1st the push the buttons ok thx die

EvilNixon666
Mar 20, 2003, 03:51 AM
Wow, an amazing display of bad grammar and spelling from both SEGA and forum members!

When you write a formal letter, and you want to be taken seriously, at least capitalize and use the spell check!

Trust me, it would help.

Fanatic72802
Mar 20, 2003, 04:35 AM
Such a better world this would be if people would learn to use proper grammar. The time it takes to type out a grammatically correct sentence should be immaterial. Of course, foreign people who don't know the language very well are exempt from this, but for people who have at least had a 7th Grade education, there's just no excuse!