PDA

View Full Version : So im laik a blind wihout guide dog.

WingDrow
Nov 1, 2011, 04:57 AM
LOST.

*seriousmodeon* Ok, i downloaded the jp server PSU yesterday, gave it some check on, and so awesome and all that. But all the japanese confunds me D:

I would like to know what to do from the begginign AND if there's any english group or guild i could join :D

EDIT: You'll have to excuse me for short post, but i couldn't make it any longer D:

str898mustang
Nov 1, 2011, 06:38 AM
LOST.

*seriousmodeon* Ok, i downloaded the jp server PSU yesterday, gave it some check on, and so awesome and all that. But all the japanese confunds me D:

I would like to know what to do from the begginign AND if there's any english group or guild i could join :D

EDIT: You'll have to excuse me for short post, but i couldn't make it any longer D:

Just hang out in Uni 1. You could put your status as "English" if you want to. You've played PSU on 360 first right? (to know the controls and such)

WingDrow
Nov 1, 2011, 06:40 AM
Please learn how to spell. Also it's "Like"

Ugh, I was just trying to sound nerdly funny. I already know how to spell 'like' ._.

Anyways, i'm not here to take ortography classes, I would like to know what to do in PSU after I create my character... Because i'm kinda lost. Would someone like to help me?

EDIT:

Just hang out in Uni 1. You could put your status as "English" if you want to. You've played PSU on 360 first right? (to know the controls and such)

Errrrr... no ^^' I haven't played the Xbox360 version, and i wouldn't like to, knowing that soon there will be a PSO 2 (which i will play in my pc or consoles :D)

Also, I don't know how's the map im on like. I just went into Second Floor, entered into the weapon shop (at least, i can guess obvious things D:), then went to floor 5th, and asked around for english people... No one responsed D:

TheAstarion
Nov 1, 2011, 07:51 AM
Well, the menus in-game are basically the same. Options for how the game runs can be tweaked but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

How far have you gotten? Logged in? Running around the colony? In missions with text showing up all the time on how to do things, but unable to act on it because it's in moon runes?

Lots of the weapons, armour and items can be distinguished by the symbol (saber, rifle, healing item, revival thing, trap etc) then by star rating, manufacturer, and stats. PSUpedia is your friend if you find a weapon you don't recognise. There are, for instance, a hell of a lot of 9* Kubara sabers.

As for english speaking players, we don't so much have a guild, it's more of a tight-knit gaijin community who tend to know pretty much everyone else. The only way to really tell is to find a party name with a comment in english (that doesn't say JP ONRY), an english name with an english status (usually), or people speaking in english in the lobbies. If you find one of us, it's likely we'll be able to introduce you to more, which has a cascading effect until you eventually know all of us, or close enough.

str898mustang
Nov 1, 2011, 09:12 AM
Ugh, I was just trying to sound nerdly funny. I already know how to spell 'like' ._.

Anyways, i'm not here to take ortography classes, I would like to know what to do in PSU after I create my character... Because i'm kinda lost. Would someone like to help me?

EDIT:

Errrrr... no ^^' I haven't played the Xbox360 version, and i wouldn't like to, knowing that soon there will be a PSO 2 (which i will play in my pc or consoles :D)

Also, I don't know how's the map im on like. I just went into Second Floor, entered into the weapon shop (at least, i can guess obvious things D:), then went to floor 5th, and asked around for english people... No one responsed D:

Ok I apologize for that then. If you haven't played 360 version you may trouble with the menus then but you'll get the hang of it. There are plenty of English speaking players though. Also, PSO2 is going to be PC only.

Positive
Nov 1, 2011, 09:52 AM
Find a torrent of the english version and play that offline for a while. Once you get used to it, play jp online. At least you'll know where most things are by then.

Mystic_Nessly
Nov 1, 2011, 10:06 AM
Here are some things that should help you in getting around. There is a page on the website For a Brighter Day that has a pretty comprehensive list like this, but I can't find the link.

Guardians Training – a thread dedicated to helping JP PSU players get around the game
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180364

PHOTO TRANSLATIONS
Main Menu (thanks Cristfc)
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/2369/1menul.jpg

Main Game options
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/5220/psumainmenuoptions.jpg

Custom Graphics options
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6821/3graphics.jpg

Controller Config Translation
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/8594/psucontrollertranslatio.jpg

in game options
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/1743/psuingameoptions.png

GAS upgrade menu (big thanks to Espio Kaos)
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/9316/gasmenutree.jpg

MISCELLANEOUS RESOURCES
PSU Amesani Database (http://psu.amesani.org/)

contains item/mission information dedicated to the Japanese PSU servers
lists English names as well as Japanese names for items as they appear in game

PSUPedia (http://psupedia.info/Main_Page)

contains item/ detailed mission information for the Xbox 360 AND Japanese PSU servers

PSU Weapon Viewer (http://tinyurl.com/3t7ajh4)

shows info/images of all weapons/armors/units/clothes in Japanese PSU serv

PSUPedia’s “Playing on the Japanese Server” Guide (http://psupedia.info/Playing_on_the_Japanese_Server)

Japanese Hiragana Chart (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiragana)

Japanese Katakana (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana)

Romaji Translator (http://www.romaji.org/)

Translate Japanese symbols (hiragana/katakana) to romaji (text) format
useful for typing names of weapons to search player shops

Welcome to the community and have fun!

WingDrow
Nov 1, 2011, 10:41 AM
Thanks everyone for your assistance! Before reading all of this, I also tried to do some research: Went into high level quests and got my ass well kicked (obviety). Then, I began to explore the Space Station until i found the level C quests for novices.

I seriously fell in love with the battle system. I just hope i learn soon enough how to equip and use other items :3

EDIT

Well, the menus in-game are basically the same. Options for how the game runs can be tweaked but that doesn't seem to be your issue.

How far have you gotten? Logged in? Running around the colony? In missions with text showing up all the time on how to do things, but unable to act on it because it's in moon runes?

Lots of the weapons, armour and items can be distinguished by the symbol (saber, rifle, healing item, revival thing, trap etc) then by star rating, manufacturer, and stats. PSUpedia is your friend if you find a weapon you don't recognise. There are, for instance, a hell of a lot of 9* Kubara sabers.

As for english speaking players, we don't so much have a guild, it's more of a tight-knit gaijin community who tend to know pretty much everyone else. The only way to really tell is to find a party name with a comment in english (that doesn't say JP ONRY), an english name with an english status (usually), or people speaking in english in the lobbies. If you find one of us, it's likely we'll be able to introduce you to more, which has a cascading effect until you eventually know all of us, or close enough.

Well, I've been running around the colony, the flloors 4 and 5, checking some shops, and lastly, found at last the door for space colony quests for novices.

I dont have any idea of what moon runes are.

About the weapons, I had some idea, but i guess i dont know everything D:

About the english community, i just hope i find some doods SOON D:

btw. ign: Lancelol

str898mustang
Nov 1, 2011, 11:13 AM
If you dont find anyone by tonight, I'll be online tonight (around 6'ish central) (I always leave my game on). I'll be in uni 1 5th floor.....Char will be YOmap. What time zone are you?

WingDrow
Nov 1, 2011, 01:12 PM
If you dont find anyone by tonight, I'll be online tonight (around 6'ish central) (I always leave my game on). I'll be in uni 1 5th floor.....Char will be YOmap. What time zone are you?

GMT+1, meaning... around London and Madrid (I mention Madrid because im from spain :3)
I have a college exam tomorrow, so i may not be able to log in ._. thanks though!

bloodflowers
Nov 1, 2011, 03:51 PM
Bunch of help resources here too:

http://psu.system11.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=289

Omega-z
Nov 1, 2011, 06:03 PM
Hi, You can also look for me to I'm a all Black Robot with the same name.:) Oh Darki's from Spain too. right now he's busy with school too.:)

WingDrow
Nov 2, 2011, 01:36 AM
Another question:

I've done Linear Line 2 times, i guess that those 2 times were the 2 quests that were there (I was just blindly entering commands to see if i could enter a quest). Now, each time i try to go into Linear Line, i have only 2 options, and one of them is unavaliable, leaving me with the only option of leaving. I'm level 4, and i don't know what to do D:

Ilikelamp7
Nov 2, 2011, 02:06 AM
I'm at a loss for words as to why you would even start playing a game you have never played before in a language you don't even understand.

WingDrow
Nov 2, 2011, 08:44 AM
I'm at a loss for words as to why you would even start playing a game you have never played before in a language you don't even understand.

LIKE IF I CARED ABOUT THOSE 2 LAST FACTS, I JUST WANT TO PLAY A GOOD GAME :D
http://sp11-internetlanguage.wikispaces.com/file/view/Yao-Ming-meme.jpg

RagolianHunter
Nov 2, 2011, 09:04 AM
Lol you do care, that is why you are full of questions is it not?

Lame pic is lame.

RagolianHunter
Nov 2, 2011, 11:38 AM
Ohh and another note: While some of us on here don't always see eye to eye we all are playing a game that we enjoy and defend because we do enjoy it.

How can you say "I JUST WANT TO PLAY A GOOD GAME" if you have never tried either version.
Sounds like your just going with the flow here, you cannot in any way have an opinion. (Yes, I know - through actaul first hand experience that the JP version is superior - So let's not go there, it is pointless.)

I cannot understand why in hell you would go to a server that you cannot understand, I know of noone that went striaght there. All importers played a eng. version of the game and took that familiarity with them and learned from there.

Nice bandwagon your on bro. Someday you might make your own decisions, its fun.

Ohh and to anyone interested Coca-Cola is better at room temperature and be sure to shake the bottle or can 22-26 times before opening.

DeathDragon2332
Nov 2, 2011, 11:51 AM
Haha good points made

WingDrow
Nov 2, 2011, 03:46 PM
Ohh and another note: While some of us on here don't always see eye to eye we all are playing a game that we enjoy and defend because we do enjoy it.

How can you say "I JUST WANT TO PLAY A GOOD GAME" if you have never tried either version.
Sounds like your just going with the flow here, you cannot in any way have an opinion. (Yes, I know - through actaul first hand experience that the JP version is superior - So let's not go there, it is pointless.)

I cannot understand why in hell you would go to a server that you cannot understand, I know of noone that went striaght there. All importers played a eng. version of the game and took that familiarity with them and learned from there.

Nice bandwagon your on bro. Someday you might make your own decisions, its fun.

Ohh and to anyone interested Coca-Cola is better at room temperature and be sure to shake the bottle or can 22-26 times before opening.

I think i didn't explain myself right before (Ofc i didn't i was in hyper-mode :D)

You see, if there was any version of PSU for PS3, then I would at least buy it and try, but thats not a possibility, right? Also, there's no way to find a PC version of PSU (maybe because the servers closed?). ergo: Leaves me with the jp server only. IS NOT THAT I HAVEN'T TRIED OTHER VERSION, IT'S JUST THAT I CAN'T. First point of yours and many others related goes to trash, if you excuse me.

Trust me in this: The short time i've been at PSU, i've loved it. All other games i played before... well... let's say didn't match right with this. I want to play GOOD GAMES to ENJOY THEM. If i didn't really enjoy a jp game, then why the heck would i play it? 404 error, sense not found?

And about your last point. Let's see... If i entered in this forum my by own decision, if i decided to click some buttons to download the game, if i decided to do some basic research at the same time i was asking certain things, if i decided to try and find an english community into a JP server, if i decided to explore some areas into the game, then, my sir, you are totally wrong about 'learn about making my own decisions'. If you want to say im some kind of idiot ass who likes to have idiotic fun, then go ahead, but you can't just go and critic me like that. And maybe you thought about that too.

I wouldn't like to have this discussion any far, but is now about if you have something to say to this.

RagolianHunter
Nov 2, 2011, 04:54 PM
No I have no additional comments, if I realized that you were in hyper-mode I would have never posted as that is some serious stuff.

Hyper-mode smiley face ON!

Enjoy the game, Im sure there are tons of players that will explian to you what every last item is that you happen upon.

Cheers, its a fun game and great time sink. Enjoy

Selphea
Nov 2, 2011, 05:28 PM
Btw, not -all- importers have played PSU. Some came straight from PSO, some have Japanese backgrounds and came from communities that focus on non-English games etc

CJ Johnny
Nov 2, 2011, 05:52 PM
This is getting interesting.

Let me guess.

Your next question will be....
'What will be the best race to play as Techer, Beast or Cast'.

Than the next will be.
'How to make fast meseta'.

Right on. my man.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 3, 2011, 01:45 AM
And about your last point. Let's see... If i entered in this forum my by own decision, if i decided to click some buttons to download the game, if i decided to do some basic research at the same time i was asking certain things, if i decided to try and find an english community into a JP server, if i decided to explore some areas into the game, then, my sir, you are totally wrong about 'learn about making my own decisions'. If you want to say im some kind of idiot ass who likes to have idiotic fun, then go ahead, but you can't just go and critic me like that. And maybe you thought about that too.
Making a fool of yourself online, that is also another one of your decisions ^_^

Keilyn
Nov 3, 2011, 07:38 AM
@WingDrow

This forum is an Independent Forum on the outside, but if you see its main page, you find yourself Ads supporting SEGA software (Phantasy Star Titles) and if you read this forum you find the same major problem existing in "official" forums exist here..

A lot of elitists who post acting like hot-shots because of their in-game "accomplishments" and rather than simply "answer" your questions, they will answer and blow you off at the same time. They will treat you as though you should have not been born on the simple request of an answer.

Trust me, its better to not be a member to this forum than to be a member.

You will find that regardless what happens in the Japanese Servers of the game, the content is a lot better and although you have anti-american groups, just like we have some anti-Japanese groups around here, you will find that Japanese people won't blacklist you on sight on the things you say or ask in a forum, unlike the Americans and Europeans who have blacklisted me simply for not agreeing with me in these forums without a single encounter in-game outside of an introduction.

This is the price one pays for a small community of importers..

Its true there are some English Speaking players in PSU-JP, but they are interlinked in some groups...So if you oppose some, you will watch entire groups distancing themselves from you or pushing their way away from you.

PSU-JP sounds like a 'Bigger Community" but the American and European groupies (notice Im not targetting everyone) and the way they think, act and behave will prove to you that its actually a much smaller community than expected.

Take my word for it, I've been on both sides of the fence in dealing with these people and what retains my sanity is the realization I am actually something in the real world, while the sheer majority of the elitist trash around here loves to rip off each one outside of their circle.

It would have made good sense for Administrators and Moderators in this forum to prove to be different than the attitude and conduct of official forums, but while official forums are more intense in elitist and rude + bitchy behavior the same pattern is found here...

Post only if you brave being slammed by a community that says "we are different" but acts the very same but on a more laid back, passive level...still throwing the same things.

Not everyone here is in that league and to those I apologize, but to those who are in the category I speak of...you know who you are.

PSU is a place that as soon as you cross anyone regardless of "good" or "bad" agreements, people will go behind your back rather than confront you directly. If you want to survive in psu-jp, be open to playing but don't let yourself be taken by the sheer amount of Elitists attempting to think they are "worth it" and spend their livelyhood attempting to "Compete with the Japanese" and post videos to that effect.

The game is fun if play it as it was meant to be and simply do what you wish to do. I feel this forum and official forums are more responsible for getting more people to leave the game than recruit them and I've seen the two polar extremes..

Well Good Luck,

...Also, please remember that some of those who will insult you here are fans of the game even though they no longer play the game and claim they have moved on, but still post here without actually playing a phantasy star game. ^_^ Just play the game for yourself and have fun and really...Don't take shit or garbage from anyone.

Selphea
Nov 3, 2011, 08:04 AM
JPs are more fun to play with – They use cuter smileys.

WingDrow
Nov 3, 2011, 09:44 AM
@Keylin

Guess I got myself get enerved by the trolls. My fault. :D

I already knew JP people are way 'nicer' than americans and europeans (This is why im interested in learning japanese ^^), i've been in more troll forums than you think :3

I may be european, but I don't share that thought of these... elitists, you say? I'd rather call them racists, in the case of trolling japaneses, or maybe just fat troll assholes, if you excuse the terms.

I wouldn't normally ask this ammount of questions, everything said; but all these people would do the same if they enter somewhere that they aren't familiar with, or thats what I think.

I thank those who kindly tried to help, seriously. And for these elitists... I'd tell them to get a life, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't, so instead, a suggestion: Go to 4chan, you'll have more fun there.

Now i kindly ask the admins or mods to close the thread, before it gets into a nonsense war :D

RagolianHunter
Nov 3, 2011, 12:36 PM
Not sure which catagory I fit into here, but I can confidently guess that if I came in here sprinkling sugar and rose petals that you would agree with whatever I had to say as well.

"already knew JP people are way 'nicer' than americans and europeans" Yet another fantastic quote, way to go!

"but all these people would do the same if they enter somewhere that they aren't familiar with" Um no, if you are about to travel to a foreign land you prepare yourself. LOL K' mates I'm off to some third world country, I have $80. bucks and a smile so I should be cool, right?
Sure...you might just get lucky and find a few JP people that are nicer than the americans and euopeans that will be glad to show you around, teach you how to read, etc. etc.

Dream world your in man. It's not all ponies and strawberries, even in JP land.

I have nothing against JP people hell I have a few as RL friends it's just to label them as "nice" is lame. Personality makes the person, not their race. Like seriously.

FOnewearl-Lina
Nov 3, 2011, 05:53 PM
Not sure where I fit in either, but I facepalmed when I got to "Ugh, I was just trying to sound nerdly funny" and subsequent posts went downhill from there, OP is not blameless.

I already knew JP people are way 'nicer' than americans and europeans (This is why im interested in learning japanese ^^), i've been in more troll forums than you think :3
Not true, they just won't tell you to your face if they have a problem with you, they'll post it anonymously on 2ch instead.

Selphea
Nov 3, 2011, 06:20 PM
Not sure which catagory I fit into here, but I can confidently guess that if I came in here sprinkling sugar and rose petals that you would agree with whatever I had to say as well.

Sorry, but bullshit sprinkled with sugar and rose petals is still bullshit.

LOL K' mates I'm off to some third world country, I have $80. bucks and a smile so I should be cool, right?

Depends on your skin color. You'd be surprised at how many countries (not even third world mind you) have white fever, and how far white fever can carry a person.

I have nothing against JP people hell I have a few as RL friends it's just to label them as "nice" is lame. Personality makes the person, not their race. Like seriously.

No wai! Everyone knows blondes are stupid, African Americans are better in bed and Chinese lolis half your size will kick your ass to the moon with mad kung fu sk1llz for looking at them funny!

Crysteon
Nov 3, 2011, 06:32 PM
No wai! Everyone knows blondes are stupid, African Americans are better in bed and Chinese lolis half your size will kick your ass to the moon with mad kung fu sk1llz for looking at them funny!

No fun comment against mexicans? Like our affection for piñatas, tacos and mariachis? :0

I dont know where I fit either, but I know this topic lost its original point: nothing.

TheAstarion
Nov 3, 2011, 06:50 PM
African Americans are better in bed

I resent that! Not every black guy is American! :D

RagolianHunter
Nov 3, 2011, 07:37 PM
LOL! at previous comments.

Nothing like the new cat trying to fit in.

Again to OP point is be yourself, have an opinion don't just agree with what sounds right or cool.

I have nothing against you, hell how could I, we have never met.

I know u came here with your "tyring to bring nerdy sexy cool back" thingy.

BUt honestly Timberlake it just doesn't work.

Next time I suggest just seriously being urself. Hell u made it this far in life it cannot be that bad.

Dont' try to impress, just be yourself. Then you can honestly say FU if you dont like me.

BUT if your saying what you think others will agree with you are merely a puppet.

(HINT: most puppets are made of a soft absorbent material which is a great substitue for a toilet paper .) Don't become asswipe, follow?

Dragwind
Nov 3, 2011, 09:34 PM
Closed by request.