PDA

View Full Version : When it comes down to weapons...

Ce'Nedra
Dec 18, 2011, 01:18 PM
Would you like to see they recycle weapons and such from PSO and PSU like they are doing now or a complete new and original set of weapons to use?

Personnaly I'd like to see majority of the weapons to be fresh and original and not just some lazy copy paste from older games. After using weapons like Zanba and Guld Milla etc in PSO, PSU and PSP2 i'm pretty much done with them...

Norco
Dec 18, 2011, 01:40 PM
I would love to see completely new weapons, however I am so hypnotized by the look of Double Cannon that I hope it returns yet again xD

RemiusTA
Dec 18, 2011, 01:53 PM
I want to see original weapons, but not in the sense of completely off the wall stupid shit.

I like Gunslash. The ability to switch between Melee/Ranged is a great idea, a great substitute for PSU's crappy off-hand system, which was terribly implemented. I'd love to see some Rare weapons for Gunslash. Maybe even creativity, with some weapons that can't switch at all, and use the switch button for something neat. Lavis Cannon, anybody? But i don't like how it's Multi-target, and how it can launch. I think launch attacks should be exclusive to more heavy melee weapons, like swords, or explosive shells. Definitely not guns or one-handed swords though....

Wired Lance is cool, With the Grabbing function of the wired lance. I hope they keep the melee damage low though -- i can easily see it becoming the OP weapon of choice if it's both fast, wide ranged, and has a high-damage 1v1 attack (grab.)

Swords are neat. They're like the Wide-range + Power choice, with every PA move either blowing away or launching into the air. PA charging was also awesome, although i dont know if the other ones could do it too.

I don't know what i think of Rods. I dislike how they're able to hit more than one target, and they don't look nearly as awesome because the animations aren't unique between the Forces anymore. (same casting/melee for everyone.) They still feel kind of stiff, whereas in PSO they made you feel really fluid and powerful when you used them.

Im excited for Partisian, i want to see how they're going to implement it, seeing as Sword is already Wide + Power and Wired Lance is already Wide + Speed + full range. Also, every weapon shown so far has had a "second function" (gunslash switch, grab, swords can charge moves, rods can charge Techniques.) Maybe Partisans will be able to pierce rows of enemies? That's something PSU failed at. And they can't really be like PSO's partisans, because Accuracy doesn't exist on this game apparently.

Rifles are awesome but COMPLETELY OP, i don't even really know what else to say about them. They have perfect range, apparently can burn/poison/freeze, never miss, can launch/knockdown with grenades, and allow you to move while firing to stay out of danger. Not to mention, you can change to special ammo every now and then...

I think they need to basically raise the amount of delay after firing (similar to PSO), GREATLY lower strafe speed while firing, and remove the ability to element your bullets without using the special cartage where you change ammo for like a few seconds (which was very neat.) Otherwise rangers are already the Gods of this game, and the Rifle is the only freaking ranged weapon they've shown so far...

Malachite
Dec 18, 2011, 02:48 PM
There will be originals and there will be new ones lol. That's how it is for pretty much every PS game, and it's basically already been confirmed seeing as we've seen new weapon types, as well as what seems to be Zanba.

maxx69
Dec 18, 2011, 02:52 PM
I've played a Hunter in every PSO thus far, so the hack and slash has gotten boring for me. Glad to see that they are making new weapons.

Although it doesn't matter to me because I'll be playing a Ranger. Using the mouse to aim will make any weapon feel new. If they design the guns correctly, it could be like playing Quake!

terrell707
Dec 18, 2011, 03:51 PM
Rifles are awesome but COMPLETELY OP, i don't even really know what else to say about them. They have perfect range, apparently can burn/poison/freeze, never miss, can launch/knockdown with grenades, and allow you to move while firing to stay out of danger. Not to mention, you can change to special ammo every now and then...

I think they need to basically raise the amount of delay after firing (similar to PSO), GREATLY lower strafe speed while firing, and remove the ability to element your bullets without using the special cartage where you change ammo for like a few seconds (which was very neat.) Otherwise rangers are already the Gods of this game, and the Rifle is the only freaking ranged weapon they've shown so far...

Aren't Alphas usually really easy compared to the main game anyway? So that they can show off everything. Hopefully they do nerf the rifles though, especially because its considered a starter weapon.
I hope they bring Talis back from PSO. Wasn't too much of a fan of the Cards from PSU. Having a ranged weapon that only forces can use would be great. I don't know what ability they could give it to make it somewhat different than a gun though, other than the power being and requirements needed to use it being based off your Tech.

Kent
Dec 18, 2011, 03:58 PM
Some new, some old, is the way to go I think.

Considering that for all we know, not many PSO weapon types are returning or are likely being replaced with something functionally-superior (like rifles and/or mechguns, as far as we know, are being replaced with assault rifles), I think the returning weapon types like Swords and Rods have some room for some of the more iconic or outstanding weapons of their types.

Though I think it would be hilarious if the lowest-level rare Gunslash were called "DB's Varista." :wacko:

Im excited for Partisian, i want to see how they're going to implement it, seeing as Sword is already Wide + Power and Wired Lance is already Wide + Speed + full range. Also, every weapon shown so far has had a "second function" (gunslash switch, grab, swords can charge moves, rods can charge Techniques.) Maybe Partisans will be able to pierce rows of enemies? That's something PSU failed at. And they can't really be like PSO's partisans, because Accuracy doesn't exist on this game apparently.
Back in PSO, Partisans were basically the superior melee weapon, due to your defensive advantage when using them over any other weapon type. The high accuracy made it easier to land heavy attacks, which push enemies back, and with normal attack speed, the delay after the final attack in the standard normal->heavy->heavy combo gave you the precise timing for a standard Booma clone to start his attack and for you to step back, turn around, and start a new combo (the two-inch-dodge technique). They may not deal as much damage, but they also had much faster attacks and a slightly wider and longer attack range than Swords.

All things considered, they were a weapon type with more in the way of defensive advantages than Swords, whose slow, unwieldy attacks could easily leave you open in combat. I would like to see Partisans implemented in PSO2 in a similar way - where they give you a better defensive advantage over Swords due to their faster speed. I'm not sure what to think about Wired Lances though, unless the weapons get some rebalancing in order to make them into more niche weapon types (which, really, every weapon should have some sort of different functional purpose from every other weapon - it was a big part of what made PSO's weapons interesting - if one weapon type is superior to all others in all situations, then weapon types are no longer a choice).

Of course, moreso than anything else, I'm interested in if they'll be implementing Slicers at all, and if so, how. They may not have been the most useful things in PSO in most cases (save for giving a well-made Rainbow Baton to a FOmar), but they were still an interesting weapon type that was fun to use, despite suffering statistically. Maybe they'll reappear as a Force-oriented weapon, with ranged and technique power stats (kind of like how Gunslash is both melee and ranged, and Rods are both melee and technique, though I would imagine they may instead implement a different weapon type to be a better hybrid of melee and technique power).

kyuuketsuki
Dec 18, 2011, 04:18 PM
I want to see old favorites as well as new ones.

pikachief
Dec 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
Many many new types and designs please!

BUT: I would really like them to bring back popular weapons! Psycho Wand is a must. It's been a part of Phantasy Star since the originals. I really hope they make it really awesome and crazy and rare and unique and all like it used to be though.

Other stuff like Spread Needle, Zamba, Guld and Milla, and such should also make an appearance because its cool to see popular weapons make a comeback like that but they shouldnt go crazy and start bringing everything back like sweet deaths and blackbulls haha

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2011, 10:27 PM
I was found the new original stuff to be more interesting.

ESPECIALLY the stuff made from fan contests. Not sure if that counts though...

SolRiver
Dec 18, 2011, 10:37 PM
I would laugh so hard if one day when I am like 80 years old, I can tell my grand children...

...30 PSOs later...
"here child, this DB's saber was my first ever treasure I have ever found; it had gone through many revisions but its spirit is still pure to the core... I hope it will aid you in your adventure...!"

<insert unappreciative children response>

NoiseHERO
Dec 18, 2011, 10:47 PM
I would laugh so hard if one day when I am like 80 years old, I can tell my grand children...

...30 PSOs later...
"here child, this DB's saber was my first ever treasure I have ever found; it had gone through many revisions but its spirit is still pure to the core... I hope it will aid you in your adventure...!"

80 years?

It'll happen.

When we can play hologram PSO12

Kazzi
Dec 18, 2011, 11:30 PM
I'm cool with the new weapons, I think they look pretty awesome!

But I wouldn't mind seeing some of the joke weapons from PSO make a comeback! Crazy Tune, Samba Maracas, Wok of Akiko's shop, Madams Parasol, etc. etc.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 19, 2011, 06:51 AM

...30 PSOs later...

I can so see this happen.

I also saw in one of the PSO2 vids with the lobby and shops that the weapon shop has 2 Zanba's in the back against a wall on display. So i assume there will be recycled weapons. I would like to see they recycle some of the less populair weapons myself though. More talking about weapons like uh...Partisan of Lighting would be cool or H&S25 Justice for example.

But moslty i'm intrested to see what new weapons they can come up with. Specially when it comes to gunblades, wonder if we get something similar to FF8's Lionheart, would fit kinda as that one is made of laser as well.

Norco
Dec 19, 2011, 07:29 AM
Speaking of Gunblades, wonder if they will take any Gunblades from PSZ? In PSZ the Gunblades are very popular among rangers.

RemiusTA
Dec 19, 2011, 12:55 PM
I just want Katana's to be their OWN fucking weapon class, Twin Swords to actually feel awesome again like on the original PSO...

But really more than anything, some god damn unique animations, cant stress that enough, im tired of playing in a room full of clones and im tired having a character select screen full of them too. It sucks.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 19, 2011, 01:34 PM
Katana's had their own class in PSO i think, at least their animation was. Twin Swords i liked more in PSU, in PSO you run so retarted with them, specially as a male...That and the PA System made me like them as one of my main weapons.

One of the things i would want to see still though is Twin Claws, and with a better animation kinda.

Never played PSZ so dunno about the Gunblades in it, but i hope it will turn out in something neat. I also wonder if PSO2 will get Photon Blasts back since we have mag's again or if we keep race unique attacks like the SUV's and Mirage Blasts.

Kent
Dec 19, 2011, 01:55 PM
Katana were their own class of weapons as of Episodes I & II. In V1/V2, they were just sabers.

Funnily enough, the most easily-obtainable katana-type weapon in PSO was Akiko's Wok (which could actually be a pretty useful weapon... For a low-level FOmar or FOmarl).

Fox2Tails
Dec 20, 2011, 07:45 PM
I'd gladly hunt down another Milla/Guld&Milla and Sange&Yasha

Dragwind
Dec 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
I'd say both. I think it would be great to keep the feel of time's long past "weapons of lore/legend" from the earlier games, while bringing in new, fresh equipment to fit the times.

RemiusTA
Dec 20, 2011, 09:32 PM
Katana were their own class of weapons as of Episodes I & II. In V1/V2, they were just sabers.

Funnily enough, the most easily-obtainable katana-type weapon in PSO was Akiko's Wok (which could actually be a pretty useful weapon... For a low-level FOmar or FOmarl).

The switch from saber to unique weapon class just kind of showcases the level Sonic Team used to be on in terms of this game series. lets hope PSO2 finally picks that back up....

NoiseHERO
Dec 21, 2011, 07:42 AM
Even if the gunslash is too obvious that it's just a saber and handgun uncomfortably mashed together possibly killing said mascot weapon, the saber.

I hope they bring back those weapons and others separate anyway. Maybe even enhanced for NOT being a gunslash (because lol dual weilding handgun and saber still looks ugly)

RemiusTA
Dec 21, 2011, 02:25 PM
I would love to see a proper saber return, simply because the Saber was always a 2-handed, single-target weapon. I used multi-hitting weapons for the groups, and my trusty saber class for the singles.

I like the Gunslash because i love the Switch ability, it just feels cool. I'd be interested in Lavis Cannon, Kladblog, or something. Maybe they can just take the gunslash class and make weapons where switch became something else.

But no, i don't want every weapon to shoot at my enemy. Im glad they found a good way to fix the shitty handgun/saber problem from PSU though.

If slicers return, i really hope they're back to PSO-styled awesomness. PSU's slicers were such fail.

NoiseHERO
Dec 21, 2011, 02:29 PM
I just want my damn laser handguns.

Because I watch too much tokusatsu in my teen years.

Soul Guardian
Dec 21, 2011, 02:44 PM
If slicers return, i really hope they're back to PSO-styled awesomness. PSU's slicers were such fail.

Sure, as long as they actually make them useful in battle outside of a few specific situations and set ups.

Personally I'd like to see claws again...Rika's Claw specifically.
Just as long as the PAs aren't totally ridiculous.

CAMPSO
Dec 21, 2011, 03:51 PM
I would love to see some old weapons as well as new weapons. Also some new weapons types would be cool. Scythes might be interesting to see

RemiusTA
Dec 21, 2011, 05:03 PM
PSO's slicers sucked ass on Hunters, but they were so amazing on rangers.

slicer + good ability + ranger accuracy = godlike

Ce'Nedra
Dec 22, 2011, 05:05 PM
I'd like to see Daggers again in PSO style, they were on in PSU but didn't feel as nice as in PSO though sadly.

Also they should put in Whips like in PSU, these were fun to mess arround with.

Oh and 1 handed weps so you can equip a shield+wep or gun+wep and let you decide what in which hand.

RemiusTA
Dec 22, 2011, 05:37 PM
I think it's because multi-hit weapons were a bit more of a luxury in PSO.

In PSU pretty much everything had like a 6 hit combo, when you factor in Photon Arts, which is the most important part.

I mean seriously, Rising Strike has 2 hits for the first, and then, what, 3 hits for the second part, both multi-target as well?

kyuuketsuki
Dec 23, 2011, 05:11 AM
Oh and 1 handed weps so you can equip a shield+wep or gun+wep and let you decide what in which hand.
No. No more of that dual-wielding crap (except for dual-sabers and the like how they were in PSO).

Jonth
Dec 23, 2011, 02:13 PM
Also they should put in Whips like in PSU, these were fun to mess arround with.

And I wouldn't count on seeing whips anymore. Seems like they implemented wired lances to take their place imo. Similar functionality and then some.

RemiusTA
Dec 23, 2011, 04:22 PM
Wired Lance is far cooler than those crappy whips, i hated them so much.

Ghost Inside
Dec 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
I wish there would be some nice cannons and shotguns. That's all I ask for!
At least the shotguns...! They don't even have to work the same way, just something like it!

Though I'd be happy to see more new weapon classes overall, I think.

RemiusTA
Dec 23, 2011, 08:27 PM
Shotguns will be boss

Im waiting for the return of Dual Mechguns, oh im waiting

Zorafim
Dec 24, 2011, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't mind some iconic weapons to make a comeback, just as long as it's with a new style. Problem is, I can't really think of any iconic PSU weapons. I do know that PSO's Zanba is supposed to be back, only it's been changed so much that it's not recognizable. And that's kinda what I wanna see.

Of course, people who know me will know that I want to see iconic classic PS weapons come back, not that there are many. I was in glee when I found out that the Elsydeon was one of the highest ranking saber in PSP2. I'd love to see some silver tusk action, or some genocide claws, or laconium weapons.

Cayenne
Dec 24, 2011, 06:24 PM
If these new weapons alone make the game fun then I wouldn't care if there weren't any classics returned.

Fayorei
Dec 24, 2011, 07:10 PM
Shotguns will be boss

Im waiting for the return of Dual Mechguns, oh im waiting

Dual Mechguns are the best guns. At least they were for me in PSO.:D

Alex Longstride
Dec 24, 2011, 11:59 PM
Dual Mechguns are the best guns. At least they were for me in PSO.:D

I want any Dual Guns to have dual-targeting capabilities. Possibly as an auxiliary function, which when active gives you two reticules, movable with their respective analog sticks. It'd be a bitch to pull off on a keyboard, though, since your main hand would be using the mouse and your off-hand would require WASD. Or, if these are mech guns, some sort of "trigger happy" photon art with a wider line of sight. And if they really want to make me happy... Ragnarok Online's "Desperado"* skill :3
*Short-range bullets in all directions*

Ce'Nedra
Dec 26, 2011, 01:38 PM
If they bring mechguns back at all they should put them back like in PSO instead of PSU. Though I did love Twin Handguns in PSU even more then PSO mechs. Machinegun in PSU is just lame if you ask me.

I just hope they won't bring back Charge in any form at all in PSO2. Charge mechs are way to cheap, though that was because PSO didn't need Meseta at all aside for the Tekker and the few healing items you bought at the Item Shop.

Would you guys also like to see rares drop as "? Special Weapon" like on PSO or drop with names like PSU?

Blueblur
Dec 26, 2011, 02:15 PM
I'd say both. I think it would be great to keep the feel of time's long past "weapons of lore/legend" from the earlier games, while bringing in new, fresh equipment to fit the times.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

If they bring mechguns back at all they should put them back like in PSO instead of PSU. Though I did love Twin Handguns in PSU even more then PSO mechs. Machinegun in PSU is just lame if you ask me.

I just hope they won't bring back Charge in any form at all in PSO2. Charge mechs are way to cheap, though that was because PSO didn't need Meseta at all aside for the Tekker and the few healing items you bought at the Item Shop.

Would you guys also like to see rares drop as "? Special Weapon" like on PSO or drop with names like PSU?
I've wrestled with this a little bit. While tekking weapons was cool and unique in PSO, it really was just a pointless hurdle. Then again getting an extra 10% boost on an attribute was pretty frickin' sweet.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 26, 2011, 05:47 PM
^Exactly what is was thinking. I liked the idea of something dropping and not knowing what it was. Well ofcourse after playing for years you know most drops out of your head and you can just equip said wepon if you are able to but the idea was really cool.

I remember my very first ? Special Weapon drop, in Very Hard (Never got any in Hard somehow) and i was tottaly clueless, when i tekked it it came out as a Brionac (ofcourse i mistekked it), and i remember i went grinding the heck out of my HUnewearl just to be able to equip it. The feeling of finding it and holding it for the first time was special.

Never got that feeling when finding rare weapons in PSU somehow, not even when finding my very first Chain Sawd in Hill of Spores offline. Somehow i missed the tekking of items.

I still don't know what i want to see personnaly, but i think i'll be happy with either.

Omega-z
Dec 29, 2011, 12:33 PM
Hmm, I don't know but I get the feeling there's not going to be that many weapon types in PSO2 but having a lot of weapons that can fall into the few type's we do have. They've been combining to many weapon type's to say it's not going to happen. I can tell everyone that they have all the type's covered except a close quarter's slug/slash Combat and spread/penetration/SE shot system. even then it can be added to the current system very easily.

That was one of the downsides in PSU way to many types. PSO had less but still was a pain switching so many weapons. Especially, since you can only have one weapon out at a time in PSO2, so far I've only seen a possible of 7 type's in PSO2 a far cry form 28 we had in PSU/PSP series.

r00tabaga
Dec 29, 2011, 12:46 PM
^Exactly what is was thinking. I liked the idea of something dropping and not knowing what it was. Well ofcourse after playing for years you know most drops out of your head and you can just equip said wepon if you are able to but the idea was really cool.

I remember my very first ? Special Weapon drop, in Very Hard (Never got any in Hard somehow) and i was tottaly clueless, when i tekked it it came out as a Brionac (ofcourse i mistekked it), and i remember i went grinding the heck out of my HUnewearl just to be able to equip it. The feeling of finding it and holding it for the first time was special.

Never got that feeling when finding rare weapons in PSU somehow, not even when finding my very first Chain Sawd in Hill of Spores offline. Somehow i missed the tekking of items.

I still don't know what i want to see personnaly, but i think i'll be happy with either.

They really do need to bring back the techer just for fanservice! And that noise! LOL-

RemiusTA
Dec 29, 2011, 01:37 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I've wrestled with this a little bit. While tekking weapons was cool and unique in PSO, it really was just a pointless hurdle.

It had a purpose. And obviously it worked very well too, if people remember it in a good way, even with it being as you put it, a "pointless hurdle". It was just another very small way to diversify gameplay while still being simple i'd say.

That was one of the downsides in PSU way to many types. PSO had less but still was a pain switching so many weapons. Especially, since you can only have one weapon out at a time in PSO2, so far I've only seen a possible of 7 type's in PSO2 a far cry form 28 we had in PSU/PSP series.

PSU only had like 4 or so weapon types that wern't present in PSO, but most were pointless. Bow, Crossbow, R-Mag, Madoog, Axe, and maybe a few others. PSO had weapon types that PSU didn't have, or were just different. But like i said, so many of them were useless. Handguns, Cards, Bows, Crossbows, Dagger, R-Mag, Whip (to an extent), most of these weapons were just plain useless. I felt like the only reason I was using them is because i had them, not because i needed them or because they were particularly unique or anything. It was probably just the highest/newest weapon i had at the time.

Finding a rare weapon in PSU was far less of a success than in PSO. In PSU you can find a weapon, but get a crappy ele%. Or you can find a board, but still need like 8 other ingredients. Or, find everything, but fail the weapon itself.

The big issue here is that none of the weapons in PSU had their own identity to them. They were more models than weapons, and the Photon Art damage was the only real useful aspect about them.

And then, the Rank of weapons on the game also kind of ruined it for me as well. Like i said, it just made finding weapons less fun. This is mostly because rares on the game didn't do anything other than increase damage.

maxx69
Dec 30, 2011, 02:23 AM
Oh my god, tekking was awesome. They NEED to bring it back. I don't think it was a useless hurdle because it added mystery and fun to the game. It made the rares feel a lot more epic, and that imo is worth it.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 30, 2011, 03:10 AM
I also hope they bring back "? special weapon" and tekking back. That aspect of PSO was great. It actually made it a challenge to re-tekk to get that extra %10 on whatever elements your unknown weapon had. So that super rare "?Special weapon" is Lavis Cannon and is 15% native 5%, altered beast untekked hm? Re-tekk that into a 35% Nat. 15% alt beast. hel yah!

It would be cool to have that back in PSO2. Not a "must have" feature but would be nice.

Mitz
Dec 30, 2011, 10:50 AM
Tekking feels pretty iconic to the original games, I'd love to see it being brought back. It gives rares a more special feel. It's not just in your inventory. You have to have experts look at it and identify it. It would be even cooler if certain drops had the potential of an even rarer drop (without being able to redo the tekking of course). For example a Rappy rare drop could tek into a Al Rappy rare drop.

Also, in response to the OP. I really do hope they bring some of the more 'iconic' rares back in some form or another. The more rares the merrier. I also hope they have little nudges towards the older fans. Like new Agito models or Berill parts, with some nice flavor text.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2011, 02:16 PM
Finding a rare weapon in PSU was far less of a success than in PSO. In PSU you can find a weapon, but get a crappy ele%. Or you can find a board, but still need like 8 other ingredients. Or, find everything, but fail the weapon itself.

Well in PSO you have the same issue with %'s but to me it seems that rares drop much easier and more often in PSU then in PSO. I never was fond of crafting my weapons, not to mention it can easly break when you try to upgrade. I never ever upgraded any of my weapons at all, i just bought them online in player shops if i needed something stronger.

Player shops were nice for that, but i prefer the good old hunting like in PSO. Take these "ubers" like Milla or SJS, they can take you a year or more to find, where in PSU you can simply buy a weapon or play quests/events with drop rate boost.

Heck i used to run a shop on PSOGC on a private server where i would hunt down rares for people in exhange for photon drops. Depending on how the rare drops on PSO2 go i might set that shop up here. Gave me something to do while i was leveling and such, and i got huge stacks of PD's quite fast :)

RemiusTA
Dec 30, 2011, 02:18 PM
The difference in %'s on PSO is that if you got the wrong one, you never had to suffer for it.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2011, 06:17 PM
You suffer just as much as in PSU lol. They work the same kinda as elemental %. Then again I only cared for hit % anyway in PSO.

RemiusTA
Dec 31, 2011, 01:46 AM
No....you dont. Attributes only increased damage in PSO.

For the longest in PSO, i never even really realized they existed. It wasn't until i got older that i realized they did more damage against the correct enemies.

However in PSU, elements will make or break your weapon choice completely.

Ce'Nedra
Dec 31, 2011, 07:37 AM
I never bothered with elements at all in PSU and i never had issues. All my weapons were fire and ground element (fire because of set %, ground because orange fit my newman).

Then again i'm a casual player so i never went as far as buying whole new pallete of weapons if a new event came out so i can run a quest 5 mins faster or something.

Cayenne
Dec 31, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well after playing PSP2i for a few days now, I'm sick of everything. I actually went back to playing PSO, the weapons are just so damn cool to use!

Man I haven't played this game in YEARS!!!

Ce'Nedra
Jan 4, 2012, 09:18 AM
I like alot of PSO's weapons as well, specially fan of Double Sabers, I remember I spend a month or more to hunt a Double Saber from Hard mode Barba Ray (1/22 drop). Good old times.

As long they put these back in and daggers like in PSO no complains from me =D

Norco
Jan 4, 2012, 01:28 PM
@Ce'Nedra: I <3 you for supporting the Double Sabers ^_^

Ce'Nedra
Jan 4, 2012, 02:15 PM
Hehe yeah i always loved them, ever since playing Final Fantasy 9 kinda (I see the weapons Zidane can use as Double Sabers among his Daggers).

Wonder what cool one's they will come up with in PSO2 and what kind of PA we get for them. I kinda hope Partisan of Lightning will make a comeback =3

NoiseHERO
Jan 4, 2012, 02:43 PM
Hehe yeah i always loved them, ever since playing Final Fantasy 9 kinda (I see the weapons Zidane can use as Double Sabers among his Daggers).

Wonder what cool one's they will come up with in PSO2 and what kind of PA we get for them. I kinda hope Partisan of Lightning will make a comeback =3

Yeah FF9 made double sabers cool for me...

But PSU made me hate double sabers... more than just being overrated and tornado dance spam being annoying, I just hated using them in PSU...

Ce'Nedra
Jan 7, 2012, 06:58 PM
Yeah FF9 made double sabers cool for me...

But PSU made me hate double sabers... more than just being overrated and tornado dance spam being annoying, I just hated using them in PSU...

Yeah, FF9 was awesome for that, specially loving Exploda and Angel Bless.

Hmm I didn't see to many TD spammage myself, only played Aoti about a year online myself but it wasn't that bad for me. Personnaly I always switched between Spiral Dance and Gravity Dance, Absolute took way to long to level. I still love double sabers more then any other weapon. I always try to get 1 on my characters always on PSU and on PSO as well.

Noblewine
Jan 7, 2012, 10:59 PM
I like to see duel wielding weapons and axes in pso2.

Cayenne
Jan 8, 2012, 11:38 AM
I would just like to see weapons that have their own advantages like in PSO, other than that I could care less WHAT weapons are in.

But if I had to pick one, Frying Pan!!! Man that was the coolest thing I found back in PSO V.1, I join rooms to help people level and I pop that pan out and start whaling on baddies, funniest thing ever and it never got old. I think it was funny because I found it with my RAcaseal and she had that black maid-ish outfit and it looked right hahahaha.

Neith
Jan 8, 2012, 03:37 PM
Keep in the 'mainstay' legendary weapons. Psycho Wand for example should be in somewhere, as well as maybe Neis/Rika's Claw. I'd love to see Sange & Yasha come back again and a few other weapons from PSO, but I also want to see a load of new weapons. Things get boring if you're still hunting the same stuff you were 2-3 games ago :wacko:

It certainly doesn't need to be like PSP2 Infinity which has seemingly almost everything from PSO, regardless of how terrible it was :disapprove:

Macman
Jan 8, 2012, 04:22 PM
I just hope there's a bit more variety in weapons than just "this has x attack, this has y accuracy, this has z element"
I miss the special attacks from PSO.

•Col•
Jan 8, 2012, 04:37 PM
I just hope there's a bit more variety in weapons than just "this has x attack, this has y accuracy, this has z element"
I miss the special attacks from PSO.

From what I posted in the stickied thread...

Item lab:
-Customize your items by grinding, increasing attributes, and adding special abilities
-With grinders you can strengthen the power and defense of your items. When you strengthen your weapon you get a +1 grind value by the item’s name. You can increase this value to +10, however, if you fail a grind, the grind’s value goes down. Fortunately your item will not be destroyed.
-You can increase attribute values like (20% Fire) by composing the same weapons. The amount you can increase is influenced by the other weapon’s attribute and attribute values. You will need an item called “Synthesizer” to perform this action.
-When you acquire a weapon or unit, it will sometimes have an ability attached. You can transfer this ability to other weapons and units with the “Add a Special Ability” feature. But be careful, rare special abilities have lower chances of transferring over.

:)

Alnet
Jan 9, 2012, 08:21 AM
Keep in the 'mainstay' legendary weapons. Psycho Wand for example should be in somewhere, as well as maybe Neis/Rika's Claw.

Since I've been playing the original Phantasy Star series on my PSP lately, I've been wondering why we haven't seen more signature stuff from those games. It is cool that PSO and PSU have some of the iconic plot-relevant weapons like Psycho Wand and Elysdeon (albeit with complete design and ability overhauls), but I wonder now why all the weapons have to be all neon glowing photons. I get that there's even less fantasy and more technology in the newer games, but I wonder when and why we just phased out solid state weaponry. I'm sure there's some place for them - I mean, some of the strongest equipment in PSO/U are solid weapons like Sange and Yasha and Excalibur. I'd like to see what a Laconia Sword or Ceramic Knives looks like when redesigned by the current team... with a little innovation, they could even give them different attack animations or animation speeds, so there would be a reason to use solid weapons over photon weapons.