PDA

View Full Version : Gba Ambassador games

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 16, 2011, 07:21 AM
who here is a 3DS ambassador (meaning you bought it before august 21st and went onto the eShop before then), cuz if you are the game list of free GBA games has finally been revealed and it is amazing:

Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
Wario Land 4
WarioWare Mega Micro Games
Yoshi's Island
Metroid Fusion
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Kirby: The amazing mirror
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Rashiid
Dec 16, 2011, 08:04 AM
Only one I cared for was Metroid Fusion, but I don't have Ambassador. Some friends do. I was upset, but it's still not worth the +80 y'all spent to get it when it came out imo ._.

McLaughlin
Dec 16, 2011, 09:21 AM
Sacred Stones is pretty good too, but that and Fusion are the only two games on the list I care about, and they don't amount to the $80 price drop.

Outrider
Dec 16, 2011, 10:48 AM
That's a pretty awesome list, even though I've played about half of them. The nice thing is that the remaining games were all titles I was planning on picking up used one of these days anyway.

I haven't downloaded them yet, but I'll do that when I get home. Is it safe to assume that you still have to deal with the roundabout process of going into the "previously-downloaded titles" section of the 3DS store and then download each game one at a time?

.Rusty.
Dec 16, 2011, 10:51 AM
Hmm some of the games on that list have had a sequel or remake made for the 3ds so i hope that means there is a metroid and f zero on the way.

Weeaboolits
Dec 16, 2011, 02:10 PM
These GBA games make me feel better about buying it early, I still kinda wish I had held off for more colors though, they have the pink one now, and that's what I wanted.

Randomness
Dec 16, 2011, 02:26 PM
That's a fairly good lineup, imo. Of course, I already have Fusion, Sacred Stones, and Minish Cap at home...

Rashiid
Dec 16, 2011, 02:40 PM
These GBA games make me feel better about buying it early, I still kinda wish I had held off for more colors though, they have the pink one now, and that's what I wanted.

Huge kick in the nuts for Zelda fans too with the special black one. I wanted red anyway so I would've traded one of the first ones in anyway >_>

Sinue_v2
Dec 16, 2011, 08:16 PM
Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about Henry Kissinger in the Enchanted Kingdom and Madeline Albright's Diplomacy Mama.

CupOfCoffee
Dec 16, 2011, 11:03 PM
That list is pretty kick ass, gotta admit. I probably wouldn't drop the extra $80 today to pick them all up, but if I had done so in the first place I don't think I'd feel too ripped off anymore.

Edit: What's the deal with the ambassador games, anyway? Are they eventually going to hit the e-shop like normal, or are they going back into the Disney Vault for the rest of time? I can't believe they would port all these classic NES and GBA games to 3DS and then refuse to sell them, but it has an ominous ring of truth given some of Nintendo's other business decisions in recent years.

Ark22
Dec 16, 2011, 11:22 PM
I love the fact I got Magic mirror. Best handheld kirby IMO

Akaimizu
Dec 17, 2011, 08:25 AM
Minish Cap was probably my least favorite Zelda. But that still means it's pretty good. Overall, a pretty good list. I have a few of them, and it's nice to actually have them as a digital form where I can have these games on tap whenever and wherever I have my 3DS. I definitely look forward to the Kirby title, since I never had that one.

Rashiid
Dec 17, 2011, 10:02 AM
Magic Mirror was actually really good, especially with friends. Wonder if they incorporated Wireless with it, but I doubt it. Return to Dreamland has blown any previous Kirby out of the water though, if you haven't played that one yet for Wii.

Ark22
Dec 17, 2011, 03:43 PM
I played return to dreamland but it's waaayyy to easy. I mean I like pretending I am some crazy african with Waddle dee.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 17, 2011, 04:18 PM
I've been playing Yoshi's Island a ton (I never got to before) and it's amazing, and as to these games not being worth 80 bucks, honestly i couldn't care less, Nintendo didn't have to give us anything and yet because they are people are just angry they didn't get even more stuff that they didn't pay for.

Rashiid
Dec 17, 2011, 04:38 PM
I played return to dreamland but it's waaayyy to easy. I mean I like pretending I am some crazy african with Waddle dee.

I've yet to encounter a difficult Kirby ._.;

Yoshi's Island is the shit though. DS one is even better.

Ark22
Dec 17, 2011, 05:03 PM
Kirby 64 was pretty hard when I was like 8 xD

Rashiid
Dec 17, 2011, 05:43 PM
Well of course xD the concept of getting all stars in Mario 64 was unheard of back in the day. Now we can do that in like two days.

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 17, 2011, 07:17 PM
does anyone know if they'll be adding multiplayer to any of these games somewhere down the line?

Outrider
Dec 18, 2011, 02:24 PM
does anyone know if they'll be adding multiplayer to any of these games somewhere down the line?

I'm going to assume that they won't, but I haven't actually tried doing local wireless. I guess this means that local wireless doesn't work?

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 18, 2011, 03:40 PM
well, I'm pretty sure it doesn't (though i haven't done any real testing), going on the fact that for all but maybe one of them if you click on the multiplayer button it just makes the "you can't click this" sound and doesn't let you go into the multimenu

kazuuya
Dec 18, 2011, 04:35 PM
I was pretty happy about the Games, since I only played 3 of that whole list. I'm especially happy about Fire Emblem though. XD I'm a big fan of the series and Sacred Stones is one of the games I never managed to finish because I don't owned the game.

Dr. Montague
Dec 18, 2011, 09:54 PM
Having never played the original WarioWare game, I'm probably enjoying that the most right now >__>

Aside from that, I enjoy a lot of these, even if I've played/beaten most of them before. I've never had much of an interest in getting into Fire Emblem, so I might be able to do that (b'-')b

I personally don't care much for FZero in the long run though.