PDA

View Full Version : Game Chrono Cross & Final Fantasy 5 on PSN..

darkante
Nov 5, 2011, 05:16 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-11-04-chrono-cross-final-fantasy-5-psn-release-dates

About time that CC gets on PSN.
Iīve been wondering if i ever would get it on mah PSP.

Yay! ^^

Rashiid
Nov 5, 2011, 09:47 AM
I looked into this and now saw a possible 3DS remake of FFV. I'm even more intrigued. DS remakes of oldschool Final Fantasy games have been great, especially when it comes to increasing the difficulty.

I never did give Chrono Cross a shot, only Trigger.

darkante
Nov 5, 2011, 03:50 PM
Agreed and i can easiely get FFV working elsewhere.

And Chrono Cross is a gem.
The story is great and there is so many character you can get in total and you arenīt done on the first runthrough of it like Chrono Trigger.
Since some choices impact what kind of characters you will get throughout the current runthrough.
Better yet, you get to manipulate time after you have beaten it to either speed up the game or slow down the game which is pretty neat and certainly helps in some parts.

Only reason iīm excited is that i canīt get it to work on the emulators iīve tried (donīt have a PSX/PS2/PS3).
Specially not on my PSP with CFW so iīm all for buying it now for my PSP since i like having it on the go.

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 04:04 PM
As huge of a chrono trigger fan as I am I've always hesitated to get interested in cross.

If it's 10 bucks like the PSX final fantasy's I'll definitely grab it. assuming it's less than 2gigs.

darkante
Nov 5, 2011, 04:13 PM
Yeah, i can understand.
In the end itīs all just ones opinion.

And i have a secret love for Dragon Valor.
But as with this game, i canīt get it to work properly although i do own the original copy.
And lets us not talk about Alundra...ohh man..another gem...(But i can get that to work lol)

NoiseHERO
Nov 5, 2011, 09:24 PM
5 used to be like my definition of final fantasy when I was a kid, and 6 was "the weird one with too much graphics that was secretly the most interesting" and 4 was "that one where you play as those two guys" And those two weird ass real life looking games are just some weird shit that has a huge fan base on the PS1 that my mom didn't buy for me yet.

But now it's like... I find it incredibly hard to get into after realizing what a story is.

I'd definitely play a 3DS remake without thinking twice though.

Randomness
Nov 5, 2011, 09:42 PM
5 used to be like my definition of final fantasy when I was a kid, and 6 was "the weird one with too much graphics that was secretly the most interesting" and 4 was "that one where you play as those two guys" And those two weird ass real life looking games are just some weird shit that has a huge fan base on the PS1 that my mom didn't buy for me yet.

But now it's like... I find it incredibly hard to get into after realizing what a story is.

I'd definitely play a 3DS remake without thinking twice though.

Yeah... Five is lacking in story. Six is significantly better in that regard. I mean, for the first six FF, the odd ones have no story, and the even ones do.

Crazyleo
Nov 6, 2011, 01:53 PM
Yay!!! I've recently downloaded Chrono Trigger on my PSP, and now I'll get Chrono Cross when I have some spare cash.

As for FFV, it was a Meh title to me. Completed it, but don't want to play it again.

Outrider
Nov 6, 2011, 09:10 PM
For you guys who have played Chrono Trigger but not Chrono Cross, it's only fair to warn you that it's really more important to look at it as its own thing rather than a sequel to CT.

[spoiler-box]You shouldn't be going into Cross looking for anything like a direct sequel (or heck, a faithful sequel) to the original.

There are connections, but most of them are tenuous at best and generally feel like a fan fiction writer jumping in after the fact.

It's, uh... also not terribly respectful of the characters & story established in the original game, to say the least.

The sad thing is that it was written by Masato Kato, the same scenario writer for the first game, except this time he wasn't working off of a story by Yuji Horii, which I guess explains why they're so radically different.[/spoiler-box]

It's still a neat game that has a lot of fun things going on in it, and I kind of love how there are so many ridiculous and varied party members you can recruit. It's also got nice, colorful graphics and a great soundtrack.

Just, y'know... don't go into it expecting Chrono Trigger 2.

NoiseHERO
Nov 6, 2011, 09:46 PM
For you guys who have played Chrono Trigger but not Chrono Cross, it's only fair to warn you that it's really more important to look at it as its own thing rather than a sequel to CT.

[spoiler-box]You shouldn't be going into Cross looking for anything like a direct sequel (or heck, a faithful sequel) to the original.

There are connections, but most of them are tenuous at best and generally feel like a fan fiction writer jumping in after the fact.

It's, uh... also not terribly respectful of the characters & story established in the original game, to say the least.

The sad thing is that it was written by Masato Kato, the same scenario writer for the first game, except this time he wasn't working off of a story by Yuji Horii, which I guess explains why they're so radically different.[/spoiler-box]

It's still a neat game that has a lot of fun things going on in it, and I kind of love how there are so many ridiculous and varied party members you can recruit. It's also got nice, colorful graphics and a great soundtrack.

Just, y'know... don't go into it expecting Chrono Trigger 2.

Yeah it was already obvious it'd be nothing like trigger, I was expecting something more like a weird psx final fantasy.

Actually most of the reason I probably haven't tried it yet is because I hated working with PS1 emulators, they're annoying to configure and still feel far from the real thing... e_e

GreenThunder
Nov 8, 2011, 12:56 AM
Kinda happy to hear that FFV is going to hit the PSN. Really hard to find a GBA copy of the game again, and when it happens, turns out it's really expensive.

Also going to be a good chance to try out Chrono Cross in my case, since I only got to play Trigger when the DS release hit.

Keilyn
Nov 8, 2011, 04:05 AM
This is the main reason why I like PCs...

On consoles and handhelds you buy a game like 10+ years ago and then the supply is phased out. Then if your console breaks and you want to actually play the same game you knew and loved you have to wait for a rerelease and then pay another $40 - $50 for the re-release on top of the platform cost...

You get a lot of rereleases with like an added video or map (like a 1 - 2% increase in content) and renamed things.....and are charged full price for an old game.

On a PC I can still look up Doom 1 (from 1993) and buy it, and then download and apply mod patches and be fine with it.

NoiseHERO
Nov 8, 2011, 11:54 AM
^ Well that's why I say I'm only buying anything on PSN if it's less than 10 bucks.

Crazyleo
Nov 8, 2011, 12:48 PM
I remember the first time I tried the game. My first thought was that it was radically different, but still very likable. Then as I progessed further into the story, I could see the connections between the two games.

And there is a SNES visual novel ROM that served as a backdrop for CC (with the same characters as well). Can't recall the name though.

Outrider
Nov 8, 2011, 03:30 PM
I remember the first time I tried the game. My first thought was that it was radically different, but still very likable. Then as I progessed further into the story, I could see the connections between the two games.

And there is a SNES visual novel ROM that served as a backdrop for CC (with the same characters as well). Can't recall the name though.

The game you're thinking of is Radical Dreamers. It stars Serge, Kid, Gil, and Lynx. Chrono Cross is basically a remake/expansion of Radical Dreamers, with the key connection being the robbery of Viper Manor.