PDA

View Full Version : MOST ATTACK DAMAGE AS CAST GUNMASTER.

NEXTEL CUP
Oct 18, 2011, 11:04 PM
So I am a GUNMASTER CAST and have just reached level 180. Now that I have AP points I want to GAS myself so that I can do the most attack damage with a SHOTGUN. Here is what I think does the most Attack Damage; Please response and suggest and maybe we can turn this thread into how to do the most damage with a SHOTGUN as a CAST GUNMASTER.

TYPE CUSTOM:

BASIC ABILITES: max 8

Choice: STRENGTH+: Adds 30 ATP per level. Maximum boost of 150 ATP at LV5.

I would use 5 points maxing to the 150 ATP. Then spend rest on MAXIUM HP+.

SPECIAL ABILITIES: max 6

Choice: FULL CUSTOM POWER: Weapons which have been upgraded to 10/10 receive a 10% boost to their attack/TECHNIC power based upon the attack/TECHNIC power of the weapon at 0/10. Maximum boost of 20% at LV2.

I would use 4 on FULL CUSTOM POWER and have 2 remaining since it takes another 4 to get the next level bonus.

WEAPON SKILLS: max 10

Choice: SHOTGUN DAMAGE+: Increases target weapon attack power by 4%. Can be used only by Gunmasters. Cost 2 points.

Also: SHOTGUN ELEMENT+: Increases target weapon element by 3%. Cost 2 points.

Leaves 6 points that you can use. Does anyone know if I buy RIGHT HAND+ and LEFT HAND+ if it will help my 2 handed shotgun? Anyways, I would burn the 6 points on increase attack of my secondary weapon and defense to take advantage of REVENGE BLASTER chosen later on.

ATTRIBUTES AND RESISTANCE: max 22

Choice: Nothing helps for GUNMASTER here. I would just choose something to boost my defense. Probably CONFU RESIST+.

STYLE CUSTOMAZATIONS:

WEAPON STYLES: Can only choose 1.

Choice: REVENGE BLASTER: You become more powerful as your HP decreases. This is Expensive at 20 points, but by far it is the best to boost your attack.

SHIELD STYLES: Can only choose 1.

Choice: RAGAN’S BREATH: Nothing here boosts attack. So I would just boost health so I have more.

EXTRA:Can only choose 1.

Choice: AVENGE: Temporarily boosts your attack power when allies are incapacitated.

So those are my picks that I think would make me do the most attack damage with a SHOTGUN as a GUNMASTER CAST. If you have any tips or if you think there is a better way please post. I would love to hear your thoughts. If you have a different character and want to make a road map, cut and paste my post to word and use it as a template. Let’s GAS these classes out!!!!

Anna_Wren
Oct 19, 2011, 01:28 AM
Ehem, you don't seem to understand that GAS doesn't work that way.
Here, for example: You say you will spend a total of 4 points on your weapon skills.
In fact, you will only spend two of your allocated slots, not 4. Each upgrade Costs 1 slot, not the required AP. This is strange because you correctly guess the Base stats.

Same with Full Custom power. That will take 2 of your 6, not 4.

Hope this helps you out.

Also, Avenge is a terrible Gunmaster Extra skill, I'd go with Double Time (longer lasting buff items), Pharmacy or Trusty Partner (Good for solo, as Bruce does decent GB damage and heals).

Ilikelamp7
Oct 19, 2011, 02:02 AM
It's ok the max damage a gunmaster can do with a shotgun is what I do normally as a Fortegunner.

RagolianHunter
Oct 19, 2011, 06:43 AM
It's ok the max damage a gunmaster can do with a shotgun is what I do normally as a Fortegunner.

But, gunmaster shoots faster...

TheAstarion
Oct 19, 2011, 06:44 AM
Yeah, Fortegunner has an unfair amount of ATP, almost as much as a Fortefighter. a FG killing something in one pump is faster than a GM killing something in two quicker pumps.

str898mustang
Oct 19, 2011, 07:06 AM
to do the most damage as a GM? You gotta join JP PSU and get the missouri set to do that, lol.

.Rusty.
Oct 19, 2011, 04:37 PM
Also, Avenge is a terrible Gunmaster Extra skill

Avenge is the best if you are in a party no matter what class you play.

Nextel you might wanna get Exact Counter Damage+

padiwac
Oct 19, 2011, 04:47 PM
Or just wait until the GBR this week when the first of the missouri set hits the 360.

Ilikelamp7
Oct 19, 2011, 04:50 PM
You mean the A rank handguns Fortegunner will be able to use to outdamage a Gunmaster's guld & millas and make them useless? (Not saying the weren't useless already)

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 19, 2011, 05:04 PM
You mean the A rank handguns Fortegunner will be able to use to outdamage a Gunmaster's guld & millas and make them useless? (Not saying the weren't useless already)
sounds about right :-)

.Rusty.
Oct 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
You forgot the reskin part and the name that is created by slapping a keyboard with a sack of old dreamcasts.

Ilikelamp7
Oct 19, 2011, 05:20 PM
You're damn right I did thanks for spotting that one.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 19, 2011, 05:24 PM
You're damn right I did thanks for spotting that one.
lets hope they're guld&milla reskins :D

.Rusty.
Oct 19, 2011, 05:27 PM
Probably Arb Magana.

Lumpen Thingy
Oct 19, 2011, 05:34 PM
Probably Arb Magana.
fine with that like those more then what the weapon was suppose to be anyways

Oct 19, 2011, 10:36 PM
Avenge is a terrible Gunmaster Extra skill, I'd go with Double Time (longer lasting buff items), Pharmacy or Trusty Partner (Good for solo, as Bruce does decent GB damage and heals).[/QUOTE]

Actually Avenge is great for any class, i use it with gunmaster and pwn things cause there is always someone who will die in your squad, you mix that with maxed out fcp, rb, strength, cr and cm you will get anywhere 1.6k - 2.8k per bullet with shotgun with normal buff items, 2.4k -3.3k with acrotecher buffs, but thats just me, not saying that the others skills dont do well i just like to take the most damage

chaos-shadow
Oct 20, 2011, 02:36 PM
Hmm, personally some things I would pick... Attack Accuracy over HP. I always tend to go for boosts in stats versus a few extra HP.

Also, I would pick some other shield style over the Ragan. I personally like something like Photon Barrier? The one that helps with getting attacked by Technics.

Also, since you are concentrating on shotgun, you'll want 2-handed upgrade, not left and right (those are for since handed items like wands and pistols.)

RemiusTA
Oct 21, 2011, 11:20 AM
> gunmaster outdamaged by fortegunner

lol, o this game....

TheAstarion
Oct 21, 2011, 11:46 AM

Twin Rubies with 180% ATP modifier > Guld Milla with 150% ATP modifier.

And who uses twin handguns all the time anywASSUMING SHOTGUN CONTROL.

Selphea
Oct 21, 2011, 06:07 PM
> gunmaster outdamaged by fortegunner

lol, o this game....

Only under certain conditions. By that logic FFs outdamage AFs and FMs too

Keilyn
Oct 21, 2011, 06:12 PM
It should be viewed as "#of hits" to make a kill vs pure max damage potential.

Gunners have the depth of the field to consider and don't have to approach a target. They can let a target come to them vs melee characters who have to chase after enemies. Gunners can literally sit there with their rifles to stack an SE and when an enemy approaches switch to short-range direct weapons....

Tactically speaking gunners have it made when it comes to positioning and movement. Forces and Hunters have to establish a position and stack damage based on that positioning. The gamble is in the enemies not getting outside your battle sphere.

HappyPenguin
Oct 21, 2011, 07:38 PM
Are we still on this? XD
But i like Acrotechers and Fortefighters