PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 has 3D?

Zaix
Nov 24, 2011, 10:38 AM
I was bored today and decided to dig around the first PSO2 alpha files. I noticed that one of the settings in the the log files said the height and width for 3D versus the standard height and width.

The offending file (pso2_spec_log_alpha.txt) is below. The text is in bold near the bottom.
[SPOILER-BOX]
Ini = {
TraceEnabled = true,
Config = {
Simple = {
DrawLevel = 5,
},
Basic = {
MoviePlay = true,
RadarMapDirection = 0,
MovieVolume = 100,
},
Control = {
Pad = {
Type = 0,
},
KeyBoard = {
Array = 0,
},
Mouse = {
},
Weapon = {
Distance = {
ChangeCamera = "one_push",
Camera = {
Normal = {
Rotate = {
Y = "normal",
X = "normal",
},
},
Tps = {
Rotate = {
Y = "normal",
X = "normal",
},
},
},
ViewControl = {
Normal = "normal",
Tps = "normal",
},
ChangePalette = "hold",
},
Magic = {
Camera = {
Normal = {
Rotate = {
Y = "normal",
X = "normal",
},
},
Tps = {
Rotate = {
Y = "normal",
X = "normal",
},
},
},
ViewControl = {
Normal = "normal",
Tps = "normal",
},
ChangePalette = "hold",
},
Near = {
ViewControl = {
Normal = "normal",
Tps = "normal",
},
Camera = {
Normal = {
Rotate = {
Y = "normal",
X = "normal",
},
},
Tps = {
Rotate = {
Y = "normal",
X = "normal",
},
},
},
},
},
},
Draw = {
TextureResolution = 2,
Shadow = {
Quality = "high",
DrawTarget = {
Player = true,
Object = true,
Friend = true,
Npc = true,
Enemy = true,
},
},
Display = {
EffectDrawDistance = 100,
SimpleModelNum = 100,
BgDrawDistance = 100,
DitailModelNum = 30,
},
ShaderQuality = false,
Function = {
Reflection = true,
LightGeoGraphy = true,
LightShaft = true,
Depth = true,
Bloom = true,
LightEffect = true,
Blur = true,
AntiAliasing = true,
},
},
Communication = {
},
Sound = {
Play = {
Surround = true,
GlobalFocus = false,
},
Volume = {
Bgm = 100,
Voice = 100,
Se = 100,
},
},
System = {
ConnectSetting = {
},
},
},
Login = {
SaveAccount = true,
Account = "censored lol",
SavePassword = false,
},
Window = {
login = {
Height = 168,
FromLeft = 806,
FromTop = 506,
Width = 307,
},
},
Windows = {
FullScreen = true,
Height = 1200,
Height3d = 480,
Width3d = 640,
Width = 1920,
},
TraceToChatLog = true,
MultiThread = false,
GameModeOnlineLogin = {
Cursor = 1,
},
}[/SPOILER-BOX]

Don't know that its very important to anyone but its a nice addition for those that actually have 3D hardware. It seem to me that SEGA might actually be trying with this game, even if you think of 3D as nothing more than a gimmick.

I apologize if its been known but my searches found nothing.

I also added a poll just because there aren't enough polls around here.

kyuuketsuki
Nov 24, 2011, 11:01 AM
Until there are good-quality non-TN passive-3D displays for a reasonable price, I won't be interested in 3D so, doesn't much matter to me.

NoiseHERO
Nov 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
I dunno a game this fast with 3D would hurt my eyes..

But I have nothing against extra stuff. I'm not gonna say "3D ISN'T PSO'S STYLE, THAT'S DUMB TAKE IT OUT" or anything so yeah sure why not.

PrinceBrightstar
Nov 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
I'm actually more interested in that thing that says MultiThread.

Hatemachine
Nov 24, 2011, 12:17 PM
Meh 3D is overpriced and generally not worth it's hefty price tag, Like when Blu Rays first released, the quality IS improved, but not enough to make me overlook spending 25 more dollars for a HD copy of Predator.

I can enjoy it just as well on a basic TV screen for 5 bucks, PSO2 is gonna be the same way for me, as long as I can play it, it's enjoyable and entertaining, I will have gotten my monies worth.

AzureAsh
Nov 24, 2011, 09:50 PM
I really don't care about 3D in PSO2, it'd be a nice addition but I don't feel like it would help me in the slightest.

Ark22
Nov 24, 2011, 11:00 PM
I would be ducking and what not in my chair. This is why I don't have a 3D tv. I'm pretty sure COD players fall out their chairs.

rezakon
Nov 24, 2011, 11:53 PM
Doesn't phase me I can't see the 3D effect, ok for people that want it though.

Kent
Nov 26, 2011, 02:34 AM
I would be ducking and what not in my chair. This is why I don't have a 3D tv. I'm pretty sure COD players fall out their chairs.
COD players generally fall out of their chairs when they try to process basic language and arithmetic skills. Or when exposed to something they haven't bought three times already.

paracelsus
Nov 26, 2011, 09:13 AM
I just wish tele-immersion ( http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/T/tele-immersion.html) would have advanced far enough that we could play the game like on a Star Trek holo-deck.

LK1721
Nov 27, 2011, 02:23 PM
I don't think I'd be able to play it in 3D, my eyes would promptly explode, or I would get motion sick. XD

It could be a nice feature for people who have the 3D displays and whatnot, but I'm no where near a fan of 3D.

moorebounce
Nov 28, 2011, 09:59 PM
You have 3D models in games but developers have to use blur and fog tricks to try and show depth perception

RemiusTA
Nov 28, 2011, 10:10 PM
lol what

RedRaz0r
Nov 29, 2011, 01:49 AM
COD players generally fall out of their chairs when they try to process basic language and arithmetic skills. Or when exposed to something they haven't bought three times already.

The same thing could be said about Phantasy Star players

kyuuketsuki
Nov 29, 2011, 01:57 AM
You have 3D models in games but developers have to use blur and fog tricks to try and show depth perception
... This is talking about the 3D effect gained by showing each of the viewer's eyes two different images, with one being an offset of the other, thus approximating the slightly different perspective each eye has when viewing actual objects and, thereby, simulating the actual perception of depth you get in real life. Not using depth of field tricks to fake the focusing effect of a 2D camera.

The same thing could be said about Phantasy Star players
I'd never be one to claim that all PSO fans are intelligent, but... I'd have no qualms claiming that CoD die-hards are generally drooling, barely conscious sub-humans. :wink:

NoiseHERO
Nov 29, 2011, 02:08 AM
... This is talking about the 3D effect gained by showing each of the viewer's eyes two different images, with one being an offset of the other, thus approximating the slightly different perspective each eye has when viewing actual objects and, thereby, simulating the actual perception of depth you get in real life. Not using depth of field tricks to fake the focusing effect of a 2D camera.

I'd never be one to claim that all PSO fans are intelligent, but... I'd have no qualms claiming that CoD die-hards are generally drooling, barely conscious sub-humans. :wink:

I'd say PS fanatics obsessive interest drives them to irrational judgement or just sounding like crazy otakus like any other fanbase.

Just that you guys are more underground because nobody plays this game but us right now. so you're extra crazy and weird.

But still not as irrationally crazy and stubbornly idiotic as Sonic fans *staring at the people that didn't enjoy generations because it didn't have Genesis' Sonic 20 year old engine* I mean They probably would've hated either way since you have to play as both Sonic's if they're gonna sound that stupid.

I mean there's plenty of people that liked mario from start to finish, and you don't hear them saying "WHY ISN'T IT LIKE THE NES VERSION?!" every 5 minutes without actually PLAYING the game for every 2D mario game that comes out. Classic sonic made the same exact reasonable growth as today's 2D mario games. Less even, for what he probably would've been if he never evolved passed his genesis days like all those psycho fanboys would want for this generations sonic which is insanely pathetic.

Man I needa stop lurking gamefaqs forums out of boredom and get back to job hunting.

BUT THAT'S OFF-TOPIC which is why I spoiler hid it.

Ogni-XR21
Nov 29, 2011, 06:38 AM
On PC it doesn't really matter if the game has 3D settings or not since you can just make the game 3D with the right driver (i.e. iz3d.com).

I recently tested this with PSO, works great except some of the effects are just 2D overlays so they have no depth to them (Gifoie, SD,...)

It was really nice playing PSO in 3D even though it's just a gimmick.

Jonth
Nov 29, 2011, 11:02 AM
I've never even really been a fan of 3D movies. They charge you more than a regular movie at the theaters, you have to wear those stupid glasses that 100,000 other people have already worn, and the glasses also make everything darker in an already dark theater room...

I've yet to see this 3D that does not require glasses yet, but the fact that the Nintendo 3DS has done so poorly makes me a little weary of it. I know I am being a little unfair, because the fact it is doing so poorly could be for a number of other reasons (hardware limitations seems most likely, since that is the area Nintendo always neglects...), but it doesn't help the technology when the first piece of hardware to utilize it is a letdown.

Until video games are capable of implementing full virtual reality (think Star Trek hologram room), thus allowing me to physically crush the head of an ogre with my morning star, and to experience a fantasy adventure as if I am actually there (minus the excruciating pain that comes along with being impaled mind you), I won't ever be fully satisfied.

NoiseHERO
Nov 29, 2011, 11:08 AM
I've never even really been a fan of 3D movies. They charge you more than a regular movie at the theaters, you have to wear those stupid glasses that 100,000 other people have already worn, and the glasses also make everything darker in an already dark theater room...

I've yet to see this 3D that does not require glasses yet, but the fact that the Nintendo 3DS has done so poorly makes me a little weary of it. I know I am being a little unfair, because the fact it is doing so poorly could be for a number of other reasons (hardware limitations seems most likely, since that is the area Nintendo always neglects...), but it doesn't help the technology when the first piece of hardware to utilize it is a letdown.

Until video games are capable of implementing full virtual reality (think Star Trek hologram room), thus allowing me to physically crush the head of an ogre with my morning star, and to experience a fantasy adventure as if I am actually there (minus the excruciating pain that comes along with being impaled mind you), I won't ever be fully satisfied.

And then people will stop having children.

I LOVE YOU MARILYN MONROBOT <3

kyuuketsuki
Nov 29, 2011, 01:08 PM
I'd say PS fanatics obsessive interest drives them to irrational judgement or just sounding like crazy otakus like any other fanbase.
That's about the truth of it.

But still not as irrationally crazy and stubbornly idiotic as Sonic fans *staring at the people that didn't enjoy generations because it didn't have Genesis' Sonic 20 year old engine*
Haven't gotten to play a whole lot of Generations yet (between holiday crap and two SW:tOR beta weekends), but it's pretty awesome so far. The "old" Sonic sections play almost just like old-school sonic, just with a modern graphics engine.

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2011, 01:36 PM
To be absolutely fair about the sonic bitching....the 20 year old physics engine used in the older sonic games was about 4 times as sophisticated in terms of actually being a physics engine. Its age has absolutely nothing to do with anything. The fact that the games are now in 3D, with thousands of times the processing power, yet don't even make an effort to match them is pretty sad sometimes.

Although Generations didn't need one quite as accurate to build a worthwhile experience, all the "classic" sonic games before them don't exhibit any of the things that made the genesis games fun. The only one 2D sonic games i really enjoyed after the genesis era were like...Sonic Advance 1 and Sonic Rush. I guess Sonic Advance 3 was alright...

Randomness
Nov 29, 2011, 02:09 PM

The 3DS had a lackluster launch lineup. The hardware itself is excellent.

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2011, 02:17 PM
The hardware is okay. The 3D effect is wonderful, if not a bit disorienting.

But I honestly don't believe 3D is enough to warrant me buying a 3DS over the Vita's multiplied horsepower at the same price point.

Ark22
Nov 29, 2011, 04:14 PM
3D physical boobs that can pop out at me? I am willing to spend money on it.

Randomness
Nov 29, 2011, 05:45 PM
The hardware is okay. The 3D effect is wonderful, if not a bit disorienting.

But I honestly don't believe 3D is enough to warrant me buying a 3DS over the Vita's multiplied horsepower at the same price point.

I'm waiting to see what the Vita has at launch in games before deciding

RemiusTA
Nov 29, 2011, 06:09 PM
3D physical boobs that can pop out at me? I am willing to spend money on it.

This sentence is sooooo exploitable

I'm waiting to see what the Vita has at launch in games before deciding

I honestly don't even care, TBH. I see the Vita surviving the longhaul better than the 3DS.

I learned my lesson with Nintendo and their gimmicks after the Gamecube. Loved that system, but i'd be completely lying if i was saying it wasn't a useless piece of shit for most of its lifetime were it not for Melee and PSO having so much longevity.

The GCN alone is the reason i don't have a Wii right now. I refused to buy another system with like 3 STUUPER AMAZING games but a lifetime of nothing. And 3DS is probably gonna follow the same thing in my eyes. A few zelda/mario exclusives wont be able to amend the more interesting exclusives the Vita will probably end up with, especially seeing as it is, literally, a mini PS3.

With touch screens, cameras, tilt sensitivity, online, and pretty much everything the 3DS has minus the 3D technology and dual screen. And it probably does it better, too. With triple the horsepower. And an identical price point. LoL.

I dont care much for handheld crap anyway, but if Square Enix ever announces a Final Fantasy Dissidia : Vita with HD characters and shit, im all over it. Even if the AI is a cheating bastard.

NoiseHERO
Nov 29, 2011, 06:35 PM
3D boobs would probably jiggle, swing and multiply forward so much that it would crush the insides of my brain hypnotically through my eyes.

But at least I'd die with a creepy smile.

Ark22
Nov 29, 2011, 10:12 PM
3D boobs would probably jiggle, swing and multiply forward so much that it would crush the insides of my brain hypnotically through my eyes.

But at least I'd die with a creepy smile.

If this was Facebook, I would like this.

This sentence is sooooo exploitable

I honestly don't even care, TBH. I see the Vita surviving the longhaul better than the 3DS.

I learned my lesson with Nintendo and their gimmicks after the Gamecube. Loved that system, but i'd be completely lying if i was saying it wasn't a useless piece of shit for most of its lifetime were it not for Melee and PSO having so much longevity.

The GCN alone is the reason i don't have a Wii right now. I refused to buy another system with like 3 STUUPER AMAZING games but a lifetime of nothing. And 3DS is probably gonna follow the same thing in my eyes. A few zelda/mario exclusives wont be able to amend the more interesting exclusives the Vita will probably end up with, especially seeing as it is, literally, a mini PS3.

With touch screens, cameras, tilt sensitivity, online, and pretty much everything the 3DS has minus the 3D technology and dual screen. And it probably does it better, too. With triple the horsepower. And an identical price point. LoL.

I dont care much for handheld crap anyway, but if Square Enix ever announces a Final Fantasy Dissidia : Vita with HD characters and shit, im all over it. Even if the AI is a cheating bastard.

Well, you have to pay $250 bucks for a for the device, an extra $20 or more for a mem stick alone to hold the games *if you want to get digital games*. I'll get it once it's hacked. And the slim version comes out which is gonna be sooo much cheaper.

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 02:32 AM
Haha, it's no different than the $20 you'll have to stick that other analog stick on.

I'll admit that the only reason I have a PSP now is because of piracy. But i've paid for half the games ive pirated that i don't already own (3rd birthday, 012) because 3rd birthday was a damn good game and...well, i dont really know why i bought Dissidia 012. It has AI that's annoying on a WHOLE nother level. I'd buy Phantasy Star Portable 2, but something about me spending so many hours on a useless shitty force made me absolutely hate that game. Too salty.

Anyway, I dont mind paying money for systems that i feel i can actually get something out of. Im NOT going to buy a 3DS for a 3D remake of a game i'd honestly rather just replay on N64 anyway. Not to mention, i already bought Ocarina of Time Master Quest for GCN. I really don't care to buy it again.

If the new Kingdom Hearts game is fun, that'll be nice. If there is a decent Smash Brothers, that'll be cool too, but i honestly wont care too much because Smash Brothers is meant to be played on your couch with 3 idiots screaming insults at eachother for maximum fun factor -- not the same on a handheld. But i know for a fact Square Enix and Nintendo are gonna work some magic on the 3DS. But then i know Square Enix and everyone else will turn around and make some mouth-watering Vita exclusives (or even better, Vita + PS3 cross content Wii-U type shit) and then i'll be mad i didn't go with the OBVIOUSLY fucking superior piece of hardware that Sony is offering.

Because, all fanboy stuff and bias aside, the Sony Vita is obviously just so much of a better piece of hardware than the 3DS. The ONLY reason i even look in the direction of the goddamn 3DS is because Nintendo makes kickass videogames and only sticks them on their systems. I have no intention of touching the Wii-U, but i know the next Smash Brothers is gonna make me seriously question my decision. Well, unless it looks like Brawl 2.0, in which case im not touching that garbage.

Nintendo is the main driver for any of their systems. They better be god damn happy they have such genius studios and IPs to fall back on, because in all honesty...their hardware is always shit these days.

Ark22
Nov 30, 2011, 09:08 AM
My first console was a super nintendo, so do to conditioning and me being exposed to Nintendo products, my Bias self would beg to differ.

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 11:43 AM
The Super Nintendo actually pushed something in terms of hardware. So did the N64 and Gamecube, which stood somewhere near the middle. But of course, memory and storage space have plagued these systems forever -- cartridges aren't as useful as CDs, and those little mini Gamecube discs helped with load times...and thats about it.

The nintendo wii threw away barely any notion of actually upgrading the graphics hardware, nor the storage space (no HDD), and even still neglects the idea of good network stuff.

The Wii-U will be more powerful than the PS3 and 360....but honestly, who cares, the PS3 and 360 have been out an excess of almost seven years now, producing hardware that surpasses them should be an absolute no brainer at this stage. Hell, the Vita will literally emulate the PS3 in the palm of your freaking hand.

And besides, the Wii-U will get its headstart by FINALLY being a nintendo system in the HD era with greater horsepower than the PS3/360. And then Sony and Microsoft will both release a system with some new processor that shoots tachyons into your brain and sends your mind into a different universe or something while Mario and Zelda have to buy prescription glasses to cope with sensory overload as they're bombarded with polygons and lighting effects they've never had to deal with before, while Nathan Drake and Master Chief (and everyone else numb to such crap) dodge tessellation spikes and speak to you through your mind.

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2011, 05:44 PM
Still hoping the Wii-U doesn't pull a dreamcast...

Then again Maybe playing Zelda on a Vita would be interesting...

r00tabaga
Nov 30, 2011, 10:22 PM
Yes! I love my 3D collection of games. I am pretty psyched about this.

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 11:44 PM
I actually really like the concept of Wii-U, but i don't see it really winning me over what i can envision the PS4/Xbox720 will look like.

Twilight Princess was one of my favorites, and the zelda demo made me very happy.

r00tabaga
Dec 1, 2011, 12:27 AM
I don't see how 3D can be a bad addition. If you don't have the equipment or don't care for 3D then choose choice (B). How can having more options ever be bad???
There are some really good stereoscopic games out right now (some average ones too) and if PSO2 looks anything like DW7, I will be in heaven.

Ark22
Dec 1, 2011, 01:05 AM
Nintendo knows how to do everything, they started mem cards, analog sticks and Sony just stole their cartridge (finally). I don't care about graphics, if it has Gamecube graphics and it's portable, I don't mind :P

Kion
Dec 4, 2011, 12:48 AM
I want to get the Wii-U just on the premise of the fact that it has a freaking stylus!! It's amazing(ly stupid) that there are tons of tablets on the market and yet none of them have a stylus. I would love to have one to take notes or use as a graphic tablet. Over all the design of the Wii-U seems to be done really well. There are a lot of products now vying to be a box-top solution for tv's (android, apple tv, xbox, tv recorders) I think nintendo has the right approach to make it a utility; internet video chat with media functions and then games being the cherry on top is pretty sweet.

As for 3D, I haven't been impressed with 3D so far, but it's slowly getting there. I've tried looking at 3D tv's in stores, the 3D, sharps's 3d aquos phone. The effect is pretty cool, but it's pretty rigid you have to be in just the right place to get the right 3d effect. Luckily LG has finally taken the hint and added head tracking to adjust the 3D image via software so you can watch it normally. Still really expensive, but if this picks up 3D would definitely a much more pleasant experience.
http://www.engadget.com/2011/12/01/lg-updates-eye-tracking-glasses-free-3d-displays-learns-to-lov/

Jonth
Dec 4, 2011, 10:57 AM
My first console was a super nintendo, so do to conditioning and me being exposed to Nintendo products, my Bias self would beg to differ.

My first console was an NES. Then I acquired a Sega Genesis, then a SNES, then I got the N64, and somewhere in between there I had various Nintendo handhelds. It was only at that point that I started to experience other companies' hardware by getting a PS1, not counting the SEGA Gamegear (amazing hardware for it's time, poor selection of games) and Atari my brother got at some point, and the Sega Genesis I had. I don't count them because, well... They don't exist any longer as a system manufacturer.

So, I would say I am heavily biased, or at least should be, towards Nintendo. Unfortunately, I stopped looking for Nintendo to do anything of any real notoriety after they released the Wii. I mean heck, they even admitted that they were at that point going to focus on casual gaming instead of core-gamers. Their handhelds had been exempt from this critique up until now, as the DS had been holding strong. Now I see the 3DS and its' poor reviews and title lineup, and I fear for even their handhelds.

So yeah, I am biased, but a company who is trailing in the video game industry is a company who is trailing in the video game industry. The day that Nintendo becomes another Sega (if that day comes) will be the day that a little bit of my inner child dies, but I can't deny that they have been a disappointment as of late.

RemiusTA
Dec 4, 2011, 04:39 PM
Nintendo knows how to do everything, they started mem cards, analog sticks and Sony just stole their cartridge (finally). I don't care about graphics, if it has Gamecube graphics and it's portable, I don't mind :P

Yeah, i know. It's just too bad everyone does their own shit better than them these days.

Just because you create something doesn't mean you can't keep innovating on it. Nintendo keeps using their innovations as an alternative instead of a plus. Instead of a powerful system, they get motion controls. Instead of a powerful next-gen handheld, they get a handheld with a 3D screen. They take new features and ignore them, and try to start their own as compensation. It works sometimes (wii) but i HIGHLY doubt it'll work for the 3DS, unless they just run the casual market again (and they will.)

Nintendo started the analog thing, but Sony created dual analog. Nintendo may have been the first to do memory cards (im pretty sure it was Sony, since 64 used carts) but they COMPLETELY neglected Harddrives, which are 1909012301x better. Network modes have been something nintendo has also ignored completely.

The wii runs like a SNES so its graphics are trash, but the motion scene has boosted the Wii to beyond successful thanks to casuals. Sony took the idea and combined it with their own technology (eyetoy) to create something far more effective than the Wii's method of motion control. Microsoft took it even farther -- you dont even NEED a controller anymore.

Of course, Wii-U is ditching all of this and going for yet ANOTHER innovation that the other systems don't have....but this time, they're in trouble, because Sony put ALOT of horsepower and features into the Vita, which means it is only a matter of time before games are made that completely mimic the Wii-U's functions.

In fact, they may SURPASS the Wii-U's capabilities. The Wii-U is powerful, but the controller works by streaming video information from the console -- the new controller doesn't really render much itself. In comparison, the Playstation 3 has its own GPU and processor, and the Vita has its own as well, which almost MATCH the PS3 itself. Not to mention, the Vita also has 2 touchscreens, a front and rear camera, and all the motion features of the Wii-U controller.

So i think this wave of Nintendo consoles will consist of Nintendo cleaning house as usual, and then Sony waltzing up and kicking their balls into their throat with their superior hardware.

Ark22
Dec 4, 2011, 05:05 PM
But it cost so much money to develop on those systems which is why we usually get half-ass games. Nintendo makes it easy with the dev kits they push out. But for sony and 360 they have to spend huge amounts of money which is why alot of games usually get cancelled or move to the wii. I.E Monster hunter. I think alot of devs are gonna jump ship when the budget cost for ps4 and Xbox (whatever) comes out. But hey, when the vita gets hacked I will get it.

RemiusTA
Dec 4, 2011, 08:15 PM
But it cost so much money to develop on those systems which is why we usually get half-ass games.

Terrible argument, seeing as the majority of the must-have titles on Wii come from first-party developmers.

It's just absolutely not true. Money has alot to do with the development process of games these days, but saying "it'll be a better game because on wii we get to try less" doesn't make any sense at all. The Wii and DS are saturated with shitty games.

Nintendo makes it easy with the dev kits they push out. But for sony and 360 they have to spend huge amounts of money which is why alot of games usually get cancelled or move to the wii. I.E Monster hunter.

I can't think of any instances of that happening coming to mind aside from Monster Hunter, honestly. I know PLENTY of instances of games going to PSP instead of PS3 for development costs and risks, though.

And capcom is a pretty big developer, I attribute most of MH3 going to wii with lazyness on their part.

I think alot of devs are gonna jump ship when the budget cost for ps4 and Xbox (whatever) comes out.

You know, even back during the days BEFORE 360/PS3, a large game still had a pretty hefty price tag on it's development. The HD era has made some things a bit more tedious, but thats about it. Things get more difficult to keep up with due to previous limitations not existing anymore.

But the funny part about you saying this is, the Wii is so deprived of videogames right now BECAUSE the system hardware is so weak. Developers are not even able to simply downgrade the graphics and port the game -- the hardware is usually too weak for many aspects, like physics applications and scale. So when they develop a game, they literally have to develop the 'main' version, and then the 'wii' version, which up until recently was synomous with the 'ps2' version. (Lol, remember that? 360/PS3 and Wii/PS2?)

The Wii allows developers with less money to make a game up to standard on their system, but for all the "innovation" the Wii has brought with its new motion control scheme, it in fact HINDERS developers from breaking previous limits due to hardware limitation.

But hey, when the vita gets hacked I will get it.

I don't like it when fanboys like to pick apart other systems based on the integrity of their security. ESPECIALLY Nintendo fanboys, seeing as the Wii has been hacked to hell and back so bad that it's almost saddening to see how rampant and EASY Piracy is on it. That system was cracked wide open on like, day one. People were downloading SMG2 weeks before the shit even came out. If babies and grandmothers didn't snatch up the wii like strawberry-banana hotcakes, Wii would be in the same situation the PSP is in.

Don't fool yourself. Every console that gets released WILL be hacked, no matter how hard the developers try to make it otherwise. The only real way to avoid being hacked is to take the original PS3 approach and include an OtherOS option that allows homebrew, so the REAL hackers will have no reason to crack the hardware. Sony screwed that up though, and will definitely end up being hacked again. But i assure you, the Wii-U wont take much longer.

Ark22
Dec 4, 2011, 08:19 PM
I will admit defeat. I really don't care. As long as my games keep coming that makes me happy I can care less who makes it. But hey, thanks for that awesome speech.

RemiusTA
Dec 4, 2011, 08:25 PM
Always happy to deliver an awesome speech :D

i dont neglect Wii because i hate Nintendo, i neglect Wii because it's not worth me paying for it IMO. However i still regret not having finished off the Prime series, or playing SMG1 or 2, or No More Heroes, or a few other games.

Ark22
Dec 4, 2011, 08:29 PM
Lol, I just suck at arguements, I am a real optimistic guy xD. But Yeah I agree with you 100%. Gamecube rocked SOLEY because of tales, Re4, PSO, and a few others. Besides that, ps2 had my star wars battlefront 2 and xbox had my fav JSRF. I am really lazy at typing so sorry for the horrible lettering. But we should team up on PSO2 if ya want. TO be honest I also switched to ps3 after about 2 years of the wii. When conduit sucked *** I switched.

RemiusTA
Dec 5, 2011, 02:48 AM
I completely forgot to mention that -- the MAIN reason i stayed away from Wii is because of the hellish years i endured sticking to my gamecube for so long, until i finally got a PS2 around the time PSU launched and wondered why the hell I stuck with GCN so long.

But more than anything i realized it's stupid to discriminate on a system because you hate the manufacturer. Just aim for all of them and enjoy every exclusive :D

Caerik
Dec 5, 2011, 10:51 AM
Remius and Ark this was the best read I've had in a while. Thank you both for going off on your tangent and entertaining me this morning. Good points made by both sides; my Vita pre-order all the more solidified. Thanks<3

And to the possibility of sounding on topic, I have watched some movies in 3D at home. They make my head angry, so I could only imagine what a video game could do to my meager brain .-.

chibiLegolas
Dec 5, 2011, 01:36 PM
3D is mostly useless on PSO2 unless they make it for consoles. New TV's are pushing the 3D they have and not as much as computer monitors.
Sure you can hook up your computer to your tv. But majority of folks don't have that set up.

I have a 3D tv and it's a nice added benefit for console games. Sony's really pushing 3D games with their tv's. But it's a pain for me to hook up my PC to my tv JUST for PSO2.
I would do it if the desktop was my own. But it's the "family's" desktop.

Ark22
Dec 5, 2011, 02:38 PM
Remius and Ark this was the best read I've had in a while. Thank you both for going off on your tangent and entertaining me this morning. Good points made by both sides; my Vita pre-order all the more solidified. Thanks<3

And to the possibility of sounding on topic, I have watched some movies in 3D at home. They make my head angry, so I could only imagine what a video game could do to my meager brain .-.

Glad you enjoyed it. Remius and myself to put on some good "shows" ;D. But that will be 20 bucks >.>

And again, 3D boobs. New way of porn for japan.

RemiusTA
Dec 5, 2011, 02:45 PM

Just wait for Dead or Alive 3DS, it'll happen.

Ark22
Dec 5, 2011, 03:05 PM
It already happened, but the boobs were more depth than IN YOUR FACE CLEAVAGE. So I was let down. Good game though.

Kent
Dec 5, 2011, 04:33 PM
3D is mostly useless on PSO2 unless they make it for consoles. New TV's are pushing the 3D they have and not as much as computer monitors.
Sure you can hook up your computer to your tv. But majority of folks don't have that set up.
I don't even understand the logic of this argument. You're saying people would have to use a 3DTV with their PC for 3D displaying of PC games?

I'm not even sure if the designs of 3DTVs are actually compatible with PC 3D output - which, for the record, has been out far longer than 3D console gaming has been, and probably still has a larger install base.

Just wait for Dead or Alive 3DS, it'll happen.
Er, wait for? Wasn't it like a launch title for the 3DS or something, 'cause it's been out for a while now. I even got to play it at a 3DS demo kiosk.

It's probably the best use of the 3DS' piss-poor and barely-noticeable 3D effects though. I can't think of a more noble use of such technology.

RemiusTA
Dec 5, 2011, 05:16 PM
I compplleeteeeelyyy forgot the 3DS was even out.

Thats how much i dont care, i guess. I feel dumb now.

Xenobia
Dec 6, 2011, 04:51 AM
Are we talking about PS02? I dont think they add 3D, it would rather be hilarious considering the fact that they even are incomplete building a proper 2D area. One step after another, not 2 at once.

Yes, i have a PC with TV screen setup, there are peoples like that. I dont think it is a problem in term the software is allowing for it. A good GPU and the correct drivers can detect any kind of screens and should be successfull at creating a 3D image because a PC in its basics is a open hardware. However, in term a 3D application is only tuned for Nvidia im not sure if it can be taken over to AMD/ATI any easy because they are trying to use proprietary software and stuff like that can always be messy. But the basic technology is basically same for the current generation of those screens which is basically based on active or non active shutter glasses and a bi-frame creation. Although non active glasses are bad and not reccommended, and only the higher priced TVs got active ones. TV without glasses doesnt exists, its still to advanced.

3DS is not a option and for me its clearly unsucessful for complex games which are in need of a lot of details and unfortunately at 3D a picture becomes even smaller when you look at it. So, a huge screen is always a huge advantage in order not to lose the oversight else its kinda like looking inside a small 3D container and you kinda are trapped with your eyes. So, in my view, complex games are in need of huge 3D screens, and usualy, i would not recommend a 3D TV smaller than 50 inch because even when watching from a range of 2 m, you still feel like the picture isnt to large... just about right.

I dunno if the people noticed the spec entry at Wiki about PSP2 unable to give a TV output. It would mean that this handheld can only be played on the extremely small mini OLED screen and for a game with lot of stuff going on thats just not successful, unless you cut out almost any interface. I could never play on that, thats for freaks i believe.

And then the whole technology is just still incomplete and immature in many ways, so, best for now is to keep on 2D and Sega certainly is doing that. Although its always nice to talk about what else, as long as people interested. The 3D mode certainly will not be for TV or computer monitors, its impossible to have good 3D using so few pixels unless its a small handheld. 3D for TV have to be 1080P else it gets critical with quality.

Caerik
Dec 6, 2011, 09:00 AM
Glad you enjoyed it. Remius and myself to put on some good "shows" ;D. But that will be 20 bucks >.>

Can I pay 20 Pesos in Confederate bills? Also I thought 3D explicit content already existed?

Anyhow I'm not complaining of the idea, only the implementation. Those 3D set-ups are expensive for a person like myself. But, hey! If PSO2 has 3D it could be entertaining, or it could give me a hemorrhage. Just watching some things like Skyrim being played onn 3D can warp our fragile li'l minds.

tehhaxorer
Dec 8, 2011, 04:36 AM
I am no expert in programming, but couldn't that just be coding for a character model?

Back in the day we called games "3d" if they were like Mario 64 where you could move in 3 dimensions, not SEE in 3d...

Kent
Dec 8, 2011, 08:17 AM
I am no expert in programming, but couldn't that just be coding for a character model?
It's actually simpler than that, even.

The 3D effect is achieved by having two cameras (camera, as in, the point from which information is displayed on-screen) that are slightly displaced from each other horizontally (and their angles adjusted appropriately). One camera gives the left eye view,the other gives the right eye view.

This dual-camera setup is commonly rendered out as either being both images side-by-side or one atop another, and then this actual frame is divided and rendered appropriately by the monitor itself.

The tricky part, of course, is getting the right displacement between the two cameras.

Roger Triton
Dec 14, 2011, 09:00 AM
*brain not functioning correctly without morning coffee
At first, I thought you meant that the gameplay would be 3D. Like how Phantasy Star 1-4 used sprites and not 3D (like PSP1 & 2).

OK you meant stereoscopic 3D (like 3DS). Now I get it :)

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 20, 2011, 11:18 PM
Are we talking about PS02? I dont think they add 3D, it would rather be hilarious considering the fact that they even are incomplete building a proper 2D area. One step after another, not 2 at once.

why would adding 3D to the 2D environment make the area any harder to make?

Malachite
Dec 21, 2011, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure that guy just doesn't understand how 3D works. It looks like he also doesn't understand how grammar works.

I think 3D would be a cool option to have, but I wouldn't be using it.

RemiusTA
Dec 21, 2011, 02:32 PM
3D is a waste of processing power, please just focus on something else.

Like, not ugly stages.

kyuuketsuki
Dec 22, 2011, 03:07 AM
why would adding 3D to the 2D environment make the area any harder to make?
It wouldn't. There's a little bit of development work to make sure the game doesn't glitch out when rendering for 3D, but it really would have no impact on the game for anyone besides those who have 3D monitors if they included it.