PDA

View Full Version : What Race/Gender will you play?

Pages : [1] 2

Dinosaur
Nov 14, 2011, 05:46 PM
Topic.

I will be going newm and caseal because they're the least played races in the entire series, so I'm going to do the Phantasy Star community a favor by doing so!

Both will primarily be Forces.

Alpha 2 population statistics:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/testers3.png

NoiseHERO
Nov 14, 2011, 06:03 PM
/selects 4

Selphea
Nov 14, 2011, 06:09 PM
A Pandaren.

Oh wait-

Noblewine
Nov 14, 2011, 07:02 PM
HUmar Melee and some magic

RemiusTA
Nov 14, 2011, 07:17 PM
Probably anything that isn't a Cast.

Arkios
Nov 14, 2011, 07:20 PM
I'm going to wait until I have stats to go off of.

I'll be playing a RAmar or a RAnewm to start off.

Norco
Nov 14, 2011, 07:37 PM
HUmar or HUnewm for sure. Leaning towards HUnewm. I like going into meele, but I also like the option of casting techniques, even though they might not be the strongest. Losing out of defensive stats or dps is not an issue for me if I decide to pick HUnewm.

(Basing stat stuff on how it have been in other phantasy star games)

Macman
Nov 14, 2011, 07:50 PM
FOnewm, RAcast, RAmarl, HUmar.

Anon_Fire
Nov 14, 2011, 08:06 PM
HUcast

Dragwind
Nov 14, 2011, 08:20 PM
I'm going with my tradition, and making two mains. Human + CAST.

Kent
Nov 14, 2011, 08:26 PM
I generally have a FOmar and a HUnewearl. I like my balanced characters, and I sincerely hope they, and their proper hybrid-style gameplay, are actually combat-viable in this game.

RemiusTA
Nov 14, 2011, 08:41 PM
I always start with Humar, or at least a Human Male. My second character is usually a Newman Female force.

Skye-Fox713
Nov 14, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ramarl all the way, and it will probably be the only character I play.

D-Inferno
Nov 14, 2011, 09:29 PM
Why isn't Cast dominating?

SolRiver
Nov 14, 2011, 11:22 PM
I have no clue. Have to see who look better in character creator.

EvilMag
Nov 14, 2011, 11:28 PM
But Casts make the credits roll. Have you not play PSO?

Kion
Nov 15, 2011, 01:20 AM
I'm split between RAmar or RAnewearl. It's going to depend on the character customization options.

Neo Flint
Nov 15, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'll give you a hint: They look the coolest. <3

Mr. Mid-Boss
Nov 15, 2011, 03:12 AM
Definitely going to at least play a HUnewearl. Been using a specific character in each of the games I've played, and I have no intention of breaking her attendance streak now.

And I definitely am going to play a FOcast. Those guys look awesome.
Then again, androids in general are awesome.

RemiusTA
Nov 15, 2011, 03:32 AM
this might be the first game where i dont make a hunewe-

wait, nevermind. Didn't have one in PSU because they were shit.

After seeing the PSO2 Alpha? I probably won't be going anywhere near Hunewearl this time around.

BlackCosmic
Nov 15, 2011, 07:49 AM
Gotta try em all!

Valkyrie Lovrina
Nov 15, 2011, 07:50 AM
always have been a female newman. ^^

also, gonna play a bit with HU & FOcaseal.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 15, 2011, 09:18 AM
HUnewearl all the way.

Ghost Inside
Nov 15, 2011, 12:10 PM
Caseal!
I've always been caseal... How could I be anything else? :sad:
Metal skirts forever! :jpsmile:

Why so few? I feel lonely here... :cry:

Scejntjynahl
Nov 15, 2011, 01:22 PM
I must abide by my tradition. Beneficial or not, my calling is to be a Caseal. Nothing will deter me from this path.

SuperChoco
Nov 15, 2011, 01:30 PM
Definitely a Humar or Hunewm, whichever will fit the Wartecher status more.

Fenn777
Nov 15, 2011, 02:04 PM
Male because it's easier for me to roleplay a male character.

Race? Really depends on how they turn out.

Macman
Nov 15, 2011, 02:24 PM
I'll give you a hint: They look the coolest. <3So FOnewm, FOcast, HUnewm and RAmarl?

Ghost Inside
Nov 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
I must abide by my tradition. Beneficial or not, my calling is to be a Caseal. Nothing will deter me from this path.

Yay, more caseals! ♥
*hugs*

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2011, 03:30 PM
I'm still fairly undecided between caseal and newearl. HUcaseal served me well in PSU, but that was back when caseals were clearly superior in both stats and looks compared to other races. I'm mostly interested in looks, though. By the looks of it, I'll love the caseal's clothing, same as in PSU. But caseals don't get hair, and the fleshy hair looks amazing. By the looks of it, that might be the deciding factor.
However, I haven't seen the higher level clothing. Caseals get some neat clothing options, while Newearl doesn't (barring FO, which I might end up using). The high end stuff might make me change my mind, making me favor newearl even more.

So, um, newearl. They look closer to their original concept in this game, I can make them look creepy and beautiful like I enjoy doing, and their hair looks amazing.

A Pandaren.

Oh wait-

It's funny because it's a silly race, except they're taking it seriously!

lostinseganet
Nov 15, 2011, 04:31 PM
I want to be like lina inverse in the slayers anime :)

Dinosaur
Nov 15, 2011, 05:41 PM
For those of you wondering about stats.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO21151.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO21152.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO21153.jpg

Dinosaur
Nov 15, 2011, 05:43 PM
After seeing the PSO2 Alpha? I probably won't be going anywhere near Hunewearl this time around.

That might be because they didn't have other costumes to begin with in the first place, but I totally agree. Japanese people overplayed her to the max...

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2011, 05:56 PM
To summarize the graphs, the biggest difference between stats between races is 15%. Most stats are much less of a difference than that.

D-Inferno
Nov 15, 2011, 06:00 PM
That are just alpha stats, it's probably best to ignore them.

Dinosaur
Nov 15, 2011, 06:09 PM
They're also level 1 stats. As usual, the difference is more apparent at greater levels. I saw a 150 HP difference between a lvl 20 HUcast and a lvl 20 HUnewearl.

Kyerea
Nov 15, 2011, 06:32 PM
Cast Master Race for me. Looking forward to RAcast, HUcast and HUcaseal in this installment. Might try out a HUmarl as well.

Overall the stats appear to be balanced pretty well. Now to wait for the game itself. :P

Zorafim
Nov 15, 2011, 06:41 PM
They're also level 1 stats. As usual, the difference is more apparent at greater levels. I saw a 150 HP difference between a lvl 20 HUcast and a lvl 20 HUnewearl.

That doesn't really tell me much. If they had around 1.2k health, it would be the same ratio.
And what do you mean, as usual? When else has the difference between stats become greater as you level? I thought they got smaller, if they didn't stay the same.

Kent
Nov 15, 2011, 07:32 PM
But Casts make the credits roll. Have you not play PSO?
The only cast to cause PSO's credits to roll was the Dreamcast.

RLbitClassica
Nov 15, 2011, 08:11 PM
I can't decide whether to be a Hucast, Racast or Ramar. I like the way some of the human costumes look, but I really don't ever use techniques(even If they are available to me), so cast will probably be my race just for practicality purposes. I might also pick Humar, but probably not.

Vintasticvin
Nov 15, 2011, 08:53 PM
I might be leaving FOmar despite my love for the man dress for a HUnewm or maybe a FOcast.... those look too cool to pass up on maining as. D:

Mike
Nov 15, 2011, 09:46 PM
The only cast to cause PSO's credits to roll was the Dreamcast.
And it was the best cast ever.

•Col•
Nov 15, 2011, 09:53 PM
Not surprised about HUmarl being low... But why no love for the Caseal?

Happy to see the rest are relatively balanced. I likes me some diversity.

Norco
Nov 16, 2011, 06:53 AM
Interesting. I always figured HuNewm having more Striking and Defence then HuNewearl. I see they already have moe HP then HuNewearl. Once again I am basing this of the PSZ stats which I think work very well.

Pretty much same difference can be found in PSU. HuNewm get higher ATP and HP, however there HuNewearl get more defence. Either way I find that these classes normally lack dps compared to the other classes but gain evasion.

Sorry for going slightly off-topic.

D-Inferno
Nov 16, 2011, 04:04 PM
Again, those are only the alpha lv1 stats, which are subject to change. However, we can probably get an idea one what each stat prefers each class. I'll make a list that points out what the likely influences from strongest to least for race, class, and gender influcences will be in the final.

HP, Striking
Hunter > Ranger > Force(best influence)
Cast > Human > Newman
Male > Female(weakest influence)
Not a whole lot to say here, really.

PP
Equal everywhere, which is actually surprising. If this changes, expect it to follow the stat order of Tech and Mind.

Defense
Hunter > Ranger = Force(best influence)
Cast > Human > Newman
Male > Female(weakest influence)

Defense is weird for Races and Gender, since Mar and Cast start the same, where's the other four are the same. However, logic, as well as it being said that Casts being better physically(Newmans are supposed to be best at "The Photon") implies that it'll likely be Cast > Caseal > Mar > ect at the end. Striking will probably end up this way as well. Another interesting thing to note is that Forces are equal with Rangers on Defense(their HP is lower though, so they are still overall more frail disregarding buffs/debuffs).

Ranged
Ranger > Hunter = Force(greatest)
Cast > Human > Newman
Female > Male(weakest)
Not much different from the above, except it prefers females, and Forces are equal with Hunters at shooting. FOcasts and FOcaseals may end up using quite a bit of guns.

Tech, Mind
Force > Hunter = Ranger
Newman > Human > Cast
Female > Male(weakest)
Almost the polar opposite of the physical stats. Tech is what you expect it to be. Mind may appear to be even for Humans and Newmans, but logic says that Newmans will have the advantage at the end.

Ability
Cast > Human > Newman
Female > Male
I'm not sure what Ability does, but I don't think it has anything to do with Evasion(Luck-based Accuracy and Evasion are gone now I believe).

Response
Caseal = Newm > the rest
This class structure doesn't really make any sense to be honest. Probably better to see what the second alpha does for it. Humans are probably going to be weak with this though. This could be related to evasion, but then again, luck-based elements(Attacks "missing", ect) are probably out.

Overall, aside from Tech(like he needs it), Mind(but his HP is high, which cancels it out), Ranged(even then, your Cast), he is either #1, and for Ability and Response(maybe), #2. I think we can safely say that...

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/Lord_Edryl/HUcast.png

•Col•
Nov 16, 2011, 05:20 PM
Does anyone remember what the Ability/Response stats represent again?

I can't remember.

RemiusTA
Nov 16, 2011, 06:28 PM
The stats are stupid, but there's still the skill tree and any unseen weapon usage bonuses/animation differences(lol)/skill tree abilities/racial abilities that would completely change things.

If this game is simply like PSU, where every weapon generally follows the same BASIC linear damage formula, and the only real distinguishing feature between characters are stats, then that chart is pretty gay.

And for an MMORPG-type game, the removal of accuracy, or any luck-based elements, is absolutely retarded to me. What on earth are they going to do in place of such a thing?

Dinosaur
Nov 16, 2011, 06:36 PM
And for an MMORPG-type game, the removal of accuracy, or any luck-based elements, is absolutely retarded to me. What on earth are they going to do in place of such a thing?

Considering the fast action pace of the game and the inclusion of just guards, they probably want less RNG and more adventure/action based elements.

With that said, your evasion and accuracy is your spacing on the field. This makes the game much more skill and execution based rather than "oh i crit and dodged, i win" kinda thing.

In terms of Ability + Response + Ment stats, I think they're just requirement stats to learn abilities for the corresponding class. They might even add your the power behind the corresponding class you are.

Ability = Hunter skills (PAs)
Response = Ranger skills (traps..?)
Ment = Force skills (spells)

I think that was a little obvious, but combined with the fact that there will be a sub-class system, it makes a little more sense. Thus, according to the stats, HUmarl and HUnewearl seem to be the best hunter/techers, HUmar and HUcast are the best ranged hunters, etc.

NoiseHERO
Nov 16, 2011, 06:56 PM
Looks like the same diversity from PSU...

Just cut mars and marls in half with beasts and beastearls

BEASTEARLS

RemiusTA
Nov 16, 2011, 07:08 PM
Considering the fast action pace of the game and the inclusion of just guards, they probably want less RNG and more adventure/action based elements.

With that said, your evasion and accuracy is your spacing on the field. This makes the game much more skill and execution based rather than "oh i crit and dodged, i win" kinda thing.That would be implying that they couldn't be mixed together, or that you get more depth without it. The problem with not using it is that you are relying 100% on the player and the computer AI, which is problematic because it makes it too easy for the game to be either too easy or too hard.

Most games that are like that (DMC3, Ninja Gaiden 2) are that way because the games have given the characters movesets that allow them to clear out fields of relentless enemies and never be touched. DMC3 pretty much revolves around never getting touched, and getting hit/grabbed in NG2 on harder difficulties pretty much insures death. This wouldn't be an issue at all if this were a solo game, but it isn't. If rangers have perfect accuracy, and hunters are able to play stages like it's an actual action game....you know, im envisioning issues.

Not to say they can't create things that make it work well...

Edit: and ive been saying Just-Guard was the worst idea to keep from PSP2 ever. It's just not a good idea to be able to be invincible to whatever you see coming just because you see it coming. That's the stupidest thing ever, hopefully they're smart enough to have an attack priority system in place that encourages you to not try and tank every attack like some kind of demigod like i could in PSP2.

"OH LOOK A FREIGHT TRAIN, GOOD THING I SEE IT COMING AND HAVE A SHIELD EQUIPPED, I DONT EVEN HAVE TO MOVE, HURRAY FOR SKILL-BASED GAMEPLAY!"

Once again, it works well in a game like DMC because it's 1) 100% skill based and 2) you're encouraged to never get hit. But PSO2 is an Action-RPG. You're not only encouraged to get hit, you're generally supposed to be expected to. Trying to push this game into more "skill based" gameplay is extremely overrated to me, they're just going to implement more systems and features that'll make the game not fun in the longrun...

•Col•
Nov 16, 2011, 08:10 PM
In terms of Ability + Response + Ment stats, I think they're just requirement stats to learn abilities for the corresponding class. They might even add your the power behind the corresponding class you are.

Ability = Hunter skills (PAs)
Response = Ranger skills (traps..?)
Ment = Force skills (spells)

I doubt it.

If I remember right, there are two types of damage in this game, Physical and Photon(Magic).

Defense = Physical Defense stat(duh)
Ment = Magical defense

Would make sense if Ability is the accuracy stat and Response is the evasion stat.

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 12:20 AM
He could be absolutely right. Ability could simply be the stat used for learning physical skills, and Response (response to photons...?) could be used for learning Technique-related stuff. Or (hopefully), skills can use a combination of the two.

But since there seems to be no "miss" in place, or even psuedo-miss (like PSU's blocking, which i thought was a much more superior substitute actually unless they didn't display the animation, in which case it was no better and still annoying), i have no idea what either Accuracy or Evasion could be used for.

Accuracy can mean gun decay, but it'd have no use for melee animations, which alll have set animations and hitboxes. Evasion is useless because accuracy is useless -- nobody can miss, and all characters have evasion techniques. Unless each stat directly modifies the attributes of attack animations or evasion animations/invincibility frames (unlikely for this game), i dunno what it could mean. Perhaps Ability and Response are class-specific stats that simply dictate how quickly you can learn stuff. Thats my best bet, unless theres some system we haven't seen yet.

Anyway, i think the stats would look far more balanced if casts were still unable to utulize Techniques and Mind/Mental Defense related advantages. But we all know how that stupid argument goes.

NoiseHERO
Nov 17, 2011, 12:31 AM
Evasion = whether or not your spammable DBZ dodge will work. HOHOHO

Accuracy Pokemon Obvious.

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 12:32 AM
That would be the most amazingly annoying concept for anything ever, hahahaah i'd rather not having any control over evasion at ALL than to have it just randomly not work. Hilarious.

Although i must say, Blocking is awesome, but nothing is more awesome in an RPG/PSO than being an inch from death, having an enemy take a big swing at you, and that *ping!* sound comes up with a blocking animation. Or a sidestep and a "miss" before i pop that x-potion. Cue wonderous feeling of narrowly escaping death :D

It's far better than the feeling of a boss charging up an awesome looking attack at you, only to unleash it, when you then find out that no, you couldn't avoid the attack, get blown away, and then realize you were supposed to actually stand and block the solarmehamehadoken he was getting ready to fire at you. My first reaction during action games to an attack that does ridiculous damage to me is to 1) have enough HP to survive and 2) NOT GET HIT. If forced to block, it works much better when the game somehow lets you know without completely letting you know.

NoiseHERO
Nov 17, 2011, 12:34 AM
"HAH I DODGED YOUR ATTACK BOOMA INCARNAT-SHUUUNUUNNNNiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnn hao'd you heet muh ballsssss..."

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 12:45 AM
that'll never happen, the step lasts 80 frames and 65 OF THEM ARE INVINCIBLE

GOD I LOVE SKILL BASED GAMES, THEY ALWAYS MAKE ME NARROWLY ESCAPE DEATH BY PRESSING THE GUARD BUTTON WITHIN 60 FRAMES ( one second ) BY PRESSING THE GUARD BUTTON

IIRC you had like 10 frames to Royalguard something in DMC3. In Blazblue, guarding 8 frames before an attack collides is an instant guard. That's like .16 and .13 seconds respectfully. In PSP2, it had to be like 30 or 40 frames of leisure time.

NoiseHERO
Nov 17, 2011, 01:18 AM
Now I feel like playing megaman battle network...

Lastboss: "WILL YOU LEARN THE TIMING AND DANCE PATTERNS TO DODGE THROUGH MY STRONGEST AND REALLY LONG SUPER ATTACK?! MUHAHAHAHA!"

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 01:49 AM
Should i feel bad for never completing a Battle Network game? It's not that they were ever bad. I'd just save, stop after an important dungeon...and never really care to pick it back up again.

Same with Pokemon games. I'll trash a few Gym leaders with a few pokemon i grew close within the first 2 hours of gameplay. Then stop one day and never care to pick it back up.

I know that i stop with Pokemon because its battle engine bores the shit out of me after a few hours, since it feels like so little really changes. Battle Network though, i just can't remember why i bore of it.

Linka
Nov 17, 2011, 07:18 AM
RAmarl, HUnewearl, HUcaseal, RAcaseal. yeah. my HUnewearl's gonna be my general hunter, RAmarl and RAcaseal my rangers, HUcaseal to focus entirely on the new whip things. cuz they be awesome.

Ce'Nedra
Nov 17, 2011, 07:24 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p32/Lord_Edryl/HUcast.png

This again? We already had this on PSO ;s

D-Inferno
Nov 17, 2011, 08:17 AM
What current gen MMORPGs use RNGs anywhere besides drops?

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 02:56 PM
...what current gen MMORPG doesn't? Its almost impossible for them to get away from using them. But I always liked PSO for NOT using them in the upgrading system. Well, it used them in the tekker system, but that's completely different.

Kent
Nov 17, 2011, 04:14 PM
that'll never happen, the step lasts 80 frames and 65 OF THEM ARE INVINCIBLE

GOD I LOVE SKILL BASED GAMES, THEY ALWAYS MAKE ME NARROWLY ESCAPE DEATH BY PRESSING THE GUARD BUTTON WITHIN 60 FRAMES ( one second ) BY PRESSING THE GUARD BUTTON

IIRC you had like 10 frames to Royalguard something in DMC3. In Blazblue, guarding 8 frames before an attack collides is an instant guard. That's like .16 and .13 seconds respectfully. In PSP2, it had to be like 30 or 40 frames of leisure time.

I liked the dodge roll mechanic in Lost Planet 2 (never played the first one, so I have no idea if its is present or different). Basically, as long as you dodge roll at the right time, you can evade any attacks. However, you're only invulnerable at the start of a dodge roll, and you take double damage if you're hit at any other point in the rolling animation (which means instant death in most cases).

The hilarious part is that it works on anything - Machinegun fire, charged energy shots, melee attacks, hand grenades that you literally dive into, giant monsters ramming your train car, giant monsters jumping and landing on top of you. The only thing keeping you from dodge-rolling the nuclear missile explosion that can be triggered on a specific multiplayer map is the fact that the explosion's damage area (which instant-kills everything on the entire map) lasts more than the quarter-second or so of invincibility frames you get when rolling.

It's one of those things that's a basic game mechanic that just goes on to be a refuge in audacity in the extent that it works, and it can oftentimes be hilarious.

Similarly, there's Dark Souls, which works about the same way (assuming you're light enough to roll), but limits you with a stamina meter that's used for blocking, dodging, sprinting and attacking. Good luck trying to parry though - a lot of enemy attacks are just as snappy as your own, and in the case that they aren't, they're probably trying to hit you with something that's larger than you are (don't try parrying that). Riposte attacks after parrying though are so satisfying.

What current gen MMORPGs use RNGs anywhere besides drops?
Literally all of them.

Some forms you may be familiar with are dodge statistics and critical hits.

NoiseHERO
Nov 17, 2011, 04:41 PM
Stupid final fantasy, now I'm hoping there's a PA for whatever spear-type weapon we have that's like the dragoon jump. D:

•Col•
Nov 17, 2011, 04:56 PM
Stupid final fantasy, now I'm hoping there's a PA for whatever spear-type weapon we have that's like the dragoon jump. D:

Pssh. Why would you want that when we have a PA that lets us ride our spears like a fucking surf board.

Totally radical, dude. 8D

Scejntjynahl
Nov 17, 2011, 05:01 PM
All this talk about PA's... makes me wonder if we can fight with our bare hands without any weapon equipped? I kind of miss that from old PSO. I also miss that HUcaseals had different animations for certain attacks. They really should bring that back.

RLbitClassica
Nov 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
They brought that back with PSZ, so maybe It will be in PSO2 as well. In PSZ, you even got a PA to use when fighting with your bare hands, It was pretty cool.

NoiseHERO
Nov 17, 2011, 05:09 PM
It IS in PSO...

What I'm hoping is that like PSZ it'll also have PAs and like PSO it'll also have weapons that go along with it.

Dunno why PSU had sockem boppers. But I'll definitely have fists as my main "weapon" if they make it sufficient instead of a nostalgia gimmick like it was in PSZ.

@ Coloya: It was more genie like than surfboard, there's just something cool about ninja jumping off the screen and slamming into an enemy, even Kirby does it. Well actually PSU DID have a PA like that... AND IT WAS ON ONE OF MY FAVORITE WEAPONS, THE CLAW.

But hope they bring back a similar move.

RLbitClassica
Nov 17, 2011, 05:13 PM
yeah, using your hands was just a joke in PSZ. I don't remember if it was useful in the original PSO or not.

NoiseHERO
Nov 17, 2011, 05:19 PM
Original PSO had fist weapons like PSU but using the bare handed animations. I think... or I'm sure.

I've only seen screenshots and heard about em myself but also heard they were still kinda weak...

The barehanded fighting in this game doesn't look that bad, even though it was only in one video, and for like a couple seconds...

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 06:57 PM
If these bastards were smart, they'd do away with "fists" and adopt a fighting weapon more like Beowulf / Gilgemesh from DMC3/4, where you have weapons on your hands AND feet.

I seriously hope they tone down the ridiculous attacks in this game. I'd like to feel more like a Human than some kind of odd...thing.

Riding on my Spear was cool for like, the first 3 times i did it. Then it just got annoying.

Jonth
Nov 17, 2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I personally like semi over-the-top attacks...

By end game.

I like the feeling of first setting foot in a new game world and feeling pretty weak, because I know there is a lot of room for growth and development. If I can fight like an expert magic ninja space pirate, and unleash 10 hit combos that involve me doing 3 somersaults in the air from the get-go... The whole process of having to level your character is cheapened.

RLbitClassica
Nov 17, 2011, 08:00 PM
Agreed. over the top isn't neccesarily 'better'. Kinda why I liked PSO better than PSU. Attacks were more down to earth(at least at the beginning)

•Col•
Nov 17, 2011, 08:45 PM
]All this talk about PA's... makes me wonder if we can fight with our bare hands without any weapon equipped?[/B] I kind of miss that from old PSO. I also miss that HUcaseals had different animations for certain attacks. They really should bring that back.

Check the sticky, brah. You can attack with your fists whenever a weapon isn't equipped.

yeah, using your hands was just a joke in PSZ. I don't remember if it was useful in the original PSO or not.

It wasn't. But like Michaeru mentioned, there were invisible gloves that used the default animations of attacking but gave you a HUGE attack boost. Brave Knuckle ftw. :3c

Dinosaur
Nov 17, 2011, 09:51 PM
In PSO, the only thing I remember bare-hand attack was useful for was to go through walls.

RemiusTA
Nov 17, 2011, 10:23 PM
It wasn't very useful, but it was fun when you would play with lower levels and just run around kicking and punching shit to death. And some characters had different attacking animations.

It was just a little perk of the game i guess.

NoiseHERO
Nov 18, 2011, 07:31 AM
Well "fist" weapons/combat always used both arms and legs right? In general I just want them to be useful because I like choosing the "monk" class.

As for the action being over the top or whatever...

Yeah I'd rather this game be more like Zelda than Kingdom hearts. But I think PSP2i and the already beastmode combos we've seen just from the Alpha Test pretty much kills any hope of that.

chibiLegolas
Nov 18, 2011, 02:19 PM
HUnewm main.
FOcaseal sub.

Macman
Nov 18, 2011, 05:50 PM
Stupid final fantasy, now I'm hoping there's a PA for whatever spear-type weapon we have that's like the dragoon jump. D:Jabroga for spears.

Kent
Nov 18, 2011, 09:47 PM
Pssh. Why would you want that when we have a PA that lets us ride our spears like a fucking surf board.

Totally radical, dude. 8D
That's nothing. Here's where they got the inspiration for it, another Sega series (they still pull names from it for characters in promo screenshots for PSO/U, too):

1:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQTHxwOAs_U

Nothing beats having a BFS that's also a pulse rifle, laser cannon, and has the ability to transform into a surfboard and used as the best ramming attack ever invented.

Of course, the best part is when it fails in an abrupt and anticlimactic fashion (as seen here).

Sinue_v2
Nov 18, 2011, 09:59 PM
I won't really know until I actually have the game and get a chance to do some builds. See how I like the different characters and classes. My first PSO character was a HUmar, and my favorite was my RAcaseal, but the one I played the most was my Melee oriented FOnewearl.

Hmm... Melee FOnewearl... I may try that again. Those were fun times.

rezakon
Nov 18, 2011, 10:13 PM
After Seeing all the options, RAmarl & FOcast.

RemiusTA
Nov 19, 2011, 12:29 AM
Yeah I'd rather this game be more like Zelda than Kingdom hearts. But I think PSP2i and the already beastmode combos we've seen just from the Alpha Test pretty much kills any hope of that.

Zelda's a good example. The reason the bosses are fun is because you have to overcome them.

You don't "overcome" anything on PSU. You just run straight the fuck through it.

In PSP2, you can run through them, and then laugh as they try to hit you back and just hurt themselves.

Rotek
Nov 19, 2011, 02:01 AM
Caseal!
I've always been caseal... How could I be anything else? :sad:
Metal skirts forever! :jpsmile:

Why so few? I feel lonely here... :cry:

Me too i love cast and guns so i will be a Caseal since it seems from alpha stats that they have a bit more Ranged ATK than Males.:-D

Dinosaur
Nov 19, 2011, 02:34 AM
Happy to see the choices balanced.

But poor Marl. More Marl love.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/humarl.jpg

[spoiler-box]
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/PSO2-0131.jpg[/spoiler-box]

RLbitClassica
Nov 19, 2011, 04:38 AM
Wow, anyone else notice that that Ramarl is wearing heels?? Seems like a strange/uncomfortable/fashionable way to fight hostiles.

rezakon
Nov 19, 2011, 05:40 AM
Happy to see the choices balanced.

But poor Marl. More Marl love.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/humarl.jpg

I think for many it depends on what they find best fits what they like.

Most will probably change their minds or persona when they get hold of the character creation system. I saw it happen the day PSU launched and people were set on being x or y and ended up being beast...

Our poll is probably more accurate then most fan sites considering most people around here know what they want to play but still it happens.

Heck I said to myself if they released another PS game I wouldn't be cast like in every other version, what happened? FoCast, FoCaseal!

cosmos-169
Nov 19, 2011, 06:47 AM
HuNewm's stats are poor but they look the coolest,i guess i will go mar

Dinosaur
Nov 19, 2011, 07:27 AM
Almost forgot about these Marls!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/news/07-08-11/pso2-ramarl.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/PSO2-Fomarl-Concept.jpg

chibiLegolas
Nov 21, 2011, 03:56 PM
Yea. No Marl love. Just like PSZ (if I remember correctly). Shame.
And I wouldn't worry about caseals being in the minority. There's plenty of Japanese players who play caseals I'm sure.

FOcaseals! They have concept art for it. This time around, Sega put thought into this class type so I'm gonna go for it!
Right after my HUnewm. Hopefully he won't bleed too much being a Hunter. :P

Ark22
Nov 21, 2011, 05:55 PM
Imma be a women. My room, set up as a futuristic kitchen. Weapon, a giant knife. Lol jk but FOnewmen, male.

Alex Longstride
Nov 30, 2011, 08:52 PM
HUnewm
A. Because I like the outfit.
B. Because my OC for just about everything has Lynx-like ears.
C. Because IRL I'm more brains and sinew than muscle. I'd make a terrible meat shield.
D. Because I'd love to be a fisticuffs sorcerer, striking quickly but accurately and casting a Resta or a crowd control spell every now and then. :3

maxx69
Nov 30, 2011, 09:25 PM
Long time PSO/U/Po player here, had to make an account to show support for marls. I actually played a Beastearl in PSPo2.
Does that put me in the minority of minorities?

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 11:46 PM
I love the Marls, but only because they were among the more unique classes in the game.

Fomarl was dainty and had neat looking support spells, Ramarl was a badass.

Doesn't look like my original incentive will apply on this game though, since everyone still shares generic animations. although something about Humarl's design kind of draws me.

Xx Royal Mist xX
Dec 8, 2011, 11:16 AM
All the characters look really cool. Since I'm a guy, I'll be picking 1 male of each race: HUmar, RAnewm, and HUcast. Hmm, but since you can change their class, I'm proabably ganna switch that around while playing, for fun X3.

If I ever saw a POcast I would rofl XD?!

Kazzi
Dec 8, 2011, 11:54 AM
I love the way to FOcaseal look, so I'll probably be a Caseal this time around. Since you can change the clothes to mix and match then I might go HUcaseal or RAcaseal. Still deciding.

BIG OLAF
Dec 8, 2011, 12:26 PM
HUnewearl, because they look good, and it would be a slight change of pace from what I'm used to doing in ORPGs.

unicorn
Dec 8, 2011, 09:55 PM
HUnewm

FOcaseal

drizzle
Dec 14, 2011, 08:17 AM
Marl. MARL.

SolRiver
Dec 18, 2011, 05:38 PM
I like the old caseal better... I will probably end up with newearl this time.

shadowfox09
Dec 19, 2011, 11:07 PM
My main will be Humar, everything else male of every race

Alex Longstride
Dec 25, 2011, 12:13 AM
RAnewm. Hoping to make something similar to my Newman Guntecher in PSU.
Basically lots of debuff bullets, with Resta/Reverser and all the buff-techs. White Mage with a gun.

UnsentMadman
Dec 25, 2011, 01:27 AM
I'm thinking about starting off with a RaNewearl, mainly because I've decided to try the ranger class first, and also because the RaNei doesn't seem to be getting anywhere near the same amount of attention as the HuNei or FoNei.

Either that, or a RaCast using that ridiculous Leningrad Cowboy-esque pompadour hairstyle :D

NegaTsukasa
Dec 25, 2011, 01:05 PM
Newman ( still call the male's FOmar's after my old character class on PSO)

Have and always will be if I get this game.

Edit: recently saw pictures a page or two ahead of this one.

I see Dual Whip's. A little part of me just exploded with joy. :3

Mega Ultra Chicken
Dec 25, 2011, 02:41 PM
I'm probably gonna roll a HUnewm, HU/RAmarl, RA/FOnewearl, and FOcast.

GCoffee
Dec 25, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hunter: Humar
Ranger: Ramarl
Force: WHY ARE THERE SO MANY AWESOME CLASSES?!?!

Ark22
Dec 25, 2011, 03:47 PM
Newman, I was a beast in PSU because how badly Newmans were implemented IMO.

ARX-7
Dec 25, 2011, 09:49 PM
HUcast.

Fayorei
Dec 25, 2011, 11:33 PM
Cool to see that it's pretty balanced! I'll probably play a HUnewearl like PSO... however, I am also leaning towards a HUcaseal perhaps instead. It depends on... my indecisiveness.

Newman, I was a beast in PSU because how badly Newmans were implemented IMO.

I should've done that. I probably would have loved PSU if I had just stuck to playing a Beast Hunter or something. I wanted the hybrid melee/tech cast, but Wartecher wasn't cutting it. By the time Acro classes came out, I had just moved on from PSU.:( I just hated needing to have a wand equipped to cast techs. It's great that they get a bonus if you do that now though(from what I can remember of all this PSO2 news), but as someone who liked beating down mobs and occasionally tossing buffs if we didn't have a force, and some heals... having to palette swap to do that every time just made me cringe.

Sha Sha
Dec 25, 2011, 11:37 PM
I will mostly likely be FOmar It was the first class I used in PSO and it'll be the first in PSO2

Neith
Dec 26, 2011, 12:05 PM
HUnewearl, as I have done since GC PSO. Stuck with it in PSO GC, BB, PSU and PSP2 and PSO2 won't be any different.

I'll also probably make a RAcaseal as a secondary character. Not sure about FO yet.

chibipocky15
Dec 26, 2011, 03:37 PM
I'm going to have a HuNewearl and a FoCaeasl..... Yeah I said it...... deal w/ it ><!

Alex Longstride
Dec 26, 2011, 05:48 PM
Cool to see that it's pretty balanced! I'll probably play a HUnewearl like PSO... however, I am also leaning towards a HUcaseal perhaps instead. It depends on... my indecisiveness.

I should've done that. I probably would have loved PSU if I had just stuck to playing a Beast Hunter or something. I wanted the hybrid melee/tech cast, but Wartecher wasn't cutting it. By the time Acro classes came out, I had just moved on from PSU.:( I just hated needing to have a wand equipped to cast techs. It's great that they get a bonus if you do that now though(from what I can remember of all this PSO2 news), but as someone who liked beating down mobs and occasionally tossing buffs if we didn't have a force, and some heals... having to palette swap to do that every time just made me cringe.

My Newman Guntecher kicked ass. But I guess it's because it suited my playstyle better than other classes. I had bullets for debuffing and damage, and used Resta/reverser and all the buffs. Most of my offhand weapons for my Wand were either Cards or Mechguns.

I had no melee weapons whatsoever, yet managed to cover all the bases and did an excellent job of balancing firepower and support, according to anyone who played with me. I've even had someone go as far as to say that I could pass for an AI player if AI characters in PSU actually did their jobs.

I'll probably be making a similar character in PSO2.

Alisha
Dec 27, 2011, 07:29 PM
...marl...

Slidikins
Dec 28, 2011, 10:26 AM
FOmar, HUcaseal, and RAmarl are my favorite PSO classes. Funny enough, they were all added to the game later (Ep I & II?) and I've been playing since the original release. HUcaseal especially is fun to play imo, so I'll definitely give the Casey a try in PSO2.

XxGoregrinderxX
Dec 28, 2011, 10:57 AM
I think i'll go RAcast because i like these new Hypertank Parts. *___*
Rangers are epic in every Phantasy Star Game. (yes PSZ too)

Akaimizu
Dec 28, 2011, 12:17 PM
FOmar and probably some RACast or HUCast, initially. The cast interests me also due to the sliding aspect. Seems like major kite potential as a Ranger, and some good distance-game coverage for the hunter.

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
Not sure at this point. To be honest, one of these two will influence my choice:
1) How they look
2) What their max stats are

If the character looks like a pixelated dump truck (compared to other games), obviously I'm going to pick the "prettier" character.

Also it better have high max stats. Don't want a character that's easily defeated (after weeks of grinding).

I gave one vote to all the choices btw :)

RemiusTA
Dec 28, 2011, 04:45 PM
Humar is probably gonna be my first.

My first force will be a Fonewm, because they are awesome. I usually do Hunewearl for my female hunter, but now that there's a male class that uses melee+magic im a bit more confused.

Not entirely sure what my Female character will be. But it'll most likely be a Fonewearl, as per usual.

PlinderD
Dec 28, 2011, 07:08 PM
Marl, Caseal, Newearl.

Probably a Hunter.

I'll just go with whichever of the three races is the cutest. Don't really do male characters in games where I can pick the gender unless there's a huge gap between the sexes.

I'd rather have a girl's ass and boobs on my screen for 50+ hours than a guy's.

Blueblur
Dec 28, 2011, 10:30 PM
I want to make a RAcastas it was my first character when I played PSO v1 and Ep 1 & 2, but the PSO 2 RAcast design isn't very appealing, IMO. I'll probably go with a fleshy Hunter of some kind or a RAmar.

ANIMEniac
Dec 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
well my main will most likely be my HUnewearl (as if my sig was not a dead giveaway) because that is how most of my PSO friends know me from back in 2003.

i will also be making my RAmar because in every RPG i have to have my "alter ego"

its just a shame that both options arent the optimal choice in their classes, but i cant bring myself to break tradition. though lore wise it wouldn't make sense for my characters to still be around and fighting prolly XP

Alena Zouryx
Dec 31, 2011, 12:35 AM
I'll forever stick with my original FOmarl character from Dreamcast PSO, specializing in healing and support... and being pretty, of course! :3 Ohoho~ XD

RemiusTA
Dec 31, 2011, 01:39 AM
Alena you are forever making me question my own posts lol

BIG OLAF
Dec 31, 2011, 02:14 AM
Alena you are forever making me question my own posts lol

Your old identity has been stolen. But, then again, she's been here since 2002. Hm, so who did the stealing? Perhaps she is reclaiming her own identity from you, the real thief.

This is some M. Night Shyamalan shit right here.

Dinosaur
Dec 31, 2011, 02:27 AM
Caseal last place atm! Time for some propaganda.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PSO2-Mags-3.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/HUcaseal.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Focaseal-pose-2.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/focaseal-costume.jpg

http://pso2blog.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/321409_203164929748185_184356218295723_544621_5663 160_n.jpg

Phantasma
Dec 31, 2011, 09:34 AM
Caseal last place atm! Time for some propaganda.

Played a Caseal in PSO:BB. Was tempted to try some of the other classes in PSO2 as I will force myself into the JP Alpha 2 test buuuut...propaganda worked. Mission success.

NoiseHERO
Dec 31, 2011, 10:02 AM
Those are newer casteal images right?

Plus she should become ultra popular now that you can give her jiggle tits.

The vocaloid moe dudes will be all over her. :\

Dinosaur
Dec 31, 2011, 09:18 PM
3 way last place tie, so I need to be fair to Newm!

Macman
Jan 1, 2012, 12:26 AM
FOnewm's a boss. Dressed ridiculously and not giving two shits.

DoctorShanks
Jan 1, 2012, 12:29 AM
Thinking of going FOnewm as long as he decides not to look and/or act like a joke this time around. I've mained FOmarl on PSO and PSZ, but I'm starting to think I should play a class of my own gender. I think I'll go with mar.

Dinosaur
Jan 1, 2012, 01:11 AM
moving these pictures to this page

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/New-Fonewm.jpg

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Fonewm-rod.jpg

That hot HUnewm stuff

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/HUNewm-PSO2.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/HUnewm-1.png

NoiseHERO
Jan 1, 2012, 02:21 AM
Dang Xbox colored fonewm.

Legato Bluesummers
Jan 2, 2012, 12:53 AM
HUcaseal for life. Badass android ninjas ftw.

Jinketsu
Jan 2, 2012, 09:54 AM
I just love newearls. I'll stick with that.

Dragwind
Jan 2, 2012, 03:27 PM
That last picture suddenly has me thinking HUnewm, after I make some cosmetic adjustments of course.

Mkan
Jan 2, 2012, 03:35 PM
My initial character is probably going to be a HUnewearl, but I'm sure I'll make a HUnewm or a RAmar or something down the line for the sake of trying out new things. Being a Ranger in this game looks a lot more exciting than it was in the original PSO so I could probably have more fun using a class of that type.

But yeah I like to be HUnewearls because you have a lot of flexibility.

bns1991
Jan 2, 2012, 04:38 PM
I will more than likely start off with the HUmar like I usually do. The RAnewm intrigues me, so I wanna give him a try, but I will go with the RAcaseal if I don't like him. I'm definitely gonna want to use the FOmar as well.

ProSnipor
Jan 2, 2012, 08:59 PM
I'm most likely going to play either a RAcaseal or a FOnewearl

Alena Zouryx
Jan 2, 2012, 09:30 PM
Your old identity has been stolen. But, then again, she's been here since 2002. Hm, so who did the stealing? Perhaps she is reclaiming her own identity from you, the real thief.

This is some M. Night Shyamalan shit right here.

Eh? o_o I'm... totally confused. ^^;

I've been "Alena Zouryx" the FOmarl since I started playing PSO on Dreamcast, like I said before, and I've always used the same character in every incarnation of the game since. o.o

And yes, I've been a member of PSOW since '02, although I've never been too active in the forums, (which I regret).

So uh... I certainly didn't do any identity-stealing.

... or am I completely missing the point and/or joke, here? XD *Ahem*

Dinosaur
Jan 2, 2012, 09:41 PM
Eh? o_o I'm... totally confused. ^^;

I've been "Alena Zouryx" the FOmarl since I started playing PSO on Dreamcast, like I said before, and I've always used the same character in every incarnation of the game since. o.o

And yes, I've been a member of PSOW since '02, although I've never been too active in the forums, (which I regret).

So uh... I certainly didn't do any identity-stealing.

... or am I completely missing the point and/or joke, here? XD *Ahem*

Remius was previously using your current avatar, so your post lead him to believe it was his.

Angelo
Jan 2, 2012, 09:44 PM
Remius was previously using your current avatar, so your post lead him to believe it was his.

Me too, haha.

Alena Zouryx
Jan 2, 2012, 10:04 PM

Oooooh! That makes sense! XD

I've used this Ino'lis avatar since episode III, 'cause she looks similar to my FOmarl character. :D

... Well, at least I've always thought so... >_>;

[spoiler-box]
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1725&pictureid=23106[/spoiler-box]

Just a misunderstanding on my part, I guess. ^^; Oh well. :P I just won a custom avatar, anyway, so I'll be changing my avatar for the first time in what, 6 years or so? Geez, I feel old. x_x

ANYHOO, back on topic... XD

I really love the way FOcaseals look, but since I'm gonna be a FOmarl for supporting and a FOmar for offense (and role-playing purposes~), I'll prolly have a RAcaseal with FOcassy parts. TOO adorable for me to resist.

Zero Revenge
Jan 10, 2012, 03:33 PM
Wow, despite the Newman F Ranger's stats looking inferior in every-way... I just can't help but be polarized towards it.

Also, what the Hell is Merit?

Dinosaur
Jan 10, 2012, 08:34 PM
Wow, despite the Newman F Ranger's stats looking inferior in every-way... I just can't help but be polarized towards it.

Also, what the Hell is Merit?

SEGA purposely made RAnewerl's stats bad so that they have another reason to put a half naked costume in.

bradsta6508
Jan 10, 2012, 09:51 PM
Wow, its been four years since I last logged in. Good to be back, definitely pumped for PSO2. I voted Cast...man it's been so long, Casts are the mechs, correct?

Zero Revenge
Jan 10, 2012, 10:04 PM
SEGA purposely made RAnewerl's stats bad so that they have another reason to put a half naked costume in.

Aaarrrrgghh. Dammit all. I hope they get some innate bonus like the Forces do. Like +3% dmg with Rifle PA's, or something.

Omega-z
Jan 11, 2012, 09:01 AM
Zero Revenge where did you get your info? They have changed the stats recently. And Merit?

Jepp027
Jan 11, 2012, 11:09 AM
Humar, possibly a Ramar.

Shirai
Jan 11, 2012, 03:00 PM
Probably Caseals and Newmans.

miroku888
Jan 12, 2012, 12:07 AM
RaMar for me. Always have been, always will be.

Rangers 4 Life!

Ce'Nedra
Jan 12, 2012, 03:47 AM
I might be convinced to make a RAcaseal and HUmarl along my HUnewearl, not sure on forces. I've been a HU type of player since PSO but RAing looks so much better now in PSO2 that i wanna revive by RAcaseal and maybe even my RAmarl (Or make a RAnewearl, i dig newearls afterall)

Can't wait to run my 11th version of Ce'Nedra XD

Zero Revenge
Jan 12, 2012, 04:08 AM
Zero Revenge where did you get your info? They have changed the stats recently. And Merit?

I know nothing for PSO2, I was making a reference to past games, where Forces gain a small bonus depending on their gender and race.

Darkus
Jan 12, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'll wait and see how they look first. I always pick the most bad*ss looking xD for example in PSZ i picked a cast, PSP2 a beast, PSOBB a cast.

Dinosaur
Jan 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'll wait and see how they look first. I always pick the most bad*ss looking xD for example in PSZ i picked a cast, PSP2 a beast, PSOBB a cast.

The character creation is so good in PSO2 that the most badass looking thing is going to be from your own imagination!

RadiantLegend
Jan 16, 2012, 03:13 PM
Im going to try 3 mains. Usually ends up with 2 but here goes

Hucast, Ramar, Fonewm

Dinosaur
Jan 17, 2012, 11:07 AM
Our new Hunter costumes!

Ladies first.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/Humarl-stylish.jpg

Newm putting on the muscle this time around.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/HUNewm-PSO2.jpg

darkante
Jan 17, 2012, 11:43 AM
RaCast and Hunewearl.

I do dig my robots and guns!
Also, liked those elfs babes since PSO so why not add that.

kazuuya
Jan 17, 2012, 11:54 AM
I will probably try various Combinations out, but mainly I'll use a HUcast I guess.

Cast Soldier
Jan 19, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cast

If I'm alone, I'll use any class I feel like using.

If I'm with a team, I'll find out what they are & use the best class to complement theirs.

Namieachan
Jan 22, 2012, 12:08 AM
Will you be able to switch your class like in PSU or PSO? Because I liked trolling the game by making Newman Hunters.

NoiseHERO
Jan 22, 2012, 01:31 AM
Will you be able to switch your class like in PSU or PSO? Because I liked trolling the game by making Newman Hunters.

They say you can, but not in the alpha. D:

Arjay
Jan 22, 2012, 12:56 PM
Haven't played Phantasy Star anything in 5 years. Looking forward to PSO2, and I'll be using a RAmar for my primary, and a FOnewearl for my secondary.

Valini
Jan 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
I'll probably start out with a FOnewearl, and then make either a HUcaseal or RAcaseal.
The latter will depend on how well the combat is in this game...

moorebounce
Feb 28, 2012, 09:54 PM
I usually make a HUcast, Racaseal and FOmar. After much thought I will start out with a female HUcaseal and a male FOmar. After that who knows.

SephirothXer0
Feb 29, 2012, 07:28 AM
Always been a Hucast, but with this game I'm leaning towards Ramar

SilverFoxR
Feb 29, 2012, 07:54 AM
I always seem to main HUMars, so... yeah =p

darkante
Feb 29, 2012, 08:52 AM
My decision is getting harder to maintain now.

So i´m probably gonna make several characters.

Racast to begin with and a second Ranger as Ranewman
Hucaseal and the Hucast as a second Hunter. (If you can switch class then i can skip making another Cast Male huzza)

Force i can´t say yet though.
I like too have a Hunewearl as well but damn my liking for Elves and robots.

Dinosaur
Feb 29, 2012, 09:08 AM
Alpha 2 population statistics

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/testers3.png

Randomness
Feb 29, 2012, 10:20 AM
Probably a newm, then a chick for the first alt, then who knows.

Genoa
Feb 29, 2012, 01:32 PM
FOmar
HUcaseal
RAnewearl
FOcast

Krank32oz
Feb 29, 2012, 02:27 PM
Going to start off with HUcast then more then likely make a FOnewm. Had a lot of fun with both in the Gamecube version!

Raven5_1
Feb 29, 2012, 04:21 PM
i always work on a cast, human, newman rotation and my first choice will be hunter or ranger

Kaziel
Mar 1, 2012, 01:18 PM
HUcast, FOcast, and a RAmarl.

All hail the master race! (kidding!)

8BitGinno
Mar 1, 2012, 01:53 PM
Newm all the way~!

I'll be a force and a space cowboy. :D

HUmar Darkedge
Mar 1, 2012, 06:55 PM
It's still not known if PSO2 will be released worldwide.
If it were to come to that, I would start off my new
way of picking since PSO:
HUnewearl: Though low HP and Def, stats practically Vanguard(PSP2), At least that's how I looked at it on PSO.
FOnewearl: Low HP, ATK, DFP. But extreme MST count(PSO:D)
HUmar: Balanced. (FOmarl maybe half-balanced[PSO])
______<-"May have to think about the fourth."
And that ends my train of thought.

Split
Mar 1, 2012, 07:34 PM
Totally planning to rock the RAnewm. Guns + Magic = long range powerhouse.

LK1721
Mar 1, 2012, 08:53 PM
Probably bringing back my RAmarl for a main, and then a HUcaseal for secondary.

Demon-
Mar 2, 2012, 03:30 AM
My main will always and forever be HUmar in any PSO game.

HUmar
HUcaseal
RAmarl
FOnewearl

Kamikun
Mar 2, 2012, 11:56 AM
HUcast all the way heheh

SpishackCola
Mar 2, 2012, 10:08 PM
Bringing back my RAcaseal main and HUmar alt. After that...guess I'll wait to see what the 4th race is going to be.

Jenni Porshakin
Mar 8, 2012, 08:20 AM
I see that Casts are getting the least amount of love, so that is what I will most likely play.

Angelo
Mar 8, 2012, 08:32 AM
Need to add Dewm and Dewearl to the list.

Zero Revenge
Mar 8, 2012, 10:52 AM
Dumans are confirmed then? Or is that just wishful thinking, Angelo?

NoiseHERO
Mar 8, 2012, 11:14 AM
Doom
Dum
Dewm
Dude

Doomarl
Dumarl
Du-

Wait were they even using these silly titles for race and class combinations in PSO2?

Otherwise I'm callin' em Dar and Darl

lol RAdar

Also Duman race was found while datamining, so there's a high chance they're in there.

Scotty T
Mar 8, 2012, 11:18 AM
FOnewearl as my first most definitely.

Neo Flint
Mar 8, 2012, 01:37 PM
I'll be filling almost all my data slots with cast and casual. Screw the other races, they look so cool in this game. *-*

If I could though, I might save one slot for a Newman and a black guy, lol

Vashyron
Mar 8, 2012, 03:53 PM
Need to add Dewm and Dewearl to the list.

No, I wouldn't do that this early without official confirmation.

Data for their character creation and stats were found sure, but since the game is still being worked on it doesn't absolutely confirm they are going to be in the final game.

ClothoBuer
Mar 8, 2012, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, let's see. In order, I'd probably do: RaMarl, FoNewm, RaNewearl, then HuCast. Someone's gotta represent the Newms.

Krank32oz
Mar 8, 2012, 05:53 PM
I cant wait to try them all. I'm very interested in the casts this time around. They look very different and seem a lot more unique then in past games.

Dinosaur
Mar 9, 2012, 03:10 AM
Marl campaign

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/pso2-fomarl-concept.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/user290_pic25514_1330674860.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/pso2-humarl-concept.jpg

Datamined costumes from Vash's
[spoiler-box]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/1nuFR.pnghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/AfxMX1.pnghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/uR8Ax.pnghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/EYDhe.pnghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/11d5b.png[/spoiler-box]

Where it all started

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/Settei_FOmarl.gif

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
I was HUnewearl on PSO (obviously), but now I don't like the idea of running around with 90% of my character's body exposed just for fan service. Give me a break. Besides, the HUmarl design looks so much more Aki-esque! HUmarl for sure. And lucky me, it's the least-picked combination! Thank you, Infinity, for getting me used to non-pointy ears when wearing an eyepatch.

Rika-chan
Mar 10, 2012, 03:21 PM
You can be a HUnewearl and wear the HUmarl outfit though. :-?

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 10, 2012, 07:00 PM
Oh, that's cool. I'll have to ponder more on that possibility then. Also, when I mentioned the HUmarl's look, I didn't mean that one in blue up higher on this page. That one looks awful. I like the new one released with the red oufit, slightly resembling the HUmarl in PSZ. Is there a thread with all the character concept art in the beginning or a site with it all close together so I don't have to search all over for all of them?

Rika-chan
Mar 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=841 I think this is the closest thing.

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 11, 2012, 02:18 AM
Cool, thanks! However, it doesn't have the HUmarl concept I was talking about. Any idea where that is? I forgot where I found it...

Rika-chan
Mar 11, 2012, 02:26 AM
The first page.

NoiseHERO
Mar 11, 2012, 02:27 AM
That's technically not a humarl just an outfit, I'd would sound so attached to those racial nicknames when talking about anything outside of default outfits and actual race/class combinations. D:

You best bet is the first page of the "PS VITA IS GOING TO DESTROY PSO2 I'M NOT GONNA BUY IT ANYMORE" thread.

Rika-chan
Mar 11, 2012, 02:33 AM
^ That's what I meant. :dead:

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 11, 2012, 02:42 AM
Thanks, got it!

An droid, the droid, whatever... I just want a HUmarl with that outfit. Plus an eyepatch. Any signs of those?

Miyoko
Mar 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
I will forever be a robot maid. <3

Dinosaur
Mar 13, 2012, 01:05 AM
HUmarl + partisan

[spoiler-box]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/Desktop_2012_03_02_20_55_25_363Y-1.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/Desktop_2012_03_02_20_54_16_300Y.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/Desktop_2012_03_02_20_55_21_364Y.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/Desktop_2012_03_02_20_54_38_443Y.jpg[/spoiler-box]

r00tabaga
Mar 13, 2012, 01:15 AM
Nobal the HUmar and Lothorien the RAcast since Dreamcast. There have been many others but those are the 1st two every time.

Cayenne
Mar 13, 2012, 03:40 AM
Amazing how everyone has a pre-defined race/class/sex they're gonna play already.

I don't decide this until I'm minutes away from making one and have the character creation screen in front of me.

r00tabaga
Mar 13, 2012, 07:15 AM
Amazing how everyone has a pre-defined race/class/sex they're gonna play already.

I don't decide this until I'm minutes away from making one and have the character creation screen in front of me.

Your sig lol...Thats funny. We had a robotics team at our hotel recently and while they were having their meeting another guest walked by and yelled in his best Ogre voice, "Neeeeeeerrrrrrrrddddddds"...classic

NoiseHERO
Mar 13, 2012, 07:24 AM

It's cause I write stories!

Everyone else is a loser that's attached to their characters from past games, bwahahahaha-

I mean NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZ Z!!!!!! D8<

Mega Ultra Chicken
Mar 13, 2012, 09:45 AM
It's cause I write stories!

Everyone else is a loser that's attached to their characters from past games, bwahahahaha-

I mean NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEERRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZ Z!!!!!! D8<

Oh come on... I'm at least (kinda) re-imagining mine. Hell, one of them is getting a race-lift from Human to Newman.

Not that being a nerd's a bad thing, but still...

Cayenne
Mar 13, 2012, 09:53 AM
We're all nerds to some extent. Come on, we on a video game forum waiting for a "MMO" to come out.

NoiseHERO
Mar 13, 2012, 10:25 AM
I'm jus' messing with your NUU-erds. 8D

I used to be the kind of guy that'd just say "screw it" and make any kind of character and just give em my real name.

Dinosaur
Mar 22, 2012, 07:28 AM
Marl! She is still last...

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO2-Partizan-scan-450x435.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/pso2-partisan.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/partisan2.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/partisan1.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/ss_003_l3.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/pso2-partisan-1.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO2-Partisan-shockwave.jpg

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO2-Talis-scan-450x492.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/pso2-talis-2.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/PSO2-Talis-Cards.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/Razonde-Talis.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/card2.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/ss_014_14l.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/card1.jpg

Aki_Yoruno
Mar 23, 2012, 06:39 PM
Marl! She is still last...

Yeah, good for us! At least there won't be a million of them running around.

BlueCast Boy
Mar 23, 2012, 11:50 PM
RAmar, which I always main on PSO & PSP
and HUcast

MaxNewman
Mar 24, 2012, 07:26 PM
Newman all the way Max lv 180 PSU & PSP2

Dinosaur
Mar 24, 2012, 07:59 PM
Just to be officially fair, newm has been last place in both alpha tests.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/FOnewm1-2.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/PSO2/FOnewm2-2.jpg

[spoiler-box]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/pso20120203_235622_084.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/pso20120203_235712_086.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/pso20120204_012907_109.jpg

-Why does no one play me?!
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/subarashee/pso20120204_013423_137.jpg[/spoiler-box]

hbmizzle10
Mar 26, 2012, 05:14 PM
humar for me

Scyris
Mar 27, 2012, 04:22 AM
I usually always play female chars in mmo's I like my eye candy. I just hope they do a better job at at balancing the classes, in PSO rangers owned, in PSU hunters made every other class look stupid damage wise.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 01:35 AM
HUmarl all the way :3 They got the best soloing performance (they dont need to have good gear or overlevel if cant good gear in tough boss fights) since Portable games. And my PSO experience has led me know that DPS is good but exceeding it can result into big consequences.

I was thinking they should get a benefit like Classes in PSO individually got. I was thinking that probably it could have something like, Get a +LV1-+LV3 effect from support buffs (and can exceed cap) Or give them a reduced PP cost of skills for skillspam :3

Macman
Mar 28, 2012, 08:04 AM
With so many classes with designs I like, I hope there will be a cash shop item that grants you an extra character slot, because I think the standard 4 won't be enough. D:

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 12:58 PM
Had my HUnewearl for PSO and my Braver Newearl for PSP2I, so I'll be sticking with it. That wonderful TP pool.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 02:08 PM
But there's no great TP pool differences anymore D:

Merumeru
Mar 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
HUmarl <3 can't wait to get my laser axe

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 03:17 PM
HUmarl <3 can't wait to get my laser axe

No confirmation about the axes probably even if they dont get approved as a weapon we may have axe looking weapons as swords, many people get deceived because of her default face, even got the complains of generic anime emo girl. But ya know! The outfit has huge Moe potential if the character is designed adecuately. And considering how I look irl it will look moe if I cosplayed it!

Also the default color of a HUmarl Outfit gives me S4 League Vibes!

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 04:25 PM
But there's no great TP pool differences anymore D:

Makes me wonder what exactly physical Newearls will get instead.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Mar 28, 2012, 04:33 PM

My guess is EVP, or maybe ATA.

Yeah, good for us! At least there won't be a million of them running around.
Would that really matter if everyone's character looks unique enough? A HUmar that tries to look like a badass angsty anti-hero probably wouldn't be judged the same way a HUmar that looks like a middle-aged adult would be, or even the same way a Waber clone would be judged.

Apparently it would for me, since my main will be a HUnewm rather than a HUmar. Maybe it's because Newms look a bit less SRS than Humans.

•Col•
Mar 28, 2012, 04:44 PM

*cough*(prettymuchnothing)*cough* (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_modified_stats.txt)

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 05:06 PM
Newman + Female = Best magic Nuke?

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 05:30 PM
*cough*(prettymuchnothing)*cough*

orz

Well, I've never let minmaxing get in my way before.

•Col•
Mar 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
orz

Well, I've never let minmaxing get in my way before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMrDUOe2uuk

I'll be playing HUnewm myself.

Mitz
Mar 28, 2012, 05:58 PM
Whatever happens to be the most efficient for leveling. But after that, my trusty cute RAcaseal.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 05:59 PM
Whatever happens to be the most efficient for leveling. But after that, my trusty cute RAcaseal.

HUcast in all their games even what I seen from PSO2 footage guarantees to be strong from early game so it will level up fast. And have very high DPS. In PSO many people start off with HUcast or RAcast before getting into the classes that needs more endgame stuff to shine (for example forces)

HUcast: For DPS
RAcast: For Survability

Rizen
Mar 28, 2012, 06:00 PM
I will be playing Mars for sure. Never really liked newman...and I always have Cast sidekick in one way, shape, or form. If they bring back the pirate hat and eye patch for casts, I will also make a Caseal too!

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 06:04 PM
I will be playing Mars for sure. Never really liked newman...and I always have Cast sidekick in one way, shape, or form. If they bring back the pirate hat and eye patch for casts, I will also make a Caseal too!

Humans always been great and always the most played race, the only case was PSU just because they didnt got a Blast Gauge move, that changed in PSPo2 with mirage. Human was never strong against a particular enemy but they never dissapoints when it comes to soloing (Always thought the jack of all trades that Human race is makes them better soloers than CASTs and Newmans if you plan to play the whole game with one character). While if you're a player that only rolls one character and play Newman or CAST, there's always some "stage you want to avoid at all costs".

Mega Ultra Chicken
Mar 28, 2012, 06:12 PM
Humans always been great and always the most played race, the only case was PSU just because they didnt got a Blast Gauge move, that changed in PSPo2 with mirage. Human was never strong against a particular enemy but they never dissapoints when it comes to soloing (Always thought the jack of all trades that Human race is makes them better soloers than CASTs and Newmans if you plan to play the whole game with one character). While if you're a player that only rolls one character and play Newman or CAST, there's always some "stage you want to avoid at all costs".
I remember anti-Human...ism in PSU. And meta-Cast supremacy based on in-game stats. But hates were gonna hate and I played a Hugh Mann anyway. And it was glorious.

NoiseHERO
Mar 28, 2012, 06:15 PM
I made my human a god character, had no reason to make alts like I would've with a mutant race. Just jump on any class I want.

Rizen
Mar 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
I really don't play for stats. I play for enjoyment. Stats are just a plus. :)

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 07:18 PM
I really don't play for stats. I play for enjoyment. Stats are just a plus. :)

To start off I play them for looks, but many people has a tendence calling them useless or weak.

I remember anti-Human...ism in PSU. And meta-Cast supremacy based on in-game stats. But hates were gonna hate and I played a Hugh Mann anyway. And it was glorious.

Now you want me wanna make me play Human again in PSU while I wait for PSO2 *Facedesk!*

Rizen
Mar 28, 2012, 07:21 PM
And those are the people I avoid in the first place.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 07:27 PM
And those are the people I avoid in the first place.

Well my human will be my only character and will shine with all it's glory, if only you could spam TECHs with all weapons lol. Reminds me how back then Red Mage was a badass in old RPG era, where rather than having a very strong role, the character shown upon the beggininer showing his badassery by proving not only being a great fighter but a good spellcaster as well, and having more than 40 flashy attacks to impress the starter xD

And shine beating something that looks very strong and probably might had owned you. But also rescue you at same time with support spells.

Rizen
Mar 28, 2012, 07:35 PM
I usually play Red Mage types in games because its a personal preference and life style I live by. They allow you to fit into any team to balance it out or take over a role if necessary.

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 08:38 PM
(That's The Spirit)

I'll be playing HUnewm myself.

And yet despite saying what I said, I went and ran the numbers you gave me from before using stats from each combo's lv 100. I have no idea why.

Best Hunter: HUcast
Best Ranger: RAcaseal
Best Force: FOnewearl

Averaged LV100 Stats
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7397/pso2stats.png

In essence, it's exactly the same as ever. The balancing has made them very, very close to each other, so minmaxing really is unnecessary.

Vashyron
Mar 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
Btw, stats on Level 51+ for them all are wrong and probably not finalized.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 08:50 PM
And yet despite saying what I said, I went and ran the numbers you gave me from before using stats from each combo's lv 100. I have no idea why.

Best Hunter: HUcast
Best Ranger: RAcaseal
Best Force: FOnewearl

Averaged LV100 Stats
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7397/pso2stats.png

In essence, it's exactly the same as ever. The balancing has made them very, very close to each other, so minmaxing really is unnecessary.

I'm surprised Mar, Newm and Newearl got same S-ATK parameter, and I thought Newearl would be even lower than Newm, where's the source of this calculation?

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
Btw, stats on Level 51+ for them all are wrong and probably not finalized.

Maybe I'll whip up a 50 version later tonight and edit the post. I really should have used 50 anyways.

Vashyron
Mar 28, 2012, 08:58 PM
I'm surprised Mar, Newm and Newearl got same S-ATK parameter, and I thought Newearl would be even lower than Newm, where's the source of this calculation?

It's from the Datamining topic. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193176)

Could simply look at their base modifier at the top instead here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_base_stats.txt). Be wary it does show a spoiler about a possible future something.

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
It's from the Datamining topic. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193176)

Could simply look at their base modifier at the top instead here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9259868/pso2_base_stats.txt). Be wary it does show a spoiler about a possible future something.

Yeah, I was wondering about that spoiler. Figured I'd leave it out. It's almost necessary to help balance things even more.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 09:04 PM
Dewman? Is there gonna be a 4th race in PSO2 that came from that PSPo2i excuse vampire look race?

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 09:11 PM
Dewman? Is there gonna be a 4th race in PSO2 that came from that PSPo2i excuse vampire look race?

Well, Sakai did say other races were a possibility, but I'da figured they would have kept Beasts for the trifecta.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 09:28 PM
I still think Marl is pretty weak for being compared to Newm, I was thinking prolly +2% ATP -2% TP for balancing so Marl is not so left behind from Mar in ATP, it's not like TP is even comparable to Newmans in terms for even Force play, the ABL idea is nice btw. My biggest worry atm is not that Newmans has the same ATP as Marls but how weaker is the Marl ATP compared to Mar even if we get a 4% TP boost and I think a 4% diff between genders is too much big difference for forcing up a player to choose a gender for stat or class preference. Like Mars for Hunters and Marls for forces. The Downer of HUmarl will also feel as a Downer for FOmar I guess.

I wouldn't complain about this if at least, the Hunter could use support TECHs and was like PSOBB, that HUmarl can get S/D and no Z/J and opposite for HUmar. But I dont see possible for teching in Hunter without a rod I guess. Or if TP affects the character in other ways than "Tech damage", for example PP regen.

buri-chan
Mar 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
And then I did the Level 50 base stats average comparison (again without the spoiler and again for no reason). It's pretty comparable to the 100 version. Forgot to mention, but the PP isn't factored into the totals.

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/3593/pso2stats50.png

Interesting how discounting HP switches Newmen from last to first. Still, stat-distribution like this I'm fine with. Small differences > Aesthetic only > large differences. Major changes between the classes just ends up hurting the multiplayer element. And I do have to agree that differences other than stats are important for averaging the classes.

Reia
Mar 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
Perhaps you should add the HU Pre-fix so people know that you're talking about Hunter classes and edit the upload.