PDA

View Full Version : BUYING PS2 verison of PSU?

coolaid
Nov 18, 2011, 09:39 PM
nevermind and thanks for the help.

Dein
Nov 18, 2011, 10:03 PM
Sega pulled support for the JP PS2 version of PSU so you'll have to download and play the JP PC version. It's free with some limits until you choose to pay and worth the effort.

Edit: Just saw that this is for the original version of PSU. Since Sega pulled support for AOTI PS2 in Japan it might be extremely hard to find a copy of the original PS2 version. Not sure if you'll be able to play offline without a serial key since the PC version currently needs a valid serial key and active license to play the offline mode.

coolaid
Nov 18, 2011, 10:32 PM
nevermind and thanks for the help.

Omega-z
Nov 19, 2011, 12:43 AM
For the PC "US" version of PSU vanilla. I'm not sure if it used a valid serial key if it did it was during installment but afterwards you can play offline as long as you have a Broadband connection to GameGuard and after it's done doing it's thing you can even unplug your connection to the ether-net and still play offline. It does not need an active license to play the offline mode. At least for PC US version.

TheAstarion
Nov 19, 2011, 05:34 AM
The Xbox version can be played offline (in Episode 1 / Ethan mode & basic Extra mode) without an internet connection or serial number of any kind. I don't see why the PS2 version would be any different.

If you want to play the AOTI story, however, that's on the (free to play, pay for cool stuff) JP AOTI online server only, as far as I'm aware. You have to buy a gamekey to play it offline, but it's the same story either way.

str898mustang
Nov 19, 2011, 06:53 AM
The US version never used a game key.

Selphea
Nov 19, 2011, 07:49 AM
US PC Vanilla PSU has no CD key and can be played offline
US PC AOTI also has no CD key and can be played offline

They still check Lameguard, but that's the only connection it makes, you can Google for a fixed EXE if you want to get around that.

Also, a certain bay populated by less savory seafaring types has English AOTI in its treasure cache *cough*