PDA

View Full Version : New to the jp server

bounky37
Nov 12, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hey, so i'm that guy. The one who doesn't know any Japanese and is trying to get by with trial and error while learning how every button in the game works. I didn't expect any english community whatsoever when I first joined this server but I figure I might as well ask. Anyone out there with a lowish level character that wants to group up or something?

str898mustang
Nov 12, 2011, 08:08 PM
no offense but u should really learn how to play the game in English before u jump into it in Japanese

bounky37
Nov 12, 2011, 08:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I know how to play the game as it was offline perfectly. The problem is most of the things besides basic menus are completely different, or just seem that way due to the language while your online.

edit- I guess I can say the reason i'm lost is because every menu and item is Japanese and it takes me some time to translate for synthesizing and such.

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 08:30 PM
no offense but u should really learn how to play the game in English before u jump into it in Japanese

TBH since PSU's UI was designed to be console-friendly, it's actually pretty retard-proof. A player can probably figure most things out after a few hours of blind mashing/trial and error.

Of course, knowing either basic Japanese or playing either PSU will help tons, but if you come from like, Steparu or OnRPG i.e. communities that go through JP/KR games like a Fighmaster with LPC goes through photon charges then PSU is on the easier side of the spectrum, at least until you need to use Exchange Missions and GAS.

synthesizing

The only thing you should synth on JP is grinders =p For everything else, search player shops and you'll probably find a cheap weapon/armor that you want for less than the cost of materials. Especially since there's a grind boost right now, there's a lot of high attribute 0/9s for <100k that can really help a new player out.

bounky37
Nov 12, 2011, 08:37 PM
The only thing you should synth on JP is grinders =p For everything else, search player shops and you'll probably find a cheap weapon/armor that you want for less than the cost of materials. Especially since there's a grind boost right now, there's a lot of high attribute 0/9s for <100k that can really help a new player out.

Information like this I really appreciate, thanks. Yeah, as I play I keep the Katakana charts and such up, but translating becomes a pain and I just find it easier to randomly click things.

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 08:39 PM
Information like this I really appreciate, thanks. Yeah, as I play I keep the Katakana charts and such up, but translating becomes a pain and I just find it easier to randomly click things.

Are you ingame right now?

str898mustang
Nov 12, 2011, 08:40 PM
couple sites for ya

psu.amesani.org
romaji.org
psupedia.info

I apologize for the post earlier...i thought u were fresh outta the box on this game.

if ur online right now, I'll exchange cards with ya

bounky37
Nov 12, 2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah my name ingame is Bounky, and no worries

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 09:06 PM
Where are you? If you're in your room I think you need to open a shop before we can go in.

str898mustang
Nov 12, 2011, 09:07 PM
he is most likely FC since he just joined.

bounky37
Nov 12, 2011, 09:11 PM
I'm doing a mission in moatoob. Yeah I bought the game code so I got the room, but I don't even know what to press to open up a shop even if I remembered to =/

Selphea
Nov 12, 2011, 09:14 PM
Which universe (i.e. channel) and lobby? Universe should be displayed on the bottom right of your screen when you're in a lobby. As for lobby... just describe what it looks like =p

bounky37
Nov 12, 2011, 09:17 PM
universe one, and theres a robot guy with the car from story mode, 2 orange exits, rocks and stuff. Also I think its an alliance military base

Zerolimit
Nov 13, 2011, 07:13 AM
if you ever need help Im willing im not really on much since i play the 360 version due to the fact that i like the rpg aspect of it more then the content (both would be nice), but if you need someone PM me.