PDA

View Full Version : PSU Hello everyone! Some quick questions!

Nemhyz
Nov 19, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hello all, I played this years back when the US PS2 servers were up and I was thinking about joining the Jp server. I have no Japanese language skills at all but I remember how to play the game for the most part. Is there a decent amount of english speaking players on JP server? Do I need to get past any IP address stuff or is it unlocked?

shiningflare
Nov 19, 2011, 09:47 PM
Is there a decent amount of english speaking players on JP server?
Yes, there are some people from Xbox 360 servers that join every once in a while, but most importers are 180 so it's best to join with a group of 2-4 people that will play regularly.

Do I need to get past any IP address stuff
No

Nov 20, 2011, 01:21 AM
I would say that you should do it. You will always run into some English speaking players that will run with you and show you what to do, in my opinion you should not get the 360 version, it will only piss you off how limited it is especially even after you join the jp servers free course for 10 days

Nemhy
Nov 22, 2011, 09:00 AM
Woot got my old account back! What is so limiting about the 360 version? Also which universe do most of the english speakers hang out? I just installed :)

Dein
Nov 22, 2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think there's a designated universe most importers play on regularly, at least not from what I've seen usually.

Also, the 360 version is so limited at the moment compared to the JP version because Sega can't or won't update the 360 servers with some major content updates the JP servers have gotten recently that added several new maps, models, and PA animations. This has led to many new weapons on the 360 servers being reskinned old models and unless something changes the new maps and PAs will most likely never be brought over.

Selphea
Nov 22, 2011, 05:18 PM
The English community is not big. You won't find lobbies full of English games to join, you'll have better luck finding games by building a partner card network

AzureAsh
Nov 22, 2011, 07:15 PM
By the way if you want any help at any point, I'll be willing to lend a hand. I'm coming back to PSU JP and don't really know too many people on it these days, unfortunately I'm only level 47 but I'll be able to help you early on :D

RemiusTA
Nov 22, 2011, 08:05 PM
I dont play JP servers because i hate not being able to read stuff.

I dont play US servers because they suck.

stuck in a dark place

Nemhy
Nov 22, 2011, 09:58 PM
By the way if you want any help at any point, I'll be willing to lend a hand. I'm coming back to PSU JP and don't really know too many people on it these days, unfortunately I'm only level 47 but I'll be able to help you early on :D

I sent you a PM on here. :)

AzureAsh
Nov 22, 2011, 10:59 PM
I sent you a PM on here. :)

Replied to that said PM. :)