PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Is it worth REpicking up

xpNeGaTiVeqx
Nov 10, 2011, 02:47 PM
I played PSO Ep 1 & 2 for the Original Xbox from 2003-2006.

I also played PSU in 2006-2008 only reason i left is lack of people i knew who played it.

My question is if me and my friend were to pick it up and get all setup is it worth playing in 2011. Like does everyone run around with crazy amounts of money?

HeartBreak301
Nov 10, 2011, 03:09 PM
PSOX is no longer supported on xbox live, so the best you'd be able to do is play solo with a registered xbox live account.

If you want to play splitscreen you're going to need to pick up the GC copy of the game, if all you want to do is play across a distance together, download Blue Burst on the PC. It's free, has more content and has a pretty decent playerbase.

xpNeGaTiVeqx
Nov 10, 2011, 03:12 PM
o im sorry i ment PSU is that still going strong?

HeartBreak301
Nov 10, 2011, 03:13 PM
Oh shit, sorry about that... been a long day. Get it if you want to, but the general opinion from what I'm seeing is to get PSP2 or just wait for PSO2.

Midori Oku
Nov 10, 2011, 03:16 PM
If you stopped playing PSU 360 in 2008 then there are many things you can do now. I believe it is worth it, but then again that is just me.

As for your money question, I don't really understand. There are people who have billions of meseta, if that's what you're asking.

APEXi
Nov 10, 2011, 03:28 PM
short answer, no its not worth it

DeathDragon2332
Nov 10, 2011, 03:33 PM
Not really. Not 360 anyway.

VexedEyes
Nov 10, 2011, 03:40 PM
Meh, i just canceled my sub. to it. there are alot of new things to be seen yes, as well as lots of people, but the general lack of respect mostly ruins it.

Nov 10, 2011, 04:15 PM
I would say from just standing in the lobby of the jp psu pc servers and seeing nothing but 40%+ armor, weps, new pa's, guardians cash options, new stages, better events, exp boost, better clothes, original content and not reskins...No its not worth picking up the xbox psu, matter of fact its not worth picking up the jp pc psu cause it will just let you know that Sega gave US/EU the beta version of PSU all along and I am debating whether or not to cancel both subscriptions. If PSO2 is anything like the contrast of JP servers on PSU compared to the rest of the world, I will never support another Sega game again, I recommend you pick up both to see exactly what i mean and I promise you that you will feel the same way.

Sorry about that people, didnt mean to go on a venting spree, just putting a little color to my observation of just being in the JP servers for 2 hours....

Oh and btw if you do happen to jump on the jp servers the japanese players are not as cool as everyone think they are, if you try to talk to most of them they will blist you and never help you, you will have to depend on your US/EU counterparts already over there....

Scejntjynahl
Nov 10, 2011, 04:26 PM
Oh and btw if you do happen to jump on the jp servers the japanese players are not as cool as everyone think they are, if you try to talk to most of them they will blist you and never help you, you will have to depend on your US/EU counterparts already over there....

I find this to be true of any game. I find it easier to say that if you differ in any way a group of people will seldom want to associate with you in general. Take for instance MH Tri and depending on the time zone you get on... Ive found many people looking exclusively for people who speak Spanish only. Then on the same token Ive found rooms saying English speaking only. So it is not surprising that psujpn does the same thing. Hell, even in pso some of us alienate the jpn players by saying such things as " I dont understand your moonspeak". Birds of a feather flock together.

As to the topic on hand. I would guess that once pso2 and psp2infinity hit the shores the population of the Xblox360 will diminish significantly. So on that note alone I would suggest you don't waste your energy and time on a game you will most likely be dropping soon.

bupjo
Nov 10, 2011, 05:12 PM
is PSU 360 worth re-picking up?

HELL NO!

Selphea
Nov 10, 2011, 07:35 PM
This is what we look like to the Japanese:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJzkiPLbos

Thank the obnoxious importers spamming penis symbols for that perception

CJ Johnny
Nov 10, 2011, 09:06 PM
Absolutely worth it.
100%++

Prime time is less then 3 stars.

The best part is.

'GUARDIANS Boot Road' is on.
No 50%=Boot.

What a best time to Re-Join.

Halcyote
Nov 10, 2011, 09:14 PM
omg that reminds me of when i used to play ragnarok online private servers

RedRaz0r
Nov 10, 2011, 09:24 PM
If you have to ask, then you already know the answer is no.

Vintasticvinn
Nov 10, 2011, 10:11 PM
The game is still fun and its what you make of psu that matters.

Dragwind
Nov 12, 2011, 04:30 PM
If you've been gone for that long, I'd suggest giving it another go. Someone who hasn't played PSU for that long has a lot of content to see. If you're bringing a buddy along for the ride? That's even better.