PDA

View Full Version : I don't have a deviantART page but would like to get started...

Jenni Porshakin
Nov 19, 2011, 05:45 PM
The only option I see atm is to copy some other user's page layout.
And then paste in my pics, icons, artwork, etc.
Because starting from scratch is always a pain in the BUTT.
If you'd like to help me develop a DA page, please let me know what/what not to do.
I will accept your PMs if you'd rather do it that way.
Thanks in advance!

Sayara
Nov 19, 2011, 06:16 PM
Deviantart is pretty basic, everyone has a general looking page that only "special paid users" can really alter. So everyones look the same. :???:
Not sure what you're exactly needing

NoiseHERO
Nov 19, 2011, 08:15 PM
Yeah just get an avatar, upload stuff, and "customize"/input your personal info and knick knacks and whatever.

I mostly end up adding friends I meet OUTSIDE of dA. But I assume, leaving comments, journals, posting on forums, giving dA money, or just being famous in general is how people grow and get 242334534553 fans/followers/views/comments/support.

Other than that it's pretty straight forward, not a complicated mess like myspace or facebook.

Mimo
Nov 21, 2011, 03:59 PM
Not much to do on the customizing part. The only hard aspect of DA is actually getting watchers. I mostly meet people from pso-world there. Probably because all the stuff I post is from one game~ >8(

GCoffee
Nov 21, 2011, 04:36 PM
You guys complain, but me being a writer makes it so much harder than it already is to gather any watchers, at all. D:

qoxolg
Nov 21, 2011, 05:41 PM
Getting watchers is not really hard. It's just some tricks:
1. Comment a lot on others arts, even if you don't even really like their stuff.
2. Watch a lot of people (make 'friends') , some will watch you in return
3. Get active on the forums
4. Get active in lots of popular groups
5. Draw stuff from popular anime and furries
6. Actually post great art

Sadly thats how DA works. Thats why I stopped to care for page views etc. DA is nice as a gallery though with unlimited storage.

Sayara
Nov 21, 2011, 05:58 PM
Getting watchers is not really hard. It's just some tricks:
1. Comment a lot on others arts, even if you don't even really like their stuff.
2. Watch a lot of people (make 'friends') , some will watch you in return
3. Get active on the forums
4. Get active in lots of popular groups
5. Draw stuff from popular anime and furries
999999999999999999999999999999999999. Actually post great art

Sadly thats how DA works. Thats why I stopped to care for page views etc. DA is nice as a gallery though with unlimited storage.

Fixed that for ya champ.

NoiseHERO
Nov 21, 2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah sadly having good art isn't enough, I've seen some ultra talented artists and then they only have like 6000-9000 views/comments.

But some 16 year old girl can draw a MLP and get 34524523452345 views.

Fortunately I don't care about that sort of thing.

...Anymore.

Ami
Nov 22, 2011, 11:42 AM
This is a good guide to get you started. (http://tangledweb.deviantart.com/art/Guide-to-DeviantART-Popularity-5720958)

No, I'm kidding. You shouldn't really care about page views and being popular on there unless you're actually using DA to sell your art. Not like I really suggest DA for selling your comissions anyway. But I digress.

It's a nice little place to hold your art.