PDA

View Full Version : Can't be in Tokyo on Christmas Eve for the "Fan Briefing?"

Mike
Dec 22, 2011, 02:22 AM
Perhaps because you have other things to do or family to be with? Have no fear, the PSO2 stage programs at the Akihabara PC Game Festival will be streamed on USTREAM so you won't have to miss any new information! There are two different presentations: one starting at 2 pm and the other at 4 pm. The contents of each presentation are different so make sure to catch them both. But for a lot of people, these presentations are probably going to be in the middle of the night.

The USTREAM channel is: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sega-pso2

Angelo
Dec 22, 2011, 02:34 AM
Putting the character creator in the hands of Akihabara slugs. Looks like we won't see any male customization.

RemiusTA
Dec 22, 2011, 03:14 AM
Pfft, Sakai was the only guy who actually showed off the male customization.

If we DO get the game and share with the japanese, I'll be more than ecstatic to be one of the only like, seventy male characters of the ----ing population.

The game doesn't even have anywhere close to a release date and im actually getting sick and tired of looking at female characters. Regardless of the character creator they all end up looking the same anyway, and nobody seems to use anything but that ridiculous Hunewearl outfit regardless of their class.

maxx69
Dec 22, 2011, 03:35 AM

If we DO get the game and share with the japanese, I'll be more than ecstatic to be one of the only like, seventy male characters of the ----ing population.

The game doesn't even have anywhere close to a release date and im actually getting sick and tired of looking at female characters. Regardless of the character creator they all end up looking the same anyway, and nobody seems to use anything but that ridiculous Hunewearl outfit regardless of their class.

Speak for yourself. I look forward to more slutty elves and breast augmentation.

Angelo
Dec 22, 2011, 05:55 AM
It's all about the FOmarl dress <3

But yeah... I'm hoping someone will show off some of the new male CAST flesh faces.

Aumi
Dec 22, 2011, 10:32 AM
At least I hope that someone will make a RAcaseal. I think I still haven't seen any Caseal character creation... :(

BIG OLAF
Dec 22, 2011, 11:18 AM
Well, balls. My new computer won't be here until January 3rd, so I won't be able to watch it in a productive matter (as I still have to hold a lamp up to my laptop screen to see anything as it stands right now).

Alena Zouryx
Dec 22, 2011, 12:00 PM

Quoted for truth!! FOmarls forever! :love:

Ark22
Dec 22, 2011, 12:55 PM
For a minute I thought Remius said that. I was about to...."question" him. But yeahhhhNo, it's all about the rangers gals ;D.

RemiusTA
Dec 22, 2011, 02:14 PM
For a second >I< thought I said that.

Jonth
Dec 22, 2011, 02:26 PM
Ha! Avatar confusion. Funny.

Don't know that I'll be watching these live, since 12:00 am and 2:00 am are a little late for me. Still, since my family is weird and opens most of our gifts before Christmas day, I might have new toys that will keep me up late.

lostinseganet
Dec 22, 2011, 04:09 PM
Speak for yourself. I look forward to more slutty elves and breast augmentation.
I'm looking forward to the Kentucky fried chicken and yahoo.com suits :)

RemiusTA
Dec 22, 2011, 05:50 PM
Well, balls. My new computer won't be here until January 3rd, so I won't be able to watch it in a productive matter (as I still have to hold a lamp up to my laptop screen to see anything as it stands right now).

Well, if its any kind of interesting, i may record the feed again. But i dont think it'll really be worth me staying up again.

Xaeris
Dec 22, 2011, 06:40 PM
Can we open a betting pool on what percentage the loli creations will make up?

BIG OLAF
Dec 22, 2011, 07:59 PM
Can we open a betting pool on what percentage the loli creations will make up?

I'm going to place my bet on 77%-82% of all female characters made being under five feet tall, with at least DD bra size.

DuRaL
Dec 23, 2011, 12:31 AM
gonna be there if i manage to wake up in time and create a loli just for you guys ^-^

RemiusTA
Dec 23, 2011, 12:54 AM
Please dont

In fact, make a 9 foot tall chick wearing something nobody wears, like the Ramarl suit.

Or, in fact, make a fat chick. At least Pika would appreciate that.

edit: MAGICAL AVATAR CHANGE GO

Ino'lis was feeling a bit crowed all the sudden. Hey, maybe people will not notice me posting anymore.

Fayorei
Dec 23, 2011, 01:15 AM

I feel I should just play a dude character on principle. Plus we have true FOnewearls again, ADVENT OF THE LOLIS. Though, some of the funniest moments in PSO were the off-the-wall character designs. I'm looking forward to seeing new versions of that.:D

Cool to hear about the USTREAM, though.:D

For those in the EST time zone, it'll start December 23rd(tomorrow) night at midnight for the first part, I believe.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2011, 02:35 AM
Please dont

In fact, make a 9 foot tall chick wearing something nobody wears, like the Ramarl suit.

Ino'lis was feeling a bit crowed all the sudden. Hey, maybe people will not notice me posting anymore.

WHOA!

MAN!

I'm all "Whose this dude talking about fat chicks?! : O"

Then I'm all "Whose ino'l-OH THAT'S RAmius!!"

That Remius guy is okay though.

Jonth
Dec 23, 2011, 02:06 PM
WHOA!

MAN!

All of the sudden, the avatar confusion isn't funny anymore... Going to take me a bit to know when Remius is posting now...

pikachief
Dec 23, 2011, 02:09 PM
Please dont

It's true, I would appreciate that. I'd like to see a 9' hefty Ramarl :P lol Would be different and interesting to see to say the least XD

RemiusTA
Dec 23, 2011, 04:25 PM
All of the sudden, the avatar confusion isn't funny anymore... Going to take me a bit to know when Remius is posting now...

MISSION SUCCESS

Ninja mode activated

WHOA!

MAN!

Oh man, that guy Ramius guy is such an A-hole

who does he think he is

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2011, 04:53 PM
Man, you guys will call anything with a cute face a "loli"...

Meanwhile, I will be making a battle-loli who doesn't have gag boobs (re: flat-chested) and also happens to actually pack the kind of muscle a Hunter should be packing. Except she won't actually be a loli because she's not a child but will probably be called a loli by everyone here because they cannot differentiate between a loli and a woman who is short and flat-chested (or short and big-boobed, apparently, from what's being said here).

Groan. Mutter. Sigh.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2011, 05:02 PM
I thought loli just meant little girl.

Flat chested midget women... Same thing.

Ghost Inside
Dec 23, 2011, 05:24 PM
*facepalms*
No, lolis are bascially just underage - or at least look like they are - say late childhood early puberty and uh...

Well anyway; If they make more lolis tomorrow I'll just run away screaming!
Creepy japanese people... ._.

Edit: I'm sorry! That came out wrong! I didn't mean japanese people per se:
The lolicons are creepy make me uncomfortable.
Um... There!

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2011, 06:13 PM
*facepalms*
No, lolis are bascially just underage - or at least look like they are - say late childhood early puberty and uh...

Well anyway; If they make more lolis tomorrow I'll just run away screaming!

Midget chicks, actual little girls, same thing.

maxx69
Dec 23, 2011, 06:43 PM

Meanwhile, I will be making a battle-loli who doesn't have gag boobs (re: flat-chested) and also happens to actually pack the kind of muscle a Hunter should be packing. Except she won't actually be a loli because she's not a child but will probably be called a loli by everyone here because they cannot differentiate between a loli and a woman who is short and flat-chested (or short and big-boobed, apparently, from what's being said here).

Groan. Mutter. Sigh.

Muscular lolis? That's worse than regular pedophilia. *vomits*

Xaeris
Dec 23, 2011, 07:25 PM
I seem to have accidentally started some poop. My bad.

kyuuketsuki
Dec 23, 2011, 08:05 PM
I know right. Short women should totally not get any love because just ew right? It's not like, historically speaking, Japanese women would generally be short and not generously endowed. Oh wait...

And, by definition, a loli cannot have big breasts. That completely invalidates the very definition of a loli. Unless, of course, they're just sticking giant boobs on someone who otherwise is very child-like... but that's not happening here.

Only the FOnewearl has any resemblance to a loli, but... she is not being hypersexualized or even somewhat sexualized. And even that's stretching it... she doesn't look all that child-like.

I know it's hard for people to get over themselves long enough to stop moaning about another culture's preferences (not that I'd suggest the video-gaming/anime-consuming population of Japan represents the general culture, it's more of a sub-culture really), but you people should really try it sometime. They're not going to prevent you from creating whatever character you want when you do your character customization, so... get over it already.

RemiusTA
Dec 23, 2011, 08:25 PM

*LOLI JUSTIFICATION BY SEMANTICS *

lol

I know right. Short women should totally not get any love because just ew right? It's not like, historically speaking, Japanese women would generally be short and not generously endowed. Oh wait...

*LOLI JUSTIFICATION BY CULTURE *

lol

Cayenne
Dec 23, 2011, 09:36 PM
I thought the stream was tomorrow, great news for me since I don't have a damn thing to do today.

Question: Will there be anything new showing or will they focus on what's been reviled in the past couple of days?

pikachief
Dec 23, 2011, 09:52 PM
I thought the stream was tomorrow, great news for me since I don't have a damn thing to do today.

Question: Will there be anything new showing or will they focus on what's been reviled in the past couple of days?

I'm pretty sure its just showing customization, so whatever they have on customization so far (I think cast faces and 1 other thing are the only thing new with customization)

RemiusTA
Dec 23, 2011, 10:17 PM
I honestly have no interest in seeing anymore character customization. They need to just release a demo of the creator already. I'd rather see work done in other areas.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 23, 2011, 10:36 PM
Just to get the thread back on track, I'm hoping for a surprise announcement about the urban area we saw in the trailer a few months back being added for a later phase of alpha 2.

Cayenne
Dec 23, 2011, 10:53 PM
I honestly have no interest in seeing anymore character customization.

As much as I'm sick of it myself, there will be HEAVY focus on this, just wait...

Just to get the thread back on track, I'm hoping for a surprise announcement about the urban area we saw in the trailer a few months back being added for a later phase of alpha 2.
Doubt it but one can hope, I've got my fingers cross in hopes it does show!

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2011, 11:10 PM
lol

lol
QUITE A STERLING ARGUMENT YOU HAVE MADE THERE, GOOD SIR.

MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

BIG OLAF
Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM

MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

Oh no, please don't. You guys had been doing good for so long.

SoSxDagg3r89
Dec 23, 2011, 11:37 PM
what time is this starting. I see times in the forums but idk where those people live. I'm -7GMT

r00tabaga
Dec 23, 2011, 11:39 PM
what time is this starting. I see times in the forums but idk where those people live. I'm -7GMT

20 minutes...

Tetsaru
Dec 24, 2011, 12:12 AM
Damn this fucking piece of shit old-ass laptop... the stream's choppy as all hell for me... ><X

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 12:12 AM
the fuck is on this guy's head

Since it's on Ustream, i dont have to record it. Good.

MAY I HAVE ANOTHER?

You wanna argue with me about lolis? Seriously?

Har har, nah i'll pass. Lets just watch the live feed full of old musicians.

Blueblur
Dec 24, 2011, 12:20 AM
So has anything of note been shown?

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 12:22 AM
Just pictures of what looks like sound production and orchestra. I think someone translated "Same orchestra from PSO".

Which is Jessica Alba to my ears

Blueblur
Dec 24, 2011, 12:27 AM
Sweet trailer. Looks like Sakai's going to talk about Alpha Test 2.

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 12:29 AM
Long story short:

- My Room looks awesome

- Awkward mouth movement during Cut-in chat

- Looks like a few animations changed, don't quote me though

- Still saw some PSU animations

- Rangers dont seem to move any slower than before while shooting

- Graphics overall look much better to me.

- But the feed resolution is shit, so do not quote me.

- The music is fucking awesome.

Now a giant stupid rappy is on the stage and they're discussing what looks like action figures i dont care about. They're probably done showing stuff.

Artwork of a Fonewearl (go figure) with breasts (go figure) saying merry christmas. Its actually a very nice picture though.

Sorry to everyone who didnt see it, i was filming but the resolution was so terrible i decided to just not waste my time. (I just looked back at what i recorded and realized it wasnt that bad. Now i wish i didn't press Stop like a dumbass.) Just know, the game looks bloody fun.

Mike
Dec 24, 2011, 12:38 AM
Looks like some of the monsters may have a "champion" version. Some of the mags looked like Ogi's head.

Cayenne
Dec 24, 2011, 12:51 AM
Did the ranger do a flip over an enemy or was I seeing things that weren't there because of the low quality stream?

MegaZoneXE
Dec 24, 2011, 01:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtS4_n4LlCc&feature=youtu.be

pikachief
Dec 24, 2011, 02:28 AM
Someone pointed out that in the bottom right corner of the customization screen there is controls for what appears to be "X" "RB "LB" and 2 thumbsticks. The RB and LB are also in the same shape as the 360's bumper buttons and the X is in a blue circle like the 360\

[spoiler-box]
so it's good to see that it already is pre-made to support 360 consoles when you plug one in ^^;
[/spoiler-box]

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 02:37 AM
They added Redo/Undo buttons. Looks like you can also go backwards through Randoms you happen to choose incase you liked one.

- Gets to female cast morphing

- Tit screen

- something in japanese that probably said "YES, CAST BOOB SLIDER IS HERE"

- *laughter and applause*

Man what am i even kidding, this game is in perfect hands, this guy is epic and sega needs to take my money

Ezodagrom
Dec 24, 2011, 02:43 AM
Someone pointed out that in the bottom right corner of the customization screen there is controls for what appears to be "X" "RB "LB" and 2 thumbsticks. The RB and LB are also in the same shape as the 360's bumper buttons and the X is in a blue circle like the 360\

[spoiler-box]
so it's good to see that it already is pre-made to support 360 consoles when you plug one in ^^;
[/spoiler-box]
The XBox 360 controller and those based on it (like the Logitech F series) are pretty much the standard controllers on the PC nowadays, so it's normal for the controller buttons in the UI to be the XBox 360 controller buttons.

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 02:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFkSzqXD2sU

My Room Feature

The new lightning engine upgrades really makes this sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRFLmf_JOI8&

Character Creation changes. Cast Boobies. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhLC1ga-7e0

The trailer from the first showing with all the gameplay.

And yes, someone indeed saw the Ramar do a flip off that ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_vEzEMJSdY

Looks like they're discussing what they've changed since the first alpha test, in terms of Combat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkX7OnEO79E

Item synthesis system. I really can't find anything to immediately complain about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8J4SUCKeHI

What they changed about the menu interface. <3 the shop menu.

The skill tree is especially intriguing to me.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 24, 2011, 02:55 AM
I capped both events and I'll work on uploading them once they're encoded.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Dec 24, 2011, 02:58 AM
Me, I only just recorded the BGM that played before the first stream. ^^;

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 03:03 AM
Oh yeah, forgot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce7uIoKhhYk

Opening CG video to the game.

MegaZoneXE
Dec 24, 2011, 03:15 AM
My Room is cool plus grinders are back

PSO2- My Room + Item Lab (http://youtu.be/7jOG8kE-WhI)

Spellbinder
Dec 24, 2011, 03:31 AM
Oh yeah, forgot

PSO2 -- Opening Sequence - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce7uIoKhhYk)

Opening CG video to the game.

I look forward to seeing a high quality version of this. :)

RemiusTA
Dec 24, 2011, 03:33 AM
Believe me, so am I.

they'll probably release it tomorrow or something making my upload utterly pointless, but the stream + recording + youtube really raped whatever was there. But it didn't look much better than that video on the stream at all.

Fayorei
Dec 24, 2011, 04:07 AM
lol

lol

Hahaha I know right? :P

Also, thanks for the short notes(and Youtube links). I had to miss it tonight since I had other plans. The fact that they're using the same orchestra as PSO is the most exciting news for me. Music made part of PSO.:)

ShadowDragon28
Dec 24, 2011, 04:27 AM
omg. Gothic style room available in "Room Customize" menu. OMGDOWANT Sega take my money!

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Dec 24, 2011, 04:43 AM
Here's the mp3 of the music that played before the 1st stream started. I didn't really much know what to call it, I'm sorry to say, but it's better than nothing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885171/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202.mp3

Malachite
Dec 24, 2011, 04:48 AM
I shat my pants at the new A Whole New World.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Dec 24, 2011, 04:49 AM
You're not the only one.

redroses
Dec 24, 2011, 05:55 AM
Oh man, all this information is awesome!
I love that you have three rooms in My Room, I can't wait to play around with that feature (and d'awww, your mag will also be visible while you are in your room. I will love having mags back, nothing better than a companion like that!).

Cast character creation is also very nice, love it that they can have every color in the world as skin color. Finally I can have dark grey skin like magashi. lol.

God, I can't wait to play this game!

Fayorei
Dec 24, 2011, 06:52 AM
Here's the mp3 of the music that played before the 1st stream started. I didn't really much know what to call it, I'm sorry to say, but it's better than nothing.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885171/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202.mp3

Thanks Rikki! Sounds amazing. Looks like the soundtrack will be up to par with the original PSO.:D

maxx69
Dec 24, 2011, 07:02 AM
Ok, so the first show was about the music and the second was about the room, gameplay, character creator, and so on?

Just asking to make sure I didn't miss anything.

For those who haven't seen the second, just youtube "pso2 fan briefing" .

kazuuya
Dec 24, 2011, 07:27 AM
Big thanks to RemiusTA for the Videos!

Actually I woke up at 6 AM and turned the stream on, but I was so tired, that after 20 minutes I turned it off again and went to bed. T__T I only saw the CGI Intro Movie. lol.

I am very pleased of the other stuff though! The "My Room" looks pretty nice, it's cool that you'll have 3 rooms + balcony! Also the CAST creation was cool. It's great you can give them whatever Skincolor you like. (I'll go with delicious blue skincolor again. Lol.) The new Boss Dragon Monster thing looks cool too. I really can't wait to play this game. ;A;

And in my opinion this presentations were a nice Christmas present from SEGA.

NoiseHERO
Dec 24, 2011, 07:55 AM
OMG I was working on that art contest the other day and got like no sleep, so I got completely knocked out and missed this ;o;

Oh well.

Is it uploaded somewhere?

/looks for it

kazuuya
Dec 24, 2011, 08:00 AM
OMG I was working on that art contest the other day and got like no sleep, so I got completely knocked out and missed this ;o;

Oh well.

Is it uploaded somewhere?

/looks for it

RemiusTA posted some Videos on Page 6 of the Thread. And you can also see some Stuff on the Phantasy Star Fanblog too. Or you just search a little on Youtube!

NoiseHERO
Dec 24, 2011, 08:41 AM
Oh man, thanks for the vids, Rem.

That CASTs creator looks soooo much beddur. /laughs at ghost hipster cast with horn rimmed glasses popping up on the random generator

Definitely liking these new hairstyles too.

Oh and that new opening was awesome, but... kind of reminded me of a naruto opening... (Random anime parkour through a forest?) I guess they get away with it because of Sonic...

And those PSO theme remixes gave me a shiver, music is finally getting interesting... even though a remix is kind of a cheap shot in this case.

Corey Blue
Dec 24, 2011, 10:01 AM
Awwwww yeah.

GCoffee
Dec 24, 2011, 10:15 AM
The intro is starting to grow on me, if just for the badass landing scene. Besides, they are not just pointlessly running through the forest, but actually trying to run into the giant spider as soon as possible. Neato.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 24, 2011, 10:22 AM
First presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKDH5I_cF5Q
Second presentation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CtTQtuxPw

r00tabaga
Dec 24, 2011, 11:21 AM
Color me impressed.
1) Nice work with the My Room concept <one of my favorite PSU features>
2) Glad you can customize skin color for Casts <my favorite race>
3) Ability to Synth multiple weapons together to make one higher % one? If this is true, I'm on board again. I just hope that the elemental system is not the same as it's been.
4) Stereo3D is great too!!!

>>>saving $$$ for PC now>>>

NoiseHERO
Dec 24, 2011, 03:13 PM
The intro is starting to grow on me, if just for the badass landing scene. Besides, they are not just pointlessly running through the forest, but actually trying to run into the giant spider as soon as possible. Neato.

Actually said Naruto opening was the season where they chase 5 evil bandit guys that kidnapped sasuke through the forst... Which was a major part of the story... And...That means it's more than just "go and kill the giant spider in it's own habitat because we don't like it's face-

BUT WHO CARES I hate Naruto.

GCoffee
Dec 24, 2011, 03:16 PM
How could I forget; for all the crap that followed it, that was the best Naruto opening ever. Or more like the only one I would remember up to this day?

Ark22
Dec 24, 2011, 03:18 PM
If I wasn't straight I would sleep with every PSO2 Dev team for this. Yeah I am that determined.

Malachite
Dec 24, 2011, 04:22 PM
I want this, bad. Every time they release something, it looks better and better.

PrinceBrightstar
Dec 24, 2011, 05:09 PM
Updated with part 2 (see above)

Enforcer MKV
Dec 24, 2011, 06:08 PM
Can we haz moar PSO2 info? Pwease, Mr.Sakai? Pwease?

*puppy dog eyes*

Aumi
Dec 24, 2011, 06:34 PM
Holy crap the opening sequence is epic! D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tklbSaGj1mk

Higher quality version of it, I think.

NoiseHERO
Dec 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
Warning do not watch the opening on a big screen TV, you WILL get made that there's no "press start" button...

And Finally the concept of the laser diamond swimming pool makes sense.

I think someone was bitching at me for questioning it a few months ago.

Xaeris
Dec 24, 2011, 06:55 PM

Oh my god, my body is NOT ready.

On a sidenote, I'm surprised a FOnewearl can keep up with a HUmar in a dead sprint like that, but okay, that's cool.

Aumi
Dec 24, 2011, 07:28 PM
Just watched the presentations. Finally some Caseal customization, though I would have liked to see more customization of their outfits...

Cayenne
Dec 24, 2011, 07:35 PM
I want this game NOW!

Also, I don't receive anymore newsletters from SEGA since i signed up a month ago, does that mean they figured out I have a fake address and won't land me an Alpha 2 pass?

Alex Longstride
Dec 24, 2011, 11:50 PM
Actually said Naruto opening was the season where they chase 5 evil bandit guys that kidnapped sasuke through the forst... Which was a major part of the story... And...That means it's more than just "go and kill the giant spider in it's own habitat because we don't like it's face-

BUT WHO CARES I hate Naruto.

Actually, it isn't Dark Rayne (the spider)'s habitat. I remember reading that the Darkers are an "evil existence expanding in the space", and that they're most likely minions of Dark Force; we'll probably see an explanation of why the more "native" creatures are in an uproar and why we're attacking Zaudons (the king monkeys) on sight. Perhaps Dark Force's "influence" is similar to the characteristics of SEED-forms in PSU. Not necessarily the "Dark-cell" pathogen-type phenomena, but it's likely that where there are Darkers there will be hostile and/or "infected" native creatures to neutralize.

I just went on a tangent. In short, the giant spider doesn't belong in that environment, hence why we have to kill it.

I'm not a fan of Naruto myself.

Alex Longstride
Dec 24, 2011, 11:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZpHxnDX0CI

Highest quality I've found.

Zyrusticae
Dec 25, 2011, 12:01 AM
That is beautiful.

If we actually get to do movements like that in the game, I will play it forever. Forever.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 25, 2011, 12:04 AM
That is beautiful.

If we actually get to do movements like that in the game, I will play it forever. Forever.

I agree and approve of this statement. :P

Malachite
Dec 25, 2011, 12:15 AM
I'm pretty sure we won't lol.

Pretty sure it's just 'hey look at this cool cgi'.

BIG OLAF
Dec 25, 2011, 12:16 AM
I'm curious to see what the opening sequence is, but I don't want to watch it until I get my new computer, and can fully appreciate the video.

Zyrusticae
Dec 25, 2011, 12:27 AM
I'm pretty sure we won't lol.

Pretty sure it's just 'hey look at this cool cgi'.
Well, we can at least do a front-flip, as seen when that ranger jumped off the wrecked ship in the in-game trailer...

Enforcer MKV
Dec 25, 2011, 12:34 AM
I'm curious to see what the opening sequence is, but I don't want to watch it until I get my new computer, and can fully appreciate the video.

it be good. That is all.

Malachite
Dec 25, 2011, 01:05 AM
Well, we can at least do a front-flip, as seen when that ranger jumped off the wrecked ship in the in-game trailer...

I think that was just the ranger's verison of a dash.

Ark22
Dec 25, 2011, 01:55 AM
That vid on 720P made me cry just a bit.

And I demand to see my character dive during loading screens to the level.

Cayenne
Dec 25, 2011, 03:25 AM
I want this game NOW!

Also, I don't receive anymore newsletters from SEGA since i signed up a month ago, does that mean they figured out I have a fake address and won't land me an Alpha 2 pass?

Kindly asking, can someone answer this?

RemiusTA
Dec 25, 2011, 12:10 PM
The last mail i got from them was on December 15th. So im not really sure, but i doubt they'd remove us from the newsletter for something like that.

Zyrusticae
Dec 25, 2011, 01:25 PM
I think that was just the ranger's verison of a dash.
Nope, the ranger's version of a dash is a tuck-and-roll. I'm 100% sure he actually just jumped forward in that shot.

Rika-chan
Dec 25, 2011, 02:34 PM
Loving the opening sequence.

http://tubedubber.com/#tklbSaGj1mk:jLJLyneZGKc:0:100:40:0:1
Video start time, 40 seconds.:-o

LionHeart-
Dec 25, 2011, 05:50 PM

That was awesome! I saw the opening via the main page of PSOW, but Guile's theme went with it well! And never heard of this website before, so thanks for that ^^;!

GCoffee
Dec 25, 2011, 05:52 PM
I wonder if DarkRagne will appear in many or most areas of the game, seeing how it is the breed machine for the Darker minions and is confirmed to appear in both the City and Forest area, already.

Cayenne
Dec 25, 2011, 05:56 PM
The last mail i got from them was on December 15th. So im not really sure, but i doubt they'd remove us from the newsletter for something like that.

Last email i got was from them saying i was signed up, back in november? early decmeber? around there.

Zyrusticae
Dec 25, 2011, 06:05 PM

Guile's theme really does go well with just about anything.

xmoonprismpowerx
Dec 25, 2011, 10:58 PM
Kinda disappointed about the character animations and the room items I saw... There's some of the same stuff from PSU, which I don't know if thats good or bad yet. And is there going to be more animations than the ones from PSU? Im talking about lobby animations. Just kinda feels like the effort they should have put into making PSU good into making a reskin of psu. I'm pretty sure (hopefully) that there are a lot more perks to pso2. Before yelling at me, just know I am pretty uninformed

r00tabaga
Dec 25, 2011, 11:01 PM
Kinda disappointed about the character animations and the room items I saw... There's some of the same stuff from PSU, which I don't know if thats good or bad yet. And is there going to be more animations than the ones from PSU? Im talking about lobby animations. Just kinda feels like the effort they should have put into making PSU good into making a reskin of psu. I'm pretty sure (hopefully) that there are a lot more perks to pso2. Before yelling at me, just know I am pretty uninformed

They did say that they were going to introduce new animations, but not for the 1st Alpha. I doubt we'll see anything new for the 2nd either.

NoiseHERO
Dec 25, 2011, 11:05 PM
Yeah if you see anything that directly ripped from PSU it's temporary.

Or at least that's what they say for the animations and emotes.

I wouldn't be surprised if some stayed though, apparently PSU even has some PSO emotes. Then PSZ has that dance emote from PSU, maybe SEGA's just lazy on that...

Fayorei
Dec 25, 2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah if you see anything that directly ripped from PSU it's temporary.

Or at least that's what they say for the animations and emotes.

I wouldn't be surprised if some stayed though, apparently PSU even has some PSO emotes. Then PSZ has that dance emote from PSU, maybe SEGA's just lazy on that...

That's good to know. It makes a lot of sense to just use those temporarily since they have them, but we need the butt-shaking dance from PSO. It's awkward and amazing. And I think the female dance from that was just stepping side to side. But bringing back awkward rump boogie would be quite nostalgialicious.

Also, on the newsletter thing- the last one I got was from November 30th, if that helps anyone at all.

r00tabaga
Dec 25, 2011, 11:32 PM

Or just good fanservice! ^^

Cayenne
Dec 26, 2011, 12:05 AM
Also, on the newsletter thing- the last one I got was from November 30th, if that helps anyone at all.

Ok, good to know I'm not alone, just hope I do get the invite.

SnowfoxZero
Dec 26, 2011, 01:17 AM
Hope you guys all had a good Christmas. I added 8 new videos from the fan briefing to the alpha video thread.

Merry Christmas!

Noblewine
Dec 26, 2011, 03:19 AM
The game looks fun though just watching the characters in the film jump out of a portal and dash looks like they are trying to get the adrenaline pumping. Character customation looks plentiful and I can't want to tinker with it when I create Noblewine. The soundtrack sounded great and I wonder if any tracks for PSZ or PSU will make the cut.
I don't know much about the combat but I can tell I am going to enjoy it since it faster because of the ability to dash and combo.

Mike
Dec 26, 2011, 04:44 AM
The opening movie has been added to the official site: http://pso2.jp/gallery/movie/ A few stills from some of the other videos have been added too: http://pso2.jp/gallery/screenshot/

GCoffee
Dec 26, 2011, 05:43 AM
Why you look so damn good FOnewearl?!?! Gah, now I will have to make one.

maxx69
Dec 26, 2011, 07:04 AM
Why you look so damn good FOnewearl?!?! Gah, now I will have to make one.

Agreed, this bitty is fine.

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Fonewearl-girl.jpg

Akaimizu
Dec 26, 2011, 09:09 AM

Groan. Mutter. Sigh.

Don't worry. I don't think that is a problem. Tynselle has been a character on here for 5+ years, and is definitely not mistaken for a loli. Enough people recognized that character as a somewhat lesser-developed adult, with a major attitude and a bit of a twin gun fetish.

For this game, I definitely want to go FOmar, this time. A class I never really played until Phantasy Star Zero. Not sure how well you can customize them, but I think I can come up with something unique enough, even with the limitations. I certainly did back in PSO.

RikkiBlackNanobeast
Dec 26, 2011, 02:00 PM

I want that hat. :|

Ark22
Dec 26, 2011, 02:00 PM
I'd smash.

Aumi
Dec 26, 2011, 02:05 PM

Her design really is awesome. My first character will be a caseal, most likely a RAcaseal, but one of my characters will definitely be a FOnewearl.

Blueblur
Dec 26, 2011, 02:18 PM
So the only default costumes they haven't shown are for the RAnewearl and RAnewm, right? I noticed they weren't implemented in that version shown during the Akihabara event.

DuRaL
Dec 26, 2011, 02:41 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/399891_288363087881303_100001228431062_927590_3360 02151_n.jpg

10 minutes wasn't really enough time to make a decent character xD
but i love the functions of the editor, it's really detailed.. in the full version i'd probably sit 10 minutes on the breasts alone ;P

won't be able to play the game, tho.. PC-only ftl

inb4loli

Alex Longstride
Dec 26, 2011, 06:02 PM
So the only default costumes they haven't shown are for the RAnewearl and RAnewm, right? I noticed they weren't implemented in that version shown during the Akihabara event.

Yeah. I definitely want RAnewm to look like it did in the first trailer. That outfit looked awesome, though there aren't any good screencaps of it. I think I might have spotted it on the "Settei wall", but I'm not so sure....
http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/i0305884-1305053132.jpg
Yep, definitely there. First row, third column.

Aumi
Dec 26, 2011, 07:06 PM
Reminds me that it's time for two new pieces of concept art soon. The fan page has 4995 likes.

Alex Longstride
Dec 26, 2011, 08:46 PM
Reminds me that it's time for two new pieces of concept art soon. The fan page has 4995 likes.

For the record, I'm the "Tobias White" on Facebook. Friend me if you like.

PKKadin
Dec 27, 2011, 10:53 PM

But yeah... I'm hoping someone will show off some of the new male CAST flesh faces.

FOmarl looks really nice, but it's HUmarl's outfit that has my attention. So cute, so cool! <3 Hahah...

But in serious mode here... running animation for the casts!? Yes, please! >:D

Cayenne
Dec 27, 2011, 11:18 PM
But in serious mode here... running animation for the casts!? Yes, please! >:D

There will be an option to choose Hover or Run in the future.

r00tabaga
Dec 27, 2011, 11:52 PM
There will be an option to choose Hover or Run in the future.

Linky?

Cayenne
Dec 28, 2011, 12:02 AM
Linky. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191244)

Check the Character Section.

PKKadin
Dec 28, 2011, 02:16 AM
Oooo, danke, Cayenne. Now I know to also make a huge mecha! Mwahahaha!