PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter 3G...IS SOOO GOOOD!

Ark22
Dec 10, 2011, 11:48 PM
Game plays smooth, graphics are wonderful and it's just.......Beautiful. Sadly I don't own the game but internet videos are keeping me filled. So anyone gonna get it if ii goes international?

Rashiid
Dec 10, 2011, 11:51 PM
I will if it does. Looks like Europe might but I dunno about NA. Can't beat the system since 3DSs are region locked.

Portable 3rd is still good enough for me as of now.

Mantiskilla
Dec 11, 2011, 02:00 AM
Yeah I'll probably get it if it comes stateside. Portable 3rd kept me entertained for quite some time but barely play it now

Zarode
Dec 11, 2011, 09:36 AM
60 FPS in full 3d is impressive. I hope this comes stateside. I've been dying for a MoHun lately.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 11, 2011, 10:05 AM
I would, but might not because it isn't online, i really hope MH4 is

Rashiid
Dec 11, 2011, 11:46 AM
I have 3 other MH friends on campus so wireless won't bother me at all.

Roger Triton
Dec 11, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ark22, please share your reasons why MH3G is so good?

If it is good, a Vita version would be very nice.

Ark22
Dec 11, 2011, 12:22 PM
Well for one, texture and the graphics run pretty F-in smooth.

They added all the weapons from MHP3rd to it.

Underwater battles are back, I mean seriously Luds sucked on land.

If it comes to America it may be online ( http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/05/what-makes-monster-hunter-click-in-the-west/ ).

I don't know if they unnerfed the monsters, but the Jhen Mohren was Pretty easy to kill before it got to your ship.

Sub species Joe looks reealllyy pissed as well as Jin.

http://storage.siliconera.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/MH3g_jinouga_sub_thumb.png

http://geek.pikimal.com/files/2011/12/deviljho_03_thumb.jpg

I'll think of more when I am not tired. If I made any grammar mistakes sorry about that.

I have 3 other MH friends on campus so wireless won't bother me at all.

I need to start a MH club on my campus.

As for the Vita guy, um, I really don't want them to because that means I would have to buy the vita =/.

Roger Triton
Dec 11, 2011, 01:31 PM
TC (topic creator) start a petition or just let me "Like" this thread.
Game sounds excellent.

Weeaboolits
Dec 11, 2011, 03:09 PM
Can't wait to pay Plesioth back for all those times it made me waste my sonic bombs scaring it back out of the water.

Ark22
Dec 11, 2011, 09:20 PM
Can't wait to pay Plesioth back for all those times it made me waste my sonic bombs scaring it back out of the water.

Remember when you some how killed it in the water and you couldn't carve? Lol

Zantra
Jan 23, 2012, 05:58 AM
I don't think you can say something is "so good", if you've never actually played it yourself.

Zarode
Jan 23, 2012, 10:43 AM
I don't think you can say something is "so good", if you've never actually played it yourself.

Sure you can? :shrug: I don't own a lot of the games I recommend to people... Besides, it really does look and play real good, from what the videos show.

Akaimizu
Jan 23, 2012, 12:03 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this game supposed to follow more from Monster Hunter Tri than the portable series? If so, then perhaps there is a better chance for a Western release. I definitely digged the versatility of the weapons in Tri, so I'd be happy for more of that.

darkante
Jan 23, 2012, 01:38 PM
Would probably gotten it already if the 3DS werenīt region locked.
Bah, man gotta hope.

Zarode
Jan 23, 2012, 05:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this game supposed to follow more from Monster Hunter Tri than the portable series? If so, then perhaps there is a better chance for a Western release. I definitely digged the versatility of the weapons in Tri, so I'd be happy for more of that.

Nope, it's literally Portable 3 with more stuff. Does not include WiFi, from what I understand. Might be better off without it, honestly... I know no one with a 3DS let alone the taste for Monster Hunter around me.

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2012, 10:48 AM
That's why you need Wifi more. Because they do exist in numbers, just not around you.

Zarode
Jan 24, 2012, 11:46 AM
Amen, brother. The Japanese are so stubborn about it. Monster Hunter is their series, how dare we wish to partake in it, how dare we criticize it for not having WiFi. How. Dare. We. The rest of the world...

Capcom of Japan drives me crazy. Makes good games and tons of bad decisions. If only they knew the money they could be rolling in.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jan 24, 2012, 04:21 PM
Monster Hunter 3G is literally an updated port of Monster Hunter tri... not a PSP game

Ark22
Jan 24, 2012, 07:28 PM
It has 3D.....:P I ain't mad.

Rashiid
Jan 24, 2012, 08:57 PM
Portable 3rd was tons better than Tri though. If anything they should've based it off of MHP3rd.

Mantiskilla
Jan 25, 2012, 12:08 AM
Only issue I had with Portable 3rd is after coming from MHFU it felt just a tad too short. Than again it was nice to have a fresh look to the game with monsters from Tri and some new ones.

Akaimizu
Jan 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
Well, Tri was actually a bit of a reboot. Portable 3rd was really just a follow from MHFU, in a way. Tri, while not having as many weapons as the Portable series, redid a number of things about the weapons that actually were in. So they did gain some versatility along with some interesting new creatures. I remember digging how one would get certain materials by looking at the habits of non-aggressive creatures. Though to be fair, they could've done more of that. The new bosses were also interesting giving the impression that Capcom didn't lose their touch at creating new bosses after MHFU.

Not to mention, a late game boss for which not only was dangerous, but you needed to chase down when hurt lest he recovers by eating the other plant-eating beasts in the game. They definitely made the hunting of other beasts look great though, almost like watching some fictional nature show, even though it's not necessarily for your benefit.

.Rusty.
Feb 20, 2012, 01:27 PM
So EDGE is saying the Europe will get Tri G in the third-quarter of this year.

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/02/19/monster-hunter-tri-g-coming-to-united-states-and-europe/

darkante
Feb 20, 2012, 04:48 PM
Nice, canīt wait. ^^

Ark22
Feb 21, 2012, 12:56 AM
Yeah I was in my World Religions class and I yelled YES. Friend texted me the news.

.Rusty.
Feb 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
Well its not official it's just edge is more reliable than most magazines. Also means less chance of geting monster hunter 4 outside japan this year :l

Ce'Nedra
Feb 21, 2012, 08:02 AM
Hmm i thought and heard it was just MH Tri with 1 or 2 new monsters and the 3D effect and that be it. But if it includes so much more content i might have to consider getting a 3DS afterall...That is if i can spare time for other games when i get my hands on PSO2.

Ark22
Feb 21, 2012, 04:19 PM
Hey, it's MH, it's portable for my 3DS. Online will be in America says Capcom (Or they say). I can wait

Randomness
Feb 21, 2012, 04:53 PM
Hey, it's MH, it's portable for my 3DS. Online will be in America says Capcom (Or they say). I can wait

If the add online, will get in a heartbeat. If not, will completely ignore it.

Zarode
Feb 23, 2012, 12:48 AM
If the add online, will get in a heartbeat. If not, will completely ignore it.

This guy, all times, all days.

Akaimizu
Feb 23, 2012, 11:30 AM
Funny enough. I was so supportive for Capcom's Monster Hunter Tri actually coming to an online system I got it twice. :)

Ok. I bought only 1 copy. The other one I actually won in a contest for faithfully recreating a mostly acoustic, but fully loaded, version of the MHFU Town music song. Never opened the 2nd copy, but it has the signatures of both the Director and Producer of the game. (And a nice Capcom bag full of other goodies and collectibles)

SageAtlasEllimirri
Mar 5, 2012, 05:07 PM
finished monster hunter tri g on a japanese 3ds i still dont have all the armor parts but playin older games for a nostalgia hit is what i gotta do atm