PDA

View Full Version : Not enough stars in the universe

PSW4L
Nov 23, 2011, 03:39 AM
I've never really seen the population this low in PSU. Seems like nobody is playing. Max I've seen is three stars. And with no one on my friends list to run with it's just not fun right now. You think there's any new updates to look forward to for PSU or are they finally just gonna close down the servers?

Midori Oku
Nov 23, 2011, 03:45 AM
People will come back, and we will still have updates. In fact our next big update should be the Guardians Chronicle event. The reason the population is so low right now is because of all the new games. It happens every year, although, there were a lot of big titles that came out very close together this year. Skyrim, MW3, Halo CEA, and Battlefield 3. Most people are still playing them, but they will be back.

You have to remember, it does not matter how many people are on the server playing, it's how many people are paying.

Shou
Nov 23, 2011, 05:29 AM
Tons of really good games just came out.
I'm playing Skyward Sword atm.

TheAstarion
Nov 23, 2011, 08:45 AM
I can't afford the newest games, apart from Sonic Generations which I'd pre-paid for, but I'm still not playing PSU, because my favourite champions just cycled in to free play on League of Legends :D

Powder Keg
Nov 23, 2011, 10:51 AM
Not just tons of new games, but a good chunk of players gave up when we pretty much found out we were missing data we're more than likely not going to receive.

NiceOnes
Nov 23, 2011, 11:39 AM
I will be back... Once I'm done with Skyrim.

Cleptomaniac
Nov 23, 2011, 12:18 PM
Not just tons of new games, but a good chunk of players gave up when we pretty much found out we were missing data we're more than likely not going to receive.

Bingo!

Keilyn
Nov 23, 2011, 01:34 PM
Just wait until Holiday Steam Deals and people will be away from PSU for a long time. ^_^

RemiusTA
Nov 23, 2011, 01:55 PM

Pretty much. People finally gave up. They've all but flat out said "you aren't getting any of it, so stop looking".

They said our version is its own thing, but the funny part is that they have no intention of making it different aside from not giving it the updated content. I don't know why you people are still entertaining this server -- i'd rather quit or go to PSUJP.

EvilMag
Nov 23, 2011, 02:11 PM
They found out that White Beast was boring and found out that things outside of White Beast was also boring so they quit.

str898mustang
Nov 23, 2011, 04:06 PM
Just wait until Holiday Steam Deals and people will be away from PSU for a long time. ^_^

He's talking about 360.....Steam isn't on 360 yet *facepalm*

Keilyn
Nov 23, 2011, 05:20 PM
I know plenty of 360 gamers who also own PCs, just as a lot of PS3 owners also own PSPs. I am sure some who play PSU-360 own PCs and they are also waiting on steam deals. I know people who own a PS3 only for non-PC games that show up on the console or even their PSU accounts.

Regardless the case, this is a busy season for many out there. People attending school, doing holiday shopping or planning their vacations and breaks or spending a lot of times at their jobs won't play games as much. Same is true practically every year.

In short, a game shouldn't be blamed for having a low population during a time people know it gets busy.

Rekreant
Nov 24, 2011, 03:41 AM
Yeah all MMOs are suffering for players, even the infamous WoW has slows during the holidays. Doesn't help that very little new blood gets introduced to the game, and when it does its usually a young kid who got the gift by accident. I'd say its best to just make some friends and play with those friends. If they stop playing though, just find new friends ^^. That's half the fun of being human lol.

bupjo
Nov 24, 2011, 04:09 AM
I don't know why you people are still entertaining this server -- i'd rather quit or go to PSUJP.

Amen!

PSW4L
Nov 24, 2011, 05:14 AM
Yeah I guess all that stuff is true. I was just wondering if other people feel like they're the last ones playing lately.

AzureAsh
Nov 24, 2011, 05:46 AM
Yeah I guess all that stuff is true. I was just wondering if other people feel like they're the last ones playing lately.

Welcome to how anyone pretty much felt towards the end of PSU PC/PS2, this might be worse but I honestly don't own a 360 anymore.

xjustsumloser
Nov 29, 2011, 12:41 AM

This.

Myself and 5 of my IRL friends all quit around the time. When Sega started calling us "unique" and we had finally realized the update they gave us had none of the new weapons we should have gotten.

I'd come back to the game, if there was anything left for me to look forward to getting. I by no means had everything in the game, or even hit the level cap (though I was getting there.) But when you know the game is gimped forever, it's kinda hard to want to play anymore.

Ilikelamp7
Nov 29, 2011, 02:53 AM
I honestly read the title of this thinking "What? There's like an infinite number of stars in the universe..."

Positive
Nov 29, 2011, 03:09 AM
I honestly read the title of this thinking "What? There's like an infinite number of stars in the universe..."

Galactus/Unicron is eating them all. :no:

MoonlightMyau
Nov 29, 2011, 05:11 AM
Yeah all MMOs are suffering for players, even the infamous WoW has slows during the holidays. Doesn't help that very little new blood gets introduced to the game, and when it does its usually a young kid who got the gift by accident. I'd say its best to just make some friends and play with those friends. If they stop playing though, just find new friends ^^. That's half the fun of being human lol.

That's all well and good if there are new friends to be found. I went on yesterday for the first time in a couple of weeks and the place was like a ghost town. Even white beast was dead.

Welcome to how anyone pretty much felt towards the end of PSU PC/PS2, this might be worse but I honestly don't own a 360 anymore.

That's exactly what it reminded me of, when PS2/PC was on it's last legs. It had an odd nostalgic feel to it actually.

Positive
Nov 29, 2011, 08:01 AM
or go to PSUJP.

Unless you reset your schedule to fit with jp timezone, it's not going to be any better population wise. It's just a barren wasteland when they're asleep. There's no european popoulation to fill in when the americans are asleep and vice versa. :-?

Gun96
Dec 3, 2011, 12:46 PM
Who knows what will happen,but i agree, we just aren't getting enough content or updates or anything. I still think it was pointless that we have to pay for it. I already gotta buy gold. I eventually have to buy a new mic because 360 mics suck. And i'm not paying like 50 dollars for a wireless one. And i'm going to tell the truth: This game would've done a whole lot better if it was f2p in my opinion.

EvilJohn
Dec 12, 2011, 07:12 AM
this sucks 360 is dieying out too....i quit a few years ago due too being sick of white beast.

Alex305!
Dec 12, 2011, 08:00 AM
Unless you reset your schedule to fit with jp timezone, it's not going to be any better population wise. It's just a barren wasteland when they're asleep. There's no european popoulation to fill in when the americans are asleep and vice versa. :-?

This is true. I don't know if its any different in the JP weekends but its empty as hell but I found some English players so its a little bit better...

Because of how empty the jp servers are I treat it sort of like a single player game. Maybe when I hit 120+ I can party up with the JP PSU importer vets.