PDA

View Full Version : Hunting rares for a friend, need hunting suggestions.

Zorafim
Nov 4, 2011, 02:35 PM
I'm looking for the holy trinity for when a young friend hits ultimate mode, since I know she won't be able to get them herself, and I want her to at least experience what it's like to be an uber ranger. But of course, since these aren't going to be my weapons, I want to have as easy of a time as possible hunting them. I already got lucky with the frozen shooter, so I just need the other two before I'm done.

Yasmokov 9000m: I think that's the name. It drops off Dubchichs, which I think the optimal hunting spot is Unsealed Door. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right; I clear the first two rooms, shoot Jellen at the Dubs, and handgun the terminal, and that gets me the optimal chance at a rare, right? As long as they all give exp, they have a chance at the gun?

Spread Needle: This one's going to be tough. Last time, I could pipe the hildelts for a rare spawn, and I could manipulate the spawns such that I get a higher rate of Dubchichs than expected. I don't think I can do that for Dark Bringers, though. And since my highest level is a redria, and I dare not enter ultimate ruins with anyone but her, I think I'm stuck with that. Any tips for getting a high number of Dark Bringers per run/restart? Or is there no way to get better than the average number?

chrisramar
Nov 6, 2011, 03:39 AM
yasminkov 3000m : purplenum

ultimate temple - crimson assassin - 1/788
ultimate mines - canune - 1/901

best just to keep doin ult temple runs (it took me 100! runs to get , so it could take a while)

spread needle : purplenum , greenill , redira , yellowboze

ultimate ruins - merlan - 1/901
ultimate ruins - dark bringer - 1/359

merlan would be the best option as they are more frequent , try doing 'seek my master' quest runs as there are about 24 merlans in the quest

good luck

Zorafim
Nov 6, 2011, 02:06 PM
Well, I'd rather remain with my Redria if at all possible. I could level a character from scratch without too much trouble, but I'd rather not.

I just realized that I was looking at DC's drop charts, and not GC's, for the Yas. So there's no way to get these without being a purplenum? Here I was thinking that one would be easy...

1/900 seems like a reasonable drop rate, if I do end up making that purplenum. I suppose if there's no way to get a bunch of Dark Bringers, I'm going to have to do that.

Well, thanks for your help.