PDA

View Full Version : Player shops and Visiphones

Mike
Dec 27, 2011, 08:03 AM
On the official blog (http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11118608906.html), there's some info about the PSO2's visiphones.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24740
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24741

The visiphone terminals are located in the lobby and have two main functions. The first is "Arks Search." This is, as you can probably guess, a person search function.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24742

By searching using a player's ID, you can do a variety of things. You can invite them to your party, send them a message via whatever PSO2's simple mail will be called, add them to your black list, send them a friend request, or transport to their room.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24743

You can also operate and purchase things from player owned shops. You can do this right from the lobby terminal so you don't have to go to other player's rooms. This particular menu gives you several options: item search, shop search, find a friend's shop, manage your shop, or close the menu.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24744

Searching for items looks like this. You can search by item name, category, elemental attribute, grind value, rarity, and/or price. Kind of like the PSU shop search menu.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1789&pictureid=24745

And this is the menu you get to manage your shop. You can sell stuff or remove stuff to and from your inventory or storage, edit your ad, and check your earnings.

Today's blog also marks the last bit of information on PSO2 for 2011. You'll have to wait until next year for new stuff. There was also a newsletter sent out today. If you signed up previously, check your mailboxes to see if you have properly received it. For those of you who didn't sign up, here are the January wallpapers featuring the "Caterdoran" enemy.

http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcal201201_1024x768.jpg
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcall201201_1280x1024.jpg
http://pso2.jp/download/mm/wallpaper/pso2_mmcall201201_1920x1080.jpg

Norco
Dec 27, 2011, 08:20 AM
I will be honest, at first I completely ignored what the topic was about and was amazed how good a HUcast with humanoid face and FOcast armor looks xD

(Assuming that is what we are seeing, I could be wrong)

r00tabaga
Dec 27, 2011, 10:31 AM
So I am guessing that our Player Shops will be more like Craigslist now and less like PSU (physical shop in your room). I like this idea better. Much more convenient.

GCoffee
Dec 27, 2011, 10:41 AM
I will be honest, at first I completely ignored what the topic was about and was amazed how good a HUcast with humanoid face and FOcast armor looks xD

Seriously, same exact thoughts. Gorgeous character that is. :-o

NoiseHERO
Dec 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
I still liked going to people's rooms...

It was like, You adventured through everyone's sanctuary, and everyone was different!

Even though after a while it was just "meh another room"

Anyway glad shops are back, I'm assuming this means rares won't be character locked too, and we'll actually have a reason to have money again.

Blueblur
Dec 27, 2011, 12:09 PM
I like this method much much better. Being able to manage your own inventory and shop and purchase items from someone else's without having to deal with loading screens and separate counters will make buying and selling items a much friendlier and quicker experience. Man, I am impressed with all the detailed UI work they're doing.

Cayenne
Dec 27, 2011, 07:26 PM

I second this

Noblewine
Dec 27, 2011, 09:12 PM
Its nice to see an visionphones are back. I like it.

RemiusTA
Dec 27, 2011, 10:42 PM
meh, lets hope they're useful this time.

Recon Tactical
Dec 28, 2011, 01:53 AM
All of my fucking money. Just give us the damned game already, Sega. >: (

Fenn777
Dec 29, 2011, 09:36 PM
I wonder how this will change the economy. Will prices consistently plummet because people will always be trying to outsell each other, or will the finders of rares always set prices obnoxiously high? OR, will things work out and balance? Will the in-game shops adjust their prices accordingly? Hopefully, high demand for some items will keep prices from falling to fast.

I like this feature, it's really flexible; people can use it to get rid of unwanted items, or start their own little business. It would be neat to see units that increase the chance of finding specific item types (healing, grinders, mags, etc.) so people can go on "harvesting" runs.

NoiseHERO
Dec 29, 2011, 09:43 PM
I wonder how this will change the economy. Will prices consistently plummet because people will always be trying to outsell each other, or will the finders of rares always set prices obnoxiously high? OR, will things work out and balance? Will the in-game shops adjust their prices accordingly? Hopefully, high demand for some items will keep prices from falling to fast.

I like this feature, it's really flexible; people can use it to get rid of unwanted items, or start their own little business. It would be neat to see units that increase the chance of finding specific item types (healing, grinders, mags, etc.) so people can go on "harvesting" runs.

Yes

These things will happen.

Or at least they did in PSU.

The only guy to have and also want to sell X rare item will overprice the hell out of it(even if it's a low quality) and people will race to buy it or suck it up and ignore it. OR people will have to compete for their prices.

Personally I think it's more interesting this way, whether you're hunting/making the weapon yourself or dealing/trading for it, you still got put in effort to get what you want.

pikachief
Dec 29, 2011, 10:13 PM
I remember when the Love Inferno was out for a limited time so since I couldn't find it I bought one on the 2nd to last day they were out before they stopped dropping for a whole year. When they stopped dropping the price plummeted and never returned to the height it was once at.

Economy run by a bunch of children, supply and demand does not apply? lol Demand was high, supply goes from very low to even less and prices go down lol

NoiseHERO
Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah that did happen sometimes, I think it was kind of up in the air with certain weapons like twin kitty claws or something. e_e

At first they were ultra expensive (for their time I guess) then it's like people get tired of looking at them as a half-assed rare and just wanna get rid of them. But when there's only a couple left and there's no event to get them, they'll try to milk you for it.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 29, 2011, 11:43 PM
Awesome, lots of new awesome stuff. Visiphone actually has a use now, great. Everything is looking and sound soo damn awesome. I wish I could play it right now!

My only worry right now is that I hope there will be some cool Mag evolutions similar to Asparas, Rati, Kama, etc, something like mid-size wing-fins, etc.. not just little a pod floating over the shoulder
*sigh* still no specific info on how the elements actually work in-game.

I hope it works like in PSO, I hope Elements on weapons means it does a a little extra/bonus damage to an enemy of the *same element*, like "35% dark" does 35% extra damage to "dark" element enemies, and not the "dark element ONLY damages "light" enemies" type bullcrap that PSU had... >:-(

I just want to use my dark element weapons on fricken "dark" enemies like in PSO....

Fenn777
Jan 1, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yes

These things will happen.

Or at least they did in PSU.

The only guy to have and also want to sell X rare item will overprice the hell out of it(even if it's a low quality) and people will race to buy it or suck it up and ignore it. OR people will have to compete for their prices.

Personally I think it's more interesting this way, whether you're hunting/making the weapon yourself or dealing/trading for it, you still got put in effort to get what you want.

I want it to go this way too, just not either extreme. I the less likely extreme, I don't want prices for rares to skyrocket so high no one but the 1% of Lv 200 rich players can afford them, and in the more likely and fearful scenario, I don't want prices to plummet because that 1 guy doesn't understand that setting his price too low just to beat the competition results in a negative profit, and suddenly nothing is worth anything and meseta is useless.

Hopefully players will be logical enough as a whole to avoid the extremes.

NoiseHERO
Jan 1, 2012, 09:07 PM
I want it to go this way too, just not either extreme. I the less likely extreme, I don't want prices for rares to skyrocket so high no one but the 1% of Lv 200 rich players can afford them, and in the more likely and fearful scenario, I don't want prices to plummet because that 1 guy doesn't understand that setting his price too low just to beat the competition results in a negative profit, and suddenly nothing is worth anything and meseta is useless.

Hopefully players will be logical enough as a whole to avoid the extremes.

Sadly this is the same community that ALL migrated to universe 2 permanently just because Universe 1 crashed a couple times.

Which resulted in people being FORCED to stay in universe 2 even realizing it's stupid, because it had to biggest population. Meaning whatever you thought, you were stuck because the masses were already there... Like lemmings...

Even when they don't want to, people get sucked into the majority's trends. Thus we have an economical melt down when the only guy with X rare is technically the one that makes sure it's worth 99 mil. D:

WHAT THE HELL AM I TALKING ABOUT!?

Fenn777
Jan 1, 2012, 09:11 PM
Sadly this is the same community that ALL migrated to universe 2 permanently just because Universe 1 crashed a couple times.

Which resulted in people being FORCED to stay in universe 2 even realizing it's stupid, because it had to biggest population. Meaning whatever you thought, you were stuck because the masses were already there... Like lemmings...

Even when they don't want to, people get sucked into the majority's trends. Thus we have an economical melt down when the only guy with X rare is technically the one that makes sure it's worth 99 mil. D:

WHAT THE HELL AM I TALKING ABOUT!?

Dang, in these situations I'm tempted to hope for dev controlled prices, but then it's hardly an economy, right? Perhaps some sort of restricted trading, to prevent monopolies as well as devaluation.