PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 on the 360

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 08:27 AM
so a while back my friend pointed me to this:

http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2721/Phantasy-Star-Online-2/

Now, im not gunna say that this is anything official, or if it is a slip, or if it is pure speculation. but the news of this made me literally jump for joy "at work during a shift i might add". me being a PSOX (xbox) player since 2003, this makes me very excite...
HOWEVER........
as i said, i cant be 100% sure this is finalized information. does any1 else have any insight on this? or even comments? (because as much as i dont think so... there are a ton of people who think PSO2 should be PC only)

Ecchi
Oct 24, 2011, 08:53 AM
No......

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 08:58 AM
lol Ecchi i think i remember you from somewhere else.

but "no" what tho? no it;s not hapening? no you dont want it to happen? no, you just spilled your drink near your keyboard?

Ce'Nedra
Oct 24, 2011, 09:08 AM
Ain't gonna happen

Anon_Fire
Oct 24, 2011, 09:18 AM
That's false information.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 24, 2011, 10:05 AM
Didn't we have another thread just like this, with someone pointing to another list (or even maybe the same list) of unreleased 360 games, or is it just me?

RLbitClassica
Oct 24, 2011, 10:13 AM
I saw that a while back too. I'm pretty certain that it's fake.

Anon_Fire
Oct 24, 2011, 10:24 AM
Please, let's not start another PC vs Console thread. :(

This has been beaten to death many times than I can care to count. Just let it go.

ashley50
Oct 24, 2011, 10:47 AM
no...just no.

Zorafim
Oct 24, 2011, 11:15 AM
No data to support this information. I don't know why they would put this up.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2011, 11:18 AM
This is basically the effect of trying to give life to an already dead topic, but making a new zombie topic instead.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 11:22 AM
Let's start from your first mistake... "PSO2 on X console" No matter what the reason...

How did you THINK this thread would end? *holds in laughter*

MUDGRIP
Oct 24, 2011, 11:38 AM
a friend told me that it will only be relased in europe for the xbox and only 5,000 copies of the game will be made. That is from a reliable source so I believe it and so should you.

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
a friend told me that it will only be relased in europe for the xbox and only 5,000 copies of the game will be made. That is from a reliable source so I believe it and so should you.

this quote here displays the awesome power of the internet

not only does his reliable source know the release date of a game that doesn't even have a release date in the country it's developed in, but he knows specific locations and the number of units that will be shipped.

Your reliable source is about as reliable as....well, i can't think of a funny joke today. Your source is shit.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 11:59 AM
this quote here displays the awesome power of the internet

not only does his reliable source know the release date of a game that doesn't even have a release date in the country it's developed in, but he knows specific locations and the number of units that will be shipped.

Your reliable source is about as reliable as....well, i can't think of a funny joke today. Your source is shit.

Wait he wasn't trolling?

WAIT WAS I SUPPOSED TO BE PLAYING ALONG??

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2011, 12:26 PM
....i dont know anymore you have confused me

Zarode
Oct 24, 2011, 12:53 PM
My uncle at Nintendo told me the reason why the game is being made on the PC is because it is a lot easier to transfer data and make more drastic changes on it than any other platform, pre-release.

I want you dumb idiots to have the game, too, but seriously, I want them to get it perfect before they package it into babby-feed for the contards.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2011, 12:54 PM
Yeah. It was at least making fun of that whole internet *reliable source* thing.

On the other hand, I'm with Zarode on the whole, we should let Sonic Team focus on a single platform now, so they can get things right. That's probably what helped get PSO to achieve the level of love it has today. The thing concentrated on a single platform for a while before it decided to include other platforms. It went all the way up to Episode 1 and 2 concentrating only on 1 single platform at a time. Then they included multiple platforms. I think that helped. Perhaps this same approach can help them work out kinks in a timely manner and get the game right before they split platforms.

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2011, 12:54 PM
lol

i hope you're trolling

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2011, 01:07 PM
^ He wasn't just trolling. He went oldschool. He took the Uncle, who works at Nintendo meme, which was the *thing* before the *reliable source* took over from it. It's like after somebody raps a line from 50 cent, someone comes in and says, "I'm the King of Rock!! There is none Higher!!"

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2011, 01:09 PM
Uncle, who works at Nintendo meme

wowwww i completely overlooked that part.

This forum does funny things to your head because u guys are stupid

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2011, 01:15 PM
This thread was doomed, from the start, to keep intellectual expectations low. What did you expect?

•Col•
Oct 24, 2011, 01:22 PM
No.

/thread

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 01:52 PM
hmmm, so it seems the cool thing is to assume the OP is a gullible 12 year old that is saying for fact that this information is true. we are also assuming that he/she made this thread with the knowledge of there already being a like thread.

well now that you guys have had fun at my expense, Ryna can come and close this thread.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 01:55 PM
hmmm, so it seems the cool thing is to assume the OP is a gullible 12 year old that is saying for fact that this information is true. we are also assuming that he/she made this thread with the knowledge of there already being a like thread.

well now that you guys have had fun at my expense, Ryna can come and close this thread.

Nah, it IS cool to assume this thread was going to be locked the second we saw the title for it.

AND THAT NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO SAVE YER OWN ASS AT THE LAST MINUTE!

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 01:56 PM
well until this thread is closed, i will humor you. how am i saving my own ass?

blace
Oct 24, 2011, 01:58 PM
http://discoveringalcoholic.com/wp-content/uploads/images/deadhorsebeating.gif

Just stop.

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2011, 02:01 PM
I'm not making fun of the OP in the least. Just that threads, just like this one, have a long history of being locked here because of what they eventually bring. Nowadays, jumping in with stupid humor is about the only way to douse the flames before they even get started, with the hope that the thread gets closed quickly.

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 02:01 PM
http://discoveringalcoholic.com/wp-content/uploads/images/deadhorsebeating.gif

Just stop.

lol. (i did legitimately chuckle in class just now)

EvilMag
Oct 24, 2011, 02:02 PM
I'm still gonna laugh if at the last minute they do announce a console port of PSO2.

RemiusTA
Oct 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
I'm still gonna laugh if at the last minute they do announce a console port of PSO2.

oh how i will laugh.

People will probably act just like they did when the jp players obviously bitched about the dodge-cancel abuse even though it was impossible for any of us to tell it was broken without touching the game

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 02:08 PM
I wasn't dissin' OP either, or not really, not till now at least. But seriously this thread was a bad idea.

And I think it's pretty obvious; even blace's gif and akaimizu's explanation.

@ Evil mag, if it works and SEGA does it, nobody will really care. in fact both sides of this argument are acting pretty lame.

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 02:12 PM
@Akaimizu: i suppose so, the last time i seriously posted here was before PSU was released, and at least during that time people could speculate and make "what if's" with the knowledge we are just having fun guessing, and that no1 is gullible enough to "know" a fact about the game until it comes directly from the source.

and i guess EvilMag posted just the kind of response that would end up in the thread being closed

<care bear mode>
you could have easily stated when you just did in a non aggressive way. AKA. such a post just begs for a flame war to start, and for some one to defend against or attack with. its clear that with your post, you have a set mind set that wont really easily be changed (or you at least wont admit to it if it does happen), and you only posted to start your own LOL-fest, which this post itself will easily provide for you.
</care bear mode>

@Mich: yea... seeing the reaction, i will def not make a post like this again :P

Asilentfart
Oct 24, 2011, 02:24 PM
The intelligence of this forums is retarded. Instead of pointing out valid cons and pros it's spam. Yes it's fake, a console version has neither been confirmed or denied by sega or Microsoft. In my personal opinion I don't see why there wouldn't be one, seeing how PSU faired on x360. I don't see it anywhere in the forseeable future for two reasons, 1: the game hasn't even been released in it's home country and won't be for at least 6 months, not to mention it takes the rest of the world longer then that. 2: I'm pretty sure IGN had an article on Microsoft showing their new console E3 2013 with a 2013 release date. By the time a console version was in discussion, the x360 will be 7 years old. A dinosaur.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 02:29 PM
The intelligence of this forums is retarded. Instead of pointing out valid cons and pros it's spam.

It's because this arguments already been gone over for about 40 pages in at least 8 other threads.(Not exaggerating, it's probably more) At this point it's like "What's the point of taking anything seriously."

Besides... This is your first post on whatever this account is and your name is a silent fart. Welcome to the other side of the glass wall you've been lurking this forum with!

ANIMEniac
Oct 24, 2011, 02:36 PM
^ yea making a new thread after a long absence or as a new poster is a lose-lose. on one hand I sat and looked through the last 3 pages to see if my topic was posted recently (i obviously could have done more research but i had better things to do, like make repeat threads). but on the other hand if you find a thread that is more than 24 hrs older than it's last post, and post in it to add your input, you get yelled at for thread necromancy.

sooooo moral is... i need to just post in new topics for about a month b4 i try to re-integrate with the forums '~'

Asilentfart
Oct 24, 2011, 02:37 PM
It's because this arguments already been gone over for about 40 pages in at least 8 other threads.(Not exaggerating, it's probably more) At this point it's like "What's the point of taking anything seriously."

Besides... This is your first post on whatever this account is and your name is a silent fart. Welcome to the other side of the glass wall you've been lurking this forum with!

It's my gamertag alias, why wouldn't I use it on forums of games I play using this gamertag. I understand exactly where you come from on it being discussed more times than can be counted. I admit calling users retarded was a step in the wrong direction. I just don't see why people would spam a topic that has been made 40+ times instead of stating it's false then reporting such topic to a moderator. That's just me, I'm not trying to start a flame war

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 02:41 PM
It's my gamertag alias, why wouldn't I use it on forums of games I play using this gamertag. I understand exactly where you come from on it being discussed more times than can be counted. I admit calling users retarded was a step in the wrong direction. I just don't see why people would spam a topic that has been made 40+ times instead of stating it's false then reporting such topic to a moderator. That's just me, I'm not trying to start a flame war

Oh, cause it's fun.

As I said,

Like your gamertag!

Akaimizu
Oct 24, 2011, 02:45 PM
Because people did that before. It took a bit of time for a moderator to close such a thing (understandable, by the way), and flame wars broke out. This place is definitely not safe from rabid system fan wars. Wasn't that safe even when PSU was getting ready to come out. Though it is oddly more tame in the Off-topic forum, funny enough.

This way, it's just a little fun, and only the topic gets beat down. :)

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 02:51 PM
Because people did that before. It took a bit of time for a moderator to close such a thing (understandable, by the way), and flame wars broke out. This place is definitely not safe from rabid system fan wars. Wasn't that safe even when PSU was getting ready to come out. Though it is oddly more tame in the Off-topic forum, funny enough.

This way, it's just a little fun, and only the topic gets beat down. :)

Because we're PS fans, PS + anything = crazy

Off topic isn't PS.

Zorafim
Oct 24, 2011, 03:03 PM
Just making sure. Sega did officially state that they were going to release this only for PC, and that no plans were being made to port this game to consoles, right? We should probably just save that link, and spam new topics with it every time it pops up.

Ecchi
Oct 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
Just making sure. Sega did officially state that they were going to release this only for PC, and that no plans were being made to port this game to consoles, right? We should probably just save that link, and spam new topics with it every time it pops up.

^This!!! ;)

EvilMag
Oct 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
Right now it will be PC but they could release it on consoles during PSO2's life. I don't know if that would happen but it could. Not saying it will and that I support it being on consoles.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 24, 2011, 10:10 PM
I'm pretty sure IGN had an article on Microsoft showing their new console E3 2013 with a 2013 release date. By the time a console version was in discussion, the x360 will be 7 years old. A dinosaur.
Irrelevant. They don't simply stop making games for a console because its successor comes out. PS2 games were still made (and still sold well) well after the PS3 was released.

Granted, the 360 is no PS2. But, the 360 is quite capable of running a (good) port of PSO2. It's not exactly a super-demanding game.

Not that I really care if they release console ports (as long as they're kept 100% separate), but it's patently false that there is no reason they wouldn't. There are especially good reasons they wouldn't deal with Microsoft and Xbox Live again.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 10:15 PM
PS360 seems like the consoles that people can't WAIT to drop, unlike PS2 which had a lot going on in terms awesomeness. No I can't elaborate on that.

Fenn777
Oct 24, 2011, 10:20 PM
They could release it in GCN. That would really get the nostalgia factor going.

NoiseHERO
Oct 24, 2011, 10:27 PM
It was already confirmed for dreamcast.

NicorTheDuke
Oct 25, 2011, 12:56 PM
Irrelevant. They don't simply stop making games for a console because its successor comes out. PS2 games were still made (and still sold well) well after the PS3 was released.

Granted, the 360 is no PS2. But, the 360 is quite capable of running a (good) port of PSO2. It's not exactly a super-demanding game.

Not that I really care if they release console ports (as long as they're kept 100% separate), but it's patently false that there is no reason they wouldn't. There are especially good reasons they wouldn't deal with Microsoft and Xbox Live again.

That shite they re-released on the 360 with no changes at all.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 26, 2011, 01:48 AM
That shite they re-released on the 360 with no changes at all.
Huh? What "shite"?

RLbitClassica
Oct 26, 2011, 02:49 AM
-_- this thread is still alive?

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
It was already confirmed for dreamcast.

I still say it should be on the Genesis >.>

*Fact, they have announced it as a PC Exclusive with no intentions of releasing it on any console. Does that mean they can't? No. Does it mean the won't? Not exactly. Them saying that they "Might do it sometime in the future" is just more of the BS they've been spoon feeding us for the last few years to keep the gullible paying for PSU. Same lies, new game. Just cause they say maybe does not mean they will ever do it. (Or that they're likely to).

Zorafim
Oct 26, 2011, 11:08 AM
-_- this thread is still alive?

Tell me something PSO2 related that is more interesting than this topic, and I'll tell you a good reason for this topic to stop continuing.

RemiusTA
Oct 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Well i was talking about Sonic Unleashed's soundtrack, and i realized why it sounded so amazing.

Well, aside from the obvious fact it was a Sonic soundtrack, it was composed by members of Wavemaster (or at least i THINK they're still called that). I.E. The same peeps who composed PSO EpI&II. At least, in the credits, i know for a FACT I saw Fumie Kumatani, Tomoya Ohtani and Hideaki Kobayashi. Kumatani's name seems to be on pretty much every song i like, and of course we know Kobayashi from PSO.

Not to mention, it also credited an entire orchestra, since every song in the game was orchestrated. They probably didn't feel like doing that with universe.

Like i said, i still wish Sonic Team was working on this game.

Edit:

The final boss of Unleashed (dragoon) so totally pulled an Olga Flow, except it 1-up'd that bitch and had the platform get destroyed at one point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGShqPlVZQ&feature=related

All i could think was "this battle except in PSO2 and except with swords and guns", epic music and all. Oh, this game was flawed, but i actually enjoyed it alot.

Zorafim
Oct 26, 2011, 11:22 AM
No! They got their chance with PSU! New team time!

NoiseHERO
Oct 26, 2011, 11:41 AM
Well i was talking about Sonic Unleashed's soundtrack, and i realized why it sounded so amazing.

Well, aside from the obvious fact it was a Sonic soundtrack, it was composed by members of Wavemaster (or at least i THINK they're still called that). I.E. The same peeps who composed PSO EpI&II. At least, in the credits, i know for a FACT I saw Fumie Kumatani, Tomoya Ohtani and Hideaki Kobayashi. Kumatani's name seems to be on pretty much every song i like, and of course we know Kobayashi from PSO.

Not to mention, it also credited an entire orchestra, since every song in the game was orchestrated. They probably didn't feel like doing that with universe.

Edit:

The final boss of Unleashed (dragoon) so totally pulled an Olga Flow, except it 1-up'd that bitch and had the platform get destroyed at one point

Sonic Unleashed (360) Egg Dragoon A Rank - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpGShqPlVZQ&feature=related)

All i could think was "this battle except in PSO2 and except with swords and guns", epic music and all. Oh, this game was flawed, but i actually enjoyed it alot.

Yeah Wavemaster works on ALL of the sonic team games the big ones at least, I'm sure other SEGA games in general as well. Those guys are no joke one the soundtracks, any sega game you hear has a good soundtrack, it's probably because of them.

I first caught note of them in sonic advanced 3 (Love that games music) but they even have jet set radio, pso, and sonic down to the first game under their name.

RLbitClassica
Oct 26, 2011, 11:43 AM
Tell me something PSO2 related that is more interesting than this topic, and I'll tell you a good reason for this topic to stop continuing.

It just feels like we're beating a dead horse. We've already established that the website is providing misinformation(according to SEGA's official statement), so what else is there to talk about?

Anon_Fire
Oct 26, 2011, 11:45 AM
It just feels like we're beating a dead horse. We've already established that the website is providing misinformation(according to SEGA's official statement), so what else is there to talk about?

Nothing else at this point.

Ezodagrom
Oct 26, 2011, 11:58 AM

Sonic Colours soundtrack was also mostly made by Kumatani (cutscenes), Ohtani (some stages and bosses), Kobayashi (some cutscenes and final boss part 1), and also Kenichi Tokoi (some stages, 1 boss, and some cutscenes with Kumatani). :P

amtalx
Oct 26, 2011, 01:08 PM
Them saying that they "Might do it sometime in the future" is just more of the BS they've been spoon feeding us for the last few years to keep the gullible paying for PSU. Same lies, new game.
From a development standpoint, it's usually the truth. It's simply a matter of financing. Unfortunately for some companies, the budget required to deply on multiple platforms is simply out of reach before a project actually generates some profit. But the conspiracy theorist inside everyone reads any response outside of absolute certainty as being political.

RemiusTA
Oct 26, 2011, 02:08 PM
Yeah Wavemaster works on ALL of the sonic team games the big ones at least, I'm sure other SEGA games in general as well. Those guys are no joke one the soundtracks, any sega game you hear has a good soundtrack, it's probably because of them.

I first caught note of them in sonic advanced 3 (Love that games music) but they even have jet set radio, pso, and sonic down to the first game under their name.

Yeah, i think the Advance series was the first time i actually saw that they were credited under a differnet name.

Zorafim
Oct 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
Nothing else at this point.

Precisely.

Justyn_Darkcrest
Oct 26, 2011, 08:13 PM
From a development standpoint, it's usually the truth. It's simply a matter of financing. Unfortunately for some companies, the budget required to deply on multiple platforms is simply out of reach before a project actually generates some profit. But the conspiracy theorist inside everyone reads any response outside of absolute certainty as being political.

True, and everything I said is true as well. I don't begrudge SEGA for doing it though. It wouldn't make any sense for a company to tell someone who hasn't decided on buying the game that they will never put certain features into a game provided it's possible. I'm just stating that based on SEGA's track record it wouldn't be very wise to assume they're going to add any of the things they're saying "might happen in the future".

But I digress, good point sir ^.-b

Kent
Oct 26, 2011, 08:33 PM
WaveMaster doesn't just work on all of Sonic Team's games - they're basically Sega's music department, and work on the majority of the company's core franchises. I'm personally quite fond of their work on NiGHTS, the Panzer Dragoon series, the Jet Set Radio series and, of course, Phantasy Star Online. Hideki Naganuma might be one of my favorite composers; his work on Sonic Rush is actually quite nice and very fitting for a game of that pace.

Zorafim
Oct 27, 2011, 02:29 PM
I gotta say, I really like Sega's music and overall style. I won't say that it's great, but it's unique. I don't think I ever hear anything quite like it.

Noel Vermillion
Oct 28, 2011, 05:35 AM
I would love PSO2 on Xbox! Why not? :)

However, PC only gives me an excuse to buy a shiny new laptop ;p

RemiusTA
Oct 28, 2011, 12:24 PM
I would love PSO2 on Xbox! Why not? :)

If only everyone would be this indifferent, this would be a much more laid back place

NoiseHERO
Oct 28, 2011, 02:23 PM
If only everyone would be this indifferent, this would be a much more laid back place

STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!! IT'LL RUIN PSO2 FOR EVERYONE, STUPID!!

Zorafim
Oct 28, 2011, 02:34 PM
STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE!! IT'LL RUIN PSO2 FOR EVERYONE, STUPID!!

I hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who don't like what they like angryface

NoiseHERO
Oct 28, 2011, 02:40 PM
I hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who hate people who don't like what they like angryface

I'm a Player Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer Killer

Kent
Oct 28, 2011, 03:23 PM
Player Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra ra, ra foie.

Macman
Oct 28, 2011, 03:56 PM
I would love PSO2 on Xbox! Why not? :)Because it'll dumb down the controls of the PC version.

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 03:57 PM
Because it'll dumb down the controls of the PC version.

How so exactly? PC version would remain the same, XBOX would get a watered down version.

Macman
Oct 28, 2011, 04:12 PM
Maybe. I guess I'm just too jaded from lazy ports.

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe. I guess I'm just too jaded from lazy ports.

That's kind of why i'm upset. If the main franchise is going to be a PC only series, that means console gamers like myself are probably never going to get another good phantasy star game.

Anon_Fire
Oct 28, 2011, 04:52 PM
Okay, this thread is not getting anybody anywhere, can't we just drop it?

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 04:57 PM
Okay, this thread is not getting anybody anywhere, can't we just drop it?

People are going to keep posting until a moderator cans this thread, which will probaly be soon because because as you said, It's going nowhere.

NoiseHERO
Oct 28, 2011, 08:06 PM
You guys act like this game coming to console would be like freeing a group of slaves...

Just take it or leave it... OR LET A MOD HANDLE IT AGAIN LOL-Wait actually why IS this thread still alive?

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 08:19 PM
You guys act like this game coming to console would be like freeing a group of slaves...

Just take it or leave it... OR LET A MOD HANDLE IT AGAIN LOL-Wait actually why IS this thread still alive?

I'm not really wanting to start a pointless argument here, but why does everyone else act like it's a taboo to want this game on a home console?

NoiseHERO
Oct 28, 2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not really wanting to start a pointless argument here, but why does everyone else act like it's a taboo to want this game on a home console?

There's valid reasons, and there's valid reasons to want it on a console. Everyone wants to be right and everyone's a game designer apparently who secretly work for SEGA and if they get enough people to agree with them they'll be able to make major decisions for PSO2.

So even if it's been discussed 9 trillion times, instead of looking for a more interesting topic on this game, we're just going to reinforce our opinion for the 10 trillionth time. You're not changing anyones mind here, which is why I stopped caring and everyone else should too until something new comes up again.

Be like me, be a player killer killer killer killer killer killer killer killer Killer.

Anon_Fire
Oct 28, 2011, 08:50 PM
There's valid reasons, and there's valid reasons to want it on a console. Everyone wants to be right and everyone's a game designer apparently who secretly work for SEGA and if they get enough people to agree with them they'll be able to make major decisions for PSO2.

So even if it's been discussed 9 trillion times, instead of looking for a more interesting topic on this game, we're just going to reinforce our opinion for the 10 trillionth time. You're not changing anyones mind here, which is why I stopped caring and everyone else should too until something new comes up again.

Be like me, be a player killer killer killer killer killer killer killer killer Killer.

Or wait and see their reaction that PSO2 will remain PC exclusive.

NoiseHERO
Oct 28, 2011, 08:56 PM
Or wait and see their reaction that PSO2 will remain PC exclusive.

I like how you express that you hate this argument the most yet you pick a side. At least secretly be in different knowing that you'll get what you want either way. D:

Anon_Fire
Oct 28, 2011, 09:05 PM
I like how you express that you hate this argument the most yet you pick a side. At least secretly be in different knowing that you'll get what you want either way. D:

I just find it sad that they believe PSO2 is coming to consoles, yet they have no clue that PSO2 is being designed to be a PC-only game.

RemiusTA
Oct 28, 2011, 09:48 PM
i just find it sad that nice glass of shut the fuck up

no really this thread needs to die

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 09:59 PM
I just find it sad that they believe PSO2 is coming to consoles, yet they have no clue that PSO2 is being designed to be a PC-only game.

I highly doubt that PSO2 will come to consoles, but how can you be so sure of yourself when not one of us here has actually played the game yet?

and please, don't misconstrue my words. I already stated that I think it will probably remain PC exclusive.

RemiusTA
Oct 28, 2011, 10:04 PM
oh boy i wish this thread would magically acquire some awesome thread status where people were no longer able to make comments about dumb shit anymore

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 10:06 PM
And what exactly have your pointless negative comments accomplished so far Remius????

just saiyan

RemiusTA
Oct 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
[spoiler-box]http://data.whicdn.com/images/11358312/know-what-im-saiyan_large.jpg?1309337216

No really, i just woke up from a nap and these threads just look stupider than ever. Are you guys seriously still talking about PC vs Console stuff?

If PC enthusiasts want to elaborate the superiority of their wonderful life choices for wasting their life then they should probably find their own topic to do it in -- leave the 360 hopeful ones to cry amongst themselves already.

And i jump on the PC idiots because the console people never seem to think that the game would somehow be worse if it were PC only, but through ALL INDICATIONS SO FAR, there is absolutely nothing about this game that wouldn't be 100% throughly possible on a PS3 or 360, even if they were to drastically upgrade the graphics engine and double the amount of party-player areas between now and release.

You guys are just poking at eachother, and it's retarded. [/spoiler-box]

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 10:40 PM
First things first Remius, badass picture.

That aside, I completely agree with you. I'm primarily a console gamer and I'm not expecting PSO2 to even be anything but PC exclusive, I just get tired of all this PC elitest bull-shit when I know full well that a game doesn't have to be a PC game in order to be a fun/technically impressive game. Don't get me wrong, PC has its benefits, but I could care less about the mods or the OMG GRAPHIX!!! just give me a controller and a good game and I'm happy.

What I don't like is this PC hierarchy class that shuns anyone who even remotely mentions console/handheld gaming.

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think PSO2 on the 360 would be a good idea, most likely there would be some limitations when it comes to updates because of Microsoft policies.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, on the PC SEGA can just update the game whenever they want, they can do small weekly updates, big monthly updates, it's up to them. But on the XBox 360 they have to send the updates to Microsoft first, and then the update can only be added to the game after Microsoft's approval, right?

Heh, I wouldn't be surprised if it's because of this that currently in the 360 PSU servers, instead of getting new weapons they're mostly getting weapons that use old models.

RLbitClassica
Oct 28, 2011, 10:55 PM
Updates are nice, but why does everyone seem to think that a game should have to be updated all the time? I prefer my games to be as perfect as possible from the start. (And no, i'm not saying updates aren't nice to have, but I think they should only be done when something in a game needs to be fixed, not to consistently add extra content, that's what we have optional DLC for)

Ezodagrom
Oct 28, 2011, 11:13 PM
Updates are nice, but why does everyone seem to think that a game should have to be updated all the time? I prefer my games to be as perfect as possible from the start. (And no, i'm not saying updates aren't nice to have, but I think they should only be done when something in a game needs to be fixed, not to consistently add extra content, that's what we have optional DLC for)
I know what you mean, but that's something that really depends on the type of game.

In single-player games, or games that don't focus on multiplayer, what you say is true, it's better to be as complete as possible from the start and then adding occasional DLC.

But in online multiplayer games, especially in online RPGs with a focus on PVE, constant updates are important, especially if the company that made the game wants to keep the players interested. Updates can be used to add new areas, enemies, weapons, skills, clothes, and even to create special events.

That's pretty much the only reason I think PSO2 should stay PC only, it's a platform that gives them more freedom to expand the game (or at least it should avoid the XBox 360, don't really know about the PS3, if it's as limited as the 360, or if it's open enough to properly support an ORPG).

Macman
Oct 28, 2011, 11:56 PM
Maybe if the planets align, Sega will actually do a good coding job and make a game that nearly any recent PC, regardless of quality, can run.
I mean, it worked for WoW, right?

RemiusTA
Oct 29, 2011, 12:25 AM

I dont know, it's just sort of become that way now.

I would personally just tell them to delay the game another 6 months in order to maximize the content, brush up the environments/glitches, play around with the balance, add new systems, anything that would give the game that kind of technical flair that games like PSO were acknowledged for when they released.

Back when games used to have tons of easter eggs, cheats and tons of content hidden in the game you literally would need to either be 1) dicking around or 2) reading a strategy guide to find, they were much more fun. (Im looking directly at PSOGC's hidden Tails Chao cross content for SA2B) These days people put so much stock into actually creating the shit that they don't want you to skip any content, or they actually have trouble actually getting to the part where there IS content. PSU was such a game -- it just felt so TERRIBLY empty when i first bought the game. This is probably because it took me like a month to finally get online, but even then, i was looking through the rare charts and the game just felt...shallow. There was no scripted special weapon attacks, no secret areas, no challenge mode no battle mode no nothing. Something tells me this game will be the same, but it's probably going to rely on updates to keep it filled with content.

Biggest issue with PSU to me was how content was released. They'd release single missions and weapons at a time, and it'd be cool. But whenever content was released, it was swarmed by the community like a group of piranhas, because content was just that shallow in the game. It just made whatever they added die off even quicker. A new weapon was released in a mission? It's floating around in shops en masse by the end of the first week. However, had they actually stopped and released a LARGE amount of content at once, players wouldn't tear it apart so fast.

These guys have been traditionally terrible with content management though.

Edit:

Last Sonic Team game i played was Sonic Unleashed, and Sega actually made wonderful use of the Havok Physics engine. Picking up, setting objects, and interacting with them (standing on them, jumping off them) actually worked surprisingly well. Havok is usually plagued with medicore applications and glitches upon release.

Lets hope this PSO2 team knows what they're doing with whatever engine they're using. The areas are randomly generated upon starting the mission, but that doesn't mean every area shouldn't be polished in terms of collisions and AI scripting.

kyuuketsuki
Oct 29, 2011, 03:57 AM
I don't get why people continue to insist that there's no good reason to keep it PC-exclusive and nothing would be lost with a 360/PS3 release. You really think SEGA just willy-nilly decided to forgo the sales from a 360/PS3 release by going PC-exclusive, especially in the Japanese market, for no good reason?

Disclaimer: I am not a PC-elitist, I own consoles, I've owned and played and enjoyed consoles since the SEGA Genesis. I do not mean to hurt the feelings of any hard-headed console die-hards that can't/won't/don't believe in PC-gaming.

Maybe if the planets align, Sega will actually do a good coding job and make a game that nearly any recent PC, regardless of quality, can run.
... Huh? We are talking about PSO2, right? The game with the alpha where the minimum GPU requirement was a 7800GT, and the CPU/RAM requirements could be easily met and exceeded by any computer (asides from maybe e-Machines and cheap-o laptops) made in the last few years? And it's likely you might be able to squeak by with less than that?

Jonth
Oct 29, 2011, 07:58 AM

Well, if there is enough optional DLC, then sure. However they decide to implement it though, there pretty much has to be more content added to an MMORPG eventually. Whether it is through regular updates, optional DLC, or Remius' idea of initially adding a huge amount of content that takes players a year+ to discover completely followed by super huge expansion.

As far as the gameplay, yeah, make that as perfect as possible from the start.

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2011, 05:46 PM
But in online multiplayer games, especially in online RPGs with a focus on PVE, constant updates are important, especially if the company that made the game wants to keep the players interested. Updates can be used to add new areas, enemies, weapons, skills, clothes, and even to create special events.

That's what expansion packs are for though, and it shouldn't be too hard for Sega to negotiate a yearly or semi-annual expansion to be released in a timely fashion. It's not so much the extra content to be added that would be what trips them up, but rather routine security updates, balancing tweaks, and patches that have to be applied to the client. However, those are largely transparent to the user anyhow. PSU only fubbed on this because they were trying to use bi-weekly patches to unlock content that was already in the client.

To which, I thought we all agreed pretty much universally was complete bullshit. Perhaps it's harder to form a consensus now that we have more content than the fucking offline story mode, but it sure as hell wasn't for that year and a half in which we only had access to a fraction of the game.

The only time you're really going to run into issues that most people are complaining about here is, again, unless you completely fub your game by releasing it crippled - or you plan on running a cash shop. The cash shop angle is actually a good point in favor of a PC only release - since it not only relies on Sega & Microsoft to retain perfect synchronicity (that isn't likely to happen) - but it also invites Microsoft wanting a piece of that cash-shop pie.

But again... I thought we were pretty much universally agreed that running a cash shop in a pay-to-play game was a really fucking bad idea...

Ezodagrom
Oct 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
On the PC developers have the freedom to have both content updates and expansions, one good example of this is World of Warcraft.
With this I'm not saying the XBox 360 can't have both updates and expansions, but it's slower to have updates on the 360 due to them having to be sent to Microsoft first.

Well, this is not up to us though, SEGA can release PSO2 for the 360, for the PS3, they can even wait for a new generation of consoles and release for the new gen, or they can keep it PC only...it's up to them.
There's pros and cons for any of the possibilities.

Xenobia
Oct 30, 2011, 01:58 PM

Im not actually sure about the PC requirement of PSU, but when you play WoW at max setting using the current Cataclysm engine, it surely can leech even a good PC still pretty hard. On the other hand, when playing on lowest setting, almost any PC can do it, so its clearly a question of settings.

Now with PSU they say (on Wiki) that the recommended spec is like:
2.8 GHz P4, 512 MB RAM, 128 MB Video card.

That sounds like a joke to me, such a PC has been created in the year 2004 last time i checked, so that kind of machine could be 7 years of age already. Personally i buy a new PC every 4 year, so i can totaly not understand that kind of view. Nowadays, using a cheap low-class PC for 500-600$ using one of the weaker Sandy Bridges, and then simply putting in a halfway decent GPU (midrange stuff from the year 2011, yes the year is important), and it will run very smooth, that im almost sure about. Ofc when you get a laptop you trade of a better power and price for size which is everyones own choice. A laptop will always be more expensive for same power given.

However, are we now talking about PSO2 i guess? Those requirements seems to look such as written below:

•Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 or higher
•RAM: Windows XP - 1.5GB or higher
•RAM: Windows Vista / 7 - 2GB or higher
•HDD 8GB or higher
•NVIDIA GeForce 7800GT or similar graphics card or higher
•DirectX 9.0c or higher

Now that surely sounds like a new level of power, however, at the time PSO2 is out there is almost the new CPU and even GPU generation released aswell. At that time when you regulary could buy a cheap low or midrange Ivy Bridge CPU and a 7000 or 600 series GPU, at that time those specs are not even barely demanding anymore. However, we do not know how it will scale up from the lowest to the highest settings. Even at a rather high scaling, its still no match for a system build in 2012 anymore. And even a system build in 2011 can easy handle it. Remember a 7800 GT GPU is aswell a relict from the past which is about 6 year of age (thats a lot for a IT system!!!) , and a C2D 6300 is about 4 years of age already and it is several times weaker than a CPU which has been build in 2011 (this year). So i am absolutly not impressed at all, but i certainly hope that everyone, even those who use rather old PCs, will have a fun time playing it without having to much FPS issues. Finally, PSO should aswell be able to serve a big majority, but i think, as long as it works on a 5 year old PC, i see no issue with.

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2011, 01:38 PM
Actually, the PSU recommended specs were a joke. You'd chug trying to remotely run PSU on a machine with just the recommended specs. It was not that well optimized. Recommended specs that they posted on PSU were more like the minimum you needed for running it at low settings. Expect plenty of slowdown a lot with that setup. I know. I ran it on a machine with higher spec than that (and while it was old) it certainly had lots of slowdown.

Mag-X
Oct 31, 2011, 03:43 PM
When my proper gaming machine died, I ran PSU on a PC with a 1.7GHz P4, 768 MB RAM, and a 128MB GeForce FX5200. It actually ran surprisingly well on minimum settings.

Sinue_v2
Oct 31, 2011, 03:55 PM
Actually, the PSU recommended specs were a joke. You'd chug trying to remotely run PSU on a machine with just the recommended specs. It was not that well optimized. Recommended specs that they posted on PSU were more like the minimum you needed for running it at low settings. Expect plenty of slowdown a lot with that setup. I know. I ran it on a machine with higher spec than that (and while it was old) it certainly had lots of slowdown.

Minimum settings, even by default, included post-effects. On my machine at least, that was the killer. It was nigh unplayable with them on, but was smooth as silk once you turned them off.

Personally, I kind of liked having it turned off, since it got rid of that annoying ultra-fuzzy glow around your weapons. There's really not that much detail to most of the weapons anyhow, and the glow would usually bleed over the model and obscure what little texture detail there was. The only downside is that the model underneath the glow is really rough and bland and ugly. Plus there are coloring artifacts with the transparency when it overlays your character model.

Xenobia
Oct 31, 2011, 04:18 PM
Uhm aha?

Well, i own a supercomputer but surely i still hope they gonna improve the engine out of compassion with my fellow PSO members, since it need to work for the majority, not just for geeks. ;)

Ah yeah... give me PSO2!

Zorafim
Oct 31, 2011, 05:10 PM
I have to ask, was the PS2 above the recommended settings for PSU? Because it was a huge pain trying to run it on that machine.

Kent
Oct 31, 2011, 06:07 PM
No, the PS2 itself was well below the recommended hardware specifications of the PC version of PSU. It's just that on a console, there's a whole lot less overhead.

The PC version of PSU is basically a half-assed and ridiculously-inefficient port of an already half-assed and ridiculously-inefficient PS2 game (and the 360 version was, in turn, a half-assed and ridiculously-inefficient port of that).

As you may be able to tell, the graphics programming for PSU wasn't exactly the most efficient thing around. Any 360 player can tell you how much the game chugs if there's more than a handful of trees on-screen at once. The people in charge of that port job must've done the entire thing in the span of a month (or were desperately trying to get fired).

Noel Vermillion
Nov 1, 2011, 08:12 AM
PSU would've been a much better game if it hadn't been developed for a console 150 years old .__.

Garnet_Moon
Nov 1, 2011, 08:35 AM
Can we still call it console limitations if the platform it was designed on was just a notch or two too low for it? PSU was a good game on PC, but... my god, PS2 was horrible. 360 was even more laughable. I think I got more FPS spamming Ritas Meteor spell in Tales of Vesperia than I did on Neudaiz for my brief stint onto the xbox 360 version of PSU.

Mag-X
Nov 1, 2011, 11:27 AM
The biggest limitation with it being on the PS2 was that the PS2 didn't have a hard drive. So, they couldn't make any changes or add new content because it would have left the PS2 version behind. I'd say that this was the major reason behind all the locked content in the beginning.

They wanted to act like they were giving us new stuff, but everything had to be included on the disc to begin with.

After they dropped the PS2 version in Japan, they announced a bunch of changes, bug fixes, and new content for the PC version.

I think if they didn't insist on putting it on the PS2, PSU could have been much better than it was. They should have just waited for the PS3. It launched just a few months after PSU did.

RemiusTA
Nov 1, 2011, 01:41 PM
It wasn't the PS2's fault the game was trash, it was Sega's. They should not have committed to so many platforms so quick like they did. There is NO excuse for the console version of the game being that terribly optimized.

And if the PS2 version wasn't bad enough, the 360 version is even worse -- there's no reason the 360 shouldn't have been able to draw every frame in that game twice at once without a hiccup, but the game chugged as soon as the wrong enemy or effect was on the screen.

The only reason the PC version was bearable is because 1) you could lower settings and 2) you can upgrade a PC.

Im going with Kent's explanation -- i think they were just trying to get fired. That memory leak glitch with the robots was just absolutely pathetic. I was still on PC/PS2 so i never really experienced it, but just hearing about it was terrible.

Xenobia
Nov 2, 2011, 11:25 AM
No, the PS2 itself was well below the recommended hardware specifications of the PC version of PSU. It's just that on a console, there's a whole lot less overhead.

The PC version of PSU is basically a half-assed and ridiculously-inefficient port of an already half-assed and ridiculously-inefficient PS2 game (and the 360 version was, in turn, a half-assed and ridiculously-inefficient port of that).

As you may be able to tell, the graphics programming for PSU wasn't exactly the most efficient thing around. Any 360 player can tell you how much the game chugs if there's more than a handful of trees on-screen at once. The people in charge of that port job must've done the entire thing in the span of a month (or were desperately trying to get fired).

^^ I thank you a lot for those very sensitive words, now im sure i sleep better! No im not kidding, finally someone who know what he/she talk about.

Indeed, the programing was a mess, and even on the Xbox360 there was many slowmotion but the Xbox was hell strong enough to even shatter games apart who had twice that graphic level, twice the amount of texture and twice the amount of shader power.

And on PS2 its close to unplayable, the slowmotions are just to heavy.

I truly hope they will do a better job on the engine for the PSO2 version, even if it takes lot of time. Sadly, they wasnt truly focusing on making ONE great version, they just wanted to support many plattforms the cheap way and even the PSP. So they can charge endless amount of monthly fee. Seriously.. PSO as a game itself is legendary but the programing and its engine was a true mess! The only people who truly enjoy that kind of stategy are the shareholders, those was aswell responsible to make the Dreamcast gone because Sega kinda feelt a very high sense of treat. Then, after the creation of the legendary game called "Shenmue" they started to drive the same way such as any other developer, sad stuff.

Best they can do is to fully focus on a PC version and create a single and proper engine, or maybe even take a already proven engine, so it doesnt cost so much of development. And they can focus on stuff which is truly important, the gameworld and all of its content. Since.. you can easely "rent" another good engine, thats not truly the problem.