PDA

View Full Version : Can I run it

DeathDragon2332
Nov 6, 2011, 11:40 AM
I just got a free PC from a friend and I was wondering if I can run PSU at Full spec and 0 FS. Its 3.2GHz Pentium 4 4Gig ram and GeForce 7950GT OC 512MB version. I can not stand FS2 and playing on a 680/400 screen anymore.

Selphea
Nov 6, 2011, 11:53 AM
Only one way to find out... =p

DeathDragon2332
Nov 6, 2011, 11:57 AM
Lol Thank you sir :P

Keilyn
Nov 6, 2011, 01:27 PM
I think you should be able to.

If you run on Windows XP itself (or Windows 7) you should be able to run it fine. Windows XP was designed for the specification you are running along with drivers. PSU uses Direct X 9c, so it will work. XP is more optimized for Single Core processors and takes less processing power.

If you install win7 you will have to deal with turning off a lot of things because the OS itself even at minimum takes more resources than XP at minimum. XP was designed with a single core processor in mind because when it was released that is what existed in the mainstream,

Pentium 4 3.2ghz is older than when PSU existed, but it was a fast single core processor. Keep your processes to a minimum and work with PSU itself.....and turn off all the background junk that steals your bandwidth.

I know this very well because the Pentium 4 3.2ghz competed with an Athlon 64 in Unreal Tournament 2004, however the two processors were also able to run Doom 3 and Quake 4 pretty well.

I don't see why without a little configuration, you shouldn't be able to run that system like a champion in PSU.

hewitt
Nov 6, 2011, 01:59 PM
canyourunit.com

ugonna100
Nov 7, 2011, 04:19 PM
My comp: 1.8ghz processor, Geforce 6200 1 gb ram. and i play fine, slows a bit down on fights but otherwise, pretty much fine! So i'm sure you could play :)