PDA

View Full Version : Which trap?

RogueXero
Mar 19, 2003, 02:29 PM
Well??

sharkie-do
Mar 19, 2003, 02:36 PM
Confuse for hordes, freeze for bigger enemies...

Robomonke
Mar 19, 2003, 04:04 PM
Freeze!

rena-ko
Mar 20, 2003, 07:55 AM
On 2003-03-19 11:36, sharkie-do wrote:
Confuse for hordes, freeze for bigger enemies...

like sharkie said.

Malkavian
Mar 20, 2003, 01:38 PM
freeze rules.

But I'm finding that in episode 1&2 the traps have been toned down drastically. They take like 2 times longer to explode and have a very reduced range. I hope that's because I'm low lv and it will get better with the time if not... I think this is a major lowdown for androids compared to DC ver.2

Foggy_Pete
Mar 20, 2003, 04:53 PM
if im not mistaken traps actualy take longer to explode as you level up. i usualy just shoot my traps when i think its appropriate

Auracom
Mar 20, 2003, 05:02 PM
Actually the time shortens... and confuse is for large groups, freeze for one on one/two...

PS Foggy I like the sig their all so cute.

Elixer
Mar 20, 2003, 05:24 PM
Freeze are good for big guys that can be a pain like gibbles or hidedelt. Confuse is better for packs of like 8 tallows.

JediAsh
Mar 20, 2003, 05:30 PM
Freeze rocks when your heading thru ultimate famitsu runs. Confuse is ok, but freeze lets you own a bunch of monsters.

2Xtreme
Mar 20, 2003, 05:42 PM
As far as I can tell, the range and detonating time of traps improves as you move up in play difficulty. In Ultimate, a trap will explode in almost no time, and will hit whole rooms on certain maps.

EDarkness
Mar 21, 2003, 12:53 PM
I kind of rotate between Freeze and Confuse traps. The Fire traps are just about completely worthless.

Generally, I use confuse traps. Just because once you get to Ult. Ruins, it makes your life a lot easier to have them do most of the damage themselves. And Ult. Delsabers do ungodly damage. Why not get that damage to work for you? Heh, heh.

Freeze is good if you're with a team and they don't know how to get out of the way after the confuse starts working. Nothing worse than seeing your hommie get pounded on because he's in the middle of a group of confused bartles. Some hunters don't like the idea of standing around doing nothing, but what the hell, if the enemies are gonna do most of the work, why not let them? For these guys, there are Freeze traps.

I gotta admit, though. Traps make life so much easier. It's the equalizer in a lot of ways.

-EDarkness