PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Graphical Slow Down

Ryno
Dec 30, 2011, 07:38 PM
I Play JP PSU on my lap top.
i've had my lap top for about over a year now. say. a year and 5 month.
and now i suddenly know when i play PSU i get a Graphical slow down.
when i 1st log on PSU i play fine for like the 1st mission. and for the 2nd mission i Experience Graphical slow down.
what does this mean? i have a lot of memory left in my computer.
is there a way to make it faster?
do i need to buy anything to make it faster? like a Hard Drive or some type? but what kind?
Has any one else experience this kind of Graphical slow down issue before?

:-?

Ce'Nedra
Dec 30, 2011, 07:45 PM
I got that issue as well and i play on a PC.

I have yet to figure out a way to fix it =/ Oddly enough when i played on the EU servers with a worser PC then now and Windows XP i never had any problems (running windows 7 now)

Ryno
Dec 30, 2011, 08:57 PM
I have windows 7 as well. and just now experience graphical slow down. i even closed as much programs down. and restarted my computer. but still the same thing happens. lol. maybe my mother board is already giving up?
or maybe i just need to by an external hard drive?
or a video card?
don't know...
( need answers )

Cloudstrife xx
Dec 30, 2011, 09:20 PM
Please tell us your stats on your laptop is it a duel core? quad core? how many GHz? how much ram? your video card? and the size of your hdd?

TheAstarion
Dec 30, 2011, 10:05 PM
If it's something you didn't have a problem with before and do now, it might be something up with a recent weapon, aura, area, or AI fix causing a memory leak.

Clientside slowdown isn't always graphical (though it usually is). Your RAM could be full of junk data, or your processor might be tasked to capacity running calculations the game is throwing at it.

These are all things that shouldn't plague a PS2 game port. But it's not like Sega are that good at optimising things now is it?

Ryno
Dec 31, 2011, 12:38 AM
@Cloudstrife
where do you look up the status for your computer? i'm using a Dell. ?

@Astarion

Well i do have some music on here not a lot like 50 songs, home work, and some PSU screen shots i keep for memories.

don't know if that makes it slow?.

RemiusTA
Dec 31, 2011, 01:58 AM
I Play JP PSU on my lap top.
i've had my lap top for about over a year now. say. a year and 5 month.
and now i suddenly know when i play PSU i get a Graphical slow down.
when i 1st log on PSU i play fine for like the 1st mission. and for the 2nd mission i Experience Graphical slow down.
what does this mean? i have a lot of memory left in my computer.
is there a way to make it faster?
do i need to buy anything to make it faster? like a Hard Drive or some type? but what kind?
Has any one else experience this kind of Graphical slow down issue before?

:-?

It could be your harddrive. How much space on it do you have?

It could be something running in the background that is locking up your computer. Or maybe over the years you've accumulated memory usage on your computer, and now your computer is running out of it.

I know that sometimes when the computer runs out of memory, it starts using virtual memory by storing it on the Harddrive, using something called Page Files, or something like that. This can severely impact the performance of the game if it's having to load things from the harddrive instead of RAM.

Or, it POSSIBLY could be a hardware malfunction.

But i don't really know your situation, you shouldn't really take my word for it. Did your game run smoothly in the PAST, and now it just doesn't?

Keilyn
Dec 31, 2011, 07:19 AM
Hello Ryno.

Since I tend to do this for a living and I am a gamer as well.

"Around the holidays, internet traffic explodes and multiplies usually by a factor of four. Our connections travel from point to point through a series of hubs and controllers to reach the location we desire.

During this time hubs and controllers set to auto-advertise take advantage by backtracing connection and installing adware and spyware. Remember that if something online says "Free" chances are its being paid for by "Advertisements" meaning nothing is truly "Free".

If you are getting graphical slowdowns you might as well try a system-only startup. This means launching the computer with only core components:

1. Start/Run/Msconfig (or in win7, start and on the bottom enter msconfig)
-----A window opens!-----
2. Click on "Selective Startup"
3. Uncheck the box "Load Startup Items"
4. Click on the "Startup" tab.
5. Uncheck everything on the "Startup Tab"
6. Hit Apply and then Hit Ok.
----A pop up asks to restart. Do so!

A word about "Anti-Viruses" and software firewalls:

These programs are two parts. They are a system service and the program interface. As long as the service is active, the system is protected, but to make any changes the program has to be open.

-------------------------------

The reason I had you do this is to consolidate all your system resources in order to be able to dump as much into your gaming.

This will free up some of your bandwidth, system memory and processor speed (CPU clock cycles) and allow you all to dump them in-game. This will also speed up the startup time of your system since you aren't starting up like a factory.

See if you have problems after this ^_^.

ZER0 DX
Dec 31, 2011, 10:52 AM
@Cloudstrife

Download Speccy, then post everything it says about your machine here.

More than likely you just have a crappy store bought computer with a low end GPU or some Intel integrated bullshit that won't do anyone any good, and a crappy processor that isn't meant for handling bigger tasks like gaming.

If you don't know what your computers specs are off the top of your head, I can pretty much guarantee it's a piece of shit.
Also, laptops suck for gaming in general, especially if you didn't shell out $1000+ for it, whereas you can build a PC to handle whatever you want to throw at it for nearly half that.

Not trying to be an ass but damn, people really need to look into and do some research on what they're buying before they get it or just learn how to build their own machine.

Only thing I can recommend you do without knowing anything about your specs currently is to disable windows aero and switch the theme to windows classic mode.

Slidikins
Dec 31, 2011, 11:14 AM
@Cloudstrife
In the start menu, right click "Computer" and select "Properties."

Under System should be most of the important info such as Processor, RAM, etc. To get more (like GPU) click the "Windows Experience Index" rating and then "View and Print detailed performance and system information."

The resulting page should have everything you want to tell us. Alternatively, a program such as Speccy makes this information readily available.

Ryno
Dec 31, 2011, 12:17 PM
@slidkins
its

RAM is 4.00 GB (3.80 GB Usable)

@Keilyn
where's the System start up / slecetive start up?
I'm a bit bad a computers. unless some shows me. lol.

DeathDragon2332
Dec 31, 2011, 12:51 PM
Or just do Run then dxdiag

Ryno
Dec 31, 2011, 12:59 PM
Or just do Run then dxdiag

I searched it it came up. do i just click
next page?

Keilyn
Dec 31, 2011, 05:55 PM
@slidkins
its

RAM is 4.00 GB (3.80 GB Usable)

@Keilyn
where's the System start up / slecetive start up?
I'm a bit bad a computers. unless some shows me. lol.

Start/Run ---> Type msconfig and hit enter.

A program opens up. That very first screen shows "Selective Startup"