PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Should Come Out on Wii-U.

RLbitClassica
Oct 17, 2011, 11:58 AM
I think there needs to be a Phantasy star game for the wii u, but not necessarily PSO2. The options presented with the touch screen are really appealing:

-Chatting with the touch screen and stylus(anyone who plays phantasy star zero will tell you how awesome that is)
-Using it as a more intuitive way to create/edit your character
-Free-aim shooting with the gyroscope for rangers
-Map display
-Quick access menu for items

There are so many things that can be done with the wii u controller that it seems like a bad idea to NOT make a phantasy star game for the wii u.

NoiseHERO
Oct 17, 2011, 12:14 PM
Does Nintendo even know what an online community IS?

Anon_Fire
Oct 17, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think there needs to be a Phantasy star game for the wii u, but not necessarily PSO2. The options presented with the touch screen are really appealing:

-Chatting with the touch screen and stylus(anyone who plays phantasy star zero will tell you how awesome that is)
-Map display

There are so many things that can be done with the wii u controller that it seems like a bad idea to NOT make a phantasy star game for the wii u.

Why did you bump this thread?

Kent
Oct 17, 2011, 02:04 PM

-Map display

Necro-bump, much?

...But anyway, there are plenty of things that Wii U's tablet controller could be used for. Saying that it's a bad idea not to make a Phantasy Star game for it... Is a little pre-emptive, don't you think?

I mean, look at how many games for the 3DS got outright canceled after the system's launch back in March completely bombed. Of course Nintendo needs software to sell the hardware (which has always been their mantra, despite ironically, the lack of software anyone cared about is what drove 3DS sales into the ground before the unprecedented price drop), but you might also notice that by and large, developers of AAA games have been avoiding the Wii like the plague, and pretty much the only developers that haven't abandoned ship on the 3DS are the ones that are either owned by or moneyhatted by Nintendo to keep the thing afloat.

I could go on about what needs to happen with the Wii U, but suffice it to say, it'd actually be a much smarter option to go with the two platforms that actually matter in this generation.

A loosely-associated set of anonymous peers that can only reliably play with one another through arrangements made outside of the relevant service.

That's their definition, anyway.

yoshiblue
Oct 17, 2011, 02:20 PM
Next thing you know, they will make it a launch title with the rumor Dreamcast 2!!!!!!

Happy birthday......to you!
Yeah.

NoiseHERO
Oct 17, 2011, 02:37 PM
I could of sworn this was a thread of it's own... Either the mods quickly merged it for some reason or I was completely spaced out. Probably the latter.

ShinMaruku
Oct 17, 2011, 02:44 PM
I don't.

I still think it should be PC-only, given that it'll be easier to unify the worldwide servers, should that ever happen.
Unified world servers? HA. nice wish ain't happenin. Unless the game is f2p it will NEVER be unified world wide.

Macman
Oct 17, 2011, 03:34 PM
Fuck that shit, this is our last chance to actually get some decent support in a PS game.

Stop buying e-machines or stop whining for lazy console ports.

ShinMaruku
Oct 17, 2011, 06:11 PM
Decent support falls on the company not what it's made on. I'm sorry but Sega has always been shitty regardless of platform.
And the system requirements are for a e-machine to be honest. :P
Where you guys get this delusion that because it's on PC it will magically change their attitude is beyond me.
It's nice to want things, but you have not held Sega to the fire.

SageAtlasEllimirri
Oct 18, 2011, 07:41 AM
i think nintendo know about this and are pressing the issue. without online content the wii u will fail, as much as i would love pso2 to be on wii u and there will be a need for rpgs on it, i dont think it will.

yoshiblue
Oct 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
A complete rehaul of Final Fantasy I on the Wii U! Would be cool in a way.

RemiusTA
Oct 18, 2011, 02:34 PM
Where you guys get this delusion that because it's on PC it will magically change their attitude is beyond me.

I actually agree with this. PSU has been PC only for a good minute now, and they have added absolutely nothing that couldn't have been done on a console.

Unless this game has some innovations that are truely capable only on PCs, then i dont think porting this game would ever be an issue.

ShinMaruku
Oct 18, 2011, 03:32 PM
Probably would give Sega better margins too.

I have yet to see any evidence that this game really use the pc to the best of it's ability, the only reason I see is it's because it's easy. It's hardly pushing anything besides combat.

Kent
Oct 18, 2011, 03:57 PM
Decent support falls on the company not what it's made on. I'm sorry but Sega has always been shitty regardless of platform.
You're wrong. Well, partially - decent support has to come from the company making the game, but the platform on which the game exists has to support the kind of support the company making the game is trying to provide.

There are limitations to what consoles can provide that are non-issues on PC. For the most part, this falls down to regulations and protocol of the company that makes the system and hosts its online services... But for the Wii U?

I think a lot of people are forgetting the fact that Nintendo announced the thing won't have a hard drive, just an unspecified amount of internal flash memory. Surely it won't be so small as the Wii's paltry 512MB of internal storage, but considering the hard drive sizes of the other two modern consoles, I think it'd probably be far too expensive to produce any sizable amount of storage for it, in terms of purely flash memory (and at best, it'll support external storage in the form of SD cards and external hard drives).

So, in the long run, the platform has thus far not been designed to support titles like this, unless they pull another PSU fiasco and charge a monthly fee to unlock on-disc content over time again. Were Sega to produce a version of the game for this platform, they'd have to at best forgo the potential for new content downloads on any sizable scale, depending on exactly how much internal storage the thing has.

This is, of course, assuming that Nintendo doesn't smarten up between now and when the thing actually goes into production. Given their track record lately however, I'd say it's unlikely.

Macman
Oct 18, 2011, 04:02 PM
Let's not forget Nintendo's brilliant online system of "You can't communicate with ANYONE beyond pre-made phrases unless you add them to your list of numbers."
Gotta protect against the pedophiles, of course! :roll:

NoiseHERO
Oct 18, 2011, 04:35 PM
Wii-U is like a little bit over current gen's graphics?

WHAT WOULD PS4 LOOK LIKE THEN?! TRON LEGACY?

Anon_Fire
Oct 18, 2011, 05:25 PM
It's too soon to tell. The Wii-U's not even released yet.

and it's still PC-exclusive

ShinMaruku
Oct 18, 2011, 05:31 PM
You're wrong. Well, partially - decent support has to come from the company making the game, but the platform on which the game exists has to support the kind of support the company making the game is trying to provide.

There are limitations to what consoles can provide that are non-issues on PC. For the most part, this falls down to regulations and protocol of the company that makes the system and hosts its online services... But for the Wii U?

I think a lot of people are forgetting the fact that Nintendo announced the thing won't have a hard drive, just an unspecified amount of internal flash memory. Surely it won't be so small as the Wii's paltry 512MB of internal storage, but considering the hard drive sizes of the other two modern consoles, I think it'd probably be far too expensive to produce any sizable amount of storage for it, in terms of purely flash memory (and at best, it'll support external storage in the form of SD cards and external hard drives).

So, in the long run, the platform has thus far not been designed to support titles like this, unless they pull another PSU fiasco and charge a monthly fee to unlock on-disc content over time again. Were Sega to produce a version of the game for this platform, they'd have to at best forgo the potential for new content downloads on any sizable scale, depending on exactly how much internal storage the thing has.

This is, of course, assuming that Nintendo doesn't smarten up between now and when the thing actually goes into production. Given their track record lately however, I'd say it's unlikely.
You are assuming that Sega will really utilize all the tools that they have been given. Sometimes too much choice can be detrimental. You force somebody into a place and they will work with it.
Maybe being restricted within a platform would benefit sega more. From history platform has never really increased quality with these Phantasty star games, they could do this and that but the lazy fuckers would go path of least resitance. You honestly think Sega will build for the super powered computer and really be motivated to make an excellent product? Let's be honest they have not done that with any of the current phantasy star games.

PSU been pc only for years now, any upgraded textures? Any new effects? Fuck no.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 19, 2011, 10:57 AM
PSU been pc only for years now, any upgraded textures? Any new effects? Fuck no.
Big difference between that and a game being designed from the ground up as a PC title.

Plus, what does upgraded textures or new effects have to do with anything? I don't think that's what people are talking about when they talk about supporting the game.

RemiusTA
Oct 19, 2011, 11:42 AM
It's kind of apparent to me that this game is not going to take advantage of the PC enough to make it completely separate from consoles.

At least if the "official" Sonic Team was making this game, it would be undeniably gorgeous (look at their sonic games). I see nothing on this game that wouldn't be easily possible on 360/PS3 hardware.

Them building it from the ground up means nothing. It's like a game stuck between last-gen and current-gen hardware expectations.

amtalx
Oct 19, 2011, 12:09 PM
It's like a game stuck between last-gen and current-gen hardware expectations.
That's kind of the point. Maximum market penetration is critical for any game where a healthy online community determines success. Getting anywhere near the bleeding edge of tech could be a death sentence unless the engine is extremely scalable.

Kent
Oct 19, 2011, 01:59 PM
You are assuming that Sega will really utilize all the tools that they have been given.
No I'm not. I'm saying that in order for, well, anything to be done, the platform itself has to support them first. I never said that they absolutely would if they had the chance, nor did I imply it.

From history platform has never really increased quality with these Phantasty star games, they could do this and that but the lazy fuckers would go path of least resitance. You honestly think Sega will build for the super powered computer and really be motivated to make an excellent product? Let's be honest they have not done that with any of the current phantasy star games.
Well, I would disagree - PSO was significantly improved when it moved to the GameCube and Xbox from the Dreamcast, and again when it moved to the PC in Blue Burst. PSU is just an absolute mess, regardless of platform.

You missed the part about how it was specifically designed to be a PS2 game, eh? Unless the process for adding in new things was streamlined from the get-go, re-engineering it to accept an update system like that isn't necessarily quick work. Considering that they're more than fine with unlocking on-disc content even for PC users, I'd say it's more likely a problem with the original product design, rather than what they would do had the product been designed for a more suitable platform in the first place.

The platform supports it, but the product... probably doesn't (by design).

ShinMaruku
Oct 19, 2011, 03:10 PM
It's kind of apparent to me that this game is not going to take advantage of the PC enough to make it completely separate from consoles.

At least if the "official" Sonic Team was making this game, it would be undeniably gorgeous (look at their sonic games). I see nothing on this game that wouldn't be easily possible on 360/PS3 hardware.

Them building it from the ground up means nothing. It's like a game stuck between last-gen and current-gen hardware expectations.

Indeed.
Then again what most of these folks are talking about almost no developer is making such things for monster pcs not everybody has one.

Sega hardly does push hardware any more.

Ecchi
Oct 19, 2011, 03:43 PM
Big difference between that and a game being designed from the ground up as a PC title.

Plus, what does upgraded textures or new effects have to do with anything? I don't think that's what people are talking about when they talk about supporting the game.

Umm gfx upgrades is supporting a game. Along with new content etc. If the game is 'truly' pc exclusive it should cater to anyone with high end pc's as well as all the junk hardware most ppl have. And wii-u who cares keep it pc only.

RemiusTA
Oct 19, 2011, 04:49 PM
Indeed.
Then again what most of these folks are talking about almost no developer is making such things for monster pcs not everybody has one.

Sega hardly does push hardware any more.

It's not so much that not everybody has one, it's more that not everybody can afford to, and everybody does not need to.

And there hasn't been a sonic game after Unleashed that didn't test the hardware it was placed on. Sega [sonic team] has always been known for outstanding graphics in their games.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 19, 2011, 05:22 PM
Umm gfx upgrades is supporting a game.
Not really.
If the game is 'truly' pc exclusive it should cater to anyone with high end pc's as well as all the junk hardware most ppl have.
Uh, no.
That's kind of the point. Maximum market penetration is critical for any game where a healthy online community determines success. Getting anywhere near the bleeding edge of tech could be a death sentence unless the engine is extremely scalable.
What this guy said. If they made it as graphically intensive even as, say, Sonic Generations, the required hardware would be ridiculous, because it's an online game where there's the potential for a lot of enemies, players, effects, etc. to be happening on-screen at the same time. Limiting an online game to such a tiny player-base (the people who have the money and motivation to have such monster PCs) is absurd unless you're really going for such a niche group. Pretty sure SEGA isn't, especially in Japan where PC-gaming is less popular than in EU/US (as far as I'm aware).

It seems to me that they are making the engine pretty scalable, judging by the wide range of graphics qualities we saw in the alpha vids. And that's not even the final product.

RemiusTA
Oct 19, 2011, 08:20 PM
I do wonder if Sega would have any trouble using the Unleashed/Generations engine with Phantasy Star. I was so excited for the game because i THOUGHT they would be using the technology for it, but it seems to be just a higher-poly version of whatever they used on PSU/PSP2.

The engine sega spent 3 years making for Unleashed was supposed to allow for really well-done lighting and fast loading textures, or something similar to that. Either way, Unleashed/Generations ran through environments at ridiculous speeds and maintained a very impressive draw distance at the same time, also with pretty decent detail on everything up close. It struggled to maintain it's framerate at times, but it still looked amazing, and Generations is looking just as good. And they also seemed to use that experience when developing Sonic Colors, because that game also looked VERY good for a Wii title.

A PS game wouldn't need you to move around nearly as much as a Sonic game would, so maybe they could focus all the assets on a smaller area? Well too late now, but it'd have been neat to see. PSO2 isn't ugly at all, but it just doesn't stand up to some of these other games...

ShinMaruku
Oct 19, 2011, 09:54 PM
Generations is made on 360 tech the requirements for that would be peanuts.
And I would not even put Sonic Team as people truly pushing anything. I mean compared to Naughty Dog,Id Dice, Crytek and Square they are still behind the curve. Where they do excel is in art style and usage of colours.

Kent
Oct 20, 2011, 04:32 PM
From a technical standpoint, the way that levels are streamed in Sonic Unleashed is actually pretty impressive once you consider exactly how much ground is being covered not only at a rather high velocity, but also the fact that it's in generally one direction. That memory management technology they built allows a lot of data to go in and out of memory in real-time, compared to more traditional methods.

The primary reason the game looks so good (and runs so efficiently) is that real-time lighting is only used on non-static elements (such as characters and rings), whereas everything else has static lighting and shadows baked into the textures, saving on a lot a graphics processing power.

But it's not just the fact that lighting is pre-rendered in the textures, but also how it's done - they build the levels with the textures first, and used a process to generate world-lighting in a consistent manner across the entire level, effectively generating very high-quality highlights and shadows onto the textures used in the game.

You can get really high-quality graphics out very efficiently when you're not doing that kind of work in real-time.

I am rather curious as to whether that same engine is being used for PSO2, or if they just rolled a new one for it. Judging by the nighttime levels in Unleashed, I'd say the engine is already viable for a non-Sonic-paced action game.

ShinMaruku
Oct 20, 2011, 05:32 PM
I doubt that because I think pso2 has alot more running under the hood. I'd expect a substancially different engine in how it handles things. Plus in SOnic they have a much better way to control what you see.
And as for running smooth some of those Sonic games ran like ass on PS3. And the latest one did run like ass at e3 when they went 3d. :P
Maybe it will change but I would reserve judgement until I see them really put in work.

HappierWorlds
Oct 21, 2011, 02:28 PM
Fyi: someone posted this over @GameFaqs.
I too think this could be a great addition to Wii.

yoshiblue
Oct 21, 2011, 03:00 PM
Offtopic: I love how sometimes when you talk about another forum, people start bashing on it.

Macman
Oct 21, 2011, 03:25 PM
Well GameFAQs deserves every bit of crap it gets.

HappyPenguin
Oct 21, 2011, 07:40 PM
Mods hurry! Lock this thread!
We have been over this before.
JUST PC For now

yoshiblue
Oct 21, 2011, 08:02 PM
We know, we'er just talking about it on the wii U sheesh.

NoiseHERO
Oct 21, 2011, 08:10 PM
Every gamer in the world is a game designer so, we're having this conversation.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 22, 2011, 02:23 AM
Every gamer in the world thinks he is a game designer but doesn't actually know the first thing about it any more than a fat person knows how to be a gourmet chef so, we're having this conversation.
Fix'd.

RLbitClassica
Oct 22, 2011, 10:40 AM
what's with the negativity everyone? I'm just a guy who wants Phantasy star on wii U. I don't care if it's PSO 2 or not, i just think that there's great potential for phantasy star on Wii U.

(BTW, i think It's rather selfish/stingy of others to hope PSO 2 stays PC only)

Ark22
Oct 22, 2011, 10:50 AM
Necro-bump, much?

...But anyway, there are plenty of things that Wii U's tablet controller could be used for. Saying that it's a bad idea not to make a Phantasy Star game for it... Is a little pre-emptive, don't you think?

I mean, look at how many games for the 3DS got outright canceled after the system's launch back in March completely bombed. Of course Nintendo needs software to sell the hardware (which has always been their mantra, despite ironically, the lack of software anyone cared about is what drove 3DS sales into the ground before the unprecedented price drop), but you might also notice that by and large, developers of AAA games have been avoiding the Wii like the plague, and pretty much the only developers that haven't abandoned ship on the 3DS are the ones that are either owned by or moneyhatted by Nintendo to keep the thing afloat.

I could go on about what needs to happen with the Wii U, but suffice it to say, it'd actually be a much smarter option to go with the two platforms that actually matter in this generation.

A loosely-associated set of anonymous peers that can only reliably play with one another through arrangements made outside of the relevant service.

That's their definition, anyway.

Honestly I blame them for naming it the 3DS instead of something else, like ever dream or some crap. Because parents will be like "Oh, Legend of Zelda for the ds, let me get it for their DS" Since they came out with some many DS's they won't know if that one is knew or just another model :3. BUT HEY! PSO2 for WIIU?! Would be like the nostalgia from playing pso on the gamecube =)

Kent
Oct 22, 2011, 11:49 AM
BUT HEY! PSO2 for WIIU?! Would be like the nostalgia from playing pso on the gamecube =)
Just like the nostalgia the rest of us would have for playing it on the Dreamcast, were it on the 360! :D

NoiseHERO
Oct 22, 2011, 12:07 PM
Just like the nostalgia the rest of us would have for playing it on the Dreamcast, were it on the 360! :D

unless the wii-u can use gamecube controllers, you both sound crazy!

Ark22
Oct 22, 2011, 03:23 PM
unless the wii-u can use gamecube controllers, you both sound crazy!

Good thing I have a classic controller

NoiseHERO
Oct 22, 2011, 03:29 PM
Good thing I have a classic controller

No I mean... unless I'm using the gamecube controller... won't feel like I'm playing PSO on gamecube...

Unless the Wii-U is going to be a purple lunch bo- Indigo Cube.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 22, 2011, 04:47 PM
(BTW, i think It's rather selfish/stingy of others to hope PSO 2 stays PC only)
No more selfish than it is of you to want PSO2 for whatever console simply because you're too poor/cheap/computer illiterate/whatever to have or want to use a PC that can play PSO2.

PSO2 having console variants would have consequences for the way the game is handled on the PC, unless they are kept totally, 100% separate. I doubt SEGA wants to have several separate communities to support, along with all the crap that comes with dealing with Microsoft and Sony (I dunno how Nintendo is about supporting third-party online services).

RemiusTA
Oct 22, 2011, 04:48 PM
Every gamer in the world is a game designer so, we're having this conversation.

xD

/forum

and Wii-U is probably going to be awesome for a year or two. And then PS4+Vita and Xbox orbit will come out and put them to shame.

And then Nintendo will continue to shit on hardcore gamers with sum bullllllshit while simultaneously getting lots of money

RLbitClassica
Oct 22, 2011, 06:59 PM
No more selfish than it is of you to want PSO2 for whatever console simply because you're too poor/cheap/computer illiterate/whatever to have or want to use a PC that can play PSO2.

So you're essentially saying that I'm wrong because you like to play on PC and I don't.

Oh, and Phantasy star has never been a PC exclusive series so YEAH, i do have want it on other consoles.

Anon_Fire
Oct 22, 2011, 07:14 PM
Phantasy star has never been a PC exclusive series so YEAH, i do have want it on other consoles.

Don't start this argument again, because this will be locked for sure.

Randomness
Oct 22, 2011, 07:18 PM

Monster Hunter Tri. Basically the same system PSO used for games, in fact...

I can see PSO working out great on the Wii U. That said, I do not expect one for it.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 22, 2011, 08:24 PM
So you're essentially saying that I'm wrong because you like to play on PC and I don't.
Apparently you failed to read/comprehend the paragraph following the one you quoted.

No, I'm saying you're wrong because SEGA has made the decision that the advantages of having PSO2 as a PC-exclusive outweigh the cons. The actual discussion of the pros/cons has been hashed and rehashed and, as pointed out, going into a PC vs. console debate is just going to lead to getting the topic locked so let's not.

The only thing I will say is that you could easily build a cheap HTPC to hook up to your living room/bedroom/whatever TV if sitting at a desk in front of a computer monitor is your hold-up with PC gaming. Not to mention all the other things an HTPC can do for you besides just playing PSO2 on it.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2011, 01:56 AM
Will you dipshits quit with the PC vs Console argument? nobody gives a shit how powerful your loud dust collector is, play your games and stfu already.

Jesus. I mean who really cares what the other guy is playing his games on? PSO2 could be PS3/PC at this point and the players on the internet could probably NEVER be able to tell a difference. Leave that dumb shit on Gamefaqs/IGNorance/Youtube or wherever the crap it started and talk about something else.

They both do the exact same thing, one just takes a 4th of the effort to maintain and comes with a controller. Sure, the other one can play games on higher settings, but it's upgradable and therefore its capacity for graphics is higher, which is common sense...but doesn't change the fact that there isn't TOO much you can possibly do on a PC exclusive that can't be done on a fucking console -- this has been proven tons of times over, and probably won't change anytime soon.

so shaddup already, i'd much rather listen to people yap about spines instead. At least i can laugh at that.

Macman
Oct 23, 2011, 06:08 PM
Wii-U won't have a harddrive. We all saw how well that went with PSU PS2.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2011, 06:43 PM
> Nintendo
> internet, hardware and storage space

pick one

Sinue_v2
Oct 23, 2011, 07:40 PM
the fact that there isn't TOO much you can possibly do on a PC exclusive that can't be done on a fucking console -- this has been proven tons of times over, and probably won't change anytime soon.

The only thing the PC can really do to enhance a game experience far above and beyond what consoles are capable of is community mods. Everything else is either doable, has been done, needs just a bit of enabling on the business side, or is a fucking pipe dream.

And good luck getting community mods on PSO2 on the official servers.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2011, 08:55 PM
Mods are the best about PC gaming, hands down. It's the only thing consoles can't really do.w

But it's amazing to see what the SSBB community has done with on the WII and smash brothers brawl. That's a rare case though.

Anyway, to move this conversation in another direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyBKUiq3dU

Just bought this game 3 days ago. This game's soundtrack is absolutely astonishing. For some reason though, this song reminded me of PSO. Probably because one of the melodies towards the beginning is almost identical to one used in the PSO EPIII theme song.

I honestly wish the full Sonic Team was in charge of this game.

NoiseHERO
Oct 23, 2011, 09:05 PM
Mods are the best about PC gaming, hands down. It's the only thing consoles can't really do.w

But it's amazing to see what the SSBB community has done with on the WII and smash brothers brawl. That's a rare case though.

Anyway, to move this conversation in another direction:

Sonic Unleashed : Adabat - Jungle Joyride Night - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NyBKUiq3dU)

Just bought this game 3 days ago. This game's soundtrack is absolutely astonishing. For some reason though, this song reminded me of PSO. Probably because one of the melodies towards the beginning is almost identical to one used in the PSO EPIII theme song.

I honestly wish the full Sonic Team was in charge of this game.

Also got this recently but I feel like the only parts I like about the night stages is how pretty they are and the music... Which once the monsters pop up the music becomes annoying. And of course you're forced to play the night stages just as often as the day stages to unlock more stages. So yeah I haven't beaten it yet because of this.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2011, 09:25 PM
Honestly, after all the chatter, i expected the night stages to be COMPLETE fucking trash. But i actually have been thoroughly enjoying them.

A few aspects are kind of wonky (positioning for certain actions with the circle button), but once i found out that you can HOLD the circle button to auto grab a ledge, the game became alot more fun. Not to mention, the combat engine is actually surprisingly solid. The moves are animated decently, and the combat actually feels like it works the way it's supposed to for the most part. It actually feels more polished than God of War 3 to be completely honest. Before i played it, the game looked like an obvious GoW ripoff, but after playing it, something about it seems to set it apart i guess.

The game has its downer points, but i really have gained a bit of respect from Sonic Team.

Also got this recently but I feel like the only parts I like about the night stages is how pretty they are and the music... Which once the monsters pop up the music becomes annoying. this, this, this, this x 1000. I'd enjoy the Werehog sections of the game SOOOOO MUCH BETTER if they simply never included that fucking battle music. The level tracks themselves would be just perfect.

If this game had no framerate issues (werehog sections are plagued with them, i assume because of the fur shaders on Sonic), it'd also be much better. Certain stages and spots can hit a constant 60FPS on PS3 and it's absolutely beautiful (Day Holoska for example), but some werehog sections just have terrible framerate dips. But yeah, after actually playing the game i feel like critics definitely unfairly panned this game. It has some pretty big shortcomings, but nothing that makes it unenjoyable for me to the point where i'd give it a 4.5 and never play it. I do admit i recently hit a snag where im required, out of nowhere, to have an extra 25 Sun Medals to get to this last day stage before the final stage, which is the only reason i havent beaten the game now because it'll require alot of backtracking.

But regardless, i gained alot of respect for the new Sonic Team that they put together to create this game. These are the guys who created Sonic Colors (pretty much universal good reception) and Generations (which is getting good reception and it isnt even out yet), which means they quickly learn from mistakes when it comes to pleasing their fans without bullshit. Werehog was definitely a step out there, but stuff like that is what Sonic Team USED to be known to do to their games. The battle engine was pretty solid, and the game actually makes extensive and pretty decent use out of its interactive physics engine (i haven't come across too many, if any, physics glitches on the werehog stages). Along with their OBVIOUS genius in creating pretty environments, i'd actually be much more interested to see what they could muster up if they were creating PSO2 from the ground up.

[spoiler-box]not to mention i stopped playing for a while on this stage to eat some pizza i ordered

here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjL_OmQAq8)

and i swear it probably looped like 3 times before i did anything else.

[/spoiler-box]

RLbitClassica
Oct 23, 2011, 09:30 PM
Apparently you failed to read/comprehend the paragraph following the one you quoted.

No, I'm saying you're wrong because SEGA has made the decision that the advantages of having PSO2 as a PC-exclusive outweigh the cons. The actual discussion of the pros/cons has been hashed and rehashed and, as pointed out, going into a PC vs. console debate is just going to lead to getting the topic locked so let's not.

The only thing I will say is that you could easily build a cheap HTPC to hook up to your living room/bedroom/whatever TV if sitting at a desk in front of a computer monitor is your hold-up with PC gaming. Not to mention all the other things an HTPC can do for you besides just playing PSO2 on it.

You're right, I just lightly scanned your reply and therefore didn't fully process quite what you were saying---and you're pretty much spot on.
I absolutely despise PC gaming. I don't know exactly why, i'm not computer illiterate, I can afford a gaming PC(after a little saving that is) and i use my PC for every other aspect of my life, but I just don't feel right playing PC games. It has to be on a console or handheld device for me.
So on that note, I am being selfish and it would kill me to not see the newest game in my absolute favorite game franchise not get released on a console i play.

There, I said it.

P.S. Apologies for any ass-holish remarks on my part.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2011, 09:43 PM
PC enthusiasts have a life mission to make absolutely sure everyone who plays videogames on consoles understands that they are stupid for not trashing said console and doing everything on their computer.

Just ignore them. They are such geniuses that they can not comprehend when someone simply does not care.

NoiseHERO
Oct 23, 2011, 09:44 PM
You're right, I just lightly scanned your reply and therefore didn't fully process quite what you were saying---and you're pretty much spot on.
I absolutely despise PC gaming. I don't know exactly why, i'm not computer illiterate, I can afford a gaming PC(after a little saving that is) and i use my PC for every other aspect of my life, but I just don't feel right playing PC games. It has to be on a console or handheld device for me.
So on that note, I am being selfish and it would kill me to not see the newest game in my absolute favorite game franchise not get released on a console i play.

There, I said it.

P.S. Apologies for any ass-holish remarks on my part.

I only really feel this way with roms...

To be honest I'm only going to be playing PSO2, who cares about gaming PC's when I could care less about consoles video games suck now anyway. I'm sure it can't be as complicated as people are REALLY trying to make it, JUST to play this game in general.

Either way everyone refuses to accept either side of the argument so just drooooooooooooop it.

RLbitClassica
Oct 23, 2011, 10:14 PM
PC enthusiasts have a life mission to make absolutely sure everyone who plays videogames on consoles understands that they are stupid for not trashing said console and doing everything on their computer.

Just ignore them. They are such geniuses that they can not comprehend when someone simply does not care.

I know, right? Every PC gamer I know has an elitist snob-like attitude about them when it comes to games on consoles. Kinda like when I look down on people for not using Charmin toilet paper, or when my parents look down on me for not going to tugboat school.

yoshiblue
Oct 23, 2011, 10:25 PM
So what happens when you combine PC gamer snobs with Mac snobs?

RLbitClassica
Oct 23, 2011, 10:37 PM
Probably the same result as dividing by zero,: It would create a rift through the space-time continuum. Cars would run off of a hybrid of condensed helium and brain waves, people would eat their vegetables and Ron Paul would be the dictator of the New world order.

Sinue_v2
Oct 23, 2011, 10:42 PM
So what happens when you combine PC gamer snobs with Mac snobs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjpn3L3bSJQ

yoshiblue
Oct 23, 2011, 10:46 PM
Heh. What if it had games for it though. Don't answer that.

NoiseHERO
Oct 23, 2011, 10:54 PM
HEY! GAMING IS A WAY OF LIFE!

IF PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR RELIGIONS CAN FIGHT OVER TRIVIAL DIFFERENCES UNDER THE SAME GOD.

GAMERS CAN FIGHT OVER TRIVIAL DIFFERENCES UNDER THE SAME GAME!

SO SHUT UP!

yoshiblue
Oct 23, 2011, 10:55 PM
Only difference is said people who fight under a god also break one of the ten commandments.

NoiseHERO
Oct 23, 2011, 11:01 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GAMING?!

YOU HAVE TO BE ICE COLD OUT ON THE BATTLEFIED 3 WARZONE! ICE COLD, BABY!

THERE'S NO TIME FOR CONTROLLERS IN MY PC GAMING COMMANDMENTS! PC GAMERS GOTTA SHOW EVERYONE WE'RE GENETICALLY DIFFERENT, BABY!

Garnet_Moon
Oct 23, 2011, 11:25 PM
Console limitations make me lean towards a "no", but if it's designed around the PC and then ported to PS3 with tweaks it'd be fine.

I'm not going to comment on a 360 port since Microsoft XBL will never in a million years allow their players to share servers with PC players AND PS3 players, let alone a Nintendo console.

Also, wagglin' remotes is dangerous. A friend of mine nearly put his eye out when he lost control of his remote. Split his eyebrow open though. We don't need to associate PSO2 with bodily harm...

Macman
Oct 23, 2011, 11:26 PM
So what happens when you combine PC gamer snobs with Mac snobs?You get a PC gamer snob that's also a hipster.

RemiusTA
Oct 23, 2011, 11:44 PM
DONT NEED CONSOLES -- COMPUTERS ARE STRONGER

DONT NEED TVS -- COMPUTERS HAVE MONITORS

DONT NEED CONTROLLERS -- COMPUTERS HAVE USB PORTS

DONT NEED FINGERS -- JAPAN IS WORKING ON NEURAL REMOTES

DONT NEED TOASTERS -- COMPUTERS GET PRETTY HOT

DONT NEED FRIENDS -- SMARTCHILD

NoiseHERO
Oct 23, 2011, 11:57 PM
DONT NEED CONSOLES -- COMPUTERS ARE STRONGER

DONT NEED TVS -- COMPUTERS HAVE MONITORS

DONT NEED CONTROLLERS -- COMPUTERS HAVE USB PORTS

DONT NEED FINGERS -- JAPAN IS WORKING ON NEURAL REMOTES

DONT NEED TOASTERS -- COMPUTERS GET PRETTY HOT

DONT NEED FRIENDS -- SMARTCHILD

You forgot

don't have to travel or vacation - google maps

Don't need to cook - order food online

no sex needed - infinite amount of porn

no doctor needed - yahoo answers

no job needed - google ads

In about 3 decades the only thing the average person will need to survive and stay entertained is google

no house needed - PC came with a box

Kent
Oct 24, 2011, 02:07 PM
WHAT ABOUT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GAMING?!
There's not ten of them - because we're smart enough to boil it down to a lower number.

1. Play and let play.
2. Don't be a dick, idiot, or any combination thereof.
3. Play before you judge.
4. Winner stays.

So really, the act of being a PC gaming elitist? Heresy.

yoshiblue
Oct 24, 2011, 03:53 PM
Send forth the Inquisitors!

Macman
Oct 24, 2011, 04:41 PM
DONT NEED FRIENDS -- SMARTCHILDPeople still use that?

Yata The Prophet
Oct 24, 2011, 08:02 PM
OK I found that thread on GF. Would have edited my original post here but it won't let me add the URL.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/60711050

Time to register for a whole bunch of sites and drum up PSO2 support.
That's how we roll in the PSO-W. whoop

kyuuketsuki
Oct 24, 2011, 10:14 PM
OK I found that thread on GF. Would have edited my original post here but it won't let me add the URL.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/60711050

Time to register for a whole bunch of sites and drum up PSO2 support.
That's how we roll in the PSO-W. whoop
Why would anyone want to drum up support for a Wii-U launch release of PSO2 that's not gonna happen? o_0