PDA

View Full Version : Does your character exist outside of PSU?

Titan
Nov 12, 2011, 07:31 PM
Is your character based off of someone or will they continue on to PSO2 with the same names?

str898mustang
Nov 12, 2011, 08:09 PM
same names

Ilikelamp7
Nov 12, 2011, 08:22 PM
It's always been the same names for any RPG I've played.

Keilyn
Nov 12, 2011, 08:34 PM
Yes, but they are originally from stories I put together.
I am unsure if I would play PSO-2 initially on release.

Crysteon
Nov 12, 2011, 09:13 PM
It's always been the same names for any RPG I've played.

^This, no matter if it's online or offline...I've always had a pattern to name my chars, lolz. *points and laughs at Noel in ToW:RM3*

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 09:16 PM
No, SSJ7GOKU and SSJ9SEPHIROTH are out of fashion. SSJ14SASUKE is getting old too =(

cristfc
Nov 13, 2011, 07:22 AM
All different, I only pick same name in diff servers (JP PSU was with same names US PSU), now, for different games, different names ;-)

BIG OLAF
Nov 13, 2011, 11:15 AM
PSU was the first iteration, but I've remade my main characters in SCIV. I won't be using them in PSO2, since that would be weird...what would the same characters be doing on a far-off space flight? Doesn't make sense.

Yes, I take character names pseudo-seriously like that. As in, I find it strange to reuse them unless it actually makes sense. Once their identity is established, I feel as though I can't magically place them somewhere else without a decent reason.

Shirai
Nov 13, 2011, 11:50 AM
Same name, only for one character though. Shirai, all my other characters will probably have the same name as my PSO characters in PSO2 rather than my PSU character names.

Galax
Nov 13, 2011, 11:50 AM
For me, the name "Galax" is a mask - My characters use it as I use it. I use it because I'd prefer not to parade my real name, and I make it as my characters use it because they know that helps ID me to those who know me, etc - I make histories for my characters. The name of my current Newman on PSU, Juno, is not, as the jokers would have you believe, based on a movie about a pregnant girl. It is based on Megaman Legends 1. The final boss was named Megaman Juno. I should've kept the CAST, but now I have Galax 2.0, so...all's well.

As to anywhere else Galax exists, any game where you can name your character that I have played. Custom Robo Arena, Harvest Moon, PSO, PSU, even Runescape and Neopets when I played those...Galax has existed there at my creation, in one form or another. My gamertag on Xbox? BitingGalax. He even exists there. It's a part of me now - I think more people I talk to know me as Galax, Juno or Migit than they do as Ryan.

tl;dr? The name Galax is a must for me. Juno and Migitgun might resurface.

Noblewine
Nov 13, 2011, 01:33 PM
Universe was my first onlime game so I probably reuse my name often in any other net game. However, any games like Dragon Warrior where I can only use names that consist of four or five letters limits me.

Titan
Nov 14, 2011, 08:12 AM
My PC doesn't run PSO2 so if I ever do get a new PC, I'll try it out with different character names but still the same initials SBXEKT. I'm always modifying the names slightly kind of like each character existing in different alternate dimensions. Strawberry was renamed to Stubborn Bitch (SB), Xavier to X☆vier, and Spongebob to Titan:etongue::etongue::etongue:

TheAstarion
Nov 14, 2011, 11:03 AM
I have a series of works-in-progess, and I recycle the character names, personalities and general design concepts (redhead that wears green, etc) from game to game wherever I can. As I, and a few others, tend to RP in Phantasy Star games, it makes the interactions flow a lot easier; I can get into the mood of a character I'm more familiar with a lot more easily.

In the same way that PSO has been included in PSU canon, I tie my characters together in the same way. I'll be using the core ones in PSO2 again, and allow the storyline to shape my secondary characters.

Sinue_v2
Nov 17, 2011, 10:21 PM
No, of my four PSU characters on the main games, two of them are uniquely Gurhalian. The two who were tied to the original PS series and came from Algol are dead by the end of Ep III. I'll be going into PSO2 with totally new and unique characters.

Linka
Nov 18, 2011, 02:44 AM
well, my main on PSP2 on my main mem stick[my red 4-gig one.] is Linka, and she was basically just the version of her i made in PSU first, remade for better accuracy using PSP2's system. however, beyond that, Linka's really just Link from legend of zelda hit with Rule 63. and ive used her in two other games as well. back when i still had Soul Calibur 4, yeah. made her there. and in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time? again, Linka has spawned.

so, yeah, i got one, sorta.

pikachief
Nov 18, 2011, 12:05 PM
My main in PSU will always be my male cast, VOLTRON, just being thrusted into a different dimensional rift towards each game. Sad life to live but he feels no pain and cannot show emotion so he's fine.

as for everyone I think i'll switch them up but I may keep Kitty in PSO2.

RemiusTA
Nov 18, 2011, 04:48 PM
I uh....don't understand this question.

Sinue_v2
Nov 19, 2011, 05:09 PM
I uh....don't understand this question.

Well, it's not like Weird Science if that's what you're thinking.

Although that would be awesome.

rezakon
Nov 19, 2011, 07:07 PM
VectorPrime will be resurrected as a FoCast in PSO2.

Other then that I will probably have to think up new names for my other characters since I've always been strictly a Cast player and they've all been named after transformers. I think the only one I have had outside of PS games is Megatron in RF Online.

Akaimizu
Nov 21, 2011, 06:33 AM
My PSU characters generally only exist in the PSU related arc, as far as Phantasy Star is concerned. That is PSU, PSP1 and 2. They likely won't be around for PSO2. They have been used in non-related games, since I don't care about a story arc and whatnot for them. Stuff like Cladun 2X and 3D Dot Heroes.

Atemisc
Nov 28, 2011, 04:59 PM
My old character Atemisc is in PSU to some degree. As close as I could get him. Not really much that matches him, clothes wise. I like the hair, though. I just imagine he ended up changing outfits due to it being a different time and all. I'm sure I'll try to recreate him in PSO2 as well.

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af66/Atemisc/AtemPsu.jpg

VexedEyes
Nov 30, 2011, 03:39 PM
My char was named same as my gamertag, but i used the short version of it being "Azy" for almost any game i had the option to name a char that i've played.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Nov 30, 2011, 05:06 PM
My PSU characters were either named after previous OCs or reincarnated PSO characters. I think my first PSO character was originally a Chao in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle. Should I get PSO2 and the hardware to run it, they'll likely return.

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 11:54 PM
All my PS characters after PSO are from my first memory card characters in Ep 1&2.

I make sure my Humar ages a bit each time to reflect...well, me.

MoonlightMyau
Dec 3, 2011, 10:46 AM
My main character and alter-ego, Buster has been with me since PSO Dreamcast. He will most certainly be in PSO2.

I also created versions of him in Dragon Age & Oblivion.

str898mustang
Dec 3, 2011, 11:03 AM
yep, here is Orius after he joined some band, lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1137920_f260.jpg

Ender123
Dec 24, 2011, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=BIG OLAF;2700747]PSU was the first iteration, but I've remade my main characters in SCIV.

You made your PSU characters into SCIV also? I never thought anyone else had! What a surprise.

Keilyn
Dec 24, 2011, 08:53 PM
yep, here is Orius after he joined some band, lol

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/1137920_f260.jpg

On another note Orius....

Been a Guitarist for a musician for 15 years and it never ceases to amaze me how so many people come around with so many tattoos. I get philosophical stories that lead me to believe someone is imprinting their own diaries or life story on their bodies. So much disillusion from these..