PDA

View Full Version : α2 Entries (12/15 ~ 1/17) and Fan Site Kit

Mike
Dec 15, 2011, 01:35 AM
The official entry page and deadlines for entry in to the next alpha test is up:

http://pso2.jp/entry/

You can apply for the second alpha test at the above site. The procedures are the same as the first alpha test. They are looking for about 50,000 participants this time around so I think there's a good chance that some more PSOWs may get in (of course, there may be some small print somewhere about the alpha only be open to residents of Japan but I haven't gone looking for it. Technically, you are required to be a resident of Japan). Registration is open from today till the 17th of January. HOWEVER, if you signed up for the newsletter a few weeks ago, then you are already entered and need not sign up again.

In addition, anyone who manages to raise any class on their character to at least level 10 will earn a spot in the closed beta. If the exp rates were the same as the first alpha, then this shouldn't be a problem for most people.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24306

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24305

The main purpose of this test is to give the new changes from the first alpha a run and test the server. It looks like a few new features (not changes) that weren't in the first alpha will be making an appearance too. However, according to the message from Sakai at the bottom of the page, the second alpha test won't be too different from the first one aside from requests and suggestions by users and the room feature.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24304

In addition, a side-bar banner for blogs and a small set of banners and icons have been made available. You get them here: http://pso2.jp/special/fankit/01/

Malachite
Dec 15, 2011, 01:44 AM
I REALLY wish I could apply... but my browser doesn't support Japanese and blahblahblah.

On another note, can I ask where you got that right-side picture in your signature? I've never seen that whole 'lunch' seen before. Is there any info on it?

Mike
Dec 15, 2011, 01:47 AM
The right side of my sig? That's the Twitter fail-whale.

Tyreek
Dec 15, 2011, 01:48 AM
Are you using Firefox?

pikachief
Dec 15, 2011, 01:56 AM
I really wanted to see if i could get in and be able to play it sometimes before the end of January but the chances of that are looking more and more slim D:

EDIT: but yay for not having to sign up again since im on the newsletter :P

Malachite
Dec 15, 2011, 02:03 AM
The right side of my sig? That's the Twitter fail-whale.

...I apologize. Ignore what I said, I was looking at the picture in the actual post. I suppose I'm a bit braindead atm.

Mike
Dec 15, 2011, 02:06 AM
Then you're looking at a picture of the "My Room" aspect of PSO2. It was absent in the first alpha but it will be in the second alpha.

kyuuketsuki
Dec 15, 2011, 02:29 AM
Damn Mike, that was fast. I just got that e-mail not 5 minutes ago (either that or Hotmail is slow... which is probably the case).

As long as Sega doesn't look at the addresses (and notice mine is a post office in Tokyo), then they shouldn't realize I'm not a resident of Japan... *crosses fingers*

Mike
Dec 15, 2011, 02:33 AM
I just got that e-mail not 5 minutes ago (either that or Hotmail is slow... which is probably the case).
It was on the official Twitter account about an hour ago. But as long as someone catches it, it's all good.

Anyways, replaced the two small pics from the official site with larger ones from Dengeki Online (http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/438/438853/).

Rotek
Dec 15, 2011, 02:54 AM
I REALLY wish I could apply... but my browser doesn't support Japanese and blahblahblah.

On another note, can I ask where you got that right-side picture in your signature? I've never seen that whole 'lunch' seen before. Is there any info on it?

When I was signing up for the newsletter I signed up with 2 emails because I thought I was doing something wrong and if they decide to let both accounts in the alpha I am more than happy to give you the account info. That's if both get in the alpha ;)

Shadaki-Kun
Dec 15, 2011, 03:01 AM
So basically if you got the email..you're good:P

SELENNA
Dec 15, 2011, 03:07 AM
I'd really enjoy to be in the second alpha test. Let's say I ask someone to create a SEGA ID for me and register for the alpha test, will I be able to play or it will detect I'm from Canada and ban / suspend me?

Shadaki-Kun
Dec 15, 2011, 03:10 AM
Though I read under the requirements that you need a Japanese version of Windows 7/Vista/XP... Hmmm

SELENNA
Dec 15, 2011, 03:16 AM
Though I read under the requirements that you need a Japanese version of Windows 7/Vista/XP... Hmmm

Not worth the trouble

Angelo
Dec 15, 2011, 03:35 AM
I'll PayPal someone like 15 bucks to submit an alpha application for me.

...am I allowed to say that?

I just really want to fraps some in depth examples of what the customization can do, seems everyone in the alpha just made titty monsters and lolis... except for that one dude who made an incredibly effeminate (even by JP standards) FOmar with pink hair.

RemiusTA
Dec 15, 2011, 03:49 AM
Hello PhysiX on tablecloth

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/PSO2-Alpha-Test-2.jpg

From Bumped.org, i dont know if its just my browser but the first post seems to be missing this picture.

Crystal_Shard
Dec 15, 2011, 04:11 AM
I should probably watch my email during the period to see if I get lucky... but still the "technically Japan only" is a disappointment. Here's hoping they really don't look too closely at addresses. I miss being able to sign up for a JP Hunter's License on GC with nary a fuss.

I wonder how rare kotatsus are going to be again this time around. Sure hope it doesn't need 100 - 200 Photon Spheres this time...

Tyreek
Dec 15, 2011, 04:26 AM
Finally completed this registration. Hope I get some good results.

RemiusTA
Dec 15, 2011, 04:32 AM
I should probably watch my email during the period to see if I get lucky... but still the "technically Japan only" is a disappointment. Here's hoping they really don't look too closely at addresses. I miss being able to sign up for a JP Hunter's License on GC with nary a fuss.

I wonder how rare kotatsus are going to be again this time around. Sure hope it doesn't need 100 - 200 Photon Spheres this time...

50,000 accepted? Doubtful.

Although people like me who just copypasta'd the examples on the form...

Kinsei
Dec 15, 2011, 04:33 AM
So basically if you got the email..you're good:P

Seconding that this is what you mean by if we're already on the newsletter. I'm pretty sure I am, but I'm totally okay with following that link if I'm deluding myself.

I'm betting this can be worked around by having your system set to Japanese locale, like I do constantly, seeing as just about any Japanese program you try to run requires it.

I should probably watch my email during the period to see if I get lucky... but still the "technically Japan only" is a disappointment. Here's hoping they really don't look too closely at addresses.

Same here. Though I think it'd be great to get an e-mail saying, "I'm sorry, sir, but you do not live in Akihabara."

My hopes aren't very high for getting in, but one can always dream, right?

Crystal_Shard
Dec 15, 2011, 07:11 AM

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on my chances based on that "Japan resident" condition alone as well as the number of places. It'll be a nice to have after all. Just hope the 2nd Alpha isn't held during/around my exams again like the first round. orz

Mizunos
Dec 15, 2011, 08:10 AM
reskinned(?) Vol Dragon
http://i.imgur.com/XZYuK.jpg

my room balcony
http://i.imgur.com/Ci45E.jpg

new GUI
http://i.imgur.com/IVE6x.jpg

NoiseHERO
Dec 15, 2011, 08:19 AM
Hoping the My Room won't be reskin hell again... ;o;

Caerik
Dec 15, 2011, 09:05 AM

Yeah..I wonder how many people did that from this forum..

They could just think we're part of a cult that requires all having the same name?

Mike
Dec 15, 2011, 09:55 AM

All from the official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11107645751.html), btw.

And speaking of, the blog says that whlie rooms will be available in the second alpha, mags or new areas will not be.

Kazzi
Dec 15, 2011, 11:58 AM
I was in the first alpha test without any problems. Though they do have active GM's online, so don't speak English or any other language that isn't Japanese. You can always register for an account and put the address as a hotel, that's how a few of us got on in the first place XD if you're extra cautious, use a VPN.

lostinseganet
Dec 15, 2011, 07:47 PM
We need someone who can write in th native language >_>, and we need to start making a list of what changes need to happen. I for one hope they have double or triple decker room arrangements. A basement would be nice too.

ThePendragon
Dec 16, 2011, 03:27 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. A translator for us to submit feedback through would be ideal. We post, he translates, we submit. That way our voice can be heard. Assuming any of us get in.

AzureBlaze
Dec 17, 2011, 03:31 AM
Does anyone know what the actual numbers were for people on the first alpha?

I mean, they had a set # of invited people at first, then they did 'round 2' and let more people in. What was that final number of people who actually got on? It's always a little less than what they publish at first...I think...because not everyone who gets an invite bothers to go on. Maybe this was never published.

The way things are worded makes me think that they want to take that number (ex. 9k) and add another 50K people TO it, not "raise the number to 50K total". Which would be ideal/maximize chances of getting in. But it made me curious as to what the total number would look like.

Mike
Dec 17, 2011, 06:36 AM
I would say around 23,000 (maybe 24,000) users were admitted to the first test given the info from the first alpha. For the upcoming test, it's an additional 50,000 users. Lots of spots. Sakai has even said it will be pretty easy to get in to the next test.

RemiusTA
Dec 17, 2011, 12:38 PM
Im concerned for their servers, honestly. PSO2 seems to do both damage and states server-side, which wasn't so much an issue on PSU, but with juggling and crap it could prove somewhat odd on this game. The delay i see on alot of alpha vids was pretty amazing. I guess it was just an alpha test though.

It was a surprise i guess, since the first vid they showed was on LAN or something. Im sure it'll just be something to adjust to, like PSU's odd damage delays, but i wonder how bad it'll be.

Malachite
Dec 17, 2011, 01:35 PM
Actually in a couple of the alpha videos I saw, the lag and delay seemed to be very very minimal. Then in others, it seemed ridiculous.

So I'm gonna go ahead and hope that it all just depends on the players connection. Let's hope it's not a nightmare to actually get a good connection going like it is with a lot of games out there.

pikachief
Dec 17, 2011, 03:18 PM
Hello PhysiX on tablecloth

Or not. im pretty sure the table cloth in PSU had opennings on all 4 sides that someone could sit in front of to give the illusion that the table cloth went over their legs.

I can see the cast's leg going through it a bit :P The tablecloth might just have those sides lifted permanently.

Mitz
Dec 27, 2011, 04:52 AM
I doubt they'd be manually checking 50.000 people for eligibility. For people wanting to try, there's a guide on my blog(click the signature).

Personally, I can't wait to get some good information going.