PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Is it worth investing time and money into?

Proto07
Dec 13, 2011, 10:27 AM
I'm currently a level 77 on the JP PSU servers. I'm wondering if I should upgrade to premium. I'm worried most players will leave once PSO2 hits next year. But I can't take the grinding anymore. My armor, weapons, and units are poop. At least on the 360 servers I could buy and grind weapons for sub characters. Its no fun doing S runs with a Shigga Wadda.

RemiusTA
Dec 13, 2011, 11:17 AM
i doubt the PSU fanbase will leave their characters once PSO2 starts up. Not all of them at least.

TheAstarion
Dec 13, 2011, 12:14 PM
I see it as a case of, I don't play any other MMOs, and if I wasn't playing JP I'd still be playing Xbox.

JP premium is worth the subs more than Xbox, but the question is, is JP premium worth the subs more than JP Free? I'd like to think so.

That said, if I played more than just this one game I might be more inclined to go free again and only subscribe during events; it's a lot easier when you can sub and unsub through a webpage than having to call M$ every time you wanna stop paying for a while.

Selphea
Dec 13, 2011, 07:31 PM
Its no fun doing S runs with a Shigga Wadda.

You can solve this without going premium.

pikachief
Dec 13, 2011, 08:01 PM
your doing S runs but you haven't saved up enough money to get an 8* shotgun? D: kinda sad :P (lol just messing)

Personally I got lucky and someone invited me to their GC run when I joined and I got a steam burst. Ran an event that was going on till i hit a high enough lvl to use it and then during a grind boost got it to 10/10.

Now that's a lot of luck and help from some generous friends but you can also do what I do. I stay Free Course for majority of the time but every few months i pay for the premium then cancel to have 1 month of Premium to buy, trade, and collect stamps to tide me over for a few months till my next purchase of premium.

TheAstarion
Dec 13, 2011, 08:27 PM
your doing S runs but you haven't saved up enough money to get an 8* shotgun? D: kinda sad :P (lol just messing)

Personally I got lucky and someone invited me to their GC run when I joined and I got a steam burst. Ran an event that was going on till i hit a high enough lvl to use it and then during a grind boost got it to 10/10.

Now that's a lot of luck and help from some generous friends but you can also do what I do. I stay Free Course for majority of the time but every few months i pay for the premium then cancel to have 1 month of Premium to buy, trade, and collect stamps to tide me over for a few months till my next purchase of premium.

This is a good idea for those months you know you're gonna have a lot of time on your hands. Bonus points if there's an event on :P

Proto07
Dec 14, 2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I like your idea pikachief.

Do I really use Shigga Waddas??? Well my 8* shop ungrinded weps might as be C ranks.

Cyanide77
Dec 15, 2011, 03:34 AM
Go premium, make a few bil, revert to free course.

Mystic_Nessly
Dec 16, 2011, 07:57 PM
I really don't think people will abandon PSU once PSO2 comes out. After all, they are both completely different games. (PSO is not PSU is not PSO2)

I say premium is worth the cost, at least once. This will allow you to stock up on equipment purchased from player shops. You can get really good equipment dirt cheap from player shops. It will set you back ~50 USD (40 for 3 months premium and 10 for one-time game-key purchase) for your first 3 months of premium. If you do decide to do this, make sure to stock up on meseta beforehand.

Early on, buying from player shops helps tremendously even if there is an event going on which has boosted drop rates.

Positive
Dec 16, 2011, 09:08 PM
Go premium, make a few bil, revert to free course.

What would you use meseta on in free course?

It should be the opposite. Make a few bil first, then go premium. :-?

TheAstarion
Dec 19, 2011, 08:22 AM

Or have a few stacks worth of gear, go premium, sell it, spend it all on better stuff in player shops before going back to free.

When I was going back to free, I spent all my money on Acknowledges and Denials, to give me something to do with all the brand reactors in Ohtori. Of course there are better things to do than this, but it's just an example.

Proto07
Dec 19, 2011, 12:28 PM
I went premium folks.

That's what I did. I had 2 mil but it was enough to buy really good armor, all the units, a decent pallette. Way better economy.