PDA

View Full Version : series inspired layout..

ANIMEniac
Oct 28, 2011, 05:20 AM
so i was reading the newest post on the Phantasy Star Blog (translated into terrible english) andthe first part of it talked about going to the name of PSO2, and it made me realize that PSO and PSU were both set up like shows. PSO with calling each big installment "episodes" and PSU telling its story as if it was a anime.

do you wish to seem more of this in PSO2? cause personally i liked the style. maybe more so PSO than PSU. but would you want the first expansion to be called "PSO2: Episode 2"?

Jonth
Oct 28, 2011, 07:40 AM
Personally, I honestly don't care what they call said expansion. All that really matters to me is if the expansion has appropriate and awesome content.

Fenn777
Oct 28, 2011, 11:15 AM
Eh, I never really got that feeling (didn't play PSU though so I could be way off).

If the story in PSO2 is worthwhile I wouldn't mind them continuing with that theme.

RemiusTA
Oct 28, 2011, 12:10 PM
PSO with calling each big installment "episodes"

PSO's episodes weren't done in the same way as PSU's chapters. The different episodes were seperated mostly because Ep1 was for dreamcast and Ep2 was made for GCN/Xbox. Episode III was a completely different game using the same graphics engine, and Ep.IV was made specifically for PSOBB. It was primarily a way of separating added content while keeping the same name. The guys kind of explained that in the post i think.

PSUs chapters specifically tried to be anime-like though. That, and it had a story mode, so it was useful to make it like that.