PDA

View Full Version : New newsletter, no new info.

Mike
Nov 30, 2011, 05:54 AM
Le sigh. Enjoy the December wallpaper and FOnewearl/caseal pics.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24183
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24184

Wallpapers
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24185

http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcal201112_1024x768.jpg
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcal201112_1280x1024.jpg
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcal201112_1920x1080.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Norco
Nov 30, 2011, 06:09 AM
I am starting to expect something special from the HUnewm, RAnewm and RAnewearl concept arts. Seeing as out of those three we have seen two concept arts with HUnewm(?) though they were not ment to be specifically for HUnewm.

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 06:32 AM
lack of unique animations continues to sadden meeeeee

hewitt
Nov 30, 2011, 11:39 AM
lack of unique animations continues to sadden meeeeee

This. FOnewearl looks even better in-game, though.

Neith
Nov 30, 2011, 03:38 PM
FOnewearl looks a bit dated (the model, not the design). I think it's because it's a low-polygon model but it looks very obvious in places (legs seem to look very basic in terms of definition), but part of that's down to texturing/lighting effects and at this early stage it doesn't worry me too much.

landman
Nov 30, 2011, 05:09 PM
That Oracle mother ship is transporting a giant ball made of rubber band!!

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2011, 05:50 PM
That Oracle mother ship is transporting a giant ball made of rubber band!!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000551519/polls_unsee_4652_88368_poll_xlarge.jpeg

Wow what the hell, man.

Dragwind
Nov 30, 2011, 06:55 PM
Wow, it really does look like a giant rubber band ball.

Watch out Dark Falz.

(woo-hoo, new smexy wallpaper)

Ark22
Nov 30, 2011, 07:20 PM
They might as well build Cybertron, seeing how big that ship is.

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2011, 07:46 PM
Where are the arks from again?

PSZ was on coral and the backstory was that some people ran away because the planet was doomed (Mother Brain infected by falz or something killing everyone) on some ships...

But that looks a little big for a last minute getaway ship...

I don't remember the whole story if Arks were even said to be DIRECTLY related or not...

Or were they from Earth...

Or was Coral Earth...

NOpe I don't remember any of this stuff.

Mike
Nov 30, 2011, 08:10 PM
Where are the arks from again?
It hasn't been made public yet. I guess it would be better to say that we don't know yet.

Omega-z
Nov 30, 2011, 08:12 PM
Michaeru, the Arks came form Ragol in PSO Ep.3 the C.A.R.D one.:)
If they are the same Arks, otherwise what Mike said.:rappy:

NoiseHERO
Nov 30, 2011, 08:18 PM
Michaeru, the Arks came form Ragol in PSO Ep.3 the C.A.R.D one.:)
If they are the same Arks, otherwise what Mike said.:rappy:

I think they also confirmed that they weren't the same thing. ]:

Alex Longstride
Nov 30, 2011, 08:20 PM
Back to the subject of HUnewm, I like the design of the one in the Sword Settei better than the one that we saw back before the TGS trailer; you know, the one with all the "manry" cutouts.
The newer one (assuming it's the final version) looks more appropriate for a melee fighter, not to mention badass. I actually plan on making a recolor of dat armor as a cosplay, based on my future PSO2 character's color scheme.

Mike
Nov 30, 2011, 08:23 PM
I think they also confirmed that they weren't the same thing. ]:
Yup. One is Arks, the other is Arkz. Sakai also posted on one of the Phantasy Star blogs that they were not the same thing.

Omega-z
Nov 30, 2011, 08:32 PM
Michaeru, I think I remember that now, I'm lowz lol. Who knows they could say they came from Angol lol or Earth lol anything possible now these days. But didn't they say they were going to bridge the Gap between PSO and PSU?

RemiusTA
Nov 30, 2011, 11:50 PM
FOnewearl looks a bit dated (the model, not the design). I think it's because it's a low-polygon model but it looks very obvious in places (legs seem to look very basic in terms of definition), but part of that's down to texturing/lighting effects and at this early stage it doesn't worry me too much.

I was tempted to joke on this, but i didn't want to feel like i was splitting hairs.

But yeah, lol@ that polygon count. I hope they improve.

I also found it hilarious in the newsletter they mention looking up ways to improve the graphics with DirectX9 support. Whats going on with this. Dx11 please, encourage more people to get windows 7 because it's amazing.

Masterflower
Dec 1, 2011, 01:33 AM
Still waiting on my Newman Ranger. -_-; Im tired of seeing same old classes lol

Zyrusticae
Dec 1, 2011, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't be expecting Sega to be pushing the envelope with graphics, heh.

And there are lots of ways to push a game with exclusively DX9 effects. HLSL is versatile stuff. Hell, with DX9 alone you can put in things like atmospheric lighting and fog, god rays, ambient occlusion, and fancy material shaders. (Aion post-2.5 has all of these, and it uses DX9 exclusively.)

...Also, I am amused by how close they were to giving us a panty shot.

Norco
Dec 1, 2011, 10:13 AM
Still waiting on my Newman Ranger. -_-; Im tired of seeing same old classes lol

You got that one right. Even though the pictures we have just seen are pretty niice they are not exactly new.

moorebounce
Dec 1, 2011, 08:08 PM
I don't see any feet on the character in the second photo. Whats up w/ that?

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2011, 08:34 PM
^ Ultra state of the art fairy moe~maid tip-toe robotics design.

Alex Longstride
Dec 1, 2011, 09:02 PM
^ Ultra state of the art fairy moe~maid tip-toe robotics design.

I'm pretty sure she hovers. She is a sorceress after all, and these are robots that we're talking about...

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2011, 09:25 PM
I'm pretty sure she hovers. She is a sorceress after all, and these are robots that we're talking about...

They said you can turn the hover on and off, I'm assuming she's gonna be stabbin' the ground with her ultra state of the art ball point air pressure magnet shock absorbing balancer balerina concept based toes.

•Col•
Dec 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
She only hovers when she runs... When she walks around, she tip-toes around.

I hate those feet.

SO MUCH

NoiseHERO
Dec 1, 2011, 10:29 PM
How can you hate ultra state of the art ball point air pressure magnet shock absorbing balancer balerina concept based toes?

Do you plan on playing as a moe-loli-bot... WITHOUT THEM????

Enforcer MKV
Dec 2, 2011, 12:40 AM
good grief, I hope normal feet are an option. Only bad thing about the Focaseal are those stupid sticker - *ahem* - "pointed" feet.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 2, 2011, 04:37 AM
That *is* only the default parts for FOcaseal... I am confident that eventually different Parts will become available for purchase at a shop.

I think she looks cute, like a cross between a Zone of Enders mech and a decked out sorceress.

chaos-shadow
Dec 2, 2011, 11:03 AM
I also agree - the FOnewearl is a lot more adorable in game than in concept arts. Sigh of relief, since that's probably what I'll start with.

NoiseHERO
Dec 2, 2011, 11:15 AM
The pointed feet is actually the only part I liked...

They should've given her something more white-mage looking, instead of that maid sex slave loli-bot crap. Kinda like the Focast got his...

Awkward looking tankmage hood shaped armor. >____>

But you know. Actually cool looking.

But yeah for people that just want her prosthetic loli cleavage, tiny arms and headgear with too much things on it that'd give someone neck problems in real life, you can just swap out the legs.

RemiusTA
Dec 2, 2011, 01:59 PM
I don't think anything will make cast force look interesting to me.

And yeah, now i cant unsee the rubberband ball anymore. It's almost as bad as Sakura's elbow in her art in SSF4...but not quite.

NoiseHERO
Dec 2, 2011, 02:26 PM
I also agree - the FOnewearl is a lot more adorable in game than in concept arts. Sigh of relief, since that's probably what I'll start with.

wait-wait-wait what?

I think you guys... what?

Do people hate anime that much?

Her face looks so awkward in game compared to the concept art. I mean sure you can change it later, but that model they used just looks frumpy to me...

And I dunno what's wrong with the polygons on her legs...

Also she looks oddly skinnier than I remember...

The concept art looked a lot cleaner than that picture from what I can remember at least.

kyuuketsuki
Dec 2, 2011, 11:12 PM
And yeah, now i cant unsee the rubberband ball anymore.
It's one of those things... Didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out and now it's all I see.
It's almost as bad as Sakura's elbow in her art in SSF4...but not quite.
Wait what? *goes to google image*

NoiseHERO
Dec 3, 2011, 03:05 AM
It's one of those things... Didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out and now it's all I see.

Wait what? *goes to google image*

Yeah it's a meme "Cannot unsee" sadfasdgsd

But it one of those memes that get old and people get money off of it by making a whole website based off of it for 12 year olds to find and laugh at during their computer class.

Norco
Dec 3, 2011, 07:28 AM
Somehow when looking at the wallpaper with the RubberBandBallPlanetShipThingy and the Pioneer like ships I think of Tengan Toppa Guren Laggen and I have on idea why..