PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Online 2 on Vita or 3DS?

Jenni Porshakin
Dec 28, 2011, 04:38 PM
Of the two handhelds, which one are you most interested in seeing PSO2 on?
(Vita has been released in Japan, should be out in U.S./Europe in February)

Please leave a comment after you vote!!

Ark22
Dec 28, 2011, 04:41 PM
Honestly Vita, seeing as the 3DS is not as powerful.

RemiusTA
Dec 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
Neither. Sega already announced it's PC only.

But this game would never run on the 3DS. The Vita is the only one capable of running it. Back Touch Controls and Dual Analog would pretty much get rid of the need for a mouse, but then you still have to worry about the Keyboard and storage space. And at $100 for like 30gb of memory on Vita, that's going to be a huge issue.

My choice for your topic's sake is Vita, but just know that PSO2 will not be appearing on either of them. And even if it was, it wouldn't be for years.

maxx69
Dec 28, 2011, 05:16 PM
>PSO2
>Handheld

No thanks.

NoiseHERO
Dec 28, 2011, 05:23 PM
PSU on 3DS GOGOGOGO

/take FCs for de ragan!!

GCoffee
Dec 28, 2011, 05:39 PM
Infinity on the 3DS

...statesside.

NoiseHERO
Dec 28, 2011, 05:53 PM
Apparently the next Phantasy Star was on Vita... Phantasy Star Victory was it? Possibly a sequel to Infinity?

Another reason for me to want a 3DS would be nice though. Maybe something similar to Zero, but with better community related aspects, gameplay that doesn't feel clunky (Joystick = no excuse) and a more adventurous feel than just, running through a giant series of copy-pasted rooms.

You know, things easily fixed by not being on the old DS's limitations as well a work-a-round that stupid friendcode system, I think they had group friendcodes or something now?

PlinderD
Dec 28, 2011, 07:05 PM
Neither.

A new game custom tailored for the 3DS or Vita is better than trying to port a PC game to a handheld.

Cayenne
Dec 28, 2011, 09:06 PM
Another console/handheld thread, humm...

Taijutsu-Joshua
Dec 28, 2011, 09:08 PM
Isn't PSO2 only in Japan anyway? Why does it even matter which system it may possibly port to?

BIG OLAF
Dec 28, 2011, 09:11 PM
This is a goofy notion. PSO2 would be shit on a handheld.

If, however, the OP means "Which handheld would you like to see the 'next Phantasy Star Portable' game on?", then Vita.

Cayenne
Dec 28, 2011, 09:18 PM
Oh a completely new version of PS? It would be Vita but I'm sure he means PSO2.

People just want to pass the time talking about something that will never happen.

r00tabaga
Dec 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
Personally, I like tomatos in my grilled cheese.

Blueblur
Dec 28, 2011, 10:28 PM
I'd love a shrunk down version of PSO 2 for Vita. That's probably what Phantasy Star Victory will end up being anyway.

r00tabaga
Dec 28, 2011, 10:35 PM
I'd love a shrunk down version of PSO 2 for Vita. That's probably what Phantasy Star Victory will end up being anyway.

Awesome! I'd much rather buy a Vita than a new laptop/PC.

Cayenne
Dec 28, 2011, 10:45 PM
Even though PSO2 will be the last game I will ever play (I'm done with video games) if they end up making a kick ass version on the Vita then I may end up buying that just for PSV.

NoiseHERO
Dec 28, 2011, 11:47 PM
I think it would be really hard to say what Phantasy Star Victory will be...

But a pocket PSO2 is doubtful.

If anything I don't even fully understand why the made the PSP games instead of finding a way to update the REAL game.

Then there was that future console game that was brought up, that people keep forgetting might exist.

PlinderD
Dec 28, 2011, 11:52 PM
If anything I don't even fully understand why the made the PSP games instead of finding a way to update the REAL game.

Profits

NoiseHERO
Dec 28, 2011, 11:59 PM
Profits

Expansions can cost money too. :\

Cayenne
Dec 29, 2011, 12:04 AM
Wrong direction?

That's all i see when PSU came to be and everything PSU related after that.

PlinderD
Dec 29, 2011, 12:21 AM
New console (as far as the PSO franchise is concerned) new fresh untapped market.

I'd say Sega was either testing the waters with the PSP games or actually just dove right ahead because they thought they'd get more money there.

They're going to piss off some people, or leave them confused, like Squeenix does lately with their "experiments" in game design. But I'd say the PSP library is richer with PSP and PSP2. And probably Sega as well than if they just focused all their effort on the main PSU game.

Cayenne
Dec 29, 2011, 12:28 AM
Having PSU to go is a good selling point but the bad part is that it's PSU.

r00tabaga
Dec 29, 2011, 01:11 AM
Wrong direction?

PSPo2 is pretty damn fun for a PSU game. Story sucks nuts but the game is awesome for a handheld. The PP bar, the lobby & other things from PSO kinda make a nice mix too.

Tetsaru
Dec 29, 2011, 03:52 AM
Keep it PC-only please. I have little to no interest in handheld gaming these days, plus I don't want another PSU situation in terms of separating servers and content... :rolleyes:

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Dec 29, 2011, 04:29 AM
i don't care what the graphics look like, the 3DS is like god's gift to the world of gaming and a phantasy star game on it would be incredible! and if it helps sales, put it on both, PUT PSO2 ON ALL THE CONSOLES (but especially 3DS)

Mitz
Dec 29, 2011, 05:07 AM
Really? My little brother has a 3DS and I used it for a while. I didn't think it was groundbreaking and I didn't think it was even that special. Just another handheld. Personally, just keep it on PC. Make the next iteration of PSP for both 3DS and Vita though, to maximize playerbase.

Cayenne
Dec 29, 2011, 08:03 AM
Never thought I would ever do this again but all this talk about handheld PS just forced me to insert PSP2i back into my dusty PSP, ugh I just face palmed myself hard...

NoiseHERO
Dec 29, 2011, 09:05 AM
Wrong direction?

Well I guess I could assume at least for the western side, that PSU's popularity died too fast to try and sell another expansion. (G4 didn't even glance at it with their snooty X-Play show.) and the handhelds were a cheapshot at a fresh start.

Otherwise they never cared about the west in general, I guess PSP1 was just a random idea but it sold well or something, then instead of actually putting things that PSP2 added to PSU that it should have had since day 1... They just said fuck it and made PSP2, then milked it again for Infinity.

I dunno..

Cayenne
Dec 29, 2011, 09:36 AM
All i saw in PSU were elements and pieces that looked and played like PSO that were shoved in without knowing why it worked. It looked promising at first, hell it won best in show at E3 but it didn't live up to what we were expecting.

I give that game every chance because I loved PSO to death but I lost interest after 2 days and I played it non-stop when I had nothing to do for days laying in bed at the hospital bored to death.

RemiusTA
Dec 29, 2011, 01:20 PM
Profits

Pretty much, unfortunately.

They probably saw how successful Monster Hunter was doing and rushed like fuck to get a piece of dat shit. Most of the best PSP2 features came from that game anyway. Unfortunately nobody told them how fucking asinine it was to make the PSP version of the game 100x superior to the original, and then NOT update the original.

On top of PSU's issues that'd stop me from caring about the game, PSP2 is one of the biggest reasons i never renewed in the last 2 years. I mean seriously, what is the fucking point of playing that old relic of a crappy game anymore when the handheld version has all the REAL updates?

I mean think about it, what can you do on PSU that you can't on PSP2? It's the same game, except just pretty much better and more expansive in every single way.

Noblewine
Dec 29, 2011, 05:43 PM
I prefer it be on the computer for graphics and wifi (online connection).

Roger Triton
Dec 29, 2011, 05:44 PM
This is a goofy notion. PSO2 would be shit on a handheld.

If, however, the OP means "Which handheld would you like to see the 'next Phantasy Star Portable' game on?", then Vita.
PSO2 could work very well on Vita, considering its specs. Is there any reason why it could not run?

The OP might have meant a sidestory to PSO2 or PSO2 itself. I have no idea.

Kent
Dec 29, 2011, 07:48 PM
I wouldn't honestly be interested in a Phantasy Star game on the Vita or the 3DS. Mostly because dedicated gaming handhelds are on the downswing, at least for this point in their lifetime.

Nintendo barely has any idea what they're doing when it comes to modern gaming conventions, pretending as if things like online multiplayer and a unified account system are somehow counterintuitive to classic styles of gaming. The 3DS flopped, having a launch roughly as terrible as the Virtual Boy, though they managed to pull themselves out of a sinkhole by cutting out a chunk of their ridiculous, almost Applle-like profit margin in order to make the system somewhat-affordable for what it does.

Of course, I'd be more interested in seeing a new Phantasy Star spin-off series on it than I would on the Vita, which will probably be even less relevant to the non-Japanese gaming market than the 3DS, in the long run (just like the PSP, though probably not as big of a margin this time). PSO2 though, it's probably not a great idea.

Cayenne
Dec 29, 2011, 08:47 PM
Here's why PSO2 will never be on handhelds: Online only.

Spec-wise it can do it no problem, hell it could play exactly like PC, maybe better because of the controls but if you buy a game that requires wifi to even get past the start screen then that kinda defeats the purpose of "on-the-go".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to PSU:

I'm playing PSP2i right now and it's WAY better than the original PSU but after all the things they've done to it, i would still choose to play PSO V1 instead. PSP2i plays good and all but when a game that's 10 years old plays and feels better than a newer evolution of it with so many things going for it, I'm just disappointed.

kornkid212
Dec 31, 2011, 01:28 AM
PSO2 on Vita... HELL YESS!!

Make it happen Sega!

pso2love
Jan 1, 2012, 02:59 PM
If I had it my way, it would be for all home/handheld consoles. I would forget Xbox360, because Microsoft are being douches about XBL. Make it cross-platform, and make it where people on different platforms can play with each other, on the same server.

blazingsonic
Jan 3, 2012, 06:51 PM
Infinity on the 3DS

...statesside.

That will make Sega in good terms with me and beyond, not that it matters what I think.

dooby613
Jan 5, 2012, 03:44 AM
I'd like PSO BB for 3ds. I'd be ok with something similar to pspo difference from psu from pso2 on vita though also.

Seth Astra
Jan 5, 2012, 09:41 AM
Neither. PSO2 being on a handheld would not only require ovecoming the limitations of putting it on a console, but would also require client-side saves (or separate online/offline character saves like in PSU), along with causing other problems (like, at least for the 3DS, updating the game).

Now if we are talking a new game such as a PSZ2 or PSPo3, rather than a port of the PC PSO2 game, my viewpoint would be different.

AzureBlaze
Jan 5, 2012, 04:11 PM
IF the Vita lives...
There's all sorts of bad talk in articles that Vita is flopping in Japan because it didn't have the best opening line up and Sony "priced it arrogantly". <-- quote of article (well in my opinion they price a lot of their stuff arrogantly, esp TV's--but that's not relevent here)

But for portables what you need to keep the eye out for is

PS Victory
Which they said was being made specifically for the Vita. It gets lost in all the PSO2 news but someone official did say "Victory for Vita" was coming. But, naturally the portable console has to live and not get canned for that to happen.

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2012, 04:28 PM
IF the Vita lives...
There's all sorts of bad talk in articles that Vita is flopping in Japan because it didn't have the best opening line up and Sony "priced it arrogantly". <-- quote of article (well in my opinion they price a lot of their stuff arrogantly, esp TV's--but that's not relevent here)

But for portables what you need to keep the eye out for is

PS Victory
Which they said was being made specifically for the Vita. It gets lost in all the PSO2 news but someone official did say "Victory for Vita" was coming. But, naturally the portable console has to live and not get canned for that to happen.

Yeah I think I said this like 8 times in this thread and no one cared or some other thread too...

They said Victory on Vita AND they were working on a PS console game.

JC10001
Jan 5, 2012, 05:10 PM
Vita. 3DS couldn't pull it off well enough.

And a game based on PSO2 for the Vita (like PSPortable for PSP was based on PSU) is a very safe bet.

NoiseHERO
Jan 5, 2012, 05:22 PM
I can't imagine a lesser PSO2 on vite...

It was okay with portable because PSU was old by then, but an "MMO" and then it's lesser handheld version coming out at the same time...

Ehn, awkward.

It's either what I'm hoping would be something new, or at least a SPINOFF of PSO2, or a sequel to infinity in some way...

r00tabaga
Jan 5, 2012, 07:21 PM
I can't imagine a lesser PSO2 on vite...

It was okay with portable because PSU was old by then, but an "MMO" and then it's lesser handheld version coming out at the same time...

Ehn, awkward.

It's either what I'm hoping would be something new, or at least a SPINOFF of PSO2, or a sequel to infinity in some way...

Uh oh, I see an "MMO" reference......queue the marching band!

PSPo3 on VITA would be sick. I'm just stoked to know that I can play the U.S. version of PSPo2 on my VITA when it is released!!!

Roger Triton
Jan 9, 2012, 08:50 AM
tbqh, Vita will receive a lot of support from Sony.
And so far, there is slim Rpg choices for the next 4-5 mos in Japan.
If SEGA were to make a PSP3 and release it, to test the market....
well what do you all think of that?

And PS Victory later.

PlinderD
Jan 9, 2012, 07:15 PM
Sega trying to be a system seller for the Vita? Eh I really can't see it.

I was expecting them to adapt a "wait and see" approach. Developers like Capcom and Squeenix release their titles on the Vita, people get interested, Vita sales soar and when there's a good number of people with the console and the interest dies down on those games, Sega comes in.

PSZ2 is more feasible at the moment, once the MH3DS craze reaches its climax that is.

CAMPSO
Jan 9, 2012, 08:11 PM
Not so sure about PSO2 on either. But maybe a phantasy star zero 2 or something

Mike
Jan 9, 2012, 08:36 PM
PSZ2 is more feasible at the moment, once the MH3DS craze reaches its climax that is.
Judging by the amount of money Portable brought in over Zero, I'd say we'd see another Portable game before another Zero. Like people have said, a Victory game has been rumored about for a while now. Sakai himself has even hinted at the possiblity of a sequel to Portable or a game on the Vita. That doesn't mean a new game couldn't be on a Nintendo machine but it depends on how much online control Sega is willing to give up to Nintendo.

PlinderD
Jan 9, 2012, 09:08 PM
Judging by the amount of money Portable brought in over Zero, I'd say we'd see another Portable game before another Zero. Like people have said, a Victory game has been rumored about for a while now. Sakai himself has even hinted at the possiblity of a sequel to Portable or a game on the Vita. That doesn't mean a new game couldn't be on a Nintendo machine but it depends on how much online control Sega is willing to give up to Nintendo.

Once the Vita picks up steam sure. Between the 3DS and Vita, Nintendo already got out of their slump. And is drawing a huge following of ARPG fans with MH. The market is already there, the Vita on the other hand is still waiting for a game to be released that'll put it on the map.

If Capcom decides to put an MH on the Vita or another developer does some big name awesome ARPG (or even action game), then PSP3 or PSV title will come sooner but without it I seriously doubt Sega is going to take up the task of being a pioneer on the Vita scene. As far as testing the waters go Puyo Puyo, Hatsune Miku or even Sonic makes more sense given the state the Vita is in now.

rezakon
Jan 14, 2012, 05:22 PM
Once the Vita picks up steam sure. Between the 3DS and Vita, Nintendo already got out of their slump. And is drawing a huge following of ARPG fans with MH. The market is already there, the Vita on the other hand is still waiting for a game to be released that'll put it on the map.

If Capcom decides to put an MH on the Vita or another developer does some big name awesome ARPG (or even action game), then PSP3 or PSV title will come sooner but without it I seriously doubt Sega is going to take up the task of being a pioneer on the Vita scene. As far as testing the waters go Puyo Puyo, Hatsune Miku or even Sonic makes more sense given the state the Vita is in now.

There is a MH coming to Vita, the 3DS sales suddenly dropped dramatically in the week of it's announcement.

PlinderD
Jan 15, 2012, 07:41 PM
You mean the rumor that Capcom has yet to substantiate?

And it was announced somewhere along the third week after MH3DS, the sales were already "dropping", and in an expected fashion after first week sales. For example, Monster Hunter Freedom sold 1m+ copies on its first week then only .5m on its second.

The spike and drop are expected, the questionable MH rumor doesn't really contribute much to that.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 16, 2012, 01:05 AM
I'd prefer a remake of the very first Phantasy Star (Sega Master System) developed by Overworks/Wow Works with Rie Kodama and "Yoshibon" as lead artist (since they developed the original Ps, Ps II, and PS IV, but if they made a beautiful remake for the 3DS I'd shyte bricks.
I've dreamt of a 3-D Phantasy Star (using VR glasses way back when) since 1990, but now we have 3d without glasses, so some kind of special "Phantasy Star: Legend of Alis" for 3DS would be EPIC IMO.

zoulen
Jan 18, 2012, 12:23 AM
I'd much rather have PSO2 remain computer only.
However, I'd love to see Blue Burst ported to a Vita. Although it'll never happen, it would be pretty nice, less stressful than a PSO2 port, and I could imagine quite profitable. I can personally see myself and a lot of others buying a Vita simply just for that game alone.

I personally wont be playing PSO2 due to the fact it's so... high in quality and looks confusing. It's just missing the simple things that the original had that made it so perfect.

Serephim
Jan 18, 2012, 12:25 AM
I'd prefer a remake of the very first Phantasy Star (Sega Master System) developed by Overworks/Wow Works with Rie Kodama and "Yoshibon" as lead artist (since they developed the original Ps, Ps II, and PS IV, but if they made a beautiful remake for the 3DS I'd shyte bricks.
I've dreamt of a 3-D Phantasy Star (using VR glasses way back when) since 1990, but now we have 3d without glasses, so some kind of special "Phantasy Star: Legend of Alis" for 3DS would be EPIC IMO.

been done, look up Phantasy Star Generations.

All the wonderful art, none of the english translation :V

ShadowDragon28
Jan 18, 2012, 01:48 AM
I have Phantasy Star Generations. It's not Yoshibon's art, it's good but could of been VASTLY better, and it's not in 3-d.

I want the characters to look like this for example:
http://www.pscave.com/other/compendium/images/compendium_63_large.png

but i wasn't so crazy that in the remake, she looked like this:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/recent/amyliz-n-ryan/alis1.jpg

Serephim
Jan 18, 2012, 03:24 AM
The art in generations is 100 trillion times better than that, IMO.

Feels far more unique, less generic. Like PSO's art. Alis looks badass in Generations.

NoiseHERO
Jan 18, 2012, 06:25 AM
I'd much rather have PSO2 remain computer only.
However, I'd love to see Blue Burst ported to a Vita. Although it'll never happen, it would be pretty nice, less stressful than a PSO2 port, and I could imagine quite profitable. I can personally see myself and a lot of others buying a Vita simply just for that game alone.

I personally wont be playing PSO2 due to the fact it's so... high in quality and looks confusing. It's just missing the simple things that the original had that made it so perfect.

If you've been paying attention the has game the same exact flow as pso, it just has more things.

Now if we were talking about jumping into a game that hurts my eyes and makes me think "am I even playing this damn game properly??" like final fantasy 13-2. THEN I'd be. Able to relate to what you're saying.

Serephim
Jan 18, 2012, 10:30 AM
I will actually agree that actions like jumping and such do impact the "feeling of pso" a bit. PSO was simplistic in nature and didn't have things like jumping, air combos, juggles and elaborate photon arts.

If this game was 100% "like PSO", then the jump feature would probably be more similar to, say the jump feature in Legend of Zelda, which is more of a hop than anything. It would probably focus more on weapon martial arts instead of over-the-top attacks, and it'd probably look slightly less anime inspired in the graphics department.

So in that regard, yeah the game does look a bit more PSU than PSO. But everything else about it is an obvious throwback to PSO (except for the crap they changed combat wise) so i dont see any reason to get uppity

zoulen
Jan 18, 2012, 11:46 AM
The graphics just look too shiny for me. I think the only actual feature I like is the fact you can go in first person, or more so an "aim" camera which makes targeting a little easier. Like Serephim said the things like "Air combos", and "Juggles" just confuses me. I've never really been into and high end games other than FFXIII and Skyrim.

I wouldn't mind trying PSO2, but my computer will never be good enough to play it and I personally don't see a point in spending hundreds of dollars on a computer I mainly use just to visit Facebook. d:

Dinosaur
Jan 18, 2012, 12:05 PM
Games grow and people expect greater changes. PSO2 is exactly what people want to see in the next installment. We can't just keep using the same formula or else we will have another PSU.

With that said, PSO2 will never be on the 3DS, period. However, I'd say there's a possibility of a Vita version with the game getting it's own seperate offline/multiplayer mode.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 19, 2012, 03:44 AM
The artwork of Phantasy Star IV, Ps II, and the original Ps are all 9 million time better that Ps Generations' art.
They made the characters look ugly, with dull colors and stripped all the cuteness from Myau.

THIS is what Myau is supposed to look like:
http://gazetadealgol.com.br/_media/diversos/sprites/psi_sprite_myau.png
but Generations made him look like a brown and fugly mutant dog-fox thing:
http://www.gagagames.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/psg1-20100207-095310.png

IMO Artwork wise generations is an INSULT to the phantasy star series and to most of it's fans. Yoshibon and Rie Kodama created the design aesthetics and LOOK of the original phantasy star games and are responsible for making them *amazing* games.

Generations may have "updated" graphics for the PS2, and some of it looks good (like towns, overworld, dungeon, and spell effects, and some of it looks terrible (some mosters look weirdly drawn) alot of it comes off as decent *fan art*.

Ps: Generations could of LOOKED so much better if the Sega Ages Team actually had Tohoru Yoshida a.k.a "Yoshibon" draw the art for the characters, monsters and NPC's.
His art is excellent and his work on Ps IV still looks awesome. Here's a awesome illustration Yoshida("Yoshibon") did of the " Nei " for the Ps Memorial Drama CD with art book.
http://pixelkiss.com/phantasystar/gallery/Fanbook%20p04.jpg That is how a classic Ps character is *supposed* to look.

Jinketsu
Jan 19, 2012, 07:19 AM
To each his own. I liked the more modern look and less golden color. He looked less like PikachuVulpix that way.

str898mustang
Jan 19, 2012, 10:48 AM
no....just no

Yata The Prophet
Jan 19, 2012, 01:51 PM
If PSO2 does well and the Vita kinda tanks...but then picks up later, then SEGA could jump in and grab a bit of the RPG market.
But unless they have prepared a portable version of PSO2, then NO. I don't want an Infinity/side story on a new portable. Want a fully playable MMORPG.
Just downscale the damn graphics and make PSO2 playable on handhelds. That should do it, SEGA.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 19, 2012, 07:12 PM
Phantasy Star (sega master system) is from 1986-87, so Myau existed years before those Pokemon characters....

Serephim
Jan 19, 2012, 10:32 PM
The artwork of Phantasy Star IV, Ps II, and the original Ps are all 9 million time better that Ps Generations' art.
They made the characters look ugly, with dull colors and stripped all the cuteness from Myau.

THIS is what Myau is supposed to look like:
http://gazetadealgol.com.br/_media/diversos/sprites/psi_sprite_myau.png
but Generations made him look like a brown and fugly mutant dog-fox thing:
http://www.gagagames.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/psg1-20100207-095310.png

IMO Artwork wise generations is an INSULT to the phantasy star series and to most of it's fans. Yoshibon and Rie Kodama created the design aesthetics and LOOK of the original phantasy star games and are responsible for making them *amazing* games.

Generations may have "updated" graphics for the PS2, and some of it looks good (like towns, overworld, dungeon, and spell effects, and some of it looks terrible (some mosters look weirdly drawn) alot of it comes off as decent *fan art*.

Ps: Generations could of LOOKED so much better if the Sega Ages Team actually had Tohoru Yoshida a.k.a "Yoshibon" draw the art for the characters, monsters and NPC's.
His art is excellent and his work on Ps IV still looks awesome. Here's a awesome illustration Yoshida("Yoshibon") did of the " Nei " for the Ps Memorial Drama CD with art book.
http://pixelkiss.com/phantasystar/gallery/Fanbook%20p04.jpg That is how a classic Ps character is *supposed* to look.

complete and total opinions.

I'd personally prefer the lead artist for Generations/Online over Yoshida 399 days of the year. Alis was 100 trillion times more detailed and believable. Yoshida's art looks very, very "80's anime" to me. Which is not bad at all, it just isn't nearly as appealing to me than the more unique style of whoever did the cover art of Generations.

Sort of looks like the art from an artist of PSO/U, but i can't tell. Excluding the style used in the Portable games (simple faces, not very detailed), The stuff from Phantasy Star Universe and Online is where the series should stay.

That said, PSO2 is definitely the most "ANIME" looking game of the entire series. Even in the CG, the characters look extremely anime-ish in facial features.

Mike
Jan 19, 2012, 10:41 PM
I'm going to close this since it's strayed off topic.