PDA

View Full Version : Item Best Weapon

chrispwnu12
Nov 27, 2011, 05:43 PM
I know that 2 swords are one of (if not) the best weapon class but I am not sure which is the best. Any of you know?

Reksanden
Nov 27, 2011, 06:06 PM
Best is what you think a weapon is. As for stat wise.....

Tamlin
Nov 27, 2011, 09:21 PM
Well... one must decide for themselves what they want to do with their characters. I'll list my own preferences and reasons why here.

For best Damage output (Melee):
1. Swords: Simply put, they're slow and heavy... but whatever they hit is going down. the best PA is Overend
2. Double Sabers: their modest stats bely an unbelievable amount of damage. Certain guides say you'll take a lot of damage with these weapons... but they make everything but bosses flinch, so they're a solid choice. The PAs are all on even keel with eachother.
3. Daggers: They look like they're going to do absolute crap for damage... but that speed and accuracy make them top notch damage mills against single enemies. The PAs even allow for combatting groups of weaker foes easily.

For Survivability (Melee):
1. Shields: Enough said. It even increases the defense stat! The PAs have no downside to them either.
2. Spears: You hit hard and keep the enemy at a distance, making it ideal for dealing damage and surviving in most engagements. The best PA is Spear Rider in my oppinion.

Adaptability (Melee):
1. Sabers: They hit any foe well enough, and they have good PAs. A quick attack string eliminates most openings that an enemy could hit you in. PAs allow for hitting groups of enemies heavily.
2. Claws: Like a mix of daggers and Sabers, Claws allow for potentially insane damage while still reducing opportunities for foes to hit you.

Damage Dealing (Ranged):
1. Mech Guns: I can not stress the insane damage dealing capabilities of these guns enough. The low attack stat and moderate accuracy stat seem like they fair poorly, but the speed of these weapons produces almost unparralelled damage for ranged fighters.
2. Bazookas: The overwhelming power of each hit in a bazooka is insane, eclipsing even the power of most swords! The only PA I don't care for is Crazy On.

Survivability (Ranged):
1. Laser Cannons: These weapons allow any ranged fighter to keep even large groups of foes at bay indeffinately. It has a low rate of fire, and one won't be doing great amounts of damage... but the survivability is undeniable. The best PA for damage dealing is Divine Ray.
2. Rifles: They allow one to do moderate damage and slow down incoming groups of foes, or to invariably frustrate and pin down a single larger foe. I don't really care much for any of the PAs on this weapon.

Adaptability (Ranged):
1. Gunblades: Oh. My. God! A blade AND a gun! It's like a shotgun with a saber on it! The only downside might be the possibility of getting whacked in the face more often if you're a ranger, but with three of the best weapons in the line being available to one of the three classes each, they are a versatile for any melee fighter who'd like a tidbit of ranged damage. I believe the best PA to be Earth Bullet.

Tigus
Nov 27, 2011, 11:42 PM
For myself it depends on ATA, element, and PA. best wepon is the one that can take down a hostile the fastest and swords are slow and rarely make even a 3 hit combo as for sabers and double sabers make almost all there hits in one go so I say doublesabers are best personaly.

Norco
Nov 28, 2011, 08:22 AM
I prefer Double Sabers because they land several hits and it quickly adds up to alot of damage. Also I think Double Sabers look awesome. Milion Rave and Tornado Dance are both awesome PAs imo. Milion Rave is perfect for taking down a group of enemies whereas Tornado Dance is good for taking down a singel enemy.

Having Celeb element is a MUST on Double Sabers imo, without it you will not deal enough damage. Many look at Clair Doubles and think it is the strongest Double Saber however it sadly is not since it got Celeb-2 instead of 3. Whereas Morgenlote and Gigas Romulus(GR) can have this. Keep this in mind before going all crazy because you spent too much time hunting for Clair Doubles. Also even though GR have better stats then Morgenlote a HUcast can outdamage GR with a Morgenlote since they get higher ATP then Newm hunters.

Then again attributes can make quite a difference if it is high enough. If you are going for a all out power build it can be wise to look for a weapon with decent Hit attribute.

Sidenote: Remember that Clair Doubles can still pack quite a punch and at least imo look a lot cooler then Morgenlote.

Mr. Mid-Boss
Nov 28, 2011, 10:15 AM
I'm quite partial to shields, myself. Short-range multi-target capabilities and the ability to protect myself while charging a PA or a spell? Nice. Bull Rush is pretty good, too.

In the end, though, I think it really depends on the situation. But I gotta go with shields.

Norco
Nov 28, 2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah shields are truly amazing as long as they have a PA and a high enough element.

Tigus
Nov 28, 2011, 03:41 PM
Im picky on my choice of arms I stick close to the heat element its my favorite or a PST or ATP cut is good (T_T) but I cant seem to want to use anything but melee weapons (^_^)