PDA

View Full Version : What did my sister do to our computer?

Rei-San
Dec 23, 2011, 04:52 PM
Ok, last year about this time we got a new computer for Christmas. But when April came around I left for Texas for about 7 months. When I came back I found out that my sister had messed up the computer some how.

Apparently my sister said she tried to download Adobe Flash from their site. But she said that she may have messed up somewhere and now no drivers work.

The PC will turn on, but everything connected to the computer (Mouse, Keyboard, Moniter, Wacom tablet) will be treated as if it's not connected to the PC at all. I said I might be able to fix it, but I don't even know the term for what she did to my PC.

Does anyone know what she did, and how to fix it?

(If you asked me, I think she accidentaly found a torrent...)

Mantiskilla
Dec 23, 2011, 06:05 PM
To be honest you probably lost some windows registry files for your USB device drivers and other drivers. You could try to repair windows or use a repair disc if your retail PC came with one. Otherwise you might have to reinstall windows completely so that drivers and registry match so PC boots up correctly

Rei-San
Dec 23, 2011, 07:59 PM
Ok. But how can I re-install the disk if the monitor wont work?

AC9breaker
Dec 23, 2011, 10:14 PM
Maybe your monitor is not connected.

Rei-San
Dec 23, 2011, 10:31 PM
It is... Everything is connected. But they will act as if they aren't.

Ark22
Dec 23, 2011, 10:41 PM
I recommend throwing your tower. May help a bit. I do it when I get frustrated. But I am not held liable if it breaks :P

Ezodagrom
Dec 23, 2011, 11:00 PM
Ok. But how can I re-install the disk if the monitor wont work?
If it was a problem with drivers, then the peripherals would still work during the boot (before windows is loaded), and using the windows cd/dvd to re-install or repair would be possible. If nothing works during the boot and there's no image, it could be an hardware problem (some component that could be failing).