PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart 7 anyone?

Ark22
Dec 5, 2011, 09:04 PM
Seeing it being a fun game and all we should all totally play :P.

FC: 1547-5195-3597

Rashiid
Dec 5, 2011, 09:14 PM
I only need to 3* about 7 more cups in all, then I'll hop online, probably in a day.

What karts do you guys use?

I generally go with:

-Daisy
-Zucchini body
-Slim tires
-Swooper hanglider

I race with Daisy, Rosalina (I just swap the Blue Seven with Bolt Buggy), and Shy Guy, although against CPUs I'll use just about anyone.

Ark22
Dec 5, 2011, 09:20 PM
I use Luigi, standard everything.

Rashiid
Dec 5, 2011, 09:24 PM
Ah. Friend does the same with Toad. I tried staying standard, then I tested some other stuff, then realized with the right tire/body combo, you can make some pretty cool karts. Also it allows you to basically use whoever you want and weight/acc/speed etc isn't an issue. My Rosalina is basically a medium character with med-heavy speed.

NoiseHERO
Dec 5, 2011, 11:14 PM
So like...

This game doesn't have snaking or annoying metagame borderline-glitch abusable game mechanics does it?

Snaking pretty much made me quit DS's wifi. ]:

Why can't we just drive? D:

Keilyn
Dec 6, 2011, 04:50 AM
No. I like the first 2 mario karts. Hated all the rest.

Zarode
Dec 6, 2011, 09:53 AM
So like...

This game doesn't have snaking or annoying metagame borderline-glitch abusable game mechanics does it?

Snaking pretty much made me quit DS's wifi. ]:

Why can't we just drive? D:

No snaking, and the ability to join communities that disallow certain items or items all together.

No. I like the first 2 mario karts. Hated all the rest.

That's too bad, because this one is the most similar to 64.

NoiseHERO
Dec 6, 2011, 11:29 AM
Bah getting more reasons to want a 3DS.

Shinji Kazuya
Dec 6, 2011, 01:28 PM
Hey Ark.
I got mine today. Friend Code is: 5069 - 4165 - 6030.

Outrider
Dec 6, 2011, 01:47 PM
That's too bad, because this one is the most similar to 64.

See, I never cared for MK64, but I absolutely adored Mario Kart DS. Would it still be a good game for me?

Rashiid
Dec 6, 2011, 08:42 PM
This is, in my opinion, the best Mario Kart out. It's similar to MK DS as well, just you'll have to use the analog stick. D-Pad is not an option as it's used to enter and exit Gyro (First Person) mode. The online is very organized with communities. Totally worth every penny.

yoshiblue
Dec 6, 2011, 09:49 PM
Mario kart DS was fun and all but the online is always disappointing. You get a full house, losing people leave. Those who stay most likely abuse the snaking. If its down to you and one other, they stay in second, bombard you, boost past you only to go back to second just to troll you then win.

Rashiid
Dec 6, 2011, 10:09 PM
Snaking is not in 7. You can try it, but it'll utterly end in failure. I'm trying to find a 150cc community. 100cc is so slow and so far I've been obliterating people >_>

Edit: Actually found a few. IGN has a 150cc with all items, as well as this other 3DS, Nintendo Life community. They're pretty good on population.

Zarode
Dec 7, 2011, 12:24 PM
See, I never cared for MK64, but I absolutely adored Mario Kart DS. Would it still be a good game for me?

Yes. It's more about the skill then luck. Blue shells don't spell doom, but will certainly screw you up for a second. There aren't really anymore stupid items (I guess the blooper), though I will be honest, I don't care for the Lucky 7 that much. The 3D is well done, you can turn off the gyro-controls and play in first person which I do all the time. The online owns, hardly any noticeable lag. The tracks are all righteous. I guess if I had a REAL complaint is that I want more.

Ark22
Dec 7, 2011, 02:44 PM
I am getting wrecked in this game.

Outrider
Dec 7, 2011, 03:00 PM
Yes. It's more about the skill then luck. Blue shells don't spell doom, but will certainly screw you up for a second. There aren't really anymore stupid items (I guess the blooper), though I will be honest, I don't care for the Lucky 7 that much. The 3D is well done, you can turn off the gyro-controls and play in first person which I do all the time. The online owns, hardly any noticeable lag. The tracks are all righteous. I guess if I had a REAL complaint is that I want more.

Good to hear. I've been considering picking this up as a Christmas gift for my girlfriend (she generally really likes Mario Kart games), so I think I'll definitely do that and decide if I want it as well.

Rashiid
Dec 7, 2011, 05:32 PM
Be aware: Your Mii Plaza will be very, very clustered due to SpotPass, lol. I went from about 12 (campus friends) to 103 since release.

Sidenote: Yay recent update ^^; Epic Find Mii II