PDA

View Full Version : 32 Mats: The Big Difference for HUnewearls.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 29, 2011, 12:11 AM
So, I decided to try and find out how many PP materials it would take for a HUnewearl to get that crucial extra point of PP recovery per second, just because I always love the fact I almost never have to use fluids because I save and regain so much PP just by being a Newman and the units I have on all the time. It turns out, you only need 32 PP Materials, at level 100, to get that 6 PP per 5 seconds (involving motion within that time), coming to a total of 565 PP in the end.

So, now I ask, since I just want to see everyone else's opinion, do you think that 32 ATP is much more useful than a whole extra point (or 5) of PP recovery in terms of heavy PA / tech spam times with heavily-consuming skills, like Over End or Bite Stamp, etc.? This is all, of course, assuming we either don't have a FO in this particular party or at least the one(s) that are aren't particularly up to the kind of support I usually offer. My set-up involves me not having to carry around many (or any) fluids, in order to maintain a high level of efficiency in combat as a supportive player, but also trying to maintain usefulness as a offensive fighter in those times support is no longer necessary by otherwise ensuring my hits still deal good damage, which is why, if I keep these 32 PP Mats used on her, the rest are gonna be Power Mats anyways, as I was a pure Power HUney anyways. I expect a lot of "oh no, you should totally go with 32 Power mats, 64 PP ain't worth it, blah blah, Monofluids > natural PP regen anyways, blah blah", but I would like to see if there are any differing opinions.

Your thoughts?

PlinderD
Dec 29, 2011, 12:31 AM
HUmars and HUmarls handle things perfectly with just 5 PP regen.

So I don't see why HUnewearls with a potential of 10 PP regen has to bother getting more PP. Never seen a party without a FO wish that the HUmar or HUmarl was a HUnewm or one with a HUnewm with that it was a HUnewearl. Or one with a HUnewearl wish that she had 1 extra PP Regen.

Frankly it's a pointless bonus. 10 or 11 PP or just 5 or 6 PP doesn't make a difference.

Chaos Rappy
Dec 29, 2011, 12:38 AM
*Expected/10 response*

Anyone else got anything to consider? I still think regardless of what anyone says, I'll probably just be sticking with it because I hate being mainstream, but I like hearing what people have to say. :P

Norco
Dec 29, 2011, 07:12 AM
Your goal is never to use a fluid and play a supportive role, right? Then I think you have succeeded.

Though here comes my expected yet unexpected response. I personally think that a PA Save 3 or Tech Save 3 would be more efficient because then you keep your extra bonus from Shifta and still lower your use of fluids ^_^

PlinderD
Dec 29, 2011, 07:26 AM
Except the reason PP is needed is becaue the main concern is to support a party that relies FO but doesn't have one, I don't see what giving more PP to the HUnewearl is going to do. I can understand a HUnewearl switching to a MST MAG. Stronger Resta means better support.

Having more PP doesn't solve the lack of what the FO really brings to the table, namely a party wide Trimate. Shifta is already there, the loss of 5% doesn't really matter. Deband doesn't do crap. HUnewearls don't have Jellen. So their Monomate Resta is what they can offer. So improving Resta should have been the main goal. Not taking away Fluid use.

If you're going to support, support well. Not using Fluids is not the way to do that if it's not really helping the party more.

Norco
Dec 29, 2011, 07:32 AM
He already know that it is more effective.

I expect a lot of "oh no, you should totally go with 32 Power mats, 64 PP ain't worth it, blah blah, Monofluids > natural PP regen anyways, blah blah", but I would like to see if there are any differing opinions.

PlinderD
Dec 29, 2011, 07:37 AM
If 64 PP made for actual better support, then fine. But it doesn't. All it does is make the HUnewearl not consume Fluids. That's all it does. Support means healing the party, buffing them, and debuffing enemies. More PP doesn't make Resta stronger. Shifta can't be improved.

MST is what a HUnewearl or any non-cast HU or RA for that matter, needs to perform the support role better. Increasing their PP Pool does nothing for a party that's dependant on a FO.

Norco
Dec 29, 2011, 07:44 AM
I am a bit curious, I know you would never do this because it goes against you playstyle, but for the sake of the conversation.

What would you do to use as little fluids as possible? Ignore attack power and support and just tag along please ^_^

Chaos Rappy
Dec 29, 2011, 07:42 PM
Your goal is never to use a fluid and play a supportive role, right? Then I think you have succeeded.

Though here comes my expected yet unexpected response. I personally think that a PA Save 3 or Tech Save 3 would be more efficient because then you keep your extra bonus from Shifta and still lower your use of fluids ^_^

I still use my PA Save Lv3 (and Tech Save Lv3 for my FOnewm) regardless anyways, depending on circumstances. Bosses are usually an exception, in which I optimize for special protects (Humilias) or Element Boost (most everything else) instead of the Saves, in which the PP Recovery unit will save me more PP than the PP Save units will since it applies to both PA's and Techs. :P

Chaos Rappy
Dec 30, 2011, 05:11 PM
So, I decided to do the same for my FOnewm, since being a support Force is so much easier with the higher-leveled techs, but is also more consuming on PP, and surprisingly, it only took 24 materials for him to get that extra point of PP regen... but, ironically, also makes him have 666 PP. Quite ironic, since it's a good thing. Definitely gonna help a lot in his case, especially since he WILL be using fluids, but the extra PP and extra point of PP regen means I won't have to use as many fluids during combat, meaning less piping back to the city for fluids and, in general, less fluids bought, saving me thousands of meseta in the long-run. I might have over 80 million meseta, but I still hate wasting it when I could avoid it, even though I use Celeb weapons often. :P

DoctorShanks
Dec 30, 2011, 06:39 PM
80 million?!?! I probably would have had that much if I wasn't constantly blowing my supply on fortifications and Lv4-5 Celeb. Maybe I should play my Force a bit more.