PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Is it worth playing now?

Shade_Koopa
Dec 16, 2011, 02:20 AM
I still have the game and such but never actually played online. I just want to know is it worth it to play online? Is the online gaming community still active or dead?

Shade_Koopa
Dec 16, 2011, 11:41 PM
Bump

Please answer my question. I really did like PSU but haven't played since the PC/PS2 servers died. I just want to know fi the game is still active or not?

indescribably
Dec 16, 2011, 11:51 PM
It's still active, both xbox 360 and JP psu.

Shade_Koopa
Dec 17, 2011, 01:36 AM
Ah okay, thanks...JP PSU?

ashley50
Dec 17, 2011, 01:54 AM
PSU for PC on the Japanese Server.

Shade_Koopa
Dec 17, 2011, 04:31 PM
PSU for PC/PS2 is still active?

TheAstarion
Dec 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
Only PC, only in Japan.

The Japanese server is free to play on, and while there are restrictions on that, it's still a million times better than playing offline extra mode. You can also subscribe to lift the restrictions, but most people at least start on free course.

Search for "Joining the Japanese Server" as a topic here or on PSUpedia for more detailed info on how to join up.

TenebriS
Dec 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
only on teh japanese servers, which got like the tripple amount of content than EU/NA had o.o

Yamishi
Dec 17, 2011, 04:48 PM
PSU for PC/PS2 is still active?

Not PS2, no.

Japan has its own set of servers for the PC version that are leagues ahead of ours in terms of content. They dropped support for PS2 to provide more downloadable extras. You can't connect to the Japanese server without jumping through a bunch of hoops, either, and as far as I know, no English patches have been released for the JP PC version of the game.

So in other words, if you're willing to jump through the aforementioned hoops, and can read Japanese, then playing JP PC might be a viable option. Otherwise, the 360 servers are the only servers available for the rest of the world.

Edit: Beat to it. Twice. -_-