PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU ITT We cry about PA nerfs

Selphea
Nov 10, 2011, 03:12 AM
Assault Crush (Lv40):

Part 1 went from 305% to 235%.
Part 2 seems untouched
Part 3 seems to be close to Part 1, either 240% or 245%. Was originally 325%.

Tornado Break (Lv40):

Part 1 went from 280% to 260%
Part 2 looks like 240% or so, down from 290%
Part 3 seems untouched, strangely, or maybe dropped from 380% to 370%, either way it's barely noticeable.

I focus on GT and AT so I don't have any of the other affected PAs.

Conclusion: Business as usual for FMs. Everyone else gogo Twin Claws.

DeathDragon2332
Nov 10, 2011, 03:46 AM
Wow AC got lowered so much that sucks.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 10, 2011, 03:53 AM
Ac is now 20% weaker than it is on xbox 360.... onward to twin claws.

DeathDragon2332
Nov 10, 2011, 03:56 AM
Haha I was just going to say wasn't the 360 AC stronger. Umm what 2 twin claws got PA increase? I never used Twinclaws so I have no idea.

Selphea
Nov 10, 2011, 04:03 AM
Haha I was just going to say wasn't the 360 AC stronger. Umm what 2 twin claws got PA increase? I never used Twinclaws so I have no idea.

Renzan Seidan-ga (Hadoken Claw) and Rensan Senshou-ga (Shoryuken Claw)

DeathDragon2332
Nov 10, 2011, 04:04 AM
Ahh oki doki Ty sir.

TheAstarion
Nov 10, 2011, 04:19 AM
Ass Crush is just any old PA now. Average damage over two targets.

Renzan's 3 target buff is ridiculous. Not only do they increase the targets, they increase the power. This was the problem with Ass Crush. The first part of Renzan was already really good; good enough to be usable on its own on Xbox since day 1. The only way it and Bogga Robado could ever hope to keep up with AC was an extra target on part 1, and... well, Renzan got it.

Aside: this is one of the few buffs that (albeit indirectly, by influencing weapon selection) affects female characters slightly more than males. I know nobody uses regular attacks nowadays, but the 1-2-3 female claw combo beat the 1-1-3 of the males anyday XD

Shou
Nov 10, 2011, 04:50 AM
Ass Crush's nerf is really being blown out of proportion. It seems to be killing mobs in the same amount of combos as it used to (at least on AF). Its just less reliable now if you hit too many zeros. I think it was a fair nerf.

Xbox's Ass Crush is still weak because of its hit restrictions and their lackluster selection of twin sabers.

Selphea
Nov 10, 2011, 04:53 AM
I use normal attacks when I know I'm going to block an attack before my PA hits anything =p

Also, the 360 AC is 255%/215%/195% at level 40 according to PSUpedia, and the new JP AC is 235%/270%/240%. It's actually slightly better DPS-wise =p

The trouble is, if it was simply an AC nerf, AC would still be worth using. But it was a nerf while buffing something else way out of proportion (i.e. Hadoken Claw). So it's kind of like Coke raising their price by 20% while Pepsi drops their price by 40%. Sure, the 20% price increase isn't much by itself, but wouldn't it be better to just buy 2 Pepsis? Especially since Renzan and Sougacho are both exempt from AC's main weakness of having to wait for the 3rd part to put out most of its damage. Imagine those with EVP build AFs or WTs =x!

TheAstarion
Nov 10, 2011, 05:03 AM
Problem with Ass Crush balancing is the second target. It was pretty much the holy grail of DPS even before the initial buff, and it's still ridiculous.

Renzan's first part was a DPS wet dream too. And now it's omnicidal. Loving it!

Shou
Nov 10, 2011, 05:05 AM
Only in theory. How many times do you get hit by something before the third combo comes out and you have to start the combo over? And of course, the twin saber selection...

I know twin claws are amazing now. I wasn't comparing them. :)
I see it as more PA's for different monsters and situations.

TheAstarion
Nov 10, 2011, 05:26 AM
Except Renzan part 1, the all purpose wonder-PA that kills everything. If you have the balls to stand next to something. Which, let's face it, everyone with twin claws has.

Selphea
Nov 10, 2011, 05:28 AM
TBH, a darn lot as Human WT/AF due to EVP. On Cast, depends on mob. Svaltus needs some epic maneuvering, Brafal/Carriguine/Argine etc either swats you away from the front or runs away from the side or back. Also hard to get to the third part on multiple Dil spawns. Sorcs like to charge or teleport away and those worms in the snow map like to burrow after the first combo etc etc.

AC is probably still useful for soloing Ethan.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 10, 2011, 07:56 AM
TBH, a darn lot as Human WT/AF due to EVP. On Cast, depends on mob. Svaltus needs some epic maneuvering, Brafal/Carriguine/Argine etc either swats you away from the front or runs away from the side or back. Also hard to get to the third part on multiple Dil spawns. Sorcs like to charge or teleport away and those worms in the snow map like to burrow after the first combo etc etc.

AC is probably still useful for soloing Ethan.
King of Blood - Renzan Seidan-ga nuff said.

Selphea
Nov 10, 2011, 08:08 AM
King of Blood - Renzan Seidan-ga nuff said.

Exactly what I meant :O

Also, according to JP Wiki, Renzan lv40 is 330%/590%/760% ATP at 125% ATA :-o I bet the last part crosses 10k even on a Newman

Tawon
Nov 10, 2011, 08:19 AM
sigh and I wasted so much money on twin dil edges GDI

str898mustang
Nov 10, 2011, 08:23 AM
Exactly what I meant :O

Also, according to JP Wiki, Renzan lv40 is 330%/590%/760% ATP at 125% ATA :-o I bet the last part crosses 10k even on a Newman

:O

10char

Tawon
Nov 10, 2011, 08:24 AM
oh and my renzen is level 2! lol time to start leveling.. and then take my twin sabers PA+ and remove it and spend 20+ ap to get claws to 50 BLA

str898mustang
Nov 10, 2011, 08:26 AM
7 months from now....Renzen will be nerfed and Twin Daggers will be overpowered.

AnonymousHat00
Nov 10, 2011, 08:37 AM
I'm a little bit disappointed by the AC nerf, but at least acrofighters can use twin claws as well so I'm not that disappointed since they just made twin claws a hell of a lot more fun to use!

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 10, 2011, 08:49 AM
7 months from now....Renzen will be nerfed and Twin Daggers will be overpowered.

Lololol i said those same words to Omi hahaha

Shou
Nov 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
King of Blood

HP Steal :etongue:

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 10, 2011, 09:10 AM
HP Steal :etongue:
For ethan thats reallly good!!!

Shou
Nov 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
For ethan thats reallly good!!!

Stop trying to turn Ethan!!! D:
[SPOILER-BOX]Didn't realize you only meant while fighting him lol[/SPOILER-BOX]

Positive
Nov 10, 2011, 09:13 AM
Everyone hates ken'ei or something?

Red*
Nov 10, 2011, 11:41 AM
well, im sure everyone had the same problem... AC started to get boring. now i will play more with my techer.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 10, 2011, 11:53 AM
Lol gravity break and redda
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvf6iVXXhkE

DeathDragon2332
Nov 10, 2011, 12:28 PM
Lol what how is that right? Did they mess up

milranduil
Nov 10, 2011, 01:05 PM
Not that I tried the new PA balance/new PAs, but Renzan is lolpowerful. With AF and 50% Arza Garbots, and 1k HP, it does 6000, 11000, 14000 on combos 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The combos are 3x3x4 also, so needless to say the DPS is stupidly high. It way out does AC DPS-wise. The only thing AC had on it is the range of Twin Dils. Overall though, AF is still high and mighty. 6min WB hasn't changed. Also, comparison of Sougacho vs. Renzan for boss yielded technically Renzan having slightly higher DPS, but the ease of Sougacho, especially on for example Alterazgohg or Dark Falz, Sougacho killed faster due to its larger hitbox range.

Positive
Nov 10, 2011, 01:10 PM
Lol what how is that right? Did they mess up

It's right. The devs don't know how to balance things properly, so they go with the flavor of the month approach. :-?

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 10, 2011, 01:22 PM
Not that I tried the new PA balance/new PAs, but Renzan is lolpowerful. With AF and 50% Arza Garbots, and 1k HP, it does 6000, 11000, 14000 on combos 1, 2, and 3 respectively. The combos are 3x3x4 also, so needless to say the DPS is stupidly high. It way out does AC DPS-wise. The only thing AC had on it is the range of Twin Dils. Overall though, AF is still high and mighty. 6min WB hasn't changed. Also, comparison of Sougacho vs. Renzan for boss yielded technically Renzan having slightly higher DPS, but the ease of Sougacho, especially on for example Alterazgohg or Dark Falz, Sougacho killed faster due to its larger hitbox range.

Yep this!
Af with twin claws is uber and as i said before the update AF - Fighgunner , FF ,WT times wont change they will just have to change what they use.

Keilyn
Nov 11, 2011, 02:34 AM

I've always loved twin claws.

Keilyn can run twin daggers and twin claws at 50. I had her trained to be more of a Traditional Newman (High evasion clawgirls or dagger girls with techs) based on the first four games.

The only thing to twin claws are positioning, but you get some range, specially with the new twin claw PA. My build is an EVP build in which I pretty much block just about everything.

@Jess

Since you love beast girls, you'll love the damage you see from twin claws. Trust me on this one. Also, you won't have to manuever as much as you had to with AC on Twin Dils. This opens you up to several claws.

You can run with Twin Phyteumas for top damage, but you also have the twin falclaws and their stun SE on them.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 11, 2011, 09:32 AM
I've always loved twin claws.

Keilyn can run twin daggers and twin claws at 50. I had her trained to be more of a Traditional Newman (High evasion clawgirls or dagger girls with techs) based on the first four games.

The only thing to twin claws are positioning, but you get some range, specially with the new twin claw PA. My build is an EVP build in which I pretty much block just about everything.

@Jess

Since you love beast girls, you'll love the damage you see from twin claws. Trust me on this one. Also, you won't have to manuever as much as you had to with AC on Twin Dils. This opens you up to several claws.

You can run with Twin Phyteumas for top damage, but you also have the twin falclaws and their stun SE on them.

Twin sabers - Twin claws - Knuckles and Spears since the early days of psu have been a personal fave of mine i have renzan at 46 right now and ac could never even unnerfed compete with the dps of Renzan once 50 ill take sekka to lvl 50 and then Rensan (undeground pa which is 38 atm)

Keilyn
Nov 11, 2011, 11:24 AM
So far the Twin Claw PA (The one that does the hadoken on combo 3) is at 48.

So far when I am fully Buffed and run with ATP+5 and Elemental Burst + Element+ under a 40% twin phyteuma at 4/10 I am hitting for 10,000 in Combo 2 and 13,000 in Combo 3 as a Wartecher.

I am reporting this not as a "Showoff" but to state that since female newman has the lowest base ATP in the game and I like playing as WT, it should be higher on every race/gender combination under the same type or those that can use S-grade Twin Claws.

Also, I am hitting for more damage against 1 target with this PA vs 1 spot than Pre-nerfed AC on two targets vs De Rol Le.

milranduil
Nov 11, 2011, 12:19 PM
Pre-nerfed Twin Dil AC could hit 2 targets on De Rol though. De Rol is the only boss we really suffered on with the nerf since AC's range got reduced in combo 3.

Shou
Nov 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
You can still hit 2 targets on role with dills and AC.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 11, 2011, 02:36 PM
I think Blade Destruction is now better than AC on De Rol le..... also the room for error is now very small for ac on de rol le thanks to reduced range.

Shou
Nov 11, 2011, 02:39 PM
I have so much work to do for AF lol. I can't help but put MF and AT ahead of it though...

milranduil
Nov 11, 2011, 03:01 PM

It's much harder now though.

Keilyn
Nov 11, 2011, 04:00 PM
ok, after a near-disaster in grinding turning into a success story, I got three Twin Phytuema at 10/10, so I can tell you now the damage I see as Keilyn.

In the Ice Level (the new mission in Moatoob - Tongo in S3)

Keilyn's Parameters:

Female Newman

Wartecher Type 20
Character Level 180

ATP+5
Full Custom Power 2
Wartecher Buffs (Level 3 buffs 21 - 30)
40% 10/10 Twin Phyteuma
Shijin + Ohryou + LPC
Elemental Burst (Elemental Weapon Level 3)
Element Damage+ (Twin Claws)
PA Level+ 5 (Twin Claws 50)

Ranzen (the Hadoken PA) Level 50.

Here is the damage I see in the three parts of the combo

C1: 5900 - 6000
C2: 10900 - 11000
C3: 13900 - 14000

The highest I have seen is 14,200 - 14,300.

This is more formal than my last post. I will write what I get for the other PA when it reaches 50.

Edit: Notice I am not using Revenge Blast because its damage is variable...Also as soon as I enter a party, the ATs do a great job of keeping me healed up...so I rather have a more static output when delivering information.....but you all know the damage will be highest under revenge blast. Female newman being the weakest physically in ATP means all others who try the same combination should result in higher damage than me. In short I just filled out the "minimum damage" in the range.

Now I just need a male beast to do the same for the maximum damage and we will get a full range.

Selphea
Nov 11, 2011, 05:16 PM
I should totally do a damage calculator Excel sheet when I'm not so busy with schoolwork =x

Positive
Nov 11, 2011, 06:22 PM
This thread sounds more like wanking than crying. :wacko:

How is redda on de rol anyway? Can you kill it with that in one combo?

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 11, 2011, 06:42 PM
This thread sounds more like wanking than crying. :wacko:

How is redda on de rol anyway? Can you kill it with that in one combo?
I was thinking it might be good now might.... mine is only level 27 so for now.. also i doubt it will be good for FF too dam slow fighmaster it could be worth it but Spiral dance is dam hard to beat

RemiusTA
Nov 11, 2011, 09:01 PM
The reason the PAs have been and always will be either useless or OP (with slingshot balancing to boot, like now) is because the idiots never changed the engine to have the seperate hits of the PAs do different damage. Instead they have to buff by the entire combo portion. Instead of "oh hey AC does too much damage, lets make the [x hit] of [x part of combo] do less damage or not launch (or something)", it's "oh well they're spamming it, lower the multiplier on the last combo part, effectively making using it useless"

I remember in PSO, Launchers would have an initial hitbox, and then a seperate one for Splash damage that did less damage. If the seperate targets in this game (I.E, when you use a PA that has 3 hits and 3 targets) were able to have their damage adjusted than this wouldn't be an issue.

But oh well, everytime i check these they make one skill useless and then OP another one. I don't know what they're even trying to do anymore.

"HEY LETS ADD ANOTHER TARGET TO THIS SKILL"

> skill already does 100,000 damage each to 3 targets
> Now it potentially does 200,000 damage each to 3 targets

How does this even make sense?

Keilyn
Nov 11, 2011, 10:02 PM
In ohtori under level 5 buffs and Avenge I managed to hit for 18,000 damage on the 40% Twin Phyteuma. If it was a 50% Twin Claw it would have easilly hit for 20K as a female newman. ^_^

Thanks for the ohtori runs! ^^

Selphea
Nov 11, 2011, 10:11 PM
The reason the PAs have been and always will be either useless or OP (with slingshot balancing to boot, like now) is because they want people to spend craptons of GC on the flavor of the month weapon

Fixed.

Galax
Nov 12, 2011, 07:30 AM
I wanna know something, and I'm completely serious.

If Wartecher is hitting so much with Twin Claws, then why do I constantly get a negative response to being one? I trained WT to lv20, and all I hear is "EW YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON MASTERFORCE" or "Noob, WT sucks, be a Guntecher" and even "You have Fortetecher lv20 and you're choosing WARTECHER?". Stuff like that. No matter I've got Resta and Reverser at my fingertips along with Dimates, Trimates and Sol Atoms. Disregard my ease of hitting 3k with my Hadoken as a Male Newman. Don't even worry that I don't get hit as much as you might expect unless I get sloppy.

tl;dr? I suck, because Wartecher, according to every person I tried to be friendly with in lobbies, save about 10 people.

Why is this opinion still around? I don't get it. Some of em reccomending GT are even the same ones who laughed at Guntechers when we got lv10 techs. So now we get lv30 techs and lv40 bullets and suddenly we're badass? Very smooth.

EDIT: Not that I mind Guntecher. My old character, as I recall, got it to lv17 or so, only topped by WT 19.

EDIT 2: I've just noticed the tag on this topic. I guess you could disregard this, then; Sorry.

Keilyn
Nov 12, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'll explain it, but please read what I post

I played as Masterforce and it became a favorite type among newman. I've also played as Wartecher. The two are my favorite types for Newmans. Wartecher is a class I like more than Masterforce in psujp.

So below I will explain what Wartecher is and its "magic" and "mentality."

Wartecher is an Offensive Support Class. Newmans in PSUJP get a 5% boost in stat in PSUJP. WT was weak prior to the stat boosts, but even so very few players know how to play it well.

In PSUJP a WT can use any striking weapon except slicers, of course there are the A and S rank limits. They also get access to limit breaks which are killer vs some bosses and work well against enemies. They also get bows and cards. The bows with PA level+ gives Level 4 SEs and 40% weapons.

The role of the wartecher is at the center of the party, like the Queen in the game of Chess. They fill any gap in your offense or defense. A master type is very specific to either Striking, Ranged or Techs, but can not mix them. A Wartecher is not supposed to outdamage a primary master type directly, but rather be very flexible and combine things together.

Players say WT sucks because its not a direct type where you can just maul everything, you literally have to actually think and due to the weapon arsenal and PAs you have the class starts out weak and in order to get it strong you first have learn a techer's mentality on how and when to use TECHS. You also have to learn both, ATTACK AND SUPPORT mentality as a techer.

You then have to learn Fighting Mentality and learn where to use Skills and raise those PAs. The same is true about Ranger Mentality on how to support others with Cards and Bows.

Due to this, your advantage comes in tactics...Knowing strengths and weaknesses of your enemy. Not only can you FORMULATE strategy due to the lifeblood of the type, you have the means at your disposal to offensively support ANY TYPE IN THE ENTIRE GAME.

A techer isn't doing enough damage? You can throw in your tech.
Fighters aren't doing enough or need some SE help...You got your techs....
A techer is about to be overwhelmed? You got your skills to help.

Gunners need an extra person with bullets? You got your bows and your line techs.

You have something for every situation out there, and combined with an Acrotecher who is Defensive Supporter, you got something special.

Newmans and Humans in PSUJP get 2 SUVs at their disposal too.

Right now I view newmans and humans as the best Wartechers. Humans have Balance, but Newmans have Evasion....and an EVP build allows you to actually look at the battlefield and look at the greatest threat on the field, then you can use your MST to resist tech damage, and EVP to block attacks long enough to go invulnerable and destroy the primary threat on the field...or weaken it.

You can LITERALLY pick apart an enemy from a group and annihilate it.

The primary reason why you get Americans who say "WT sucks" is because American Mentality is about individualism. They do not appreciate those who "Support" others. Look to any band and you find a bass player or drummer considered to be "a backseat" to a Frontman. The same is true when you play a support role in sports... No one ever hails the Safety in Football for stopping an attack, nor do people appreciate a point guard in basketball. No one talks about how great the defense was through a goalie in hockey. People appreciate the Hero, not the weapon-maker, strategist or army that the Hero has.....

In other nations around the world.....specially out of Europe, to be a support person is considered as Honorific. This is true in Africa, Most Asian Nations and Practically every single middle eastern nation out there. Even in Central and South America, people appreciate and respect those who support others...

Your negative response comes from the American Mentality. I don't see Japanese players saying "WT sucks, play MF instead" that usually is an American (and European thing)

However WT started as weak and improved with time...but WT is not an "EASY CLASS" to learn and to play. I consider that to be a more "Mature" type. One that requires Balance, Evasion along with some tactics and even a consideration for others.

If you are playing Wartecher to "Show OFF" and say "I pwn all" then you've got the wrong type if you think its a pure damage-dealing type. You aren't supposed to OUTDAMAGE any of the Primary Types in their Central Ability. You have such a wide access to skills, techs and even some bullets to be able to help others in need by kicking ass with them in your own special way. So you are a specialist....^_^

However for WT to be very good you will need to FULLY GAS WT, learn this game inside and out and even know some tactics and have a completely different mentality. A healthy Ego is important too....because when your EGO is unhealthy and your role is to support others offensively, you have nothing but disaster waiting to happen.

I know you posted to ignore this, but i couldn't because it happens that I deal with it sometimes in-game.

Halcyote
Nov 12, 2011, 11:07 AM
I wanna know something, and I'm completely serious.

If Wartecher is hitting so much with Twin Claws, then why do I constantly get a negative response to being one? I trained WT to lv20, and all I hear is "EW YOU SHOULD BE WORKING ON MASTERFORCE" or "Noob, WT sucks, be a Guntecher" and even "You have Fortetecher lv20 and you're choosing WARTECHER?". Stuff like that. No matter I've got Resta and Reverser at my fingertips along with Dimates, Trimates and Sol Atoms. Disregard my ease of hitting 3k with my Hadoken as a Male Newman. Don't even worry that I don't get hit as much as you might expect unless I get sloppy.

tl;dr? I suck, because Wartecher, according to every person I tried to be friendly with in lobbies, save about 10 people.

Why is this opinion still around? I don't get it. Some of em reccomending GT are even the same ones who laughed at Guntechers when we got lv10 techs. So now we get lv30 techs and lv40 bullets and suddenly we're badass? Very smooth.

EDIT: Not that I mind Guntecher. My old character, as I recall, got it to lv17 or so, only topped by WT 19.

EDIT 2: I've just noticed the tag on this topic. I guess you could disregard this, then; Sorry.

Other than Keilyn's really long rant; Wartecher, for most of the game's lifespan, suffered from having way too many "useless" A-rank weapons at their disposal as well as constantly being outshined by other classes. I would also say that the introduction of Acrotecher has also practically killed this class because they were more specialized than Wartecher. For the longest time, Wartecher didn't have any access to the more popular S-rank weapon types and a level 30/20/30/30 PA cap didn't help them either as there was always a class that could outdamage & outsupport them easily. It's only recently where WT can compete with FF/AF/AT (on JP) thanks to GAS and other upgrades, but they still lack a speed boost.

Remember, this is a game where a lot of the community is way too concerned about being and having the best. Wartecher can allow creativity for the player as the weapon choice can allow many different "builds", but WT will always be the "close, but no cigar" class. It's FF/FI/AT lite, and why have the lite version when you can just play the actual class?

Also it's sort of a meme that WT will always be the worst class in the game.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 12, 2011, 11:37 AM
Hear ths thing kiddies NEWS FLASH WT is just as good as AF FF FI ect on the (Japanense Servers) Vivi dezza - Renzan - Sekka and Tornado Dance for travel they are not in anyway lacking they have on my beast WT nearly 2400 atp 2nd highest HP & 2nd highest Defense.

Though sorry Ant Dizzy (if your reading this) Wartecher still sucks on the Xbox 360 servers and will forever as they will never see vivi dezza or the Silver cranial whip.

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 12:23 PM
Hear ths thing kiddies NEWS FLASH WT is just as good as AF FF FI ect on the (Japanense Servers) Vivi dezza - Renzan - Sekka and Tornado Dance for travel they are not in anyway lacking they have on my beast WT nearly 2400 atp 2nd highest HP & 2nd highest Defense.

Though sorry Ant Dizzy (if your reading this) Wartecher still sucks on the Xbox 360 servers and will forever as they will never see vivi dezza or the Silver cranial whip.

You forgot Sabarta and highest effective solo EVP* for a lv40 Skills type =p

*Effective solo EVP i.e. EVP after accounting for self-buffs/debuffs

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 12, 2011, 12:37 PM
You forgot Sabarta and highest effective solo EVP* for a lv40 Skills type =p

*Effective solo EVP i.e. EVP after accounting for self-buffs/debuffs

That too lol WT on jp is no joke.

Omega-z
Nov 12, 2011, 01:50 PM
Halcyote - Keilyn wasn't ranting and was telling the true with the class. But your post was ranting and adding speed to WT lol.:lol:

Keilyn - I agree Newman/Neuman are very good with the WT class.:):rappy:

Positive
Nov 12, 2011, 02:20 PM

Hilarious. No one knows how to read.

You all like to rant that much? :-o

Omega-z
Nov 12, 2011, 02:43 PM
Positive - Actually

Originally Posted by GalaxTheWanderer

everyone just chose not to disregard it.

Keilyn
Nov 12, 2011, 03:25 PM
That too lol WT on jp is no joke.

I told you before that I was trying to play WT well....back at the days we met playing at ohtori. I wasn't complete back then, but im closer to completion today. Of course I remember being laughed at by several skeptics....but I'm happy w/ the type I play and that is what counts most. ^_^

Omega reminds me of one thing that a professor once told me in regards to music. Her quote is as follows:

"If you don't passionately believe that your instrument is special and the best of instruments, then you shouldn't be playing that particular instrument...but if you think your instrument is just the best without applying yourself first, then you shouldn't be in music to begin with"

~The professor who taught me how to play a Piano. ^_^

Halcyote
Nov 12, 2011, 03:37 PM
Halcyote - Keilyn wasn't ranting and was telling the true with the class. But your post was ranting and adding speed to WT lol.:lol:
I never said that's what I personally believed about WT in my post. Most of those were reasons I've seen from the community why WT sucked.

I bet you'd think this post was a rant too! :V

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 12, 2011, 03:48 PM
I told you before that I was trying to play WT well....back at the days we met playing at ohtori. I wasn't complete back then, but im closer to completion today. Of course I remember being laughed at by several skeptics....but I'm happy w/ the type I play and that is what counts most. ^_^

Omega reminds me of one thing that a professor once told me in regards to music. Her quote is as follows:

"If you don't passionately believe that your instrument is special and the best of instruments, then you shouldn't be playing that particular instrument...but if you think your instrument is just the best without applying yourself first, then you shouldn't be in music to begin with"

~The professor who taught me how to play a Piano. ^_^
WT got really good when 1: Vivi dezza came out 2: Silver Crainal/Seed Vitace reacher came out 3: Sa-techs which recently came out and lastly that stat boost they had soon after i first joined all helped to making WT the class it is today.

Keilyn
Nov 12, 2011, 04:17 PM
WT still was good at bosses with the Limit Breaks. The last stat boost it got was actually minimal, the one before it was massive. It was fixing the stats taking the Hybrids from 3% to 5% and giving to other races at least each hybrid at 2%.

I would use the newest Axe PA a lot after a limit break....and there were situations where Twin Daggers were better than AC for me. In the event where we had to fight boss after boss to get to the end, I would kill off the Bills with one full Twin Dagger PA combo vs the two Twin Dil attacks.

A limit break Gi-foei under FCP 1 and 2 would hit Four spots on rolei, combined with Feril Force it became something to be reckoned with. There were also the Bows for bullets and PAs.

Of course the SA-Techs are a nice thing too. Weren't they broken at first or have some bug upon release?

You forgot to mention that the Human/Newman SUVs also made the class special too. ^_^

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 08:51 PM
The last stat boost it got was actually minimal

The last stat boost put Human WT TP at ~50 points higher than Human FT TP, and HP at ~80 points higher than Human FF HP* :(

Omega-z
Nov 12, 2011, 11:09 PM
Halcyote - Sorry if I didn't catch on, I do see where your coming form.

Keilyn - What's with the Music bit, I know what you mean by it but I think it's a little out of place to compare it to me?

But back on topic - I mange to kill the bird's at top flight with all 3 parts of Rezen-ga, And the new buffed GB works pretty good on the De Ragan S3 did over 36K (all 3 hitboxes work on it) in one combo with a weakling ice sword. Using a nice one should be very high. In fact Redda should be higher due too the fact of ignore Def to it's hits.:)

RemiusTA
Nov 13, 2011, 03:23 PM
Why dont you all just admit that this game has no direction with its balancing lol

Selphea
Nov 13, 2011, 04:35 PM
It's balanced by a Japanese company, when have they actually gone for balance? :O

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 13, 2011, 06:23 PM
Why dont you all just admit that this game has no direction with its balancing lol
Next to no game out there can claim to have a perfect balance.
Players will always find something that turns out to be best thing to you in games.

Selphea
Nov 13, 2011, 06:35 PM
Maybe so, but only the Japanese balance with the express intent of making a game broken. Like Yoshinori "OP characters promote competition!" Ono from Capcom and his fetish for strapping young Chinese men.

Keilyn
Nov 13, 2011, 07:57 PM
Maybe they should fix the remaining weak PAs and then throw an S4 difficulty level and be done with it.

Shou
Nov 13, 2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe they should fix the remaining weak PAs and then throw an S4 difficulty level and be done with it.

That would be a dream come true. You know SEGAC will still dripfeed it though...

Dein
Nov 13, 2011, 09:49 PM
Pretty sure they're going to at least do more rounds of PA balancing so I'm hoping they touch up some of the Double Saber PAs when they do. If they did nothing more than boost the target counts for Gravity Dance and Absolute Dance to mach the PSP2i versions I'd be plenty happy.

Selphea
Nov 14, 2011, 07:00 AM
They need to add Charge Shots or something =x Since PC/PS2 closed, Fighters have gotten tons of new skills, Techers have gotten LBs, Grants techs, Sa-techs and some useless tech I can't remember. And gunners have more or less stayed the same for the past 2 years, except for some crummy FPS mode buff -_-

desturel
Nov 14, 2011, 09:58 AM
Maybe so, but only the Japanese balance with the express intent of making a game broken. Like Yoshinori "OP characters promote competition!" Ono from Capcom and his fetish for strapping young Chinese men.

Which is why Yun, Yang and Fei are all going straight to crap in v.2012

Positive
Nov 14, 2011, 11:10 AM
They need to add Charge Shots or something =x Since PC/PS2 closed, Fighters have gotten tons of new skills, Techers have gotten LBs, Grants techs, Sa-techs and some useless tech I can't remember. And gunners have more or less stayed the same for the past 2 years, except for some crummy FPS mode buff -_-
Not gonna happen. Most actual gunners are GMs who fap over speed. Every other type of gunner has melee/tech to fall back on. :-?

str898mustang
Nov 14, 2011, 11:21 AM
would be nice to see Rifle or laser get a limit break option. PSO:BB (least on the forbidden server), there was a rifle you could shoot and it would pierce through every hit box (it would own De Rol le)

Mystil
Nov 26, 2011, 04:13 PM
Assault Crush (Lv40):

Part 1 went from 305% to 235%.
Part 2 seems untouched
Part 3 seems to be close to Part 1, either 240% or 245%. Was originally 325%.

Tornado Break (Lv40):

Part 1 went from 280% to 260%
Part 2 looks like 240% or so, down from 290%
Part 3 seems untouched, strangely, or maybe dropped from 380% to 370%, either way it's barely noticeable.

I focus on GT and AT so I don't have any of the other affected PAs.

Conclusion: Business as usual for FMs. Everyone else gogo Twin Claws.

LOL Tornado Break has had like 5 changes, some buffs and some nerfs.

And they finally decided that Assault Crush needed to be nerfed??

Positive
Nov 26, 2011, 07:14 PM
And they finally decided that Assault Crush needed to be nerfed??
No such thing. They just wanted people to grind some twin claws so they can get more money.

Keilyn
Nov 26, 2011, 10:48 PM
No. They needed to Nerf it. It was the one PA that everyone used that was far more effective than any other PA in the game. A Twin Dil Edge + Assault Crash pretty much destroyed everything out there.

Practically every TA video that characters capable of using Twin Sabers would spam that as a primary PA for the entire round, capture it and post it.

Positive
Nov 26, 2011, 11:22 PM
You missed the whole point. Have you used twin claws or even played this game lately?

DeltaViolet+
Nov 28, 2011, 01:36 AM
No such thing. They just wanted people to grind some twin claws so they can get more money.

Lets be fair here, regardless of twin claws they nerfed Assault crush because it was overpowered.

RemiusTA
Nov 28, 2011, 02:25 AM
Everytime they nerf one ability, the one under it becomes the "broken one that everybody spams" anyway.

Cloudstrife xx
Nov 28, 2011, 04:16 AM
While everyone is raving about twin claws (which they should be)
Cyclone dance and Gravity Break's new found power has made Fm just epic!
How can i best explain Cyclone dance hmm you remember how powerful prenerf AC's 3rd part was welll its like that without having to do part 1 and 2

Keilyn
Nov 28, 2011, 05:36 AM
You missed the whole point. Have you used twin claws or even played this game lately?

Yes. I play Female Newman Wartecher.

My Twin Claw and Twin Dagger PAs for the most part are Level 50. However, unlike most who leveled during PA boost in the Ice mission, I had them at 40+, some at 50 because of how I play Keilyn.

I play Keilyn as a Traditional Newman, like Nei and Rika.

The type that are very quick, very fast...agile Claw/Dagger Girls with a tech who fight in the front or middle lines usually. I've done that for a very long time. Even the clothes she tends to wear are more fighters clothing vs spellcasting clothes.

It was my interpretation that the weapons would behave as follows:

Twin Daggers = very fast, many hits, lower damage.
Twin Sabers = Moderate to Fast, Higher Damage, Moderate amount of hits.
Twin Claws = Slowest of the Three, Less amount of hits, Greater Damage, Less accurate.

Lately, I've enjoyed one of my favorite pastimes in the game so it has got me to play a lot more.